Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KAITLYN and REAGAN OBRIEN - 22 months, 3 yo - accused Sandra Kinstle (aunt) - Mansfield, OH

2 posters

Go down

KAITLYN and REAGAN OBRIEN - 22 months, 3 yo - accused Sandra Kinstle (aunt) - Mansfield, OH Empty KAITLYN and REAGAN OBRIEN - 22 months, 3 yo - accused Sandra Kinstle (aunt) - Mansfield, OH

Post by willcarney Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:08 pm

'Horrible': Dogs maul kids3:48 PM, Oct 12, 2012
MANSFIELD -- Two Mansfield girls were in critical and serious condition Thursday night at Akron Children's Hospital after being attacked by their aunt's three Rottweilers.

Kaitlyn O'Brien, 22 months, and Reagan O'Brien, 3, were flown to Akron from MedCentral/Mansfield Hospital. They are the children of Matt and Audrey O'Brien of Taylor Road.

Richland County Dog Warden Dave Jordan said family members took the dogs to an Ashland vet to be euthanized immediately after the attack. The dogs belong to Sandra Kinstle and her husband Bill, according to the sheriff's office.

Richland County Sheriff's Deputy Joe Lewis said the two girls went for a walk with their aunt, Sandra Kinstle, in the vicinity of 3870 Franklin-Church Road.

Jordan said Reagan apparently took off running ahead and the largest of the Rottweilers took off after her.

Lewis said once the male dog attacked Reagan, the other two other dogs followed his lead. Then they turned on Kaitlyn.

He said the male dog weighed 180 pounds. The two female dogs were smaller.

"The aunt ended up laying her body over top of them to get the dogs off of them. She was mauled really bad, not as bad as the little girls, but bad," Lewis said. "The aunt finally got the dogs in a vehicle. ... She got them in a vehicle and went off to the farm to call the squad.

"It was a horrible accident."

Kinstle was treated and released at MedCentral, a hospital spokeswoman said Friday.

The girls' great uncle, Dan O'Brien, said Matt and Audrey used to have dogs, but didn't currently have any in their home.

"Matt just retired from the Air Guard and I just saw the girls playing at his (retirement) party the other day," O'Brien said. "What can you say in a situation like this? All they need is hope and prayers. I can't even think of being that young and going through something like that."

Dispatch records show the rescue squad was sent to the area at 12:05 p.m. and deputies were called at 12:11 p.m.

"I think (Bill Kinstle) told me he's had those dogs all their lives," Lewis said.

Charges possible
No charges have been filed, Jordan said.

"It's still early, but this could be a very complex case because it's family," he said. "Worst-case scenario, if one of those girls should die, that opens up a new case of worms. I will be talking with the law director. It all depends on how serious the injuries are."

Jordan said Sandra could be charged with failing to control a vicious dog, a fifth-degree felony.

Under new Ohio laws, a vicious dog is defined as one that causes serious injury or death to a person.

He said it also is possible Sandra Kinstle could be charged with child endangerment.

The dogs were registered to both Sandra and Bill, and Jordan said it's possible Bill could be charged, too.

"I interviewed Bill and asked if they'd had any problems in the past with the dogs and he said no," Jordan said. "It doesn't look good and could end up being felony charges for both."

Jordan said the two toddlers should have never been in the situation they were in.

"How could one woman handle those three Rottweilers by herself? She was helpless," he said, noting he did not believe the dogs were on leashes. "You can't prevent every situation, but if I had kids that age, there's no way I'd have them around rotts that size."

He estimated the dogs were 5-years-old.

The male dog "would have been the alpha and the pack leader," Jordan said. "They get that pack mentality when there's more than one dog involved, so it's not surprising that when one started attacking, the others followed his lead."

Expert advice
Missy Houghton, supervisor and humane agent with the Humane Society of Richland County, said people must be cautious and monitor dogs at all times to protect children.

"If you have a large, powerful dog, you have to be careful because you don't know how they will perceive something," Houghton said. "As much as we like to think we have domesticated them, and they are extended members of our family, they're still animals. As with children, you have to provide structure and discipline."

She said a lot of people think it's only certain breeds of dogs that are aggressive to people, but it's not true.

"It's knowing your dog, their quirks and tolerance level for things," Houghton said.

As required by law, the dogs all will be tested for rabies by the Mansfield/Ontario/Richland County Health Department

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/article/20121012/NEWS01/210120302/2-Mansfield-girls-mauled-by-dogs?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CFrontpage&nclick_check=1

Moderators can remove this if they want but I strongly think that abuse and neglect is indeed present here.
Currently there are no charges filed but there should be. At least endangerment. More if one dies. These two little girls should have never gotten that close to a large dog, period. Large dogs and kids don't mix. Especially Pit Bulls and Rottweillers. They are child killers. If you have one of these breeds and have kids get rid of them for the safety of your children. No matter how much they show love and affection these are killer breeds. Too many kids have died from Pit Bulls and Rottweillers.

