Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Newborn John" LESTER-CALLOWAY - 1 Month/ Accused: Brittany Lester - St Petersburg FL

3 posters

Go down

"Newborn John" LESTER-CALLOWAY - 1 Month/ Accused: Brittany Lester -  St Petersburg FL Empty "Newborn John" LESTER-CALLOWAY - 1 Month/ Accused: Brittany Lester - St Petersburg FL

Post by twinkletoes Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:41 pm

Woman Charged With Child Abuse After Messaging Ex

Posted: 7:45 am EDT August 19, 2011

Updated: 7:49 am EDT August 19, 2011

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- A Tampa Bay area woman was arrested after police say she sent pictures and text messages to her ex-boyfriend, claiming to abuse their baby.

St. Petersburg police arrested a 20-year-old Brittany Lester Wednesday night and charged her with aggravated child abuse. She was being held without bail.

Her ex-boyfriend, 21-year-old Donald Callaway, had called authorities to tell them Lester was abusing their 1-month-old child. In a series of text messages, police say Lester claimed she did
not want the baby described various ways she was going to harm him. The pictures included a shot of the infant with a plastic bag over his head.

When officers went to the woman's hotel, they found the baby uninjured.

The infant and Lester's 3-year-old daughter were placed in state custody.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/08/18/2365466/woman-charged-with-child-abuse.html
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

"Newborn John" LESTER-CALLOWAY - 1 Month/ Accused: Brittany Lester -  St Petersburg FL Empty Re: "Newborn John" LESTER-CALLOWAY - 1 Month/ Accused: Brittany Lester - St Petersburg FL

Post by twinkletoes Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:25 pm

Woman arrested for text messages showing child abuse

"Newborn John" LESTER-CALLOWAY - 1 Month/ Accused: Brittany Lester -  St Petersburg FL Texting-threats-8180000_rdax_676x456 Brittany Lester, 20, was arrested on an aggravated child abuse charge.
By Jonathan Petramala, Reporter
Last Updated: Thursday, August 18, 2011 Video Stories

ST. PETERSBURG --
St. Petersburg Police say a woman was using her cell phone to threaten her
ex-boyfriend with her newborn baby at the center of it all.

Police say 20-year-old Brittany Lester got into an argument with the father of
her 1-month-old babyr after she saw a text message from another woman.

When he left the hotel where they were staying, officers say she sent him
dozens of pictures and text messages depicting and describing the
torture of the infant.

"One pose actually had the child upside down in a trash can. There was another pose where the child was placed under a couple mattresses, others with plastic bags on its head," said Mike Puetz with SPPD.

Investigators say Lester began the texting after the father left her, the baby and another 3-year-old girl at the Bayway Inn Motel.

The father, Donald Callaway, told Lester he was going to call the police and show them the messages. According to messages released by police, Lester responded:
6:37 p.m. - Ion care! I aint want ya baby from start. Ill keep sending u more!"
A few minutes later Lester threatens to urinate in the baby's bottle and feed it to him.
6:49 p.m. - and he drinkin it lol wow!!!"
Several times in the texts, Lester tells her ex-boyfriend to call the police or something even worse could happen to the baby.
6:51 p.m. - Kall dha police...if you care so much bout him why would u want
the little to go thru all dhiss cus sooner or later he might be dead!"

Police say Lester admitted to sending the messages but said she didn't actually abuse the baby.

"Basically, what it appeared, she was trying to tell us she was going for the effect, the visual effect, as opposed to actually harming the child," Puetz said.

When police arrived after 9 p.m. Wednesday, both children appeared unharmed. The infant and the toddler are in the custody of Child Protection. Lester's mother declined to take custody of
the children, according to Puetz.

Lester was given $2,500 bond from a judge on a single count of aggravated child abuse.

http://www.baynews9.com/article/news/2011/august/297244/Woman-arrested-for-text-messages-showing-child-abuse
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

"Newborn John" LESTER-CALLOWAY - 1 Month/ Accused: Brittany Lester -  St Petersburg FL Empty Re: "Newborn John" LESTER-CALLOWAY - 1 Month/ Accused: Brittany Lester - St Petersburg FL

Post by flash0115 Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:57 pm

why is this listed under abused and neglected children resulting in death heading?

flash0115
Local Celebrity (no autographs, please)
Local Celebrity (no autographs, please)

Job/hobbies : Pretending to maintain my sanity

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:27 pm

Looks like that mistake is mine. Tom will move it for us to "not resulting in death".
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonMomma Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:20 pm

Stripper mom jailed after tormenting baby’s daddy with child abuse

September 21, 2012
By: Richard Webster

List of images included photographing the newborn with a plastic bag over his head.

Credits:
Pinellas County Sheriff's Office

Brittany Lester, a 21-year-old Florida mom, was sentenced this week to one year in prison for aggravated child abuse after texting the baby’s father a series of disturbing messages, plus images which displayed the newborn infant in a variety of dangerous and life-threatening poses.

Lester, who worked as a topless dancer in a Clearwater, Fla. club, sent the pictures to torment the father after she learned the dad was receiving cell phone calls from another woman.

According to the Smoking Gun:

Cops learned of the troubling photos from the father of the five-week-old boy, according to police reports. The 22-year-old man told investigators that he had broken up with Lester, but that the two had agreed to “work together for the sake of” the baby.

However, the man reported, Lester got angry with him when she examined his cell phone and determined that another woman had been calling him.

Soon after being with Lester in her motel room one night, the father began receiving the troubling texts and photos from the baby’s mother.

Thirteen images in all showed the infant in a variety of posed and life-threatening situations, like:
•being squeezed between a mattress and box spring,
•a plastic bag over his head,
•sitting in the toilet,
•being inside a trash can (both sitting and upside-down),
•images of Lester holding the baby up by his neck, and,
•an image of Lester placing her cell phone charger inside the baby’s mouth.

You can see the police’s descriptions of all the photos here. http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/brittany-lester-plea

According to St. Petersburg Police Department, the newborn was not injured during Lester’s malicious photo session.

Lester admitted to the police that she took and sent the photos in an effort to “get a response” from the baby’s father.

After her arrest, Lester’s newborn baby and her 3-year-old daughter were placed in the care of the Pinellas Co. Child Protection Services.

http://www.examiner.com/article/stripper-mom-jailed-after-tormenting-baby-s-daddy-with-child-abuse-images
MasonMomma
MasonMomma
Squirrel Hunter
Squirrel Hunter

Job/hobbies : Stay-at-home Mommy who loves to bake

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:16 am

I hope this woman never sees her children again. She needs to go to the nearest vet and get herself fixed so she can't reproduce ever again.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down