Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Anthony mystery: How big is Dr. Phil’s contribution? - Hal

Go down

New Anthony mystery: How big is Dr. Phil’s contribution? - Hal Empty New Anthony mystery: How big is Dr. Phil’s contribution? - Hal

Post by mom_in_il Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:44 pm

New Anthony mystery: How big is Dr. Phil’s contribution?
posted by halboedeker on August, 16 2011 7:32 PM

Jose Baez says there’s no deal for a Casey Anthony book, but that didn’t stop WOFL-Channel 35 from talking to a reporter who says there is such a deal.

The folks at “Dr. Phil” aren’t talking about Dr. Phil McGraw’s interview with George and Cindy Anthony, Casey’s parents. And Mark Lippman, George and Cindy’s attorney, wasn’t talking either today. But that didn’t stop WESH-Channel 2 from speculating about how much money the “Dr. Phil” show might have contributed to a charity the Anthonys are setting up.

The “Dr. Phil” show announced the Anthony interview in a release today. But the show didn’t say when or where McGraw had talked to George and Cindy Anthony. The interview will air Sept. 12 as the show’s season premiere on WOFL-Channel 35.

In the release, McGraw said no questions were off limits an “extensive interview” in which “we explore every detail of their ordeal.” Casey Anthony was acquitted last month of first-degree murder in daughter Caylee’s death.

The release also said: “The Anthonys sought no compensation for their interview, asking only that a donation be made to a charitable organization currently being formed to honor their granddaughter.”

That left people wondering just how big that donation might be. WESH’s Bob Kealing turned to People magazine writer Steve Helling, who said the couple’s attorney had been seeking a six-figure amount for the interview. (Sources at two network news organizations told me that the Anthonys were seeking the best deal for an interview.) Helling said, “I don’t think it would be under a hundred thousand and I don’t think it will be over a half million.”

Kealing replayed a previous interview with attorney Lippman, who stressed that the couple won’t profit from their new organization, Caylee’s Fund. Kealing noted that George and Cindy Anthony are not listed as officers on the new foundation; they are listed as such on an older nonprofit, the Caylee Marie Anthony Foundation.

WOFL offered a story called “Casey signs book deal.” (Baez has told several news organizations there is no such deal.) Bob Frier talked to reporter Donna Thomas of The Los Angeles Examiner. Thomas said the six-figure cash advance is closer to a million than $100,000, that Anthony will name the father of Caylee and that he is alive and living in Orlando. “I’ve seen pictures of him and, if you look at him, he looks just like Caylee in my opinion,” Thomas said. (But again, Baez said there is no such book deal.)

What do you make of these developments?

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/08/new-anthony-mystery-how-big-is-dr-phils-contribution.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down