Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SHEILA MARIE EVANS - 3 yo - (1993) / Convicted: Ronald Phillips, mothers boyfriend - Akron, OH

4 posters

Go down

SHEILA MARIE EVANS - 3 yo - (1993) / Convicted: Ronald Phillips, mothers boyfriend - Akron, OH Empty SHEILA MARIE EVANS - 3 yo - (1993) / Convicted: Ronald Phillips, mothers boyfriend - Akron, OH

Post by willcarney Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:31 pm

Rapist and murderer of his girlfriend's 3-year-old daughter will be put to death by the state of Ohio with untried lethal injection
Columbus, Ohio will use an untried-dose of two drugs to put to death a condemned inmate who raped and killed his girlfriend's 3-year-old daughter, the state prisons agency said on Monday.

A warden determined the Southern Ohio Correctional Facility doesn't have enough pentobarbital, the drug Ohio formerly used until its manufacturer put it off-limits for executions, Department of Rehabilitation and Correction spokeswoman JoEllen Smith said in an email.

Instead, the state will use an intravenous combination of midazolam, a sedative, and hydromorphone, a painkiller, in the Nov. 14 execution of Ronald Phillips of Akron.

Those drugs are included in Ohio's untested backup execution method, which requires them to be injected directly into an inmate's muscle. No state has put a prisoner to death with those drugs in any fashion.

Phillips, 40, was sentenced to death for killing Sheila Marie Evans in 1993 after a long period of abusing her.

SHEILA MARIE EVANS - 3 yo - (1993) / Convicted: Ronald Phillips, mothers boyfriend - Akron, OH Article-2478494-190B63B200000578-777_306x423
Ronald Phillips, 40, will be executed by Columbus, Ohio with an alternative form of lethal injection

Ohio's revamped execution policy calls for it to try to buy specialty batches of pentobarbital from compounding pharmacies, which mix individual doses of drugs for specific patients. If that fails, the policy calls for the use of the two-drug approach.

A plan by Georgia to use a similar specialty batch of pentobarbital has been put on hold by a federal lawsuit challenging the state prison agency's refusal to identify the compounding pharmacy that provided the drug.

The lawsuit also questions the drug's safety and effectiveness.

Compounding pharmacies are under increased scrutiny following last year's meningitis outbreak that killed more than 60 people and sickened hundreds and was linked to contaminated ingredients at the New England Compounding Center in Massachusetts.

Phillips' lawyers have pushed for mercy for Phillips, arguing he was raped and beaten by his late father as a child and grew up in a chaotic, filthy environment.

The state says Phillips long denied suffering such abuse and raised it only as his execution became imminent.

SHEILA MARIE EVANS - 3 yo - (1993) / Convicted: Ronald Phillips, mothers boyfriend - Akron, OH Article-2478494-190B653000000578-797_634x426
Phillips will be injected with a never before used combination of an intravenous combination of midazolam, a sedative, and hydromorphone, a painkiller

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2478494/Murderer-rapist-girlfriends-3-year-old-child-death-state-Ohio-untried-lethal-injection.html

Justice sure took long enough.  At least Ohio has the death penalty and uses it for monsters like this.  William
willcarney
willcarney
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : NEVER assume your child is safe, KNOW.

Back to top Go down

SHEILA MARIE EVANS - 3 yo - (1993) / Convicted: Ronald Phillips, mothers boyfriend - Akron, OH Empty Re: SHEILA MARIE EVANS - 3 yo - (1993) / Convicted: Ronald Phillips, mothers boyfriend - Akron, OH

Post by willcarney Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:39 pm

Her mother was also convicted for not stopping him.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2008/05/28/mother-in-jail-for-role-in-3-year-old-daughter-death-wants-early-release/
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

SHEILA MARIE EVANS - 3 yo - (1993) / Convicted: Ronald Phillips, mothers boyfriend - Akron, OH Empty Re: SHEILA MARIE EVANS - 3 yo - (1993) / Convicted: Ronald Phillips, mothers boyfriend - Akron, OH

Post by willcarney Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:31 pm

Governor denies clemency for Akron man who killed 3-year-old
WKYC Staff, WKYC 3:12 p.m. EST November 7, 2013

COLUMBUS -- Gov. John R. Kasich has denied a request for executive clemency for Ronald Phillips, who was convicted of the aggravated murder of Sheila Marie Evans, 3, on Jan. 18, 1993, in Akron. Evans was his girlfriend's daughter.

Phillips, 40, is scheduled to be executed on Nov. 14 at the Southern Ohio Correctional Facility in Lucasville. His scheduled execution by lethal injection with a drug combination never used before in the U.S.

