Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeff Ashton defends his passionate style during Casey Anthony trial - Hal

2 posters

Go down

Jeff Ashton defends his passionate style during Casey Anthony trial - Hal Empty Jeff Ashton defends his passionate style during Casey Anthony trial - Hal

Post by mom_in_il Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:11 pm

Jeff Ashton defends his passionate style during Casey Anthony trial
posted by halboedeker on June, 17 2012 9:00 AM

Former prosecutor Jeff Ashton makes no apologies for his demeanor during the Casey Anthony trial.

“The nice thing about a trial that’s televised is people draw their own conclusions,” Ashton told Lauren Rowe on WKMG-Channel 6’s “Flashpoint.” “I’m a passionate trial lawyer. I fight for victims. And I make no apologies for that.”

Ashton is running for Orange-Osceola state attorney and challenging his former boss, incumbent Lawson Lamar. Ashton said colleagues in the state attorney’s office would say he’s easy to work with and that performance evaluations would back up that comment.

Ashton criticized Lamar’s management style for thwarting talented attorneys and piling paperwork on them. “This office … creates tedious jobs that aren’t necessary,” Ashton told Rowe. “This office creates paperwork and bureaucracy that isn’t necessary. I want to strip this office down to its bare bones and have only that level of bureaucracy that’s necessary. What goes on in the courtroom is what is important, not what goes on in the office.”

Ashton said he would reduce the size of the supervisory staff in the state attorney’s office and added that those supervisors needed to continue to try cases. “It’s leadership by example,” he said.

Lamar has blasted Ashton for profiting from the Anthony trial by writing a book, “Imperfect Justice.” Ashton countered that Lamar has exploited government service through a $600,000 lump sum for retiring as well as a pension and Social Security.

Rowe asked Ashton what he would do if he loses, but he said polling shows that he will win because of higher favorable ratings and greater name recognition than Lamar. “People are ready for change,” Ashton said.

Lamar will be Rowe’s guest next week on “Flashpoint.” The program airs at 8 a.m. Sundays.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2012/06/jeff-ashton-defends-his-passionate-style-during-casey-anthony-trial.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down

Jeff Ashton defends his passionate style during Casey Anthony trial - Hal Empty Re: Jeff Ashton defends his passionate style during Casey Anthony trial - Hal

Post by just_a_mom Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:30 am

Sorry for posting in the "News" room but I just couldn't help it. My first thought was "Which one will Cindy vote for?"
rofl
just_a_mom
just_a_mom

Back to top Go down

Jeff Ashton defends his passionate style during Casey Anthony trial - Hal Empty Re: Jeff Ashton defends his passionate style during Casey Anthony trial - Hal

Post by mom_in_il Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:27 pm

just_a_mom wrote:Sorry for posting in the "News" room but I just couldn't help it. My first thought was "Which one will Cindy vote for?"
rofl

Post away! thumbs up Nice to see you mom! heart She probably won't even vote. But if she could vote against each of them . . .
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down