Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ERICA PARSONS - 13 yo - (2011) - Salisbury, NC

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ERICA PARSONS - 13 yo - (2011) - Salisbury, NC Empty ERICA PARSONS - 13 yo - (2011) - Salisbury, NC

Post by twinkletoes Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:39 pm

Erica listed on national missing children database

Posted on August 19, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Updated today at 10:36 AM

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children is expected to release an age progression photo of missing teen Erica Parsons, likely by the middle of the week.

The organization put Parsons' picture on its website Friday, but has not received any tips, according to center officials.

Meanwhile, Parsons' adoptive parents Casey and Sandy are scheduled to be on the Dr. Phil show and tell their story to the nation Tuesday and Wednesday.  The show's website says Wednesday's airing includes a polygraph test.

Family attorney Carlyle Sherrill says he is aware of the polygraph test but is not revealing the findings prior to the show airing.

Erica is listed at 4-foot-5 and weighing 85 pounds when she went missing from the family home on Miller Chapel Road in Salisbury in 2011.  At the time, she was 13-years-old.

The new photo will show what Erica is expected to look like now, at 15-years-old.

"Two years is an awfully long time for us to be delayed in searching for this child, so I asked them to put a rush on it," said center spokesperson Bob Lowery.

They received Erica's picture Friday as well as photos of her biological parents.   The center is using them to come up with the new picture.

The hope is the picture generates tips or leads them to Erica.

"The more exposure that gets out there in front of the public, it helps spark some of the memory that they may have seen the child, even if it was back a couple of years ago, that's ok," Lowery said.

The center also has a case team assigned to help investigators.

Time is an enemy searching for missing child.

The center says if something bad happens to them, it's typically within hours of a disappearance.

"The longer this goes on, the least likely it is we are going to find them," Lowery said.

But not impossible, Lowery said, using three girls found in a Cleveland house a decade after they disappeared as an example.

No one has been arrested or charged in Erica's disappearance. Erica's parents, Casey and Sandy Parsons, deny any wrongdoing and say Erica decided to live with her biological grandmother in the Asheville area after an extended holiday visit.

Investigators aren't saying when they'll know the results of red stain samples and wall swabs taken from the family home during last week's search.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Erica-Parsons-now-listed-on-national-missing-children-database-220251781.html
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

ERICA PARSONS - 13 yo - (2011) - Salisbury, NC Empty Re: ERICA PARSONS - 13 yo - (2011) - Salisbury, NC

Post by twinkletoes Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:50 pm

Police call missing girl’s parents uncooperative

ERICA PARSONS - 13 yo - (2011) - Salisbury, NC Missing_rowan_girl_TB_5pm

Posted on August 7, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Updated Thursday, Aug 8 at 4:36 AM

SALISBURY, N.C. -- Investigators searching for a missing Rowan County teenager say nothing the girl’s adoptive parents told them during two days worth of questioning was true, and the family is not being cooperative.

Erica Parsons’ older brother reported her missing last week. It appears the last time people at the family home on Miller Chapel Road in Salisbury saw her was November 2011.

Attorney Carlyle Sherrill, hired by the Parsons family, says someone picked up Erica up claiming to be a friend or relative of Erica's biological parents, and that it was someone the girl previously visited in the mountains a handful of times before.

Sherrill also says Erica called her adoptive parents a short time after she left home and told them she wasn't coming back.

The family apparently did not resist because Erica told them she didn't want to be with them and was happier elsewhere, plus the parents were dealing with illnesses and raising other kids, Sherrill said.

Sherrill says investigators questioned the Parsons family over two days, and just because they say the story isn't true doesn't mean the adoptive mother and father lied.

"They're just relaying what their understanding of the situation was. If it's wrong, it's not because they fabricated anything. It's because what they were told was wrong," he said.

Sherrill says the parents stopped talking to investigators when the line of questioning became accusatory. Nobody has been arrested or charged in Erica's disappearance.

"They were insinuating they had something to do with what happened to Erica," Sherrill said.

Sherrill says the parents told him investigators threatened to dig up their yard in their search for the teen.

Sherrill says Erica's brother was having trouble at home, got into a fight with his parents and got moved out of the house - and that it could be a reason why the brother reported Erica missing now instead of in 2011.