On Oct. 24, the Ohio Parole Board unanimously recommended against clemency for Phillips.

A federal judge earlier Thursday also declined to block the execution. In his defense, attorneys for Phillips argued he was sexually, physically and verbally abused as a child. The state said Phillips long denied being abused and raised the issue only as his execution was imminent.

http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/local/2013/11/07/governor-denies-clemency-for-akron-man-who-killed-3-year-old/3468001/

This is true justice.  Kill a child, lose your life.  William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:58 pm

Has anyone found a picture of little Sheila? I have not been able to find on so far. William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by tinalovesnick Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:40 pm

I'm on my phone, maybe you can post it. What this monster did to this baby is horrifying.

http://www.naebunny.net/~mommylemur/?p=2242
tinalovesnick
tinalovesnick
Pizza Delivery! Ding Dong!

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:20 am

Phillips will be injected with a never before used combination of an intravenous combination of midazolam, a sedative, and hydromorphone, a painkiller
Too bad little Sheila didn't have painkillers.  What a disgusting POS this man and his victim's mother are.  This is so sad an evil it would make a scarecrow cry. 

Another POS mother.  Another POS man.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:21 am

SHEILA MARIE EVANS - 3 yo - (1993) / Convicted: Ronald Phillips, mothers boyfriend - Akron, OH Sheila-evans
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:24 am

Florida recently executed a man and used new and different drugs to do it.  He's just as dead as under the old method.

What chaps my hide is these monsters whining about how cruel and unusual the punishment is.  None of them die under the cruel and unusual, monstrous, horrifying circumstances their victims did.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:27 am

The Original Musings

Accept no substitutes!

What goes around comes around

Or … You get what you give

Or … They that plow iniquity, and sow wickedness, reap the same (Job 4:8, kjv).

I could keep going, but I think my point is made: call it karma. No doubt you’re now wondering to whom the point is directed. Becky M. knows, she’s the one who tipped me to the story — thanks, Becky!

This one is long, and it’s ugly. If you haven’t eaten, you’ll probably lose your appetite. If you have, you’re apt to lose your lunch.
On the morning of January 18, 1993, 19-year old Ronald Phillips called his girlfriend’s daughters (Sara, 29 months and Sheila, 3 years) to breakfast. His girlfriend, 26-year old Fae Evans, was at the family doctor for a routine checkup on their infant son, Ronald, Jr.

When Fae returned from the appointment, she found her boyfriend sitting in the kitchen. After they talked for a few moments, she called her daughters. Neither responded, nor did they come to her. She got up and went to find out why. As she walked into their bedroom, her boyfriend went past her and “found” Sheila lying on her bed motionless, pale and cold. He then lifted Sheila and carried her downstairs to his grandmother’s apartment. His grandmother, Hazel Phillips called 911 and reported that Sheila was not breathing. She relayed instructions on performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation to Ronald, who attempted to revive Sheila until medical assistance arrived less than four minutes later. They immediately transported her to Akron’s Children’s Hospital.
Upon her arrival at the emergency room, Sheila was not breathing and had no pulse. The first physician to examine Sheila noted that she had multiple bruises on her torso, a distended stomach, apparent internal abdominal injuries, and a stretched anus with some acute, recent changes. The medical team continued cardiopulmonary resuscitation and were eventually able to obtain a pulse. Sheila was transported to the operating room after an hour in the emergency room. A surgeon performed emergency abdominal surgery, which revealed that Sheila’s abdominal cavity was filled with a significant amount of free air and blood, and that a portion of her intestine, the duodenum, was perforated and gangrenous. The surgeon removed the dead portion of the intestine, and attempted to control the internal bleeding. He determined that the injury to the duodenum had been inflicted at least two days prior to Sheila’s admission into the hospital. Despite the significant medical efforts performed at Children’s Hospital, Sheila died later that day.

