Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Infant Doe"- 18 Months/ Accused: Kerry Hawkins - Detroit MI

3 posters

Go down

"Infant Doe"- 18 Months/ Accused: Kerry Hawkins - Detroit MI Empty "Infant Doe"- 18 Months/ Accused: Kerry Hawkins - Detroit MI

Post by TomTerrific0420 Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:34 pm

DETROIT -
The Detroit Police Department said a 33-year-old man is charged with murder in the death of an 18-month-old.

Police said Kerry Hawkins reported a home invasion on Jan. 13 at a home in the 90 block of Goldengate Street.

Officers found the 18-month-old victim unresponsive at the home. Hawkins said two men broke into the home and assaulted him and the baby. However, after an investigation, Detroit police said Hawkins himself was responsible for the baby's abuse which later lead to his death at a local hospital.

Hawkins was arraigned Saturday on charges of child abuse. He now also faces a felony murder charge.

"This case demonstrates the resolve of our investigators to look beyond what meets the human eye," said Detroit Police Chief Ralph Godbee said. "I hope that this good work has helped bring some closure to this family."

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/Detroit-man-charged-with-murder-in-18-month-old-s-death/-/1719418/8197532/-/14a1kma/-/index.html
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

"Infant Doe"- 18 Months/ Accused: Kerry Hawkins - Detroit MI Empty Re: "Infant Doe"- 18 Months/ Accused: Kerry Hawkins - Detroit MI

Post by twinkletoes Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:59 pm

Where is the mother? Is this another boyfriend murdering a defenseless baby?
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

"Infant Doe"- 18 Months/ Accused: Kerry Hawkins - Detroit MI Empty Re: "Infant Doe"- 18 Months/ Accused: Kerry Hawkins - Detroit MI

Post by ladibug Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:50 am

(Poster's note: Yep, apparently he was the boyfriend, I underlined where it says that.)

Police: Man charged with child abuse to face murder charge after toddler dies
"A 29-year-old man has been charged with murder in the death of an 18-month-old boy, according to Detroit Police.

Kerry Hawkins was arraigned on a first-degree child abuse charge Saturday, but faces a murder charge because the boy died later that day.

Officers had responded to a call for a home invasion about 9 p.m. Friday in the 90 block of East Goldengate and discovered an unresponsive child.

Hawkins, who was identified as the boyfriend, told police two black males broke into the home, assaulted him and the child and then fled. The boy was taken to a local hospital and listed in critical condition but he died the next day.

“Due to a meticulous and thorough investigation, the investigators identified the boyfriend as the suspect who (allegedly) physically assaulted the victim,” police said in a news release today..."

http://www.freep.com/article/20120116/NEWS01/120116054/child-abuse-to-murder-charge-after-toddler-dies

ladibug
ladibug

Job/hobbies : Collecting feral cats

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:00 am

Thanks Ladibug. Guess they didn't want to say that before investigating.

I think the mother should be arrested also. These men don't torture these babies to death without the mother knowing what is going on. If they start going to prison for ignoring abuse and putting their bed partner ahead of their babies, maybe some of them will not let their babies be abused.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:15 am

I just don't get it. How could you watch anyone being abused without interfering, but your own children? Guess it's good that I don't understand. So incredibly sad; I always think about what the dear children must be thinking, the horror. My Mom (fine now) had heart valve and 3 by-pass surgery last week. When she was coming to she was in such pain and just whispering "Help me, help me" and I will never, ever get over that-and it was out of my control. You can be sure I'd be breaking a chair over the head of someone hurting my babies-that you have control over!
ladibug
ladibug

Job/hobbies : Collecting feral cats

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:17 am

Ladibug, I'm glad your mom is OK. Sometimes they don't give the drugs they are ordered to. Prayers for your mom.

My youngest daughter had open heart surgery and it almost killed me. When it was over and I was allowed in ICU, I passed out. She is fine now.

I couldn't stand to see anyone brutalized, but a baby - that is beyond the pale.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down