Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KADIN and DAMIEN ADER (and their Mother, Tracy Ann ADER) - 8 and 10 yo - / Suspect: Dustin Gilman Spokane WA

2 posters

Go down

KADIN and DAMIEN ADER (and their Mother, Tracy Ann ADER) - 8 and 10 yo - / Suspect: Dustin Gilman Spokane WA Empty KADIN and DAMIEN ADER (and their Mother, Tracy Ann ADER) - 8 and 10 yo - / Suspect: Dustin Gilman Spokane WA

Post by twinkletoes Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:47 am

UPDATE: Woman, Two Children Murdered In North Spokane

Posted: 9:11 pm PST February 10, 2012
Updated: 7:04 pm PST February 11, 2012

KADIN and DAMIEN ADER (and their Mother, Tracy Ann ADER) - 8 and 10 yo - / Suspect: Dustin Gilman Spokane WA 30434989_233X320
SPOKANE -- Police are investigating a triple homicide in North Spokane, and now have a "person of interest" in the case.

The homicides happened in the 4400 block of North Whitehouse Street sometime Thursday or Friday. Police say three people are dead, one woman and two children.

A 911 call came in around 7:15 Friday night.

Someone reported coming into the home and finding a body. Just after 11:00 p.m., they confirmed there were three dead people in the home, possibly victims of domestic violence.

Major crimes detectives executed a search warrant around one o'clock Saturday morning. They took pictures and collected evidence in and outside of the home.

Medical examiners removed the three bodies from the scene just before 5:00 a.m. and a neighbor started a candlelight vigil at around 3:30 for the family.Detectives left the scene at 7:00, but officers will remain on scene all day.

A close family friend says the husband of the mother of the two children is ill and in the hospital and that the mother was at the hospital visiting him. They received a call saying the children had not shown up to school. That is when the mother went home to check on the two children, who were in the care of 22-year-old Dustin Gilman.

Police are now looking for Dustin Gilman as "a person of interest" in connection to this triple homicide.

Gilman is white, 5'8" tall, weighs 170 pounds and has blond hair and blue eyes. Police are also looking for a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder that is either blue or silver with Washington license plate 983-WKJ.If you have any information on Gilman, call police immediately.

http://www.kxly.com/sports/30433575/detail.html

Last edited by twinkletoes on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

KADIN and DAMIEN ADER (and their Mother, Tracy Ann ADER) - 8 and 10 yo - / Suspect: Dustin Gilman Spokane WA Empty Re: KADIN and DAMIEN ADER (and their Mother, Tracy Ann ADER) - 8 and 10 yo - / Suspect: Dustin Gilman Spokane WA

Post by twinkletoes Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:49 pm

February 12, 2012

Police hunt suspect in triple homicide

Victims’ relatives ‘would never have ever imagined him doing this’.

Tracy Ader’s stepfather kept a gun at his side Saturday.

The man suspected of murdering Ader and her two young sons was at large, and Steve Ponsness was taking no chances.

Dustin William Gilman, 22, had been living with Ader and her husband, Nick Ader, at their home in Spokane for several months. He watched over Tracy Ader’s sons, ages 8 and 10, attended family gatherings and celebrated Christmas and Thanksgiving at Ponsness’ Spokane Valley home.

Gilman was great with the boys, Ponsness said. But after learning Friday that Gilman was the prime suspect in the shooting deaths of the boys and their mother, Ponsness said he could think of only one thing to do if Gilman showed up at his home.

“I’d put a bullet in his head quicker than you can blink,” Ponsness said.

Police spent Saturday scouring the area for Gilman. He is believed to have stolen Ader’s blue 1997 Nissan Pathfinder after killing Ader and her sons.

Gilman’s father, Larry Gilman, told The Spokesman-Review Saturday evening that he believes his son likely committed suicide.

“I’m very distraught right now,” he said. “My son is probably dead, along with the three people that he killed, supposedly.”

Spokane police Officer Jennifer DeRuwe said late Saturday that Dustin Gilman was still considered armed and dangerous. Anyone who sees him or Ader’s Pathfinder is urged to call 911.

Ader had just visited her husband at Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center, where he’d been for a few days with pancreatitis, when she returned home Friday to check on the boys after receiving a call, Ponsness said. After several hours, Nick Ader called a friend to check on his wife because he hadn’t heard from her.