On January 19, 1993, the Summit County Coroner, conducted an autopsy on Sheila. During his external examination of Sheila, the coroner documented 139 bruises, of which 129 were identified as acute injures that had been inflicted within a few hours of death. The bruising indicated that Sheila had been severely beaten about her head, face, upper and lower torso, arms, legs, and genitalia. He also detailed that the blows to Sheila’s abdomen had resulted in severe internal trauma, including hemorrhaging in her stomach, intestine and other internal organs. He examined the section of Sheila’s bowel that had been surgically removed, and determined that the injury to the duodenum had occurred approximately forty-eight hours prior to her death. During that forty-eight-hour period, Sheila would have suffered from intense abdominal pain, an inability to eat, vomiting, a high temperature, and listlessness. The beating Sheila suffered on the morning of January 18, 1993 caused the already necrotic and gangrenous duodenum to rupture. He concluded that Sheila died as a result of cardiovascular collapse stemming from the severe blunt force trauma to her abdomen and the numerous related complications. Also during the autopsy, the coroner discovered evidence of acute anal penetration. Based upon the presence of contusions and lacerations, he determined that Sheila had sustained repetitive anal penetrations over a period of time, and that the most recent anal trauma had occurred sometime during the morning of January 18, 1993. Given the absence of abrasions within the rectum, he determined that Sheila had been anally penetrated by a penis rather than by a finger or some other foreign object.

On the day that Sheila died, Ron admitted to the police that on Friday, January 15, 1993, or Saturday, January 16, 1993, he had spanked Sheila three times with an open hand. After the spanking, he said he noticed bruises on the girl’s bottom, which surprised him. He said, “I really didn’t think I spanked her that hard but I told Fae I would not do it any more.” He said that Sheila had been sick all weekend, with severe vomiting and diarrhea. He also admitted that Sheila had been injured on several previous occasions. He recalled one incident in which Sheila fell on a railroad spike which penetrated either her vagina or anus. On another occasion, he claimed that Sheila hurt her “vagina and stomach area” when she jumped from a dresser to a bed and struck the corner of the bed. Sheila bruised her eye and cut her lip when she fell down a flight of stairs. He denied having ever touched Sheila or Sara in their “private areas.” At some point during the interview, he was informed that Sheila had died and he was again asked what had happened to Sheila. Ron said that the night before Sheila’s death, he had observed Evans in the girls’ bedroom standing over Sheila with both fists clenched after hearing Sheila scream, “Don’t beat me.” Although police didn’t buy his story, he was permitted to leave after questioning.

The next day, Wednesday, January 19, 1993, he called the police station in order to speak with the detectives who were investigating Sheila’s death. The detective assigned to the case was attending Sheila’s autopsy at the time. The next morning, the detective and his supervisor went and picked Ron up and brought him back to the police station so that he could share whatever additional information he wished to convey. He then repeated the same information he had previously given. The detectives questioned why he had telephoned them if he simply wanted to reiterate his earlier statement. They also informed him that the coroner had performed an autopsy on Sheila, and they therefore already knew everything that had happened to her. At that point, Ron asked the supervisor to leave the room so that he could speak with the detective alone. Once they were alone, Ron told the detective “I don’t want to go to jail, I don’t want to get pumped in the butt.” The detective told him not everyone who gets arrested goes to prison, and that without knowing what Ron wanted to say, he couldn’t promise him anything other than to tell the prosecutor that Ron had cooperated. At that point the floodgates opened.

Ron said that he had called the girls to breakfast shortly after Fae and the baby left. When the girls did not respond to Philips’ calling them three different times, he went into the bedroom to find out why. He confessed to police that he “lost it” — he said he pulled the covers off Sheila, and began hitting her, throwing her against the walls and dragging her by her hair. During the beating, he claimed he noticed that Sheila was not wearing underwear, which caused him to become sexually aroused. After beating her, he stated he put Vaseline on her anus and inserted his fingers. He admitted that he thought about anally penetrating the three-year-old girl with his penis on that morning, but he denied doing so. He did confess to anally penetrating Sheila with his penis on two prior occasions, but claimed that Sheila’s mom had *paid him* to perform those acts. Toward the end of the approximately three hour interview, he voluntarily prepared a handwritten statement detailing the events to which he had verbally confessed. Shortly after he completed the written statement, he was arrested.

Sheila had spent the weekend prior to her final beating and rape in agony, vomiting with extreme diarrhea. During that time, her mother had sought no medical attention, even though something was clearly wrong with the little girl. In fact, she had taken the
youngest child to the doctor and hadn’t even thought to bring Sheila along for a quick glance. If she had, Sheila’s injuries could still have been treated at that point and she most likely would have fully recovered. But Fae was worried about taking Sheila to the doctor. Fae was worried about what the doctor would say about Sheila’s injuries. She was worried the doctor might call the authorities and they might take her away. So she left Sheila at home with her abuser to suffer the final beating and rape that would cause her intestine to rupture and result in her death.

SHEILA MARIE EVANS - 3 yo - (1993) / Convicted: Ronald Phillips, mothers boyfriend - Akron, OH Sheila-evans
At her funeral, a relative remarked that horrible as it sounded, the baby was probably better off dead, because at least they couldn’t hurt her anymore. I’m sorry to say I have to agree with him.

