Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Toddler John" NUNES - 3 yo/ Accused: Father-Steven Nunes - Mesa AZ

Go down

"Toddler John" NUNES - 3 yo/ Accused: Father-Steven Nunes - Mesa AZ Empty "Toddler John" NUNES - 3 yo/ Accused: Father-Steven Nunes - Mesa AZ

Post by TomTerrific0420 Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:31 pm

MESA, Ariz. - A disturbing case of child abuse occurs in Mesa. It's a Fox 10 exclusive. A routine welfare check landed a valley couple in jail -- after police saw what appeared to be signs of child abuse. A woman and her live-in boyfriend are arrested after her 3-year-old boy suffered burns -- bruises -- and broken bones. Police knocked on the couple's door and found bruises all over the boy's arms, legs, back, chest and face. His mother told police she didn't take him to the doctor because she was afraid she or her boyfriend would get in trouble. “He's not a violent person at all,” said Sarah Nunes. Nunes was defending her twin brother, Steven Nunes. “He is a loving person,” she said.
She stands behind her brother after police accuse him and his girlfriend, Martysha Duncan, of abusing Duncun's son. Police said the abuse happened at an apartment in Mesa. The 3-year-old told police that Steven pushed him, and that's why he had one bruise on his arm. Officers took the toddler to Phoenix Children's Hospital -- where medical experts found more bruises and burn marks. They said the child’s arms were displaced, and he had a fractured arm and clavicle. Police said the breaks had started to heal, which means the child suffered from those fractures for awhile. “I’m speechless,” Sarah Nunes said. She said she did not know that the boy was badly injured. Both Steven Nunes and Duncan admitted to smacking and flicking the child when he acted up. Duncan said she works long hours and often leaves her baby at home with Nunes. “I
don’t think they did it -- my brother for sure. I don’t know about the
mom. But he is just an innocent bystander,” Sarah Nunes said. Neither Duncan nor Steven Nunes admitted to breaking the child's bones. They told police they are not sure how the fractures occurred.
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/crime/fox-10-exclusive-disturbing-case-of--child-abuse-04152012
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down