Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GARRETT KING - 2 yo - (Nov 2012) / Charged: Babysitter Brenda Kay Garner - Virginia Beach, VA

2 posters

Go down

GARRETT KING - 2 yo - (Nov 2012) / Charged: Babysitter Brenda Kay Garner - Virginia Beach, VA Empty GARRETT KING - 2 yo - (Nov 2012) / Charged: Babysitter Brenda Kay Garner - Virginia Beach, VA

Post by twinkletoes Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:43 am

Update: Babysitter charged in 2-year-old’s death withdraws request for bond

Posted on: 11:14 am, November 19, 2012, by Holly Henry, updated on: 10:54am, November 20, 2012

UPDATE: Brenda Kay Garner, the babysitter charged in the death
of 2-year-old Garrett King, withdrew her request for bond this morning,
saying she wants to remain in custody.

Virginia Beach, Va. – A babysitter has been arrested and charged in the death of a 2-year-old in Virginia Beach.

On Wednesday, November 14, 2012, at approximately 1:00 p.m., police
and emergency personnel responded to the 4900 block of Pimlico Circle
for a report of an unconscious 2-year-old child.

The child was left in the care of the babysitter and was dropped off at approximately 8:00 a.m. by the mother, police say.

The 2-year-old was transported to a local hospital, and medical
personnel notified the police of possible child abuse. Detectives
conducted an investigation, which resulted in the arrest of the
babysitter.

The victim, 2-year-old Garrett King, of the 4900 block of Pimlico
Circle in Virginia Beach died on November 15, 2012. The cause of death
determined by the Medical Examiner’s Office is a result of blunt force
trauma.

The suspect, 34-year-old Brenda Kay Garner, also of the 4900 block of
Pimlico Circle in Virginia Beach, was charged with Felony Child Abuse
and Neglect.

Garner is currently being held without bond in the Virginia Beach Correctional Center.

This case remains under investigation.

http://wtkr.com/2012/11/19/virginia-beach-babysitter-charged-in-babys-death/
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

GARRETT KING - 2 yo - (Nov 2012) / Charged: Babysitter Brenda Kay Garner - Virginia Beach, VA Empty Re: GARRETT KING - 2 yo - (Nov 2012) / Charged: Babysitter Brenda Kay Garner - Virginia Beach, VA

Post by danbridge Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:38 am

THE MURDERING BABYSITTER STATING SHE WANTED TO REMAIN IN CUSTODY IN ITSELF STATES A LOT. ANOTHER BABY IN HEAVEN.
danbridge
danbridge
Local Celebrity (no autographs, please)
Local Celebrity (no autographs, please)

Job/hobbies : MOVIES, MUSIC

Back to top Go down

GARRETT KING - 2 yo - (Nov 2012) / Charged: Babysitter Brenda Kay Garner - Virginia Beach, VA Empty Re: GARRETT KING - 2 yo - (Nov 2012) / Charged: Babysitter Brenda Kay Garner - Virginia Beach, VA

Post by twinkletoes Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:39 am

Babysitter charged with murder, abuse

Updated: Monday, 15 Apr 2013, 7:19 PM EDT
Published : Monday, 15 Apr 2013, 7:19 PM EDT

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) - A babysitter has been charged with murder and abuse in connection with the death of a 2-year-old left in her care last November.

Police responded to a report of an unconscious child Nov. 14 and medical personnel alerted police the child may have been abused.

According to police, 2-year-old Garrett King was left in the care of Brenda Kay Garner, 35, around 8 a.m. by his
mother. As a result of the investigation, police arrested Garner and arrested her for child abuse and neglect.

Garner was charged Monday with second degree murder and felony child abuse and neglect.

The King family reached out to WAVY.com and offered the following statement:

We are heartbroken at the loss of our sweet little two-year-old Garrett, a friendly and trusting boy who shared his delightful smile with everyone he met. We looked forward to seeing him at the end of every workday, when he would run to the door and exclaim, “I miss you!” We cherish our happy memories of him – of Saturday breakfasts at a local diner, of Sundays spent watching football and NASCAR, of afternoons playing catch and blowing bubbles in the front yard.

Yet those same memories bring tears to our eyes as we realize all over again that he is gone from this world forever. We miss his voice, his laughter, his hugs and kisses.

For Garrett’s sake, we are cooperating fully with local authorities and trusting that the person responsible for this terrible crime will be brought to justice so that other children’s lives might be spared. We ask that the media respect our need for privacy as we grieve for our son’s precious life, and we continue to be deeply grateful for the community support, encouragement, and prayers that have been extended to us during this difficult time.

-- Jonathan and Emily King

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/crime/babysitter-charged-with-murder-abuse
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:49 am

Note to whomever moved this. You did so in error and I have moved it back where it belongs. Please leave it alone.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down