Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casey Anthony Trial – The Nerds Take The Stand - BNN

Go down

Casey Anthony Trial – The Nerds Take The Stand - BNN Empty Casey Anthony Trial – The Nerds Take The Stand - BNN

Post by mom_in_il Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:21 am

Casey Anthony Trial – The Nerds Take The Stand
Posted on June 8th, 2011 by Simon Barrett

Excerpt:

I love science of any sort. I love to learn. Science is fun!

Today I got a rare treat in the Casey Anthony trial, science that I have a grounding in. Having spent more than three decades as a computer nerd, and having been involved in a couple of court cases involving the Nerding Arts, this was an area that I found riveting.

It never fails to amaze me as to how unaware people are about what happens on their computers and cell phones.

Digital Forensics is a science that some claim in someways is still in its infancy, but it grows in stature and importance every single day.

I listened with interest as the prosecution started the march. In fact I said to my wife Jan, wait for it, they are going to start talking about ‘Write Blockers’, sure enough, two minutes later the subject came up. I doubt that many people have even heard the term, let alone have one in their arsenal of computer junk at home. Of course my junk pile is compendious. If you want to find out more about Write Blockers here is a review. Well, the way I look at it, you never know when you might need one.

In simple terms digital evidence is like any other evidence. It must be secured and preserved. The mere act of powering on a computer can taint the data.

More: http://www.bloggernews.net/126687
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down