Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JOVAN CHRISTIAN - 4 yo (3/12) - / Charged: Mother, Jennifer Christian - Pine Hills, FL

3 posters

Go down

JOVAN CHRISTIAN - 4 yo (3/12) - / Charged: Mother, Jennifer Christian - Pine Hills, FL Empty JOVAN CHRISTIAN - 4 yo (3/12) - / Charged: Mother, Jennifer Christian - Pine Hills, FL

Post by twinkletoes Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:47 am

Posted: 4:50 p.m. Wednesday, July 9, 2014
Mother of Pine Hills boy who shot himself charged with neglect

JOVAN CHRISTIAN - 4 yo (3/12) - / Charged: Mother, Jennifer Christian - Pine Hills, FL Jenniferchristian
Jennifer Christian

JOVAN CHRISTIAN - 4 yo (3/12) - / Charged: Mother, Jennifer Christian - Pine Hills, FL Jovanchristian
Jovan Christian

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. —

The mother of a young boy who investigators said accidentally shot himself in the head with her gun, has been arrested on suspicion of negligence.

Prosecutors slapped Jennifer Christian with two felonies, one for neglect, and the other for culpable negligence.

The stiff charges come 16 months after police said Jovan Christian grabbed his mother’s .380-caliber handgun from the nightstand and fired it inside their Pine Hills apartment.

“When you have a firearm in your house and you know you have kids underage, you have to hide it, conceal it, whatever you have to do,” said a resident at the Los Robles apartment, who did not want to be identified.

Police said Jennifer Christian left the boy, who was 4-years-old at the time, at home with an underage relative at the time of the shooting.

It’s unclear why she was charged 16 months after the incident, but neighbors said they are glad someone is being held accountable.
“Justice has been served,” neighbors said.

Jovan’s father said the boy has fully recovered and he is seeking full custody of the child.

Department of Children and Families officials said they investigated the family last year, but closed their investigation without removing the boy from the home.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/mother-pine-hills-boy-who-shot-himself-charged-neg/ngcN4/

Last edited by twinkletoes on Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

JOVAN CHRISTIAN - 4 yo (3/12) - / Charged: Mother, Jennifer Christian - Pine Hills, FL Empty Re: JOVAN CHRISTIAN - 4 yo (3/12) - / Charged: Mother, Jennifer Christian - Pine Hills, FL

Post by mom_in_il Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:34 pm

Threads merged.
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

JOVAN CHRISTIAN - 4 yo (3/12) - / Charged: Mother, Jennifer Christian - Pine Hills, FL Empty Re: JOVAN CHRISTIAN - 4 yo (3/12) - / Charged: Mother, Jennifer Christian - Pine Hills, FL

Post by mom_in_il Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:19 pm

Please stop deleting my posts. (Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:08 pm CDT)
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:50 pm

I didn't.  The duplicate post was mine.  I didn't know it had posted twice until I saw you merged the identical posts into one.  I deleted the duplicate which had posted at the same time as the other one.  I saw no need to have two identical posts, posted at the same time, by the same person.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:00 am

headrub  sad hug  

Glad you wrote that because I alway get curious when I see a deleted post!  You know, "Curiosity........the cat"  so I really don't care to be left in a curious state!  kisses And thanks to both of you for your diligence and time and caring!
ladibug
ladibug

Job/hobbies : Collecting feral cats

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:17 am

JOVAN CHRISTIAN - 4 yo (3/12) - / Charged: Mother, Jennifer Christian - Pine Hills, FL 80303782_125x125
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down