Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DELANO WILSON - 6 weeks (8/2014) - Indianapolis IN

3 posters

Go down

DELANO WILSON - 6 weeks (8/2014) - Indianapolis IN Empty DELANO WILSON - 6 weeks (8/2014) - Indianapolis IN

Post by mom_in_il Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:56 pm

Amber Alert issued for Indianapolis baby

Posted: Aug 27, 2014 8:02 PM CDT
Updated: Aug 29, 2014 8:41 AM CDT
By Carrie Cline, WTHR reporter

INDIANAPOLIS - It has been nearly two days since an Indianapolis man claims two people abducted his six-week-old son in a violent attack. The Amber Alert is still out for Delano Wilson.

Both parents are pleading for their son's return and together they're posting fliers with his picture. Police are also talking to neighbors and using search dogs. Dive teams from the Indianapolis Fire Department and Department of Natural Resources were searching shallow parts of the White River Thursday evening, and authorities resumed the search Friday morning by bringing in busloads of people to help in the search.

Friday's search area is everything up to Oliver Street to the south, the railroad tracks to the north, Harding Street to the east and Reisner Street to the west.

Police would not say what specifically led them to that area of the White River, only that it was close to where the infant was last seen.

The Amber Alert is out after police say the baby was abducted during an attack in broad daylight. Thursday morning, the baby's mother made an emotional plea.

"Please, just please bring my baby back. He is just one month old," said Taniasha Perkins, crying as she spoke to reporters.

Police say Delano Wilson was snatched from his father's arms in an alley around noon Wednesday. An Amber Alert was issued Wednesday evening.

The victim says he was robbed and pistol-whipped near the intersection of South Harding and Henry Streets.

He says a man and woman took off with the baby in a blue Ford Taurus.

We talked with the baby's mother, who says she's desperate to hold her baby again.

"My family loves my child. I just gave birth to him. He is my one and only son, my first born. I just want to know why. Why would you take my baby?" asked Taniasha.

Leaning on family to literally hold her up, Taniasha Perkins tells of the nightmare she's lived since her son was taken nearly 24 hours earlier.

"I can't stand on my own two feet, I can't breathe, I can't sleep at night. I'm tossing and turning thinking about a million things that's going on with my son. Anything can happen," said Taniasha.

"The most important thing is we just want him home. We just want him back home. You can drop him off at the fire station. I wouldn't care if you dropped him off at the BP and sit him at the register, let the cashier know, 'hey, I found this baby,' and leave. It's no animosity right now. We just want him back," said Aisha Perkins, Taniasha's cousin.

Taniasha says she just got a job two days ago so she could better take care of Delano.

"He means the world to me and his dad. We are good parents. We work hard. We work really hard to provide for our child and for you to take him a way is tearing a hole in my family and in my heart," said Taniasha.

"We don't need this. We don't deserve this. We just need justice right now. Hopefully, God will bring him back to us," said Romel Perkins, Taniasha's brother.

It's a family torn apart, waiting, hoping and praying for the missing piece to end their pain.

"I'm asking the public to please speak out and tell the truth on where my son is. I need my son back with me," said Taniasha.

Amber Alert information

Metro police say Delano Wilson, a black male about 16 inches long, weighing 12 pounds with black hair and brown eyes, was last seen around noon Wednesday in an alley in the 1400 block of Henry Street. He is believed to be in extreme danger.

DELANO WILSON - 6 weeks (8/2014) - Indianapolis IN 45942110

The baby was wearing a dark blue onesie when he was last seen.

"Approximately 12 o'clock, IMPD was dispatched to the intersection of South Harding and Henry Street on a person robbed. When officers got there, the male victim indicated to us that he was walking down the street when a white male and Hispanic female approached him, robbed him and pistol-whipped him," said IMPD Sgt. Kendale Adams. "In the occurrence of the assault, the victim fell to the ground. When he regained consciousness, he saw his six-week-old baby in a cover being taken away."

The victim described the male suspect as 25-30 years old, standing 5'6"-5'9" tall with a medium build with short brown hair. The reported suspect was wearing a black "do rag," a red t-shirt, blue jean shorts and red, blue and black tennis shoes.

The man was accompanied by a Hispanic female, 25-30 years old with a thin build and long brown hair. The woman was wearing a green shirt and matching green hoop earrings.

The suspects were last seen driving an older model blue 2000-03 four-door Ford Taurus.

If you have any information about the whereabouts of Delano Wilson or his abductors, you are urged to call IMPD at 317-327-6540 or 1-888-58AMBER.

23-year-old Willie Wilson and 22-year-old Taniasha Perkins are the baby's parents.