Little Aslynn is one - http://www.dadd4ashlynn.com/ tears

William

Last edited by twinkletoes on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correct heading)
willcarney
willcarney
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : NEVER assume your child is safe, KNOW.

Back to top Go down

KAITLYN and REAGAN OBRIEN - 22 months, 3 yo - accused Sandra Kinstle (aunt) - Mansfield, OH Empty Mauled girls remain hospitalized

Post by willcarney Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:42 pm

Mauled girls remain hospitalized
MANSFIELD -- Dog bites have made the front page of the News Journal twice this week.

The Mansfield/Ontario/Richland County Health Department statistics show 162 dog bites this year to date, compared to 200 dog bites in 2011.

In 2011, the local health department recorded 38 cat bites, six raccoon bites, two skunk bites and four bat bites.

This year to date there have also been a bat bite, 33 cat bites and a raccoon bite, according to the health department.

Two preschool Mansfield girls remained hospitalized Friday at Akron Children's Hospital after being attacked by their aunt's three Rottweilers. A hospital spokeswoman said a new hospital policy prevents her from releasing their conditions.

Kaitlyn O'Brien, 22 months, and Reagan O'Brien, 3, were flown to Akron from MedCentral/Mansfield Hospital from Mansfield on Thursday. They are the children of Matt and Audrey O'Brien of Taylor Road. Kaitlyn is in the pediatric intensive care unit and her sister is in an infant unit, a nurse supervisor said.

Richland County Dog Warden Dave Jordan said family members took the dogs to an Ashland veterinarian to be euthanized immediately after the attack. The dogs belonged to Sandra Kinstle and her husband Bill, according to the Richland County Sheriff's Office.

Deputy Joe Lewis said the girls went for a walk with their aunt near 3870 Franklin-Church Road. Reagan apparently took off running, and the largest of the Rottweilers chased her down.

Lewis said once the male dog attacked Reagan, the other dogs followed his lead. Then they turned on Kaitlyn. He said the male dog weighed 180 pounds. The two females were smaller.

Kinstle, who tried to shield the girls, was treated and released at MedCentral, a hospital spokeswoman said Friday.

Dispatch records show the rescue squad was sent to the area at 12:05 p.m. and deputies were called at 12:11 p.m.

Bill Kinstle called 9-1-1 to request an ambulance, saying a dog had hurt a child on the top of her head and that three people were involved, according to the tape.

Richland County Dog Warden Dave Jordan said family members took the dogs to an Ashland veterinarian to be euthanized immediately after the attack. The dogs belonged to Sandra Kinstle and her husband Bill, according to the Richland County Sheriff's Office.

Deputy Joe Lewis said the girls went for a walk with their aunt near 3870 Franklin-Church Road. Reagan apparently took off running, and the largest of the Rottweilers chased her down.

Lewis said once the male dog attacked Reagan, the other dogs followed his lead. Then they turned on Kaitlyn. He said the male dog weighed 180 pounds. The two females were smaller.

Kinstle, who tried to shield the girls, was treated and released at MedCentral, a hospital spokeswoman said Friday.

Bill Kinstle called 9-1-1 to request an ambulance, saying a dog had hurt a child on the top of her head and that three people were involved, according to the tape.

In a separate dog bite incident, a 7-year-old Mansfield boy has returned home and is doing well after being mauled Monday.

Darius Clark was taken to Akron Children's Hospital on Monday night and received several stitches around his right eye. He also had a stitch on the back of his head and one on the side of his head, according to his mother, Melinda Clark.

"There's some swelling around his eye," she said. "It's still hard to open."

Darius stayed home from school this week to heal.

According to Jordan, Clark walked over to 323 Poplar St., just a few doors down from his home, to play with a friend.

"Apparently when (Darius) came to the door, the dog started growling at him, so a little boy who lives at the house came and grabbed (the dog) and the dog began nipping at him, so he let go of the dog and that's when he ran out and began to bite (Darius)," Jordan said earlier.

The boxer, Max, 4, was euthanized at the request of his owners.

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2012210130301

No new updates on the girls or charges. My heart breaks at the suffering the little angels are going through.

William

willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

KAITLYN and REAGAN OBRIEN - 22 months, 3 yo - accused Sandra Kinstle (aunt) - Mansfield, OH Empty Mansfield toddlers still recovering from dog mauling

Post by willcarney Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:22 pm

Mansfield toddlers still recovering from dog mauling
3-year-old released from hospital; sister has surgeries
2:26 PM, Oct 23, 2012
MANSFIELD — One of the two Mansfield toddlers mauled by three Rottweilers this month has been released from Akron Children’s Hospital.