For now, it appears no one knows where Erica Lynn Parsons is, or who she left with in 2011.

http://www.wcnc.com/home/Police-say-missing-girls-parents-are-uncooperative-218720861.html
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

ERICA PARSONS - 13 yo - (2011) - Salisbury, NC Empty Re: ERICA PARSONS - 13 yo - (2011) - Salisbury, NC

Post by twinkletoes Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:29 pm

Hammer, teeth among items seized in new search in Erica Parsons case

Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 5:55 p.m.
UPDATED: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 6:59 p.m

Investigators searched a storage shed today on land owned by the the parents of missing teen Erica Parsons' adoptive father.

According to a search warrant, they seized teeth, a hammer, a videotape pieces of a vacuum cleaner and school records for Sandy and Casey Parsons from the shed at 270 Sutton Road in China Grove.

Although the red storage shed is behind the home of William Parsons, the search warrant said, only Sandy and Casey Parsons have access to the locked building.
This search comes a week after local, state and federal investigators descended on the Parsonses' home on Miller Chapel Road.

In that search, the investigators seized a number of items including red-stained flooring and drywall, two large knives in shrink wrap, and literature about child death cases including JonBenet Ramsey and the Susan Smith case in South Carolina, the warrant said.

They dismantled a wooden deck behind the home, moved an above-ground pool and dug in the backyard.

In an affidavit requesting the search warrant last week, an investigator said James Parsons claimed his parents, Sandy and Casey Parsons, “routinely abused Erica both mentally and physically.”

Family members told investigators they often saw bruises on her that the adoptive parents said were caused by other children, according to the affidavit.
Erica Parsons — a niece who the couple took in as an infant and adopted at age 2 — has been missing nearly two years, but was only reported missing on July 30 by her adoptive brother, James.

Sandy and Casey Parsons say they let their adopted daughter go to live with her biological grandmother in Asheville, and they believe she's still with the woman they know as Irene “Nan” Goodman.

Investigators haven't been able to verify that woman's existence and the Parsonses say they haven't spoken with her since February 2012 and don't know how to contact her.

Authorities say the information the Parsonses have provided has not been truthful. The couple stopped cooperating with the investigation after a couple of days and hired an attorney.

http://www.salisburypost.com/article/20130821/SP01/130829925/0/FRONTPAGE
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:08 am

Erica Parsons’ biological family: ‘There is no Nan’

Posted on: 1:45 pm, August 25, 2013, by Joe Borlik, updated on: 02:47pm, August 25, 2013

ROWAN COUNTY, N.C. — The biological family of a Rowan County girl who has not been seen for nearly two years is speaking out about her disappearance.

Authorities said Erica Parsons has not been seen since November 19, 2011 when she was 13.

But the teen was not reported missing until July 30 of this year by her adoptive brother, James Parsons.

Erica Parsons’ adoptive parents, Casey Stone Parsons and Sandy Parsons, said Erica went to stay in Asheville with her biological grandmother, Irene “Nan” Goodman, in 2011.

The adoptive parents said Erica went for a three-week Christmas visit with Nan nearly two years ago and then called them two months later to say she wasn’t coming back.

The adoptive parents said they believed Erica would be fine, a claim they have told multiple news outlets and even “Dr. Phil” on his nationally syndicated TV show.

“She loves Nan,” Casey Parsons told WBTV. “I met Nan. I talked to Nan. Nan is a very good lady.”

But Erica Parsons’s biological family said there is no Nan. They said Erica’s biological grandmother died in 2005.

“My grandmother’s real name is Chloe,” Erica’s biological cousin Christina Goodman told WSOC-TV. “We don’t have any idea who ‘Nan’ is.”

Goodman said Erica Parsons’ family has never known of an Irene in the family.

Investigators have not been able to find an Irene Goodman related to Erica Parsons.

Carolyn Parsons, Erica’s biological mother, said Erica does not have any biological relatives in the Asheville area.

Sandy Parsons, Erica’s adoptive father, took a lie detector test during a taping of the “Dr. Phil” show. They said they went on the show to help find Erica.

The test’s results were called “strongly deceptive” by a polygraph expert, according to The Salisbury Post. Casey Parsons, the adoptive mother, did not take a lie detector test.

Search warrants were issued for the adoptive parents’ home earlier this month. Investigators seized various items including baseboards from the closet with red stains, two large knives wrapped in shrink wrap and a plastic bag with magazines about JonBenet Ramsey, a murdered 6-year-old.

Investigators also searched a storage shed owned by Erica’s adoptive parents and seized items including teeth, a hammer and a videotape.

Erica’s adoptive parents have said they believe Erica is okay and just too scared to come forward.

