Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LYRIK MARTIN - 11 months - Oklahoma City OK

Go down

LYRIK MARTIN - 11 months - Oklahoma City OK Empty LYRIK MARTIN - 11 months - Oklahoma City OK

Post by twinkletoes Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:25 am

Abuse kills another Oklahoma infant

February 7, 2012

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Another child is dead because she was physically abused. Police say the
10-month-old infant showed serious signs of abuse. They're treating the case as a homicide.

"It's a good apartment complex for kids. I'm not understanding how this could happen. I don't understand," neighbor Branda Baker said.

Neighbors living in the apartment complex don't know who's to blame for the death of Lyrik Martin.

"None of the adults really know what's going on," Baker said.

Last week police and paramedics found Martin pale and unable to breathe.

After rushing the girl to Children’s Hospital, doctors immediately noticed a problem.

"The child was clearly abused. She had a skull fracture and numerous rib fractures," OKC Police MSgt. Gary Knight said.

Monday, just shy of her one-year birthday, Lyrik died from her injuries.

According to the police report, Lyrik's mother told detectives the child had been sick and throwing up for a couple of days.

Doctors even diagnosed the infant with an ear infection.

So far police have not named any suspects in the death.

"At this point no arrests have been made, but officers are working very hard on it," MSgt. Knight said.

Police say finding out who's responsible for the alleged abuse inside this apartment simply takes time.

"These investigations take a course to determine who the child was with at the time the abuse took place," MSgt. Knight said.

Calls to the girl’s family were not returned.

Anyone with information on the case can always contact police.

http://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-abuse-kills-another-oklahoma-infant-20120207,0,7203243.story
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down