But her younger sister has a long road ahead.

On Oct. 11, Richland County Sheriff’s Deputy Joe Lewis said the Reagan O’Brien, 3, and sister Kaitlyn, 22 months, went for a walk with their aunt, Sandra Kinstle, in the vicinity of 3870 Franklin-Church Road.

Jordan said Reagan apparently took off running ahead and the largest of the Rottweilers took off after her.

Lewis said once the male dog attacked Reagan, the other two other dogs followed his lead. Then they turned on Kaitlyn.

He said the male dog weighed 180 pounds. The two female dogs were smaller.

“The aunt ended up laying her body over top of them to get the dogs off of them. She was mauled really bad, not as bad as the little girls, but bad,” Lewis said. “The aunt finally got the dogs in a vehicle. ... She got them in a vehicle and went off to the farm to call the squad.

“It was a horrible accident.”

Kinstle has been charged with three misdemeanor counts of failing to maintain a dog.

The girls are the children of Matt and Audrey O’Brien of Taylor Road.

Reagan was released last week, but remains at the hospital with with her parents, who have not left Kaitlyn’s side.

“Kaitlyn has very extensive injuries and is still in the critical care section of the hospital,” Matt said. “The doctors say she could possibly be there through mid-November.

“Reagan is doing better, but still has a lot of injuries that we’re trying to work through. She will need therapy, but hasn’t been able to start that yet because she has a lot of stitches.”

Matt said he and his wife will be talking to Reagan’s preschool about the possibility of her coming back to school.

“It wouldn’t be for a little while, but due to the traumatizing effects of what happened, we would definitely want to ease her back into it,” he said. “We’re not rushing anything.”

Matt said Kaitlyn has already undergone four surgeries.
“And she’s not even close to being done,” he said. “My wife and I stay with her. If she wakes up in the middle of the night, we wanted to be there. She’s doing the best that a 22-month-old can, but she just needs a lot of thoughts and prayers. Her future and progress will depend on a lot of things coming together. She’s already beaten a lot of odds, but we just need a lot of support and prayer.”

Matt said he and Audrey grieve privately.

“We try to keep our low points outside the room. When we’re in her room, we keep our spirits high and are just thankful as a family, so Kaitlyn doesn’t have to go through any more than she has to. We want her to see mom and dad positive.”

Matt said Reagan has been a big help, too.

“She’s a very good big sister and still colors with her sister when they can,” he said.

A hospital room is not the setting the toddlers are used to. “They loved to play outside. They’re girls who don’t need anything more than a ball to have fun,” he said. “I think that’s what they miss most of all. They also liked to play princesses and every once in a while, we’ll pop in a Disney movie. Kaitlyn also has a set of blocks that a nurse gave her that she tries to play with in bed.

“She also has a little baby doll that she likes to hold.”

Both girls have a birthday coming up in November that Matt is hoping they might be home to celebrate.

“My wife and I have been through quite a bit, but we just want to be back together as a family,” Matt said. “We don’t need anything. We just want to be able to take care of our girls. My wife and I are leaning on each other. We’re best friends, and that helps. But it’s difficult (financially). I’m going to have to medically retire (from the Air Guard) so I won’t have the same income, and we’re going to be in bad spot as the girls are going to require a lot more care down the road, especially Kaitlyn.”

To donate, visit http://www.youcaring.com/search_result?fundraiser=reganandkaitlyn. Other accounts have been set up at Mansfield area Mechanics and First Merit banks under Operation Benevolence, the Reagan and Kaitlyn Recovery Fund.

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/article/20121023/NEWS01/310220015/Mansfield-toddlers-still-recovering-from-dog-mauling

At least both girls are alive. Too many kids have died from dog attacks. Their story touched my heart. Please donate if you can. William
KAITLYN and REAGAN OBRIEN - 22 months, 3 yo - accused Sandra Kinstle (aunt) - Mansfield, OH Regan&kaitlyn

Last edited by willcarney on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added picture)
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

KAITLYN and REAGAN OBRIEN - 22 months, 3 yo - accused Sandra Kinstle (aunt) - Mansfield, OH Empty Re: KAITLYN and REAGAN OBRIEN - 22 months, 3 yo - accused Sandra Kinstle (aunt) - Mansfield, OH

Post by twinkletoes Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:47 am

OMG how horrible. I was attacked by a dog as a kid and still remember the terror to this day.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

KAITLYN and REAGAN OBRIEN - 22 months, 3 yo - accused Sandra Kinstle (aunt) - Mansfield, OH Empty Re: KAITLYN and REAGAN OBRIEN - 22 months, 3 yo - accused Sandra Kinstle (aunt) - Mansfield, OH

Post by willcarney Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:45 pm

http://www.youcaring.com/fundraiser_details?fundraiser_id=11478&url=reganandkaitlynrecoveryfund

That donation link did not seem to work. This one does now.
I wish I had more money right now. Please donate some if you can. Help the little angels.

