Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JULLIAN HASKINS - 7 yo - / Accused: David Scott Rodenbarger, half-brother - Monticello, IN

2 posters

Go down

JULLIAN HASKINS - 7 yo - / Accused: David Scott Rodenbarger, half-brother - Monticello, IN Empty JULLIAN HASKINS - 7 yo - / Accused: David Scott Rodenbarger, half-brother - Monticello, IN

Post by willcarney Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:58 pm

Man arrested in deaths of mother, half-sister

Saturday, February 02, 2013

February 2, 2013 (MONTICELLO, Ind.) -- A 20-year-old Indiana man has been arrested in connection with the fatal stabbings of his mother and his young half-sister.

An Indiana State Police news release says 41-year-old Michelle Haskins and 7-year-old Jillian Haskins were stabbed about 1:23 a.m. Saturday at their home in Monticello, about 25 miles northeast of Lafayette.

Police say Michelle Haskins called 911 before she died. Jillian was taken to White County Memorial Hospital in Monticello, where she was pronounced dead.

State police say David Scott Rodenbarger is being held in White County Jail on a preliminary charge of murder.

The White County prosecutor didn't immediately return phone calls to his office and his home on Saturday.

State police say the investigation is ongoing and they will release more information as it becomes available.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?id=8978281§ion=news%2Flocal%2Findiana

Sad another little angel murdered. William
willcarney
willcarney
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : NEVER assume your child is safe, KNOW.

Back to top Go down

JULLIAN HASKINS - 7 yo - / Accused: David Scott Rodenbarger, half-brother - Monticello, IN Empty Re: JULLIAN HASKINS - 7 yo - / Accused: David Scott Rodenbarger, half-brother - Monticello, IN

Post by willcarney Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:03 pm

JULLIAN HASKINS - 7 yo - / Accused: David Scott Rodenbarger, half-brother - Monticello, IN Monticello-victims
Court document: Man admits to using pronged fork, knife to kill mom and half-sister
A White County man arrested in connection with the stabbing deaths of his mother and 6-year-old half-sister used a pronged fork and knife to kill the victims, stated court documents.

According to the probable cause affidavit, 20-year-old David Scott Rodenbarger had blood-stained hands and clothing when police arrived to the Monticello, Ind. home in the early morning hours of Feb. 2.

Police said Rodenbarger’s mother, 41-year-old Michelle Haskins, called 911 before she died from her injuries. Her daughter, 6-year-old Jillian Haskins, was transported to White County Memorial Hospital, where she was pronounced deceased.

Rodenbarger was arrested and transported to the White County Jail. During an interview with police, Rodenbarger admitted to killing his mother and half-sister, using a two-pronged fork and knife. Police said those items were located in the residence near the victims.

An autopsy revealed Michelle Haskins died due to a wound to her throat, and Jillian Haskins died to multiple stab wounds and swelling of the brain from blunt force trauma to the head.

“We’re trying to put together why anybody would commit such a heinous crime,” White Co. prosecutor Bob Guy said.

At this time, a motive is not known. Guy said investigators continued to interview friends and family to try and determine what led to the murders.

“It’s difficult, I raised two daughters in this community. When you see a young girl whose life is taken so tragically at such a young age, it has an effect on anybody,” Guy said.

Family members gathered at Rodenbarger’s hearing, some of them telling him they loved him. Rodenbarger replied, “I love you too.” At times, Rodenbarger appeared confused, answering several times “yes” or “no” when asked if he’d like an attorney to be appointed to him. Eventually, the court did appoint one.

Members of the family told Fox 59 they were still mourning and not ready to talk about what happened. Other community members showed up at the hearing to lend their support.

“The blessings from Monticello, I believe, go out to (the family) and I’m sorry to hear (about) the loss. … I hope we all recover from this because this is a terrible day,” resident Tim Harper said.

Rodenbarger faces two charges of murder. He’s being held without bond.

Prosecutors could pursue the death penalty, but say it’s too early to make that decision.

http://fox59.com/news/stories/white-co-man-arrested-in-stabbing-deaths-of-mother-half-sister/#axzz2Ko6Vp2oD

I have conflicting ages for the girl. Six or seven. Not sure at the moment. Such a gorgeous little angel just makes my soul cry. William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

JULLIAN HASKINS - 7 yo - / Accused: David Scott Rodenbarger, half-brother - Monticello, IN Empty Re: JULLIAN HASKINS - 7 yo - / Accused: David Scott Rodenbarger, half-brother - Monticello, IN

Post by twinkletoes Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:27 pm

Our world has gone mad. More and more children are murdering their parents and siblings.

twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:39 pm

Ya, I know. It once was "stranger danger". But today it's family, or trusted friends of family that rape and murder more often than a stranger. Just no respect for life. William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down