The adoptive parents said they believe their son reported Erica missing because he wanted to get revenge because they kicked him out of the house.

Their attorney maintains that the Parsons did not consider Erica missing because they had left her with a relative.

The youngest children of Erica’s adoptive parents, Sadie and Toby, were taken from their home the day after Erica was reported missing.

Members of Erica’s biological family said they’d be willing to take care of her if she is still alive.

“I wish I could have had her,” biological Aunt Teresa Goodman told WSOC-TV. “It would have been different.”

Casey and Sandy Parsons took custody of Erica as an infant because her biological family could not reportedly provide for her.

Billboards featuring age-progressed photos of Erica Parsons are planned to go up around Charlotte in an effort to help gain more publicity on the missing teen.

A reward of $15,000 is being offered in the teen’s disappearance, $10,000 from Rowan County deputies and $5,000 from Dr. Phil.

http://myfox8.com/2013/08/25/erica-parsonss-biological-family-there-is-no-nan/

This sad story is all too familiar. And I always wonder where the "loving" family & friends who show up for vigils have been during the years a dear child has been abused or missing. And who in the world could raise a baby as their own child for over a decade and not check on their welfare if they did say "I'm not coming home"?
ladibug
ladibug

Job/hobbies : Collecting feral cats

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:15 am

ERICA PARSONS - 13 yo - (2011) - Salisbury, NC PARSONS_BILLBOARD

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/billboard-company-donates-space-help-search-erica-/nZcF4/
ladibug
ladibug

Back to top Go down

Post by tinalovesnick Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:06 pm

LE needs to search the backyard of their prior residences. Sandy said at one time, "She's not in THIS backyard." And was overly confident as well. I take that to mean that she is in a backyard, just not the one they were searching... Poor child. I really hope I'm wrong and that the media is too. :-(
tinalovesnick
tinalovesnick
Pizza Delivery! Ding Dong!
Pizza Delivery! Ding Dong!

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:49 pm

Tina, I don't think you're wrong.

I'll bet because of her problems they were receiving money from the state for adopting her.

This reminds me of a case in Miami where a little girl went missing and it was never reported.  DCF was completing reports claiming to have made home visits and certifying that the child was healthy and thriving.

At first, lacking evidence they could only charge her with taking the welfare money for years without the little girl being there.

They have never found her body but eventually the guardian was charged and convicted of murder. 

DCF continues to operate very poorly with many case workers having no regard for children.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:36 am

Online messages show contradictions in story of missing teen
Posted: Sep 04, 2013 5:41 PM EST Updated: Sep 04, 2013 8:58 PM EST

Newly obtained online conversations are revealing new details in the case of a missing teenage girl who was reported missing in July, nearly two years after she was last seen.

According to the Rowan County Sheriff's Office, 15-year-old Erica Parsons was reported missing on July 30 by her brother, James. James told investigators that he hadn't seen Erica since November 2011.

Sandy and Casey Parsons, Erica's adoptive parents reportedly told James that Erica had gone to live with her biological grandmother in Asheville. They have repeated that same explain in interviews with WBTV and on national interviews on the Dr. Phil show.

The Parsons said they haven't spoken with Erica since February 2012.

But online conversations obtained by WBTV show Casey Parsons giving Erica's biological mother updates on the teen's life as recently as March 2013.  The conversations were obtained by WBTV reporter David Whisenant and confirmed as accurate by Erica's biological mother, Carolyn.

The conversations started in May 2010.

"I thank God everyday you gave us Erica," Casey Parsons told Carolyn. "I know that was very hard, but at that time you made the right choice. She is a beautiful young lady."

She then goes on to say that one day Erica will want to meet Carolyn.  She also asks Carolyn not to tell "big Sandy" that she's giving her updates about Erica.

"It's just that big Sandy goes along with his daddy and you know how Steve feels," Casey Parsons wrote. "But it has always hurt me because I know how you felt about your kids and I know you have always loved your kids. I thank you so much Carolyn for giving me Erica!! We love her so much. I can't even think about life without her."

On January 5, 2011, conversations state that Casey, Erica and Carolyn met at a restaurant in Mooresville so Carolyn and Erica could meet for the first time in years.

Casey told Carolyn that Erica was quiet when she got home and Casey believed that Erica was thinking about everything.

The trio was supposed to meet again a month later, but Casey wrote to Carolyn and said she wasn't sure when another visit would be possible.

