Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CARRERAS-ESTRADA Children - 1 to 8 yo/ Accused: Parents - Las Cruces NM

Go down

The CARRERAS-ESTRADA Children - 1 to 8 yo/ Accused: Parents - Las Cruces NM Empty The CARRERAS-ESTRADA Children - 1 to 8 yo/ Accused: Parents - Las Cruces NM

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:10 pm

LAS CRUCES, N.M. —Neighbors
of a Las Cruces couple arrested after their four children tested
positive for cocaine told KFOX14 that they suspected drug abuse all
along.
Police arrested parents Stacey Carreras, 26, and Eric Estrada, 30, on four counts of negligent child abuse Wednesday. Their four kids, ages 1, 2, 5 and 8 all tested positive for cocaine.
"Now, I feel like I should've done something," neighbor Ashley Silva said.
Silva said she always suspected drug activity may have been going on in the apartment near hers but didn't have any hard proof.
"I was concerned about the kids," Silva said. "It's definitely a scary situation, especially for the kids."
Police said Carreras told them she was sober for about six months before she started using cocaine again in January.
"With my child here, I get worried about what your neighbors are doing and what's going on," Silva said.
According to the police report, Estrada told police he would smoke cocaine inside the home and in his car.
This was the second time the children were taken away from their parents for testing positive for drugs.
The discovery was made during an investigation by the Children Youth and Family Services Department.
"There was also a broken crack pipe in the parking lot," Silva said. "My car even got broken into a few days ago."
The children are in the temporary custody of the state.
An unidentified man who answered their apartment door told KFOX14 that the children's aunt is trying to get custody of them.
http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/news/neighbors-parents-arrested-child-abuse-say-they-su/nMLcN/
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down