Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCARLETT PORTER - 3 yo - / accused: Jenna Porter, mother - Tallahassee, Fl.

2 posters

Go down

SCARLETT PORTER - 3 yo - / accused: Jenna Porter, mother - Tallahassee, Fl. Empty SCARLETT PORTER - 3 yo - / accused: Jenna Porter, mother - Tallahassee, Fl.

Post by willcarney Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:08 pm

CBS/AP/ March 28, 2013, 7:44 AM
Police: Fla. golf course deaths a murder-suicide

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. Police said the bodies of a mother and her 3-year-old daughter found shot and killed near a Tallahassee golf course Tuesday evening were the result of an apparent murder-suicide.

The Leon County Sheriff's Office on Wednesday identified them as 22-year-old Jenna Porter and 3-year-old Scarlett Porter.

Golfers found their bodies early Tuesday evening at Hilaman Golf Course after they heard shots ring out.

The golfers called 911 and stayed on the scene until deputies arrived.

The Sheriff's Office says the mother and daughter lived in an apartment complex close to where their bodies were found. Investigators determined that Jenna Porter fired the shots based on evidence and witness statements.

They say the handgun used was found at the scene.

Preliminary autopsy results indicate each died from a single gunshot wound to the head.

Aujahne Cottrell, who lives at the apartment complex, told CBS affiliate WCTV that the young woman and girl "seemed like normal people. You wouldn't think something like that would happen to them."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57576728/police-fla-golf-course-deaths-a-murder-suicide/

Sad that a mother would take the life of her own daughter like that. No matter what the problems the child is not better off dead. I wonder if this is a custody fight, a "if I can't have her, you can't" killing that takes place all too often. My soul cries for the little angel. SCARLETT PORTER - 3 yo - / accused: Jenna Porter, mother - Tallahassee, Fl. 380822 William

Last edited by twinkletoes on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Change name to caps, format heading)
willcarney
willcarney
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : NEVER assume your child is safe, KNOW.

Back to top Go down

SCARLETT PORTER - 3 yo - / accused: Jenna Porter, mother - Tallahassee, Fl. Empty Re: SCARLETT PORTER - 3 yo - / accused: Jenna Porter, mother - Tallahassee, Fl.

Post by twinkletoes Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:34 am

Horror as mother, 22, shoots dead daughter, 3, and then herself near Florida golf course

• Golfers discovered the bodies of Jenna Porter and three-year-old Scarlett Porter early on Tuesday evening
  • The mother shot herself and her daughter between their Tallahassee apartment and the Hilaman Golf Course nextdoor, police said
  • Neighbors are shocked by the tragedy in the quiet area

By Helen Pow

PUBLISHED: 19:34 EST, 27 March 2013 | UPDATED: 19:39 EST, 27 March 2013

A 22-year-old Florida woman has shot and killed her baby daughter and then herself near a public golf course, police said.

After hearing gunfire, golfers at Hilaman Golf Course, near Tallahassee,
discovered the bodies of Jenna Porter and three-year-old Scarlett Porter
early on Tuesday evening

Horrified, the men called 911 and remained with the bodies until deputies arrived.

SCARLETT PORTER - 3 yo - / accused: Jenna Porter, mother - Tallahassee, Fl. Article-2300250-18F63DF5000005DC-668_634x380
Tragic: Jenna Porter, 22, shot and killed her baby daughter and then herself
between her apartment, pictured, and a public golf course, police said

The Leon County Sheriff's Office said Porter and her toddler, who were
identified today, lived in the Whispering Woods Apartment Complex.

Lt. James McQuaig said the shooting happened around 5 p.m. and the two
golfers found the bodies between the Porters' apartment and the golf course.

Investigators determined that Jenna Porter fired the
shots based on evidence and witness statements. They say the handgun
used was found at the scene.

SCARLETT PORTER - 3 yo - / accused: Jenna Porter, mother - Tallahassee, Fl. Article-2300250-18F63E09000005DC-482_634x380
Shooting: Lt. James McQuaig said the shooting happened around 5 p.m. and the two
golfers found the bodies between the Porters' apartment and the golf course

SCARLETT PORTER - 3 yo - / accused: Jenna Porter, mother - Tallahassee, Fl. Article-2300250-18F63DED000005DC-628_634x380
Crime scene: Investigators determined that Jenna Porter fired the shots based
on evidence and witness statements. They say the handgun used was found at the scene

Preliminary autopsy results indicate both died from a single gunshot wound to the head.

Neighbors said they were 'shocked' by the deaths of woman and her baby.

'When I heard what happened, I just walked around because the back end of the
golf course here and then I saw the deceased and it just stopped me in
my place,' Ray Parsons said, according to CBS News.

Parson said the tragic shooting was out-of-place in the quiet neighborhood.

SCARLETT PORTER - 3 yo - / accused: Jenna Porter, mother - Tallahassee, Fl. Article-2300250-18F63E01000005DC-641_634x380
Moving: Neighbor, Randria Walker, who has lived in the apartment complex,
pictured, for four months said she wants to move after the shocking shooting

SCARLETT PORTER - 3 yo - / accused: Jenna Porter, mother - Tallahassee, Fl. Article-2300250-18F62F50000005DC-826_634x475
Nearby: The mother and baby were found close to the Hilaman Golf Course, near Tallahassee, pictured

'It made me feel sad because she is lying on the ground and there's nothing
she could do for herself ... and that's kind of shocking,' he said.

Another neighbor, Randria Walker, who has lived in the apartment complex for
four months, said she was asleep when the shooting occurred. She added
the horrific incident has prompted her to consider moving.

'I was in shock because it's so quiet out here.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2300250/Jenna-Porter-shooting-Horror-mother-22-shoots-dead-daughter-3-near-Florida-golf-course.html#ixzz2OnXicTo3
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

SCARLETT PORTER - 3 yo - / accused: Jenna Porter, mother - Tallahassee, Fl. Empty Re: SCARLETT PORTER - 3 yo - / accused: Jenna Porter, mother - Tallahassee, Fl.

Post by twinkletoes Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:38 am

William, I thought the same thing.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down