"I am mainly waiting until Erica tells me she wants another visit," Casey wrote. "Right now she hasn't really said a word. The only thing she really has said is to let her decide when she wants to visit again. So I don't want to push her. Erica and I are very close and I don't want her to feel she is losing me."

And for the first time since she went missing, we're hearing from Erica Parsons in her own words.

In a set messages reportedly written on Casey's account, but signed by Erica in February 2011, the teenager told Carolyn that is was nice to meet her, but that she didn't want to come to her house.

"These are my mom and dad and I don't think as you being my mom. Maybe in a long time I will see you again," the message stated. "Please stop writing my mom because I don't like her talking to you a lot. I don't mean to be mean because I am not a mean person I just want my mom and me to be close and we can't with you around."

She went on to say that she loved Casey and thanked Carolyn for giving birth to her.

Several days later, in reference to Casey being sick, Erica reportedly told Carolyn if Casey didn't get better, she'd say with Sandy, her adoptive father.

"I also stay with my Maw Maw when Mom is feeling bad," Erica wrote. "My Mom said she would help me find my birth father. I don't want but one mom and Casey is my Mom and the only one I want. I love her very much."

Carolyn told Erica that she never wanted her to think of her as "mom" and just wanted to get a chance to know her.

"U [sic] also have other brothers and sister to [sic]," Carolyn responded. "Is that [sic] any way u can give me chance and get to know me."

The Parsons told investigators and WBTV that Erica went to live with her biological grandmother in November 2011 and the last conversation they had with her was a phone call on February 2012.

During that time there was numerous messages sent from Carolyn to Casey. The messages were unreturned.

Nearly a year later, Casey finally responded to a message.

"Carolyn, Erica is doing perfect. Don't know why all these rumors are floating around about where she is. Sandy and I still have custody of Erica and she is our daughter," Casey wrote on February 2013, a year after she told investigators she last spoke to Erica. "We are, as parents, can allow our children to spend the night or even week with anyone who we see fit. Erica is still OUR daughter." ......

This goes on and is quite interesting but I didn't want to take up too much room.  Here is the link to finish reading this manipulative, continuing lie (imo).

http://www.wbtv.com/story/23341804/online-messages-show-contradictions-in-story-of-missing-teen?page=full&N=F
ladibug
ladibug

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:35 am

I Think this poor girl has been murdered.  These people are monsters.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:00 pm

Search warrants released in Erica Parsons case.

Search warrants reveal investigators seized two knives, swabs of walls, pieces of carpet, drywall from Parsons' home Wednesday.

ERICA PARSONS - 13 yo - (2011) - Salisbury, NC Parson10

ERICA PARSONS - 13 yo - (2011) - Salisbury, NC Parson11

ERICA PARSONS - 13 yo - (2011) - Salisbury, NC Parson12

http://www.wsoctv.com/gallery/news/local/images-search-warrants-released-erica-parsons-case/gCCxG/#3755917
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:37 pm

Custody hearing for Parsons children delayed

by WCNC.com staff
Posted on September 26, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Updated Thursday, Sep 26 at 6:30 PM

SALISBURY, N.C. -- It was a busy morning for the Parsons family.

Sandy and Casey, Erica’s adoptive parents, were in court fighting to get custody back of their two youngest children.

Two of their older kids, daughter Brook and son Sandy, who serves in the military, were there to support their parents.

Both sides agreed to a continuation in the hearing, saying there was too much evidence in the case and they needed more time. A hearing will likely now take place in late October. In the mean time, the two younger children will stay with Casey’s mom.

After Thursday’s hearing, the Parsonses met with investigators from the sheriff’s office and FBI.

"The Parsons, in fact, let the investigators know they were going to be here today and they did meet with investigators briefly to give fingerprints and answer a few questions," said attorney Carlyle Sherrill.

Sherrill says the couple is still splitting their time between Fayetteville and Salisbury, despite an eviction notice Wednesday from Sandy’s parents. He also says Erica’s adoptive parents seem more hopeful in recent days.

"They seem today to be not as frustrated as they have been, seeing a little progress."

Sherrill adds the family believes Erica’s biological mom Carolyn Parsons is the key to finding their daughter because she connected them to Nan, the grandmother they say they left Erica with two years ago.

"If anyone knows where Nan is, Carolyn Parsons would be where to look."