Police responded to Ader’s home at 4411 N. Whitehouse St. about 7:15 p.m. Friday after having received a 911 call about a dead body inside the home. Authorities scoured north Spokane late into the
night Friday in search of Gilman.

A memorial for Ader and the boys began forming Saturday near the home. A woman who identified herself only as Lisa, and her 11-year-old daughter only as Alyssa, stopped by to pay respects to the boys, who attended Willard Elementary School with Alyssa.

Alyssa said the 10-year-old, who was in the fifth grade, was an excellent student who withstood teasing because of his academic prowess. Lisa said Nick Ader frequently volunteers at the school.

“He’s just the nicest guy,” she said.

The Aders married a couple of years ago, family said. Tracy Ader was born in Spokane, graduated from Rogers High School in 1997 and enjoyed skiing, camping, church and spending time with family. She had worked for about 10 years at Pitney Bowes, an office supply company.

Tracy Ader had been upset lately about the murder of coworker Kimberly Rae Schmidt, 34, a leasing manager at Pitney Bowes, who was found shot to death in her north Spokane home on New Year’s Day. No one has been arrested in that case, but sheriff’s detectives say they have a person of interest.

“Tracy was having a hard time dealing with that because (Schmidt) was a direct co-worker of hers,” Ponsness said.

Ponsness and his wife, Ader’s mother, Carolyn Ponsness, were preparing for sleep when they learned of the murders late Friday. Carolyn Ponsness said she’d just watched news coverage of the two young boys killed in Western Washington by their father, who was suspected in the disappearance of his wife.

“I didn’t really mean it, but I said, ‘What if that happened to Tracy?’ ” Carolyn Ponsness said. “And it did. And I feel bad for saying it.”

The Posnesses questioned the circumstances of the case as they sat Saturday in their living room. With them was Ader’s 20-year-old sister, Justine Ponsness, and her boyfriend.

“I would have never ever, ever, thought about this. He was the nicest kid,” Ponsness said of Gilman.
Gilman is the younger brother of a friend of Nick Ader, the family said. Tracy Ader loved to help people, so it came as no surprise when she and Nick let Gilman move in.

The Aders threw him a birthday party in November. Gilman posted a picture on his Facebook page of him with the family and thanked them for everything they’d done for him, Ponsness said.

“He was basically living off them,” Ponsness said.

He helped around the home and loved to play with the boys. It wasn’t unusual for him to be alone with the boys as he was Thursday night and early Friday.

Tracy Ader’s sister visited the family Thursday night with her young son. Nothing seemed amiss, and Gilman was there, playing with the children as usual.

“The kids loved him,” Justine Ponsness said. “This just blows me away, because I would never have ever imagined him doing this … “It’s like, ‘Wow, what just happened?’ ”

Ponsness and Ader’s mother said they have no idea what could have triggered the slayings. They also don’t know how Gilman obtained a firearm but suspect it may have belonged to Nick Ader.

“He must have just snapped,” Ponsness said of Gilman.

Gilman is a felon who was sentenced to nine months in jail in 2009 after pleading guilty to two counts of second-degree trafficking in stolen property. He has convictions in Kootenai County in 2005 for stolen
property and car theft. Court records show he was arrested for assault
when he was 10.

Ader’s family had mixed feelings about what they hoped would happen to him. Justine Ponsness said he hopes he rots in prison after police find him.

But Steve Ponsness said he could only hope that Gilman would kill himself or be the only person killed in a shootout with police.

“I just pray that he’s dead, because I don’t want to deal with the stupid system,” he said.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2012/feb/12/police-hunt-suspect-in-triple-homicide/
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

KADIN and DAMIEN ADER (and their Mother, Tracy Ann ADER) - 8 and 10 yo - / Suspect: Dustin Gilman Spokane WA Empty Re: KADIN and DAMIEN ADER (and their Mother, Tracy Ann ADER) - 8 and 10 yo - / Suspect: Dustin Gilman Spokane WA

Post by TomTerrific0420 Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:07 am

A 22-year-old man sought for investigation in the deaths of a woman and
her two sons remained on the loose Sunday, and police said they believed
he was armed with several stolen weapons and a bullet-resistant vest.

After
a day of searching, police failed to turn up Dustin W. Gilman, who was
believed to be driving a silver 2007 Nissan Pathfinder. There was no
sign of the vehicle either.

Authorities are checking tips from the public, said Spokane police officer Jennifer DeRuwe.