William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Halloween at home Written Oct 31, 2012 11:29pm by Audrey O'Brien

Going into Kaitlyn's 6th OR visit Tuesday, Matt and I were settled, thinking we be headed home in a few more weeks, little did we know we'd be loading the girls into the car that same afternoon. The Doctor really felt that Kaitlyn should go home for a couple of days to get out of the hospital environment and she was able to receive care TEMPORARILY from home.

After many conversations with doctors regarding the "what ifs" and preparing us with steps to handle Kaitlyn's vac system that is attached to her 24/7 we walked out of the hospital as a family together. Our time at home together is precious and is only temporary as Kaitlyn's next procedure is already scheduled for the 1st of the week.

The O'Brien girls spent this Halloween inside this year, however there were plenty of smiles while being together, home with mom and dad which were priceless. Regan was Princess Ariel and Kaitlyn was Minnie Mouse.

As we said - this was a complete and total surprise as we knew that Kaitlyn was getting better but we had no idea that this would be an option prior to her 7th procedure. Since we knew our stay at home would be short we've kept being home quiet for us and -understandably- we are trying to keep any infections away. We will get in touch when we are ready to visit but we wanted to keep you informed as your continued prayers and support are working.

We are starting to utilize the support planner within the caring bridge website please check if interested. We have been briefed by the Doctor that her next procedure will actually be one (if not the most) painful with much needed success and pain management to get through it all. Needless to say - we don't know when we will be home again yet. We still really need your help and your prayers are working - please continue them. God bless you!

Thank you again for being there for our daughters. Love, Mom and Dad

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/reganandkaitlynobrien

KAITLYN and REAGAN OBRIEN - 22 months, 3 yo - accused Sandra Kinstle (aunt) - Mansfield, OH T.MMiiztZiGeIWoSKIKAITLYN and REAGAN OBRIEN - 22 months, 3 yo - accused Sandra Kinstle (aunt) - Mansfield, OH T.NsMVGLcxtXSZHscZ

Please donate if you can. Help the little angels. I shed a tear when I read that the next operation will be the most painfull for little Kaitlyn. I am also glad that both are alive. Girls like Aslynn Anderson and Ellie Lawrenson were not so lucky. My prayers and wishes go to little Kaitlyn.

William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:30 pm

Written 19 hours ago by Audrey O'Brien

The visit home was nice but we are back and Kaitlyn is in her 7th visit to the OR. We will update ASAP - we really, really appreciate all the thoughts and prayers on this one- you are all making a huge difference and you give us hope and strength every day - thanks again and talk to you all soon,
Matt & Audrey

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/reganandkaitlynobrien/journal

This story has really touched my heart deeply, more so than most others. I don't know why. Maybe it's the two gorgeous little angels. Or remembering stories of little Aslynn Anderson tears the 4 yo girl killed by a Rottweiller http://www.dadd4ashlynn.com/ or Ellie Lawrenson tears the 5 yo girl killed by a Pit Bull. These two little girl just barely escaped with their lives but are in great pain. tears Please donate to their hospital fund if you can. They still are looking for $2500 to help in medical bills.
http://www.youcaring.com/fundraiser_details?fundraiser_id=11478&url=reganandkaitlynrecoveryfund

If you have a Pit Bull or a Rottweiller and kids then get rid of the dogs. Better to lose a dog than a child.
William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:07 pm

