Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ASHLEY CARPENTER and DAVID KOHLER-CARPENTER - 18 and 14 yo - Barberton, OH

2 posters

Go down

ASHLEY CARPENTER and DAVID KOHLER-CARPENTER - 18 and 14 yo - Barberton, OH Empty ASHLEY CARPENTER and DAVID KOHLER-CARPENTER - 18 and 14 yo - Barberton, OH

Post by twinkletoes Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:36 pm

BARBERTON: Teens murdered during home invasion, adults shot but alive

ASHLEY CARPENTER and DAVID KOHLER-CARPENTER - 18 and 14 yo - Barberton, OH 24341839_BG3
18-year-old Ashley Carpenter (Source: Facebook)
ASHLEY CARPENTER and DAVID KOHLER-CARPENTER - 18 and 14 yo - Barberton, OH 24341839_BG4
14-year-old David Kohler-Carpenter
ASHLEY CARPENTER and DAVID KOHLER-CARPENTER - 18 and 14 yo - Barberton, OH 24341839_BG2
John Kohler & his girlfriend Ronda Blankenship

BARBERTON, OH (WOIO) -

[*]

Two teenagers were killed during an armed robbery at a home at 329 7th St. NE around 6:50 p.m. on New Years Eve.

Two other victims, the father of the teenagers and his girlfriend, were shot, but survived.   John Kohler, 42, and Rhonda Blankenship, 38, are being treated at an Akron Hospital.

The teens have been identified as 18-year-old Ashley Carpenter and 14-year-old David Kohler-Carpenter.

The Summit County Medical Examiner will do their autopsies on Thursday.

Barberton Police say the unknown suspects remain on the run.

Anyone with information on this crime is asked to contact the Barberton Detective Bureau at 330-848-6709 or Summit County Crimestoppers at 330-434-COPS (2677).

http://www.19actionnews.com/story/24341839/barberton-siblings-murdered-during-armed-robbery

twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

ASHLEY CARPENTER and DAVID KOHLER-CARPENTER - 18 and 14 yo - Barberton, OH Empty Re: ASHLEY CARPENTER and DAVID KOHLER-CARPENTER - 18 and 14 yo - Barberton, OH

Post by twinkletoes Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:04 pm

Mother of murdered Barberton teens David and Ashley Carpernter begs for justice

Summit County Crimestoppers offers $2,000 reward

Jan 2, 2014
5 hours ago

ASHLEY CARPENTER and DAVID KOHLER-CARPENTER - 18 and 14 yo - Barberton, OH Families_of_the_Victims_1216930000_1747768_ver1.0_640_480

ASHLEY CARPENTER and DAVID KOHLER-CARPENTER - 18 and 14 yo - Barberton, OH Ruth_Fullmer_Interview_1216540000_1747054_ver1.0_640_480

ASHLEY CARPENTER and DAVID KOHLER-CARPENTER - 18 and 14 yo - Barberton, OH Barberton_Latest_1216870000_1747070_ver1.0_640_480

ASHLEY CARPENTER and DAVID KOHLER-CARPENTER - 18 and 14 yo - Barberton, OH 00000000000000000000000000000000000000barberton%20teeen%20killed_1388618902384_1741771_ver1.0_640_480

ASHLEY CARPENTER and DAVID KOHLER-CARPENTER - 18 and 14 yo - Barberton, OH 00000000000000000000000000000000000000barberton%20shooting_1388659674800_1742691_ver1.0_640_480

Two mothers talk about the pain they are going through after four people were shoot in Barberton.

BARBERTON, Ohio - Leiha Carpenter stood outside of her Barberton home, gazed at pictures of her children on her cell phone and the grim reality seemed to take hold.

"This is really real," she said through her tears.

Her daughter, Ashley Carpenter, 18, and son, David Kohler Carpenter, 14, were shot to death during an apparent robbery on New Year's Eve inside a home on Seventh Street Northeast.

"All I know is I'm on my way to the funeral home to make arrangements for my kids, my babies," Leiha Carpenter said.

Ashley was a senior at Barberton High School. She was in the marching band and planned to get married after graduation.

David was in middle school. He loved to play football with his friends and planned to follow his sister's footsteps into the marching band next year.

Family members are wearing purple ribbons in memory of the murdered siblings. Relatives also set up an account through gofundme.com to help with funeral expenses.

"I have to live the rest of my life without them. This bastard needs to be found and I suggest they find him before my family does," Leiha Carpenter said.

The shootings happened inside the home of John Kohler, who is David's father and Ashley's stepfather.

He was also shot and remains in critical condition at an Akron hospital, police said.

John Kohler's girlfriend, Ronda Blankenship, also sustained a gunshot wound to the head, but she managed to call for help. On the 911 call, Blankenship can be heard repeatedly gasping for help.

Her mother, Ruth Fullmer, said Blankenship may lose an eye, but is expected to survive and doesn't appear to have brain damage.

"I can't sleep much because (of) thinking of Ronda fighting for her life that night with a gun in her face and fight for her life now," Fullmer said.

Marty Eberhart, public information officer for Barberton police, said detectives have been working non-stop trying to solve the shootings that have shocked the community.

"You have two innocent children that were brutally shot for no apparent reason," Eberhart said.

Detectives said they have only a few leads and no suspects at this time. They're urging the public to call with any possible clues.
Police are working on the theory that robbery was the motive, but they won't reveal why.

"I can't get into the theory on exactly what motive-type of robbery, but it appears they were targeted for a robbery," Eberhart added.

Summit County Crimestoppers is offering a reward up to $2,000 for information leading to the killer or killers. Anyone with tips should call 330-434-COPS. Tipsters can remain anonymous.