"All
the places we thought he was, he wasn't," DeRuwe said Sunday. "Every
law enforcement officer in the area knows to be on the lookout for him."

The slain woman was identified as Tracy Ann Ader, 32.

Police were looking to confirm Gilman's relationship to the victims, but The Spokesman-Review reported Sunday
that Gilman had been living with Ader and her husband, Nick Ader, and
watching Ader's 8- and 10-year-old sons for several months.

Gilman,
who had previously been convicted of trafficking in stolen property and
car theft, is the younger brother of one of Nick Ader's friends. The
Aders took him in because he was in need, relatives said.

On
Friday, Tracy Ader returned home to check on the boys after visiting her
husband at a hospital, where he was being treated for pancreatitis.
After several hours, Nick Ader called a friend to check on his wife
because he hadn't heard from her.

Police found the bodies. Tracy Ader's Pathfinder was gone.

Detectives
said Sunday they believed Gilman may have several stolen weapons,
including multiple handguns, hunting rifles and an assault rifle.

Gilman
had attended Ader family gatherings, and he celebrated Thanksgiving and
Christmas at the home of Ader's stepfather, Steve Ponsness, last year.

Ponsness told the newspaper that Gilman seemed great with the boys. On Saturday, Ponsness kept a gun at his side.

If Gilman showed up there, "I'd put a bullet in his head quicker than you can blink," he said.

Gilman's father, Larry Gilman, told the newspaper he believes his son likely committed suicide.

"I'm very distraught right now," he said. "My son is probably dead, along with the three people that he killed, supposedly."

A
memorial for Ader and the boys began forming Saturday near the home. A
classmate of the 10-year-old said the fifth-grader was an excellent
student.

The Aders married a couple of years ago, family said.
Tracy Ader was born in Spokane and enjoyed skiing, camping, church and
spending time with family. She had worked for about 10 years at Pitney
Bowes, an office supply company.

She had been upset lately about
the murder of coworker Kimberly Rae Schmidt, 34, a leasing manager at
Pitney Bowes, who was found shot to death in her north Spokane home on
New Year's Day. No one has been arrested in that case, but sheriff's
detectives say they have a person of interest.

"Tracy was having a hard time dealing with that because (Schmidt) was a direct co-worker of hers," Ponsness said.

Tracy
Ader's sister visited the family Thursday night with her young son.
Nothing seemed amiss, and Gilman was there, playing with the children as
usual.

"The kids loved him," Justine Ponsness said. "This just blows me away, because I would never have ever imagined him doing this."

Ponsness and Ader's mother said they have no idea what could have triggered the slayings.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Police-No-sign-of-man-sought-in-3-Spokane-deaths-139188904.html
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:15 pm

It is my understanding that the boys are not named Ader and that they have not been named pending notification of their father. This is the reason I did not post their names.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:34 pm

twinkletoes wrote:It is my understanding that the boys are not named Ader and that they have not been named pending notification of their father. This is the reason I did not post their names.
---My error. I forgot what a convoluted society we have to deal with.
These were the hospitalized father's STEPCHILDREN.
Where is the birth father???
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:05 pm

Vehicle found but suspect in killing of Spokane mom and 2 sons at large; may have stolen guns

SPOKANE, Wash. — “They were just the sweetest boys ever,” Melody Ponsness, Tracy Ader’s cousin, told The Spokesman-Review newspaper.

“They always gave you a hug before you had to go back home. It’s hard to find words. It’s just so shocking.”

Gilman spent nine months in prison in 2009 after he was convicted of two counts of second-degree trafficking in stolen property.

The Aders had befriended him and he had moved in with the family, officials have said.

Police found the slain family’s 2007 Nissan Pathfinder in a convenience store parking lot in Spokane on Sunday. A police dog was unable to pick up the suspect’s trail.

Gilman’s father, Larry Gilman, on Saturday told police that he had spoken to his son on the phone and heard a shot, which made the elder Gilman believe that his son had committed suicide.

Dustin Gilman had been living with the Aders at their home for several months. He watched over the two boys and attended family gatherings.

Police believe Gilman is still in Spokane. However, alerts have been sent via the National Crime Information Center to all 49 other states. Border agents are also on the lookout for Gilman, who is described as 5-foot-8, 170 pounds, with blond hair and blue eyes.

Several weapons were taken from the house where Ader and her children were found.

Police found the slain family’s 2007 Nissan Pathfinder in a convenience store parking lot in Spokane on Sunday. A police dog was unable to pick up the suspect’s trail.