There have been no charges filed in this case.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/searching-for-erica/Parsons-biological-children-remain-in-DSS-custody-225374862.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:55 pm

Police logs shed new light on day Erica Parsons was reported missing

By Natalie Pasquarella

Click here for VIDEO

ROWAN COUNTY, N.C. — Channel 9 received police logs that shed light on missing 15-year-old Erica Parsons' case.

The log is from Rowan County communications and details the calls surrounding the day the 15-year-old was reported missing.

Some of the calls regard domestic disputes but the first day that caught Channel 9's interest was July 29.

On that night around 11:50 p.m, the report states that a deputy should see Scott Parsons, who is Erica's uncle, in the Salisbury police department lobby about a "kidnapping and homicide."

The log continues with a line telling an officer to contact Iredell County and Mooresville police about locating Carolyn Parsons, who is Erica's biological mother.

That log had no mention of Erica's adoptive parents, Casey and Sandy Parsons, who she lived with.

But the next day, July 30, a report from just before 6 p.m., mentions the Department of Social Services saying the agency wanted a deputy to respond out regarding a child abuse case they just accepted.

About an hour later around 7 p.m., an entry was made in the 911 report, saying, "A deputy went to the house with a DSS agent and assisted with an interview with the father there who 'acted as if he did not know any information on the whereabouts of the 16-year-old girl in question.'"

The log goes on to say the father said his wife had all the information on her and she was at a Jonas Brothers concert and would be home later.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/police-logs-shed-new-light-day-erica-parsons-was-r/nbGJb/
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:05 am

FBI returns to Parsonses' home with bloodhounds

by TONY BURBECK / NBC Charlotte
Posted on October 22, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Updated today at 7:01 PM

SALISBURY, N.C. -- FBI investigators returned to the home of Erica Parsons' adoptive parents Tuesday afternoon with at least one bloodhound assisting in the search.

A spot of interest appeared to be in the backyard next to the Parsonses garage, near a fence.

Neighbors said that is the location where they often saw Sandy Parsons using a cast iron wood burning stove late at night.

Investigators arrived around 2:45 p.m. One bloodhound went through the yard and appeared to focus on the spot in the back. It's the same spot where investigators used a prod to poke into the ground, as if testing the soil.

The FBI isn't saying anything about the search, other than using dogs is an investigative tool to help find missing teen Erica Parsons. Investigators previously went over the house for about 12 hours back in August while executing a search warrant.

At that time they left with several items including electronics and red stains on walls they were testing for blood. The results of those tests aren't known.

Tuesday it appeared they didn't remove anything from the property that NBC Charlotte could see.

Investigators also searched William Parsons’ property Monday. He says they stayed on scene for about an hour then, but did not search his shed, which they previously took evidence from.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/searching-for-erica/FBI-returns-to-Parsonses-home-with-bloodhounds-228811001.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:37 pm

Parsonses' children remain in family member's custody

by RAD BERKY / NBC Charlotte
Posted on December 4, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Updated yesterday at 7:12 PM

SALISBURY, N.C. -- A judge in Salisbury has ruled that the two minor children of Sandy and Casey Parsons not to be returned to them until another hearing is held in juvenile court in January.

That is good news to Angela Laubsther, the great aunt of Erica Parsons, who was just reported as missing last summer after having been gone for two years.

"Well we feel good that the kids are going to get to stay where they are," Laubsther said.

The two minor children of Sandy and Casey were removed by the Department of Social Services last summer after Erica was first reported missing.

The children were placed in the custody of Shirley Stone, the mother of Casey Parsons.

Stone testified on this, the last day of the hearing, which is being held behind closed doors because the children are both juveniles.

Later, outside, she said, "I just want what is best for them and I do think that will be best with me."

Investigators have said they do not believe Sandy and Casey's story of turning over Erica to a family relative in Asheville is true.

After the hearing, Laubsther said it is difficult to have half the family pitted against the other.

"It’s very hard because we are all family. We love them and we care about them. We just wish they would let us know where Erica is.

Sandy and Casey Parsons left the courthouse without saying anything.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/searching-for-erica/Court-rules-Parsonses-will-not-regain-custody-of-children-234501481.html

mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:26 am

Searching for Erica

Report: Possible human remains found in Parsons case
ERICA PARSONS - 13 yo - (2011) - Salisbury, NC RB_erica_082113_11p
by WCNC.com staff

Posted on December 24, 2013 at 7:17 AM

Updated today at 10:43 AM

SALISBURY, N.C. -- There are new developments in the search for a missing Rowan County teenager.

Cadaver dogs indicated the possible presence of human remains at the property of Erica Parsons' adoptive grandfather, the Salisbury Post reports.

