Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another sordid chapter in the Casey Anthony saga - Examiner

Go down

Another sordid chapter in the Casey Anthony saga - Examiner Empty Another sordid chapter in the Casey Anthony saga - Examiner

Post by mom_in_il Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:15 pm

Another sordid chapter in the Casey Anthony saga

June 30, 2012
Larry Arnette, Ft. Myers Political Buzz Examiner

Jose Baez, Casey Anthony's defense attorney, is coming out with a book the first week in July. I suppose it's appropriate that it should be published around Independence Day which is what he delivered for Casey: freedom. This book goes chapter and verse into the behind the scenes story of a woman who seemed to be facing either the death penalty or life behind bars for the (apparent) killing of her daughter, Caylee. Regardless of what you may think, one would have to give some credit to Baez who, at times, seemed to be putting on what appeared to be a "nutty" defense. Jose Baez put on the "throw it against the wall and see if it sticks" defense. Despite all predictions, it worked.

Between what came out in the trial, and what Casey Anthony said at various times during the investigation, the "truth" in this case is elusive. To me-she's guilty and got the luckiest break of her life. I believe the prosecutor's contention that Anthony became hindered by her daughter, wanted to just have fun and party. My guess is the killing occurred probably in a fit of anger. It may have been borne out of rage.Although she probably dreamed of a life free of responsibility, I don't think the death was premeditated. Who knows? I seriously doubt the real story will ever be told and even if it was- who would believe her? It's like Pete Rose coming up with another version of his role in gambling on baseball. Baez came up with a version that involved Caylee drowning in the back yard pool. At the time Casey was(allegedly) home with her father. There was also a side story of how Casey's father(allegedly) molested her when she was a child. I'm not sure what that would have to do with the death of Caylee, but it just served as another ingredient in a jumbled recipe of whatever possibilities could be piled on to the jury so they would be incredibly mixed up-they would just vote for a not guilty verdict (on first degree murder).

Presumed Guilty, Casey Anthony: The Inside Story is the name of the book. I'm only guessing of course, but it seems like it would read like one long People Magazine article. In other words, it's like taking a good Saturday Night Live skit and making a movie out of it. 421 pages of the inside story behind Casey Anthony? Is there really that much content needed to explain what amounts to a sociopath and habitual liar wins a "get out of jail free card"? At one point Casey claimed her babysitter kidnapped Caylee. Another time, Casey told the police she had a job at Universal Studios and actually took them there only to finally admit the truth(that she didn't work there) at the last minute.This woman made up stories as they came into her head. Talk about a bad seed.I'm just glad for humanity that George and Cindy Anthony had only one child; I'm not sure what's in their DNA-but if Casey is a true reflection, it was an experiment in terror, especially for poor Caylee.It was interesting and obviously revealing how Cindy Anthony exposed her gut feelings when, early in the case, she stated that the trunk of Casey's car smelled like something died in there.

It was a good idea not to put Casey on the stand. God only knows what a prosecutor could have done with her. Usually, when someone tells so many lies, they begin to forget what lie they told and when. Baez has enough nonsense in his book to take up space: do we really need to know that Casey went to Steak 'n Shake for her first post prison meal? He gives details about the use of multiple vehicles used in Casey's escape from the press upon her release. She traveled to a few different places including New York before returning to Florida as part of her probation.

Casey Anthony is a lucky woman. In many ways she is like another person who won freedom when they appeared so obviously guilty: OJ Simpson. Karma caught up with Simpson as he put himself back into prison (so-to-speak) by breaking the law. This moron never realized how hungry forces all over America were to see justice served in his case.OJ just thought he could still do what he wanted (in essence kidnapping and holding people against their will in an attempt to retrieve items that were once his). Luckily for all who witnessed his dream team journey to freedom, Simpson did just enough to get himself thrown back in jail. He will hopefully be an old man once he gets out. I would suspect the same goes for Casey Anthony in regards to many people wanting to see justice served somehow in her case. I doubt she will have another child, and if so, allow the child to die under mysterious circumstance. If she's smart, she'll keep a low profile until she's a very old woman.

Casey Anthony's story is perfect for a movie: maybe Baez can sell his book to HBO or The Lifetime Network. It's too bad Peter Sellers is dead. A Jacques Clouseau type of portrayal would have been perfect to capture the utter perfection of attorney Baez. I'm sure they could still get Jim Carrey. This story is a tragedy, but as is the case in similar circumstances, it could easily be made into a black comedy.

http://www.examiner.com/article/another-sordid-chapter-the-casey-anthony-saga
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down