Gilman’s father, Larry Gilman, on Saturday told police that he had spoken to his son on the phone and heard a shot, which made the elder Gilman believe that his son had committed suicide.

Dustin Gilman had been living with the Aders at their home for several months. He watched over the two boys and attended family gatherings.

Police believe Gilman is still in Spokane. However, alerts have been sent via the National Crime Information Center to all 49 other states. Border agents are also on the lookout for Gilman, who is described as 5-foot-8, 170 pounds, with blond hair and blue eyes.

Several weapons were taken from the house where Ader and her children were found.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/vehicle-found-but-suspect-in-killing-of-spokane-mom-and-2-sons-at-large-may-have-stolen-guns/2012/02/13/gIQAH8gtAR_story.html
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:16 pm

I wonder two things:

Why did they let a man with his criminal background live with them and trust him with the two boys?

What did the mother walk in on that Gilman believed his best recourse was a triple homicide?
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:29 pm

Montana Police On Alert For Spokane Homicide Suspect

MISSOULA, Mont. -- Spokane police are asking Western Montana officials to be on high alert, as they hunt for a man they call armed and dangerous.

22-year-old Dustin Gilman is suspected in the killings of a woman and two children in Spokane Friday night.

Missoula police say Washington law enforcement asked them to be on the lookout in case Gilman heads to Montana.

Detectives say he's armed and dangerous, and may have handguns, hunting rifles, and SKS assault rifle and a ballistic vest.If you see him, call 911.

http://www.nbcmontana.com/news/30440819/detail.html
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:56 pm

Family Of Murder Suspect: He Said "Goodbye"

SPOKANE -- The family of Dustin Gilman, the 22-year-old who is a person of interest in the murder of a mother and her two young sons, says Gilman called his father Friday night to apologize and admitted to killing the family.

Tracy Ader and her sons, ages 8 and 10, were found dead Friday night in their home
at 4411 North Whitehouse. Gilman had been living in a trailer behind
Ader's home for several months.

A family member of Gilman, who did not want to be named, said Gilman called his father Friday night and “spilled the beans.” He said Gilman was somewhere in the woods and apologized for everything he'd done in his past. He also admitted to killing the family and said he did not want to go back to prison.

The family member said Gilman's father tried to talk to him for as long as possible, but eventually Gilman said 'goodbye' and then they heard what sounded like a gun shot. What followed was the sound of rain hitting the phone.

Around 3 p.m. Sunday at a vigil held outside Ader's home, Gilman's father Larry showed up to speak to the crowd that had gathered.

"It's a hard thing for me to come out here and say this," Larry started. "We tried to get Dustin help for many years, unfortunately it didn't help. I just want to let everybody know, we are very sorry."

Police have said it is possible that Gilman committed suicide, but they are continuing to pursue him because they consider him armed and very dangerous. Police have information that he was heading toward the Spokane Country Club and Whitworth area.

“The air one helicopter is going to come out [Saturday] afternoon to help us search but that's
not for certain that he's in that area,” Spokane Police Officer Jennifer DeRuwe said.DeRuwe said it's possible Gilman faked committing suicide to throw investigators off his tracks, that's why they want the
public's cautious help finding him.

Around 4 p.m. Sunday, The Spokane Police Department announced on its Facebook page that the 2007 Nissan Pathfinder they believe Gilman stole was found at Wellesley and Monroe. Gilman was not in the car.

Spokane Police Sunday released new information about Gilman and what he may be armed with including multiple handguns, hunting rifles, an SKS assault rifle with ammunition and a ballistic vest.

http://www.kxly.com/sports/30440273/detail.html
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:23 am

twinkletoes wrote:I wonder two things:

Why did they let a man with his criminal background live with them and trust him with the two boys?

What did the mother walk in on that Gilman believed his best recourse was a triple homicide?
---a triple homicide? and now a possible suicide... My hunches are twofold:
1) He was involved in a real or perceived affair with Tracy and fantasized that it was his family. She rebuffed his advances or perceptions and was further incensed by the pending return of the husband from the hospital.
2) He was involved in a pedophiliac incident, or series of them, with the boys and they were about to reveal his crime to the mother.

It would be interesting to note the order of the deaths. That would be telling as to motive.
Any other scenarios out there?
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:28 am

I was thinking pedophilia and perhaps the mom walking in on it. But your other scenario could well be it. Either one is plausible.

