Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRANDON HOLT - 6 yo - /accused: Anthony Senatore, father - Toms River, NJ

2 posters

Go down

BRANDON HOLT - 6 yo - /accused: Anthony Senatore, father - Toms River, NJ Empty BRANDON HOLT - 6 yo - /accused: Anthony Senatore, father - Toms River, NJ

Post by willcarney Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:58 pm

AP/ April 9, 2013, 9:45 PM 6-year-old boy dies after N.J. accidental shooting

TOMS RIVER, N.J. A 6-year-old boy who was accidentally shot in the head by a 4-year-old playmate has died from his wounds, authorities said Tuesday night.

Ocean County prosecutor's office spokesman Al Della Fave confirmed Brandon Holt had died but said he couldn't provide further details. Toms River police Chief Michael Mastronardy said Holt was pronounced dead at 5 p.m. Tuesday, nearly 24 hours after the shooting occurred in a neighborhood that residents described as "very quiet."

The 4-year-old, whose name was withheld, was not injured.

Prosecutor Joseph Coronato, speaking earlier Tuesday at a news conference, said the boy got the .22-caliber rifle from his home and it discharged accidently Monday evening. The children, whose families live in the neighborhood, were about 15 yards apart.

The younger boy's mother called 911 to report the shooting, Coronato said.

Coronato said it was too early in the investigation to know whether anyone would be charged. He would not say who owned the gun or speculate on how the 4-year-old got it.

Mastronardy called the shooting tragic and said it affected the whole community, a sentiment shared by those who live there.

One resident said the two families had not lived in the neighborhood for long and she did not know them well.

"I'm sad for the children involved and their families, but I'm angry with whoever owns that gun and allowed a little child to get hold of it. A 4-year-old can't load a gun," said Debi Coto, who lives a few doors down. "I had just been telling my sister how nice it is to see kids playing together and enjoying themselves, and then this happens."

Coto said the 4-year-old's mother seemed very upset in the minutes after the shooting and appeared to be trying to comprehend what had happened.

The shooting came just days after a 4-year-old boy in Tennessee grabbed a loaded gun at a family cookout and accidentally shot to death the wife of a sheriff's deputy and amid debate over gun control laws in the wake of December's Newtown, Conn., elementary school massacre.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57578783/6-year-old-boy-dies-after-n.j-accidental-shooting/

This is no accident. The mother was there. The gun should have been unloaded, trigger locked and the gun and ammo locked in a vault. No children should have access to a loaded gun. William

Last edited by willcarney on Tue May 14, 2013 1:44 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Change name to caps)
willcarney
willcarney
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : NEVER assume your child is safe, KNOW.

Back to top Go down

BRANDON HOLT - 6 yo - /accused: Anthony Senatore, father - Toms River, NJ Empty Re: BRANDON HOLT - 6 yo - /accused: Anthony Senatore, father - Toms River, NJ

Post by willcarney Tue May 14, 2013 1:43 pm

Charges Filed Against NJ Father of 4-Year-Old Boy Who Shot and Killed Neighbor, 6 Tuesday, May 14, 2013

BRANDON HOLT - 6 yo - /accused: Anthony Senatore, father - Toms River, NJ Brandon+Holt
The New Jersey father of a 4-year-old boy who accidentally shot and killed his 6-year-old neighbor has been arrested, accused of having multiple unsecured weapons accessible to children, officials said.

The Atlantic County prosecutor's office announced Monday that Anthony Senatore, 33, has been charged with six counts of child endangerment and a disorderly person's offense for enabling access by minors to a loaded firearm.

Senatore's son and 6-year-old Brandon Holt were playing in their neighborhood April 8 when the 4-year-old got a loaded .22-caliber rifle from his family's home and shot Brandon in the head, authorities said. The boys were about 15 yards apart.
Police were seen carrying multiple firearms out of the Senatores' home after the shooting. Anthony Senatore was known to be an avid hunter, and his three children have names associated with hunting terms, according to law enforcement sources and neighbors.

Brandon's grandmother told NBC 4 New York at the time she was angry the family failed to take enough caution in locking up their guns.

"I can't believe that they found 11 guns in that house," said Donna Elefante. "I mean, with three kids? Give me a break."

Attorney information for Senatore was not immediately available, and a phone number was not listed.
The Atlantic County prosecutor's office took over investigation of the case early on because the Senatores have relatives who worked in law enforcement in Ocean County, where Toms River is located.

One resident said the two families had not lived in the neighborhood for long and she did not know them well.

“I'm sad for the children involved and their families, but I'm angry with whoever owns that gun and allowed a little child to get hold of it,” Debi Coto, who lives a few doors down, said after the shooting.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Father-Arrested-Fatal-Shooting-Son-Rifle-6-Year-Old-Boy-Brandon-Holt-Toms-River-207307541.html
willcarney
willcarney

Job/hobbies : NEVER assume your child is safe, KNOW.

Back to top Go down

BRANDON HOLT - 6 yo - /accused: Anthony Senatore, father - Toms River, NJ Empty Re: BRANDON HOLT - 6 yo - /accused: Anthony Senatore, father - Toms River, NJ

Post by twinkletoes Wed May 15, 2013 6:12 am

Both the mother and father are idiots and criminally negligent for allowing their children access to guns. Loaded guns at that.

Reminds me of the boy who got a rifle for his 4 birthday and killed his 2 year old sister the other day. He is now 5.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down