Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction

5 posters

Go down

Introduction Empty Introduction

Post by Gingernlw Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:35 pm

I was told I should introduce myself, but the link led me to a closed thread so I hope this is the right place to do it.

Apparently I came off a bit too strong and as a frequent user of message boards I should know better than to jump right in without an intro. Afterall, I've seen my share of trolls and know how annoying and infuriating they are. So I appologize for that.

My name is Ginger and I have 2 kids. I'm working on a career change right now. I'm trying to finish my degree in Social Work. I haven't fully decided, yet, if would rather be a CPS type social worker or a counselor. Either way, I will be a LCSW (Lisenced Clinical Social Worker). I think I'm actually leaning to the CPS type. I want to investigate child abuse and try to put a stop to it. Counselors tend to deal with the aftermath... and while that sounds good too... I don't know, just pulled to the investigator kind (you would think I would already know what I want to be when I grow up, huh? Yes ) I would also like to improve the system. The CPS program in my state doesn't have a lot of issues, although I'm sure there are some. A matter of fact, the state I'm in has one of the lowest amounts of child abuse cases in the country, #4 I think.

I am almost 32 years old and I've wanted to help abused children ever since I was in high school. My senior year I did a report on child abuse and after seeing the reference pictures at the local CPS I was afraid I wouldn't be able to handle it. After school life got in the way as it often does. I started a career and have been doing it for over 10 years now. I make pretty good money so deciding to switch my major (originally Geology) was a big discussion and decision for me and my husband. However, I told him I learned a long time ago, money is not always what's important. I started reconsidering my original major during my second pregnancy. Baby Brianna Lopez's story came across my facebook. She was my inspiration. It was still 2 years later when I finally decided to make the jump. It got to the point where I was literally crying each semester because I was so thoroughly miserable with my classes. I just didn't care. I did well, but I hated them. The first semester in my new major I was so happy. I didn't cry once, I was completely interested.

So, anyway, now y'all know way too much about me, probably. I hope you will forgive me for coming on too strong and not introducing myself first. wave

Gingernlw
Local Celebrity (no autographs, please)

Back to top Go down

Introduction Empty Re: Introduction

Post by mom_in_il Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:01 pm

Welcome to J4C! welcome

I think you were probably directed to what we call the Main Blog: http://www.justice4caylee.org/f10-main-blog (just look for today's date). The previous daily thread is locked when a new thread started each morning.

Glad to have you aboard!
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down

Post by babyjustice Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:36 pm

kisses
Welcome Ginger. Great to have you and I commend you on your pursuit to help abused children. The system certainly needs a great deal of help. I think it's so tragic of our nation to not treat our children as prizes. I know it begins with the parents but when they don't live up to their responsibilities someone needs to speak up for abused kids. Bless you for your desire to help them.

babyjustice
Supreme Commander of the Universe
Supreme Commander of the Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyfloridaopinion Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:38 pm

Gingernlw wrote:I was told I should introduce myself, but the link led me to a closed thread so I hope this is the right place to do it.

Apparently I came off a bit too strong and as a frequent user of message boards I should know better than to jump right in without an intro. Afterall, I've seen my share of trolls and know how annoying and infuriating they are. So I appologize for that.

My name is Ginger and I have 2 kids. I'm working on a career change right now. I'm trying to finish my degree in Social Work. I haven't fully decided, yet, if would rather be a CPS type social worker or a counselor. Either way, I will be a LCSW (Lisenced Clinical Social Worker). I think I'm actually leaning to the CPS type. I want to investigate child abuse and try to put a stop to it. Counselors tend to deal with the aftermath... and while that sounds good too... I don't know, just pulled to the investigator kind (you would think I would already know what I want to be when I grow up, huh? Yes ) I would also like to improve the system. The CPS program in my state doesn't have a lot of issues, although I'm sure there are some. A matter of fact, the state I'm in has one of the lowest amounts of child abuse cases in the country, #4 I think.

I am almost 32 years old and I've wanted to help abused children ever since I was in high school. My senior year I did a report on child abuse and after seeing the reference pictures at the local CPS I was afraid I wouldn't be able to handle it. After school life got in the way as it often does. I started a career and have been doing it for over 10 years now. I make pretty good money so deciding to switch my major (originally Geology) was a big discussion and decision for me and my husband. However, I told him I learned a long time ago, money is not always what's important. I started reconsidering my original major during my second pregnancy. Baby Brianna Lopez's story came across my facebook. She was my inspiration. It was still 2 years later when I finally decided to make the jump. It got to the point where I was literally crying each semester because I was so thoroughly miserable with my classes. I just didn't care. I did well, but I hated them. The first semester in my new major I was so happy. I didn't cry once, I was completely interested.

So, anyway, now y'all know way too much about me, probably. I hope you will forgive me for coming on too strong and not introducing myself first. wave
Welcome! sad hug I commend you for following your heart and your dh (dear husband) for helping you do it. Yes How long until you finish your degree? Do you have boys or girls or both? smileshine
inmyfloridaopinion
inmyfloridaopinion

Job/hobbies : Family (and Zoo) Keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by angelm07 Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:13 pm

Introduction Welcom11

Just so glad to have you Gingernlw.
angelm07
angelm07

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernlw Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:19 pm

inmyfloridaopinion wrote:Welcome! sad hug I commend you for following your heart and your dh (dear husband) for helping you do it. Yes How long until you finish your degree? Do you have boys or girls or both? smileshine

Well, I have an associates degree in science. I was working on my BS in Geology when I originally switched to a BS in Psychology, and now I've transfered to a school that offers a BSW. So, because of all the changes, I probably have 2-3 years left on my BSW and then another 2 on my MSW. So, 4-5 years total. I may because to do the career change after my BS but the pay cut will be way more drastic.

I have 2 girls, 9 and 2. I was married to my oldest dd's dad until she was 4.5 and then over the period of our separation (about 2 years) he distanced himself from her and ultimately said he wanted to sign his rights away. In VA you can't just do that without a step parent adoption. My current dh was already acting the part since her biodad wasn't, so he happily adopted her. It's been legal for almost 3 years now. You should have seen his vows to her on our wedding day... he had to look away and catch his breath because he got all choked up. Anyway, my kids are great. My youngest idolizes her big sister and most of the time my oldest treats my youngest like her baby.

Gingernlw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down