The order of the deaths and the time line would be very telling.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:32 am

Body found of man suspected of killing mom, kids

SPOKANE, Wash. -- Authorities in eastern
Washington say they have found the body of a 22-year-old fugitive being
sought in the killings of a woman and her two young sons.
The body of Dustin W. Gilman was discovered Monday morning in the Wandermere area north of Spokane, The Spokesman-Review reported. Authorities did not say how Gilman died.

Police say Gilman was wanted in connection with Friday's killing of
32-year-old Tracy Ann Ader and her 8- and 10-year-old sons at their
home, where Gilman had been staying as a family friend.

Tracy Ader's husband was in the hospital at the time with a medical condition.0

Police say Gilman took off in Ader's 2007 Nissan Pathfinder, which was found
Sunday afternoon at a convenience store parking lot in Spokane.

According to the Spokesman-Review, the vehicle was located a few blocks from the
home of Gilman’s father, Larry Gilman. Police said a search of the
senior Gilman’s residence came up empty.

Larry Gilman said he had been in contact with this son on Saturday. He told investigators that
he’d spoken to his son on the telephone and heard a gunshot, according
to the Spokesman-Review. Larry Gilman said he believed his son had killed himself.

Police responding to a 911 call about a dead body in a home found three bodies instead.

Dustin Gilman had been living with the Aders at their home for several
months, sharing holidays and caring for the boys, the Spokesman-Review
reported.

“They were just the sweetest boys ever,” Melody
Ponsness, Tracy Ader’s cousin, told the Spokesman-Review. “They always
gave you a hug before you had to go back home. It’s hard to find words.
It’s just so shocking.”

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/13/10397050-body-found-of-man-suspected-of-killing-mom-kids
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:36 am

It would be interesting to know what he told his father.

I'm still reeling over the Powell boys and now this.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:47 pm

February 14, 2012

Slaying suspect’s body found

22-year-old was sought in killings of Spokane woman, her two sons

A tracked cellphone signal led police Monday to the body of the
suspected killer they had been hunting ever since a mother and her two
children were found dead Friday in their north Spokane home.

A police dog found 22-year-old Dustin William Gilman’s body in a forested
area near the Little Spokane River, north of the Spokane city limits,
about 10 a.m. Gilman’s father and others had speculated earlier that
he’d shot himself after fleeing the crime scene, but Spokane police did
not disclose how Gilman died or whether firearms were found near
his body.

Gilman is the only suspect in the deaths of Tracy Ann
Ader, 32, and her sons, 8-year-old Kadin, and 10-year-old Damien, who
were found dead in their home at 4411 N. Whitehouse St.

Interim Spokane police Chief Scott Stephens said Gilman’s father said his son
was familiar with the area. The manhunt for Gilman focused on a broad
area over the weekend until detectives obtained more specific cellphone
tower information that led them to focus on a smaller area. Gilman’s
body was located in a “plateau, cliff-like area” on 45 acres of private
property, Stephens said. The property is owned by a retired orthopedic
surgeon who police say has no connection to Gilman.

The discovery of Gilman’s body ended a 60-hour manhunt that included the discovery of
Ader’s 2007 Nissan Pathfinder in a secured parking lot near Wellesley
Avenue and Monroe Street on Sunday afternoon.

Detectives believe Gilman stole the SUV after committing the killings. They don’t know how
he got to the Little Spokane River area and suspect he may have
had help.

“Obviously, he didn’t walk here from the crime scene,”
Stephens said while standing outside the property at 909 W. Hazard Road
on Monday.

Gilman, who family say is related to a friend of Tracy
Ader’s husband, had been living with the family for several months as
they helped him prepare for school and look for work. He often watched
the boys and was doing so Friday while Tracy visited Nick in the
hospital, where he reportedly was recovering from pancreatitis.

Tracy Ader returned home to check on the boys Friday morning, family said.
Nick Ader asked a friend to check on her after several hours went by
without hearing from her.

Stephens said detectives may never know a motive for the slayings because everyone involved is dead.
He commended the police response, saying Gilman posed a “grave risk to the public and any officer who encountered him.”

Kadin and Damien Ader were in the third and fifth grades at Willard
Elementary School, where a team of 10 counselors gathered Monday to help
grieving students and their parents, said Terren Roloff, spokeswoman
for Spokane Public Schools. Roloff described the boys as “just fabulous
students and really well loved.”

