Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unnamed Girl - 13 yo - / Accused: John Phillips Detroit MI

Go down

Unnamed Girl - 13 yo - / Accused:  John Phillips Detroit MI Empty Unnamed Girl - 13 yo - / Accused: John Phillips Detroit MI

Post by twinkletoes Sat May 07, 2011 2:34 am

Police: Man Had Sex With 13-Year-Old 'Bride'

Officials Say Man Met Victim In Online Role-Playing Game

February 9, 2011

DETROIT -- Authorities said a 54-year-old Boston-area man traveled to Michigan to have sex with a 13-year-old girl who was his bride in an online role- playing game.

Wayne County Sheriff Benny Napoleon announced Tuesday that charges against John Phillips of Fitchburg, Mass., include sexual assault, sexually abusive activity with a child, and accosting a child for immoral purposes.

"This guy actually came from Massachusetts to the state of Michigan and had sexual contact with a 13-year-old girl on three occasions," said Napoleon.

He said the two had sex in Phillips' van, at a motel and at the girl's home.

"The things that this guy said to this young lady are just unspeakable," said Napoleon.

Napoleon said Phillips met the girl online last year while playing RuneScape. Napoleon said the characters the pair assumed were married as part of the game, and Phillips gave the girl presents, including a cell phone, so that she could text him.

The girl's mother called police after discovering the child using the cell phone.

"She seen her throw her hand and so she walked over and seen that there was a cell phone there," said Wayne County Michigan Sheriff's Detective Ray Johnson.

Fitchburg police helped execute a search warrant at Phillips home and said they found text messages and e-mails sent to the 13-year-old. His neighbors were upset to hear about the case.

"We should have been informed that we were living next door to a pedophile, but I guess at least he's gone. And I think that's disgusting," said neighbor Victoria Churchville.

Phillips was arraigned Jan. 13 after his arrest at his father's home in New York state, where police said he tried to grow a beard to disguise himself.

Phillips faces a preliminary examination Thursday in Detroit's 36th District Court on an 11-count indictment.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down