The paper says documents returned to the court Monday show cadaver dogs alerted handlers on two separate occasions to something at the red storage shed on the property.

The shed was owned by Erica’s adoptive parents, Sandy and Casey Parsons.

Erica was first reported missing by her brother over summer, but hasn’t been seen since November 2011.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/searching-for-erica/Report-Cadaver-dogs--237138481.html
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:37 pm

(Still waiting for test results.)
FBI: Parsons investigation "absolutely active and ongoing"
Posted: Jan 08, 2014 9:52 AM EST Updated: Jan 08, 2014 1:47 PM EST

Her name hasn't been in the headlines lately and her face hasn't been on a lot of television screens, but those who are trying to find Erica Parsons and discover what happened to her two years ago are still working hard on the case.

The Rowan Sheriff's Office, SBI, and FBI have been working together ever since the case came to the attention of law enforcement in July.

Erica Parsons was reported missing by her adoptive brother in July, but hasn't actually been seen in more than two years. And in spite of the investigation and national media attention, there has been no sign of the girl.

In reply to an inquiry by WBTV on Wednesday morning, a spokesperson with the FBI wrote that "Our joint investigation with the Rowan County Sheriff's Office is absolutely active and ongoing at this time. We are continuing to follow leads and using a variety of investigative tools to locate Erica."

"We always welcome hearing from anyone who saw Erica to try to help us build an even more accurate timeline of when she was last seen."

In recent weeks investigators have told WBTV that they are still waiting on test results from evidence that was seized during searches of the Parsons former home on Miller Chapel Road, and the property of Sandy Parsons family members in China Grove.

Anyone with information on the case is asked to contact the Rowan Sheriff's Office at 704-216-8700.

A combined reward of $15,000 is available.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/24394212/fbi-parsons-investigation-absolutely-active-and-ongoing
ladibug
ladibug

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:12 pm

FBI on Parsons case: Nan does not exist

by TONY BURBECK / NBC Charlotte
Posted on January 30, 2014 at 9:32 AM
Updated Friday, Jan 31 at 5:37 AM

SALISBURY, N.C. -- Investigators working the ongoing Erica Parsons missing person case offered strong accusations and a lot of reward money Thursday hoping it will provide new clues that lead to the Rowan County teen.

The FBI announced it is offering up to a $25,000 reward for information leading to the location or return of Erica. The Rowan County Sheriff's Office previously announced a $10,000 dollar reward, which now brings the total to $35,000.

"It is clear Casey and Sandy Parsons have not been truthful with the information that would lead us to the whereabouts to find Erica. We know there is someone out there who can help us though. Now is the time to come forward," Rowan County Sheriff Kevin Auten said during an afternoon news conference. Investigators did not answer questions from reporters.

The nearly two-year time gap from when Erica was last seen at home until she was reported missing poses several road blocks that have been hard to overcome, investigators said.

Hundreds of tips, multiple interviews, property searches and evidence seizures have not produced Erica, who is considered a missing person.

Investigators are upping the reward money hope cash equals tips.

Erica's adoptive parents Casey and Sandy Parsons say in late 2011, Erica went to live with a woman named "Nan," who they thought was Erica's biological grandmother, and someone they met in person a couple of times.

"We know Erica did not go to live with Irene Goodman, which has previously been reported. I can tell you Nan just doesn't exist," said FBI Assistant Special Agent in Charge Deron Roberts.

The Parsons say they're not lying. Instead, they are telling investigators what "Nan" told them - and if anyone is lying it's her.

Investigators hope anyone who came in contact with the Parsons around that timeframe could be they key to solving Erica's disappearance.

"It could be family. It could be medical providers, local store employees. Any sighting of Erica or any action with the Parsons family in November, 2011 could provide the clues we need to locate her," Auten said.

This is Casey Parsons' response to the FBI announcing an increase in the reward money:

"I think this is excellent. I am very excited to hear this. You have made my day with this announcement, thanks."

http://www.wcnc.com/news/searching-for-erica/Additional-reward-to-be-offered-in-Erica-Parsons-case-242753401.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:34 am

Adoptive Parents Of Missing Teen Erica Parsons Face Ultimatum
Posted: 01/17/2014 1:19 pm EST Updated: 01/25/2014 4:01 pm EST
A North Carolina judge has issued an ultimatum to the adoptive parents of missing North Carolina teen Erica Parsons –- speak up or kiss your children goodbye.