A letter sent to parents by
Principal Steve Indgjerd described their deaths as a tragedy “beyond the
scope of anything I have ever had to address to parents or students.”

Along with excelling academically, the boys participated in sports and music.
Damien was responsible for setting up the school’s computer lab each
morning “so that teachers and students had instant access to the
programs they needed,” Indgjerd wrote.

Spokane Mayor David Condon
and City Council President Ben Stuckart issued a prepared statement
Monday offering condolences to the victims and their friends
and families.

“We have concentrated law enforcement efforts all
weekend to address this crime, and today we have seen significant
progress,” Condon said.

Local churches also opened their doors Monday evening for grieving residents.
Police have not said how the boys or their mother died but say it was obvious
they could not be resuscitated when officers found them Friday night.

Ader was a 1997 Rogers High School graduate.

Ader divorced the boys’ biological father in 2006. She married Nick Ader a couple of years ago, family said.

Ader’s family said Gilman spent Thanksgiving and Christmas with them at their
Spokane Valley home and was great with the boys. They said they never
imagined him harming them, and have no idea why he would do so.

Ader’s stepfather, Steve Ponsness, said Monday that he was relieved by Gilman’s death. “I’ll sleep better tonight,” he said.

But Ponsness and his family remain troubled by unanswered questions.
“Especially when someone does themselves in, it’s like great, how do we find out
why?” Ponsness said. “But there’s a lot of things in life we ask why and
we never get the answers. There’s plans out there, sometimes we just
don’t what they are.”

Gilman’s father, Larry Gilman, declined comment Monday.
Dustin Gilman had a 2  1/2-year-old daughter with Brittney Fasino, who
obtained a restraining order against him in November 2010.

Fasino said Gilman broke into her apartment twice and damaged the walls and
stole her clothes. She said Gilman threatened her over the phone and
said he planned to show up at her apartment with a gun.

She said she often slept at her mother’s home because she feared Gilman would break into her apartment to kidnap her daughter.

Fasino said Gilman called in August and November 2010 to say “his final
goodbyes” while threatening suicide. She said she’d never seen Gilman
with a gun and told court officials he did not have a substance
abuse problem.

But other court records show Gilman’s father kicked him out of his North Jefferson Street home after finding cocaine in his room in September 2008.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2012/feb/14/slaying-suspects-body-found/
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:59 pm

Looks like they were using the Ader name even though he was the stepfather.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:02 pm

Looks like we will never know the answers to our questions.

His ex certainly considered him dangerous and a threat. I would not have a man with his history around my kids.

I'll bet his ex is breathing a sigh of relief and thanking God it wasn't her and her child he murdered.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:27 pm

Father, Grandfather: 'It's Just Indescribable Evil'

Posted: Feb 14, 2012 1:15 AM EST
Updated: Feb 14, 2012 1:46 AM EST

SPOKANE, Wash. - Tracy Ader's father Mike
wasn't surprised when police told him Dustin Gilman was the suspect they
were looking for in the murder of his daughter and grand kids. Gilman
lived with his daughter's family but he never thought he could something
like this.

Going through family pictures, Mike Bates told stories about his grandsons to KHQ Monday night. Stories that are now memories.

On Friday his daughter Tracy and his two
grandsons, Damien and Kaden were killed by a person, he says they were
just trying to help.

The Adder family took in Gilman just a few
months ago, giving the troubled 22 year old a place to stay while he
tried to get back on his feet.

Mike says that's just the kind of person his
daughter was: A giving woman that grew into a wonderful mother who would
do anything to help someone.

Gilman was found dead Monday just a few miles where he is suspected of taking the lives of the family he was living with.

Mike says what happened to his family an
indescribable evil that no one will ever be able to explain and doesn't
think there will ever truly be closure after such a tragic event but
finding out what his daughter and grandsons meant to those that knew
them will keep their memories alive.

Mike says most important thing to him was the
time he was able to spend with them before they were taken and knowing
they're all together right now in heaven.

http://www.khq.com/story/16928065/father-grandfather-its-just-undescribable-evil
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:45 pm

twinkletoes wrote:Looks like they were using the Ader name even though he was the stepfather.

--- For all we know, the birth father allowed him to adopt them. At least we have some names now.

Next, we need Gilman's father in the detectives interview room to go over everything the asshat told him.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:21 pm

I hope so TT. Her family deserves to know what and if known, why.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:23 pm

TomTerrific0420 wrote:
twinkletoes wrote:Looks like they were using the Ader name even though he was the stepfather.