Here's a few pictures of the girls. I hope they don't lose their gorgeous smiles. Sorry if you think it's too much pictures. Sometimes I noticed here on the site there's way too much pictures of the villian's and not the victims. All photo's from CaringBridge. It breaks my heart when I look at the pictures and think of the girls in the hospital in pain. William
KAITLYN and REAGAN OBRIEN - 22 months, 3 yo - accused Sandra Kinstle (aunt) - Mansfield, OH L.lRNoYoymMdxneEnnKAITLYN and REAGAN OBRIEN - 22 months, 3 yo - accused Sandra Kinstle (aunt) - Mansfield, OH L.bTFOfjJdeVQMbdWdKAITLYN and REAGAN OBRIEN - 22 months, 3 yo - accused Sandra Kinstle (aunt) - Mansfield, OH L.AtANWCXUoxyINlwLKAITLYN and REAGAN OBRIEN - 22 months, 3 yo - accused Sandra Kinstle (aunt) - Mansfield, OH L.qEDcgCEFrxCYXJukKAITLYN and REAGAN OBRIEN - 22 months, 3 yo - accused Sandra Kinstle (aunt) - Mansfield, OH L.XAJhOxHMyDPbQDgZKAITLYN and REAGAN OBRIEN - 22 months, 3 yo - accused Sandra Kinstle (aunt) - Mansfield, OH L.WgcVYjnTIrfgUQETKAITLYN and REAGAN OBRIEN - 22 months, 3 yo - accused Sandra Kinstle (aunt) - Mansfield, OH L.eTcMaJtTMSsbfJRQKAITLYN and REAGAN OBRIEN - 22 months, 3 yo - accused Sandra Kinstle (aunt) - Mansfield, OH L.qBvmdzkbgWXeelBlKAITLYN and REAGAN OBRIEN - 22 months, 3 yo - accused Sandra Kinstle (aunt) - Mansfield, OH L.JSLSWpRsvtJstaQjKAITLYN and REAGAN OBRIEN - 22 months, 3 yo - accused Sandra Kinstle (aunt) - Mansfield, OH L.rFoKaYcEaHnOUCOzKAITLYN and REAGAN OBRIEN - 22 months, 3 yo - accused Sandra Kinstle (aunt) - Mansfield, OH L.RJQbbXAOgsfoELAKKAITLYN and REAGAN OBRIEN - 22 months, 3 yo - accused Sandra Kinstle (aunt) - Mansfield, OH L.cMXTgclPNWcgVlXLKAITLYN and REAGAN OBRIEN - 22 months, 3 yo - accused Sandra Kinstle (aunt) - Mansfield, OH L.NsMVGLcxtXSZHscZKAITLYN and REAGAN OBRIEN - 22 months, 3 yo - accused Sandra Kinstle (aunt) - Mansfield, OH L.MMiiztZiGeIWoSKI
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

KAITLYN and REAGAN OBRIEN - 22 months, 3 yo - accused Sandra Kinstle (aunt) - Mansfield, OH Empty Event to aid dog attack victims

Post by willcarney Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:24 pm

Event to aid dog attack victims

MANSFIELD -- A benefit is scheduled from 5:30 p.m. to 1 a.m. tonight for Regan and Kaitlyn O’Brien at MVP Sports Bar, 275 Park Avenue West.

The Mansfield girls were mauled by three Rottweilers last month. Regan has been released, but Kaitlyn remains in critical care at Akron Children’s Hospital.

The cost is $30 a ticket, with $25 going to the family. There will be an appetizer buffet, full dinner and cash bar.

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/article/20121108/NEWS01/121108002/Event-aid-dog-attack-victims

Short notice but if your in the area there's no excuse to stop in.
William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:42 pm

Quick Update Written 14 hours ago by Audrey O'Brien

The 7th Procedure was a success! We are very very grateful and blessed. More to come but we wanted you to know what a difference your help, prayers and support make in the daily lives of these two little girls and our family - a BIG thank you to everyone.

Little Kaitlyn made it through, my prayers and thought go to the girls. Please give if you can.

William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:32 am

Saturday update Written 1 hour ago by Audrey O'Brien

With the success of the last procedure & kaitlyns recovery - we were released home with some crucial medical equipment again and will be returning Monday evening for Kaitlyn's 8th procedure early Tuesday morning. Kaitlyn is definitely getting better and we could not be more blessed.
We were also blessed to have celebrated Regans 4th birthday this last week - it will be a birthday we will never forget. Looking forward to the sugar high wearing off thanks to Aunt Carol's amazing little mermaid cake!

Special thanks to all the organizers and supporters of the MVP benefit Thursday evening. We continue to take advantage of our time together and never take for granted the wonderful family, friends and support we have & continue to receive.

Glad to here the little one's doing better. Have not heard whether the aunt is being just fined or charged with other charges.
William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:25 am

Even if one doesn't have children they should not have these dogs because they will attack children in the neighborhood.

So many children and adults in my town have been mauled and killed by these monster dogs.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:18 pm

Recovering and waiting

Written Nov 14, 2012 9:41pm by Audrey O'Brien

Regan was welcomed as she started back to school Monday and handled returning to her friends and teachers with true Grace! We thank the amazing staff and supportive parents at her preschool that made her feel like a princess and so welcome.