A vigil is planned for 8 p.m. on Friday at Lake Anna in Barberton.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-news/akron-canton-news/mother-of-murdered-barberton-teens-begs-for-justice
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

ASHLEY CARPENTER and DAVID KOHLER-CARPENTER - 18 and 14 yo - Barberton, OH Empty Re: ASHLEY CARPENTER and DAVID KOHLER-CARPENTER - 18 and 14 yo - Barberton, OH

Post by ladibug Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:20 am

Barberton police arrest two in slaying of teens, father

Published: January 3, 2014 - 01:13 PM | Updated: January 3, 2014 - 05:39 PM

Two Akron brothers were arrested Friday in connection with the shooting death of a Barberton father and two teens.

Michael Hendon, 22, and Eric Hendon, 30, are being held on murder charges in the Summit County Jail. Police say the men targeted the home seeking drugs and cash.

Their arrest comes on the same day that John Kohler, 42, was pronounced dead at 3:45 p.m. An autopsy is set for Monday.

Autopsies this week showed that Kohler’s stepdaughter, Ashley Carpenter, 18, died of a single gunshot wound to the head. Her brother, David Kohler Carpenter, 14, died of multiple gunshot wounds to the head. He also suffered defensive wounds to his arms, reports show.

Each was found in a back bedroom, reports show.

Kohler’s girlfriend, Ronda Blankenship, 38, is still hospitalized.

All four were shot while inside Kohler’s Seventh Street NE home on New Year’s Eve.

A vigil in memory of the teens is scheduled for 8 p.m. tonight at Lake Anna in downtown Barberton.

A fund has been established to help the Carpenter family with funeral expenses. Donations may be made at: http://www.gofundme.com/5zvxbs.

http://www.ohio.com/news/break-news/barberton-police-arrest-two-in-slaying-of-teens-father-1.456772

ladibug
ladibug

Job/hobbies : Collecting feral cats

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:27 am

I wonder why they would target "the home for drugs and cash"?

Sure glad they caught the murderers - 3 people murdered and 1 in critical condition because of drugs.  explode

Last edited by ladibug on Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
ladibug
ladibug

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:38 am

Girlfriend in Barberton shooting made harrowing 9-1-1 call minutes after being shot
ASHLEY CARPENTER and DAVID KOHLER-CARPENTER - 18 and 14 yo - Barberton, OH 14032969-mmmain
Police arrested 22-year-old Michael Hendon, left, and 30-year-old Eric Hendon Friday. The brothers are charged with three counts of aggravated murder in the death of two Barberton teens and their father in a New Year's Eve attempted robbery. (Courtesy of Barberton Police Department)
BARBERTON, Ohio -- Moments after she had been shot and watched her boyfriend and his teenage children get shot by intruders in their Barberton apartment, Ronda Blankenship pleaded for help in a harrowing and heart-wrenching 9-1-1 call.

In the 3-minute call Barberton Police released Thursday, an audibly agonizing Blankenship told police she thought she had been stabbed, but she didn't know what was going on.

"I'm bleeding everywhere, my boyfriend's here, I've got two kids here," she said. "Help. Help. Oh God."

Blankenship is the sole survivor of the New Year's Eve shooting that left Ashley Carpenter, 18, David Kohler-Carpenter, 14, and John Kohler, 42, dead inside Kohler and Blankenship's Seventh Street Northeast apartment. Blankenship was listed in critical condition Friday afternoon at MetroHealth Medical Center in Cleveland.

The Summit County Medical Examiner Thursday said Ashley had died from a single gunshot to the head and David from gunshot wounds to the head. An autopsy is scheduled Monday for Kohler, who was pronounced dead at Akron City Hospital at 3:45 p.m. Friday.

Barberton Police Friday arrested and charged Akron brothers Michael, 22, and Eric Hendon, 30, with three counts of aggravated murder.

The elder Hendon, Eric, was released from prison on parole in June, 13 years after he was sent to prison for sexual battery and attempted aggravated murder of an Akron woman.

Barberton Police said the Hendons had targeted the home and were attempting to steal drugs and money when they entered before 7 p.m. Dec. 31.

Records show neither Kohler or Blankenship have any drug convictions against them in Summit County courts.

Michael Hendon pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor marijuana possession charge in 2010. Eric Hendon has no past drug convictions in Summit County.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2014/01/girlfriend_in_barberton_shooti.html

Why did they go into a home at 7:00 when they should have known people were there? How very sad.  And this is another case where a criminal should have just been kept in jail. I also wonder how his brother (well the little brother was very young when his sibling went to jail to maybe he was just looking up to him) could go from a relatively crime free life to participating in murdering a family. Satan is really taking control.  villagers 
ladibug
ladibug

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:53 am

Such senseless violence and evil is compounded by the fact that these gruesome murders were committed during the holidays.  

If Rhonda survives she will have a whole lot of mental and physical things to deal with.

This kind of evil is hard to understand.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:56 am

The older brother should be ashamed of himself, but he isn't.  He brought his little brother down to his level and now they will both be in prison, or executed. 

He should have sat his little brother down and told him the horrors of being locked up in prison for years.  Now he won't have to, the younger one will soon have first hand knowledge.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:47 pm

twinkletoes wrote:The older brother should be ashamed of himself, but he isn't.  He brought his little brother down to his level and now they will both be in prison, or executed. 

He should have sat his little brother down and told him the horrors of being locked up in prison for years.  Now he won't have to, the younger one will soon have first hand knowledge.

Twinkletoes, you are so right! It seems no one is telling the young folks these things - or how a "real man" doesn't shoot children, or beat up and rape the elderly, or steal from people, or shake their babies to death..... ranton 
ladibug
ladibug

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down