--- For all we know, the birth father allowed him to adopt them. At least we have some names now.

Next, we need Gilman's father in the detectives interview room to go over everything the asshat told him.

Could well be. I did read early on that they were attempting to notify him but have seen nothing else regarding that.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:46 am

Early Saturday morning the Spokane Police Department's Major Crimes unit
pulled Tracy Ader's body from her home on North Whitehouse, the bodies
of her two boys Damien and Kaiden not far behind. Police said the two
boys had been strangled while Tracy was tied up and shot.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:51 am

Court documents describe gruesome crime scene of North Spokane triple homicide
KADIN and DAMIEN ADER (and their Mother, Tracy Ann ADER) - 8 and 10 yo - / Suspect: Dustin Gilman Spokane WA 021312-Ader-family
Posted on February 14, 2012 at 1:27 PM

SPOKANE-- Court documents released Tuesday reveal gruesome details of the scene of the North Spokane triple homicide.

Dustin Gilman was wanted for a triple homicide that left one woman and
two children dead Friday night. Gilman was found dead in the woods near
Hazard Rd in North Spokane.

At 7:15 p.m. Friday, patrol units responded to a 911 call of someone
dead inside a home on the 4400 block of N. Whitehouse. Police say they
found 3 bodies inside the home.

Police said Tracy Ader, 32, and her two sons Damien and Kaden, were
found dead. Gilman was living with the Aders. Damien was 10 years old
and Kaden was 8 years old.

Neighbor Travis O’Kelly crawled through the dog door and found Tracy Ader and the bodies of the boys.

Court documents reveal that Tracy’s hands were bound behind her back and
she had duct tape on her mouth. She was found on a mattress in the
basement.

Court documents say one of the boys had a rope around his neck. The
children were both cold and appeared to be dead for several hours.

Officials say it appears the victims were strangled but Spokane Police
are waiting for the official cause of death from the Medical Examiner's
Office.

Police say one of the boys was sexually assaulted.

Police said they found a handgun with ammunition. They also said there was marijuana grow in the basement.

Documents said the home had surveillance cameras but there is no information if anything was recorded.

Court documents said it appears that Gilman took and used Damien Ader’s
cell phone. Police traced that number to find Gilman’s body location.

Police said lots of evidence was pulled from the home including a note found on the table.

Tracy’s husband Nicholas Ader had been admitted to holy family on February 9th and was not home at the time of the murders.

http://www.nwcn.com/news/northwest/139314523.html
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:38 pm

Based on the evidence up to this point it would seem that Tracy was about to be informed of a pedophiliac incident(s) with at least one of the boys. I surmise that they were killed first (as they were going to inform their mother what was happening) and that he awaited her arrival before taking her life.
There's more going on here though. The basement pot farm couldn't have been unknown to the family. In other words, it wasn't just the suspects'.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:13 pm

Fundraiser Raising Money To Support Ader Family

Posted: 11:35 am PST February 24, 2012

KADIN and DAMIEN ADER (and their Mother, Tracy Ann ADER) - 8 and 10 yo - / Suspect: Dustin Gilman Spokane WA 30536424_240X208

SPOKANE, Wash. -- The best friend of Tracy Ader, the Spokane woman murdered along with her two boys, is heading up a fundraiser for the surviving Ader family.T-shirts with Tracy, Damien and Kadin's pictures are being sold online for $10 each.

Tracy, 10-year-old Damien and 8-year-old Kadin were killed on February 10th by an acquaintance who lived in their basement. Dustin Gilman, 22, then shot himself in a remote area of North Spokane after admitting to the murders over the phone to his father.

Tracy's best friend, Crystal Bettencourt, created the shirts and isn't surprised that over 50 have sold so far.

“I think the community has lost something great, and I think that they know it – it's a tragedy, everybody's going to want to support, even the people that didn't know her that were more acquaintances I think they want to help, too,” Bettencourt said.

The t-shirts can be bought online at Brunette Sportswear for $10.

All of the proceeds go to the Ader family, to help pay for three funerals and other costs incurred after their deaths.

http://www.kxly.com/news/30536452/detail.html
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:30 pm

I can't help but contrast this with the A Clan who sold T-shirts of a baby they wanted the world to believe was missing.

They did it so they would not have to work to support themselves.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down