The stipulation was made during a Thursday hearing on the custody of Casey and Sandy Parsons' 9-year-old daughter and 7-year-old son.

The Rowan County judge overseeing the proceeding said the couple must be able to explain what happened to Erica, without prompting criminal charges, if they want to regain custody of their younger children. Until that is done, the children will remain with family members, according to WSOC TV.

The Parsons did not speak with reporters after the hearing, but a relieved family member did speak out.

"We're just relieved that the kids are staying with their aunt and that things are just the same. Nothing has changed. It's just like it was, so that was a relief for the whole family," Angela Laubscher, an aunt, told reporters after the hearing.

The children were removed from the Parson family Salisbury home in July, when their adopted 15-year-old daughter, Erica, was reported missing by her older adopted brother.

Sandy and Casey Parsons told authorities they have not seen Erica since November 2011. The couple said the girl, then 13, went to Asheville to spend Christmas with her biological grandmother. They said she called them two months later and said she was not coming back. The couple said they supported the girl's decision.

The Rowan County Sheriff's Office said the information provided to them by Sandy and Casey Parsons is questionable. Family members, who investigators have spoken with, allegedly claim the grandmother in question has been dead for several years. It's also been alleged that the couple "routinely abused Erica both mentally and physically," police said.

Search warrants served in the case indicate the Parsonses continued cashing support payments for Erica after she left their home.

The investigation is ongoing.

Police are asking anyone with information to call detectives at 704-216-8700 or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-The-Lost.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/17/erica-parsons-update_n_4617740.html
ladibug
ladibug

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Fri May 16, 2014 7:43 pm

Adoptive parents of missing teen Erica Parsons in court over custody battle

By: Caroline Vandergriff
05/15/2014 06:06 PM

CHARLOTTE- The adoptive parents of Erica Parsons are continuing their efforts to regain custody of their two youngest children.

Sandy and Casey Parsons appeared in a Rowan County juvenile court Thursday. They are fighting to get their two youngest children back, who were taken by DSS after Erica's disappearance.

Erica Parson was first reported missing last summer, but she hasn't been seen since late 2011.

Neither Casey or Sandy Parsons commented on what happened in court on Thursday. Angela Laubscher, Casey's aunt, said a judge decided the children will continue to stay with their grandparents for now.

Laubscher is optimistic the Parsons will regain custody.

"The judge was very clear that reunification is still in the process," said Laubscher.

However, several of Erica's advocates aren't sure the Parsons should get custody again.

"If you have a child missing, you don't need another child," said Cathy Rhodes. She is one of three women who started an online petition this week to help find Erica. "You need to come up with an explanation as to where that child is. You need to be out looking."

Rhodes hopes the petition pushes Gov. Pat McCrory to get involved in the case.

"Erica needs a voice," said Rhodes. "Erica needs to be found. Someone needs to answer."

No one has been charged yet in Erica's disappearance.

Laubscher said it's been a tough year for her family, but they're focusing on what's best for the Parson children.

"We'll always have hope for Erica, but right now we have to kind of consider Toby and Sadie, who are still here," Lauscher said. "We have to get justice for them."

In just 48 hours, the petition to help find Erica Parsons has received more than 250 signatures.

http://centralnc.twcnews.com/content/news/707759/adoptive-parents-of-missing-teen-erica-parsons-in-court-over-custody-battle#sthash.sUZpkoYO.OsBAMnTg.dpuf
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:33 pm

Lead detective in Parson’s case leaves Sheriff’s Office

Posted: 5:31 p.m. Tuesday, June 24, 2014
By Kathryn Burcham

ROWAN COUNTY, N.C. — Family members of a missing Rowan County teenager said they are losing hope after the lead detective on the case resigned from the Sheriff's Office.

In a Facebook post dated June 20, Detective Clint Mauldin said he was leaving his position at the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office after nine years to take a job in the banking industry.

Mauldin was the lead detective in the disappearance of Erica Parsons who was reported missing by her adoptive brother in July 2013.

Erica Parson’s adoptive aunts told Channel 9 in the past few days they had called for updates on the case and been transferred to Mauldin's voicemail but were never notified he had accepted a new job.

"No one called and told us. I saw it on Facebook yesterday. I've tried to reach out to him several times and left several messages but have never heard back from him," said Tammy Gray.

Another aunt, Robin Ashley, said she is worried the trail will grow cold and that an arrest will never be made.

"I feel betrayed. Let us know what you're doing. Tell us," Ashley said.