Kaitlyn's latest procedure was another success! Dr. Murthy's exact words were "skin graft took 100%." Amen! Kaitlyn's journey is no where near the end but, this was HUGE! She is no longer connected to the vac system equipment. We are being very cautious due to her head wound and because she is trying to get back to playing like before (again - she is not quite there yet). The next six months we will continue to be up in Akron on a weekly basis for Kaitlyn. Kaitlyn will be in need of hats to wear over the course of her recovery of 1-2 years.

Many of you continue to ask how you can help and words can't describe how much YOU are (and have made) a difference and are appreciated every minute of our healing journey. We will continue to use the support planner on the Welcome tab for projects and small needs for girls.

We have a long road yet to travel, but we have made it through some of the tough miles of he journey. Our family is taking it day-by-day and we want to thank you so much

God Bless - the O'Brien family

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/reganandkaitlynrecoveryfund/27397

Please give if you can, they still need money for medical problems. I'm so glad they are alive and improving smileshine but my heart breaks when I think of them in pain tears. William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:28 pm

News From Home

Written 9 hours ago by Audrey O'Brien

We did not mean for such a delay in writing our next entry but getting our lives back in some sort of order before the holidays has been challenging. Thanks for you patience and support.

The girls are getting better everyday. We have been regulated to occasional day trips for K and Regan is getting along with her school routine fairly well. It has been nice to have had friends of family help us get back into our home through meals, projects etc so we can focus on the girls.

We wanted to say thank you to the many Churches and groups/organizations that have prayed for us or held some sort of benefit for the girls. Regan and Kaitlyn have needed all the help they could get and your spirit and compassion has definitely lifted them up to the point they are now in their healing.

Regans wounds are healing well and we will try to face some of the emotional scarring in the very near future. For all of Kaitlyn's procedures - they were mainly to close a massive wound - we will not have anything final or long term answers for Kaitlyn for quite a while.

The journey is not over and we have said that its a marathon - not a sprint (something we know a little bit about). Our next Dr. appointment should give us a more defining roadmap for Kaitlyns future and we continue to keep hope and pray for strength.

In the mean time we wanted share the latest as best we could and to let you know that you all truly make a difference. We had so much to be thankful for this past Thanksgiving and we know that our community, friends and family were a big part of it.

The O'Briens

KAITLYN and REAGAN OBRIEN - 22 months, 3 yo - accused Sandra Kinstle (aunt) - Mansfield, OH L.etwrTlBQSLWIvGHI
KAITLYN and REAGAN OBRIEN - 22 months, 3 yo - accused Sandra Kinstle (aunt) - Mansfield, OH L.ONXGMUEOjQhFTdqE

They are both doing much better but little Kaitlyn still has a long way to go. I saw in the UK that an 8 day old baby boy Harry Harper died from a dog attack. If you have a large dog and a very small child get rid of the dog. No matter how loving the dog is too many children are dying from loving family dogs. The dogs that attacked these girls were loving pets of their aunt. They never showed a violent nature but these girls, especially Kaitlyn almost died from the attacks. I have not seen any more about the aunts fines or charges.
William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Fri May 03, 2013 3:41 pm

Written Mar 31, 2013 by Audrey O'Brien
Dearest Family, Friends and Loyal OBrien Supporter,
Hope all of you and your family had a blessed Easter, because we did!
Apologize for the delay in writing in a awhile but we were finally starting to adjust to real life again, trying to regain some of our routines with the girls; and finally able to let Matt's military retirement settle in for all of us.
Once again we were able to take both girls to the check up and got a good report that we were making some progress with the injuries both physically and emotionally. Both girls ask alot of questions now prior to doctors visits to fully understand what is going to happen next. Dr.Murthy and team have been outstanding. GO TEAM MURTHY!! Dr. is concerned about Kaitlyn's muscle & nerve damage so we are most likely going to revisit some surgery possibilities come May 2013, however her recovery has been positive. Dr. also feels like he would like to give Kaitlyn as much healing time as possible before next procedure, so he is looking at December or later for more major surgeries.
As anxious as we all are to be in the warm sun this summer it will be VERY in important for her head to be covered. Since she has no nerves on the top of her head to tell her if she is getting too hot or damaged.