What really sickens me is the thought of all the relatives who must have seen her walking around bruised, who did nothing about it. Maybe if one of them had spoken up, this story would have had a different ending.

At his trial, Ronald Philips was found guilty of aggravated murder. He is currently on Ohio’s Death Row, awaiting eventual execution. He is, of course, appealing his conviction. You can read his appeal online.

Fae Evans was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter and child endangerment. She was sentenced to 13 to 30 years in prison.
At her first parole hearing two years ago, she was turned down for early release. Fae is now fighting for release because she has terminal cancer. She says she shouldn’t have to die in prison.

At first, the parole board agreed and set a release date in early June. When the Summit Country Prosecutor found out, she hit the roof and requested a stay while the matter went to trial which is set for mid-July. She’s currently in the hospital under guard.

Personally, I think they should take her back and let her rot in prison. Her little girl didn’t deserve to die where she died, either.

An online poll attached to this article on MyFox Cleveland is running 97.74% against her release. There’s a short video on that page also, showing an interview with the Prosecutor. FOX News has more also.

http://www.naebunny.net/~mommylemur/?p=2242
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:48 pm

She was adorable. At least now she is getting justice. Her mother was also sent to prison for allowing the abuse. I think her mother wanted to get out early but the DA fought it and she later died in prison due to cancer or something, 2008 maybe.

willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:23 am

Fae was tried and convicted of involuntary manslaughter and child endangering and received a 13 to 30 year sentence.  She died of leukemia while in prison on July 8, 2008.
Good.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:03 pm

This is a link to his appeal for clemency.  He had an unhappy childhood, was mistreated, etc.  Same old crap. 

It's 29 pages long so you might not want to read all of it.  He gets no sympathy from me, he is a monster who should have been executed years ago.

He's a whiner. He didn't show poor little Sheila any mercy.  The things he did to her are unbelievable.  I still can't believe the stepmother went along with this.  This is too horrible for words and I pray he is executed on schedule this Thursday.

http://www.drc.ohio.gov/public/Clemency_phill...
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by tinalovesnick Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:38 pm

I read it. How come his brothers and sisters didn't do anything as awful as him? We should feel pity for him? If he were a victim, he WOULD know right from wrong when he was abusing, raping, and murdering Shelia. He wouldn't have hidden his actions from anyone and he also wouldn't have stopped with just her. I will be one happy camper on Thursday when he gets put down like the dirty dog he is.
tinalovesnick
tinalovesnick

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:53 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2507015/Ronald-Phillips-execution-delayed-EIGHT-MONTHS-allow-organ-donation.html

Does look he gets a stay for awhile.  I really think it's just a ploy to extend.  If he had really wanted to give his mother his kidney he would have done it long ago.  William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lollypopgirl17 Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:43 pm

The story of Sheila Marie Evans breaks my heart. She was beautiful and I'm so very sorry about what happened to her. Does anyone know if there are any more pictures online of this precious little girl? Whatever happened to her younger siblings and are they doing well these days?

I can't believe anyone would do this to a baby. And the evil, disgusting thing that did it is still alive today! Good that her poor excuse of a mother is no longer on this earth. How could she have allowed that to happen to her child? Why did she stay with a monster who I'm sure she knew was sexually abusing and torturing her child. Hopefully she's still paying the price in the after-life....and he will too one day.

Lollypopgirl17
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:54 pm

The one picture posted previously is the only one found.  :(

The mother did know and was sent to prison for it.  
Her mother died in prison and faces God's judgment as will he in time.

"The little girl’s mother, who reportedly held the child down while Phillips raped her, got 30 years for involuntary manslaughter and child endangering." From another article.
William

Last edited by willcarney on Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added quote)
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:53 pm

Lollypopgirl17 wrote:The story of Sheila Marie Evans breaks my heart.  She was beautiful and I'm so very sorry about what happened to her.  Does anyone know if there are any more pictures online of this precious little girl?  Whatever happened to her younger siblings and are they doing well these days?

I can't believe anyone would do this to a baby.  And the evil, disgusting thing that did it is still alive today!  Good that her poor excuse of a mother is no longer on this earth.  How could she have allowed that to happen to her child?  Why did she stay with a monster who I'm sure she knew was sexually abusing and torturing her child.  Hopefully she's still paying the price in the after-life....and he will too one day.
I posted the only pic I could locate of this poor little angel. 

I'm so disgusted that he still lives on after what he did to beautiful little Sheila.   Karma bit her mother and it will soon be time for Phillips to keep his appointment in hell.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down