In a statement, the Rowan County Sheriff's Office said, "Detective Mauldin did accept a job in the banking industry as of last week, but he does remain with the Rowan County Sheriff's Office as an active reserve officer and is available to us as this investigation continues. First Lt. Chad Moose and investigator Sara Benfield have worked hand in hand with investigator Mauldin from the first day that the investigation into Erica's disappearance began. Their first-hand knowledge of this case will allow the investigation to proceed in a seamless manner.

"As you are aware, agents of the (N.C. State Bureau of Investigation) and agents of the FBI are also very much involved in the investigation of Erica's disappearance. Work by all of the law enforcement partners continues on this case at many different levels. With your experience of law enforcement investigations, I am sure you know that the investigation of a case of this magnitude never rests on the shoulders of one person."

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/lead-detective-parsons-case-leaves-sheriffs-office/ngRp2/
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:21 pm

Erica Parsons' Mom: Her Name and Story Need To Be Brought Back To Life

Posted: Jul 17, 2014 11:58 AM CDT
Updated: Jul 17, 2014 12:08 PM CDT

Erica Parson’s biological mother, Carolyn Parsons, says she feels like her daughter’s case has been forgotten, not intentionally, but as the one year anniversary of the date when Erica was reported missing draws near, Carolyn vows to bring the case back into the spotlight. Carolyn Parsons said, “Erica has no voice.” Then she quickly said, referring to herself, “Well, yes she does.”

Carolyn Parsons has recently moved back to Rowan County after living in Louisiana for about the last nine months. Carolyn plans to remain in the area until she finds out what happened to her daughter. She’s planning a candlelight vigil for Erica on August 1 at Granite Lake Park in Granite Quarry from 7-9 p.m.

Erica was 13 years old when she last seen in November 2011. But she wasn't reported missing for more than a year and a half after she was last seen. Casey and Sandy Parsons who had custody of Erica claimed they sent her to live with her biological grandmother, a woman they called Nan. But authorities say there's no such person, and Carolyn backs them up. Carolyn Parsons said, “My biological mother's been dead since 1996 of a massive heart attack in Texas. Erica's daddy's mom died in 2005 in a nursing home in Kannapolis. There is no Nan. They're made up people.”

July 30 marks the one year anniversary of when Erica was reported missing by her adoptive brother. Carolyn Parsons said, “Her name and her face and her story need to be brought back to life.”

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/26045016/erica-parsons-mom-her-name-and-story-need-to-be-brought-back-to-life
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:53 am

I never understood why Sandra and Casey Parsons were't at least charge with major neglect leading to possible death or something that would have kept them in jail a very long time. You just can't "lose" a child that has never been found and not be held accountable. There's one poor woman who let her 9 year old play in the park (instead of being bored in McDonalds) while she worked and she is in all kinds of trouble and may not regain custody....a lot of other cases similar, and yet these two will probably get their kids back. Until they fess up to what happened to Erica they should sit in a cell. JMO of course.
ladibug
ladibug

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:47 am

Feds interview adoptive parents of missing Rowan Co. teen

Posted: 4:36 p.m. Friday, July 18, 2014
By Kathryn Burcham

ROWAN COUNTY, N.C. — Channel 9 learned FBI agents continue to interview the adoptive parents of a missing Rowan County teenager and they are also tailing the couple’s movements.

Carlyle Sherill, the attorney for Casey and Sandy Parsons, confirmed to Channel 9 that Tuesday night his clients were questioned for hours by at least six FBI agents.

Sherill said the agents also interviewed the Parsons' daughter, Brook Parsons, but would not comment on the nature of the questions.

Sherill said Tuesday afternoon, Casey Parsons first called him to complain about being tracked by FBI agents in her new home town of Fayetteville, North Carolina.

The Parsons moved to the eastern part of the state in August 2013 to avoid intense media scrutiny after their adopted daughter, Erica Parsons, was reported missing by her adoptive brother, Jamie.

A vigil is planned on Aug. 1 to mark the one year anniversary of the day Erica was reported missing.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/feds-interview-adoptive-parents-mission-rowan-co-t/ngh67/
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:11 am

kisses Thanks mom for the post! That's so good to hear that the FBI is taking Erica's disappearance seriously.
ladibug
ladibug

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:13 pm

CLICK: RAW INTERVIEW: Casey Parsons

http://www.wbtv.com/Clip/10401740/raw-interview-casey-parsons
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next