Regan scars are continuing to heal with the stretching, swimming, warm days to get outside and moving more will help her legs down the road to heal. Prior to our good check up in February Regan received an excellent report from both a cousnelor and preschool teachers that she is right on target where she needs to be, Very proud mom and dad of our just 4 year old. Mom is looking forward to another year with her baby before Kindergarden.
We are blessed and thankful and looking forward to summer and spending time with our lake family.
Thank you again for all your support; especailly our local community.
Enjoy your summer and we promise to keep you posted on the girls progress.
Love Matt and Audrey

KAITLYN and REAGAN OBRIEN - 22 months, 3 yo - accused Sandra Kinstle (aunt) - Mansfield, OH L.AUuRjVddgOedbREg
easter with grandma weiland
KAITLYN and REAGAN OBRIEN - 22 months, 3 yo - accused Sandra Kinstle (aunt) - Mansfield, OH L.tDdnMtWEvVZjDztu
Easter 2013 - all smiles

Good to see them with smiles. :) William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:01 pm

I got an e-mail from their dad. Little Kaitlyn is going in for surgery on 8-6. She could use some prayers. William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:29 pm

Dog Warden Continues Investigating Rottweiler Attack

Richland County's Dog Warden continues investigating Thursday's tragic incident in which three large rottweiler dogs attacked a woman and two young girls in Weller Township.

Sandra Lynn Kinstle was walking with her nieces, 22-month-old Kaitlyn O'Brien and three-year-old Reagan O'Brien, in a wooded area near the woman's home at 3780 Franklin Church Road.

Dog Warden Dave Jordan says the innocent action of the younger child triggered the dogs' violent response.  She reached to have her aunt pick her up, prompting one of the dogs to become jealous and attack Reagan, who was standing on the ground.  The other two dogs then attacked Kinstle and Kaitlyn.

Jordan says Kinstle created a situation she could not control.

Kaitlyn O'Brien is in critical condition, and Reagan O'Brien is in serious condition, at Akron Children's Hospital.

Sandra Kinstle is in fair condition at Med-Central Mansfield Hospital.

The dog warden says she could be charged with failing to control a vicious dog, a fifth-degree felony, along with child endangering.

The dogs were euthanized.

http://www.wmfd.com/local-news/singlesearchsingle.asp?story=52210

Here's an article I missed.  William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:32 pm

Girls recovering from October dog attack
MANSFIELD — Two small girls out for a walk with their aunt in October were mauled by Rottweilers.

Reagan O’Brien, 4, and sister Kaitlyn, 2, were with Sandra Kinstle in the vicinity of 3870 Franklin-Church Rd. on Oct. 11 during the incident.

Three Rottweilers belonging to Kinstle accompanied them. According to Richland County sheriff’s reports, Reagan took off running ahead, and the largest of the three Rottweilers, a male weighing 180 pounds, took off after her.

Once the male dog attacked Reagan, the two smaller, female dogs followed his lead. Then they turned on Kaitlyn.

“The aunt ended up laying her body over top of them to get the dogs off of them. She was mauled really bad, not as bad as the little girls, but bad,” sheriff’s Deputy Joe Lewis said. “The aunt finally got the dogs in a vehicle ... and went off to the farm to call the squad.

“It was a horrible accident.”

Kinstle was charged with three counts of unreasonable control of dogs, Dog Warden Dave Jordan said. She paid a waiver for the minor misdemeanors.

The girls are the children of Matt and Audrey O’Brien. Reagan was released from the hospital soon after the incident, but her younger sister was more seriously injured.

Matt O’Brien told the News Journal in October that Kaitlyn might have to stay in the hospital until mid-November. O’Brien could not be reached for an update.

At last report, Kaitlyn had undergone four surgeries.

“And she’s not even close to being done,” O’Brien previously said.

Accounts have been set up for donations in the girls’ names at Mansfield-area Mechanics and First Merit banks under Operation Benevolence, the Reagan and Kaitlyn Recovery Fund. Other donations can be made by visiting www.caringbridge.org/visit/reaganandkaitlynobrien/tributes.

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/article/20121222/NEWS01/312220013/Girls-recovering-from-October-dog-attack

This thread can be moved to resolved since the aunt paid her fine.  The donation page is closed to donations right now.  I have not gotten any word on Kaitlyn's status from her surgery last Friday.  William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:56 pm

Thanks William.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

KAITLYN and REAGAN OBRIEN - 22 months, 3 yo - accused Sandra Kinstle (aunt) - Mansfield, OH Empty Long overdue update summer to present.

Post by willcarney Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:19 pm

Long overdue update summer to present.  Oct 7, 2013 9:21pm

KAITLYN and REAGAN OBRIEN - 22 months, 3 yo - accused Sandra Kinstle (aunt) - Mansfield, OH 52753276ac7ee9e9780c33ec

KAITLYN and REAGAN OBRIEN - 22 months, 3 yo - accused Sandra Kinstle (aunt) - Mansfield, OH 52536b8fa689b4587cf6c86f 

Happy all Family and Friends! Hope the unusual summer treated you well. Girls had an enjoyable summer with their lake family that kept their mind off the procedures to come in the fall winter.  Kaitlyn did an amazing job keeping a hat on throughout some of the warm Sunny days. It was wonderful to see the girls enjoy summer without pressure or stress of a procedure.
Regan is in her last year of preschool, starting to get into some extracurricular activities to keep her legs moving. She is really enjoying gymnastics. Regan recently started getting steroid injections into her legs to loosen up her scars, because of her height she made need more down the road. She handled the outpatient procedure well.
Kaitlyn underwent a couple of outpatient procedures early fall, the placement of expanders in her head was a rough one. She had about 4 days of recovery and a adverse reaction to antibiotic after discharge that sent us back up to Akron. She's had three rounds of saline injections to help stretch the skin- very painful.  She has at least 2-3 more rounds of injections to go before she has reached 400cc’s.  Family is getting crafty on memory foam and hats for her head it will bestretched to triple the size and very uncomfortable. Per dr. The plan is to stretch the size as much as possible so we can try to repair all the damage.  Her next major procedure will be 12/26/13. Our apologies for not getting something out sooner but we wanted to get outside and enjoy the summer after being cooped up in a hospital. Thank you for all your prayers and support- they are working and we are so blessed and thankful.

Love, Matt, Audrey, Regan and Kaitlyn

Update on the two little angels in Ohio.  Poor little Kaitlyn still has some surgeries ahead.  As mentioned they are doing great despite all the troubles.  There story really got to me.  This year alone between 30 and 40 children have been killed due to one breed of dog alone.  Kaitlyn was very lucky to survive.  William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:04 am

Dec 26, 2013 3:28pm

Kaitlyn did well today, she continues to be strong Dr. Murthy was able to move almost 80% of Kaitlyns stretched skin forward to her original hairline. Kaitlyn is very tired after a earlier arrival, restless admitting and no nap; so sleeping in moms arms seems like the only comfort. Looks like 2 days for sure here and still planning for discharge this weekend.
Regan had a good check up, but dr. still feels like he could help her scars a little more, Regan is scheduled for another round of steroid injections outpatient procedure 1/15.
Thank you again for your ongoing support we are very thankful.
Hugs to you all.
Love
Matt and Audrey

New update from their Care Bridge.  I'm glad little Kaitlyn made it they her surjery.  William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:00 am

I hope this family and the little angles had a great Christmas.

Thanks William for keeping us updated.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:27 pm

Dec 28, 2013 9:48pm
Dear Family and Friends
Thank you again for your continued support.  
After another sleepless night in the hospital by 10am the next morning; Dr. Murthy came by and said,what do you think about going home today?  Needless to say we were surprised, Kaitlyn was still on heavy pain meds, had not eaten anything solid, and still had not said two words to us......but Kaitlyn started to prep up when she understand we might be able to go home. Kaitlyn is so tired of being poked and touched that she was even hesitant to get medical equipment disconnected -so much that they took out her IV and cut the line- so she still has some of it taped to her leg.  Hoping the leads and tape will come off with future baths!  
Regan was getting antsy but quickly became the big sister she needed to be, when she realized that she was able to go home too.
It will be great to sleep in our own beds this weekend.  
Thanks to Friends and family prayers and support this procedure was not anywhere near final but exactly what Dr. M had hoped for, we do know we are still in the marathon for both girls but this was a huge hurdle!  Kaitlyn's follow up is scheduled for 12/30.  
Much love,
Audrey and Matt & the girls

Latest update.  I so glad little Kaitlyn is doing better.  I have not heard yet about her follow up a few days ago.  Over 40 kids did not make it due to dogs last year and I was concerned that Kaitlyn would be added to the list.  William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:31 pm

Obrien girls update

Jan 26, 2014 9:01pm
Thank you for your ongoing support and prayers for our family.

After the girls battled the common cold, two ear infections and two reschedules. Regan was ready on Wednesday 1/22 to get her steroid injections in her leg over with. We Went up to Akron the night before girls had a lot of questions; Kaitlyn especially wanted every detail. Bought Kaitlyn mostly because we needed her to see she got to be supportive this time not the patient. We have been working with a child life specialist since the beginning and for the first time Regan didn't need medication to back to the OR. This was a HUGE deal and on top of it; Kaitlyn got to witness it. Very proud of Regan.

Down the road we will work with dr. Murthy to close up regans scars more but, for now we are just going to keep her active and let her grow!

Kaitlyns next check up is 1/30.
We hope you are all well and staying warm.
Best wishes,   Audrey & Matt and girls

KAITLYN and REAGAN OBRIEN - 22 months, 3 yo - accused Sandra Kinstle (aunt) - Mansfield, OH 52cf4b9da689b4922f886598
First day of preschool for Kaitlyn.

The girls are doing great considering.  Hopefully Kaitlyn's next check up will be ok.  William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down