Willie Wilson was arrested on unrelated drug charges Wednesday evening

Wilson says the woman in the car appeared reluctant about what took place. He says he blacked out during the attack. However, he believes there were witnesses who drove by the scene, and he wants them to come forward.

http://www.wthr.com/story/26388916/2014/08/27/amber-alert-issued-for-indianapolis-baby
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down

DELANO WILSON - 6 weeks (8/2014) - Indianapolis IN Empty Re: DELANO WILSON - 6 weeks (8/2014) - Indianapolis IN

Post by ladibug Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:44 pm

AMBER ALERT CANCELLED AFTER THIRD DAY OF SEARCH FOR MISSING BABY
8/29/2014

Police officers and recruits, firefighters and volunteer search dog handlers fanned out Friday in the Westside neighborhood where a 6-week-old boy was reported missing earlier this week, but they found no sign of the baby.
And at 6 p.m., Indiana State Police canceled an Amber Alert that had been issued late Wednesday night for Delano Wilson. The alert was canceled at the request of the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department.
A public vigil will be held for Delano at 2 p.m. Saturday by the Ten Point Coalition and Young Men Inc. outside his parents' home in the 500 block of Chase Street.
"We want to pray for the safe return of the child," Bishop Horatio Luster said Friday. "We also want to pray for support for the family and the community itself. The community is being affected, too."
When the Amber Alert was first issued, it generated numerous calls and tips, but over six hours on Friday, only two calls came in, IMPD spokesman Sgt. Kendale Adams said in a release explaining the cancellation request. None of the tips have led them to Delano.
"Over the past three days, Missing Person detectives believe the Amber Alert message has reached its maximum audience," Adams said. "Detectives feel confident the continued use of the department's internal messaging, use of its social media links, (and) continued coverage by local media … is sufficient and yields the best opportunity to find Delano"
"Additionally, detectives believe that the Amber Alert has increased awareness surrounding Delano's alleged abduction," Adams said.
By the end of Friday, searchers had combed about 90 percent of the neighborhood surrounding the baby's home in the 500 block of Chase Street, Adams said.
Delano's father, Willie Wilson, reported to police on Wednesday that a white man and a Hispanic woman pistol-whipped him into unconsciousness in an alley on West Henry Street near the family's home, snatched the baby and drove off in a clean-looking blue 2000-2003 four-door Ford Taurus.
DELANO WILSON - 6 weeks (8/2014) - Indianapolis IN 1409323632000-012-search
Police searchers move out from Oliver Avenue and Harding Street.(Photo: Michelle Pemberton/The Star)

Friday, searchers spread out through wooded areas and vacant lots, probed buildings, used sonar cameras to search the nearby White River and trudged along its banks, poking through debris. The search teams included homicide detectives, but there has been no evidence released that the baby is dead.
"There might be some nooks and crannies that we don't know about, but we pretty much searched at least 90 percent of the area," Adams said.
IMPD focused Friday on an area around the railroad tracks, near the Harding Street ramp to I-70. Later, searchers moved east of the tracks.
About 45 IMPD recruits in bright-green vests joined the search, and the FBI now is part of the investigation.
At one point, investigators lowered a "snake camera" down into an abandoned tank of some sort, but found no sign of the baby.
A mobile command unit was set up about 200 yards north of Oliver Street on a gravel access road that runs parallel to a railroad track. The search area is very overgrown, and trash, debris and weeds line the gravel access road.
Adams said there would not be that kind of search over the weekend. However, investigators met late Friday to go over what they knew so far and decide their next steps, which likely would include going back to talk to Delano's parents, Willie Wilson and Taniasha Perkins, to "fill in some gaps," he said.

DELANO WILSON - 6 weeks (8/2014) - Indianapolis IN 35547429001_3753527478001_trim-qxjFBC-vs

Family question time it took to issue Amber Alert. Michelle Pemberton/The Star.

A half-block south of the center of the search area, Dan Segner was standing on Friday outside an auto repair shop building and storage lot he owns.
Segner said he was working there at the time the child was reported to have been kidnapped Wednesday at about noon, but said he did not see a man or child. He said if anyone had come around the business, his watchdog would have alerted him.
However, Segner said he did see a woman, who he later realized was the child's mother, walking south on Chase Street, which is one block east of Harding, just before 1 p.m. The family's home is on Chase.
Segner said she walked to the corner of Oliver and Chase, but he never saw her return. She did not appear to be walking casually, he said, but instead was pacing at the intersection, "like she was looking for someone."
He was interviewed by police, Segner said, and he told them what he had observed. Specifically, he said they asked whether he had seen a man and baby.
"I told them no," he said.
Also Friday, a cousin of Perkins posted a message on Facebook saying he is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the child's return.
"Anyone in Indianapolis can help out my cousin in her time of need," said the message posted on the Facebook page of a man identified as Marlon Perkins.
"This is real, and she needs all the help and assistance possible in the safe return of her son," the message read. "I'm personally offering $10,000 for any information that leads to his safe return. Contact IMPD immediately with any information!!!!"
Call Star reporter Diana Penner at [url=tel:(317) 444-6249](317) 444-6249[/url] and follow her on Twitter: @dianapenner.
6:43 PM UPDATE
Indiana State Police canceled the Amber Alert for Delano Wilson as of 6 p.m. today.
"This cancellation was requested by the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department," the State Police notification said.
The Amber Alert was issued about 9 p.m. Wednesday, about nine hours after 6-week-old Delano was reported abducted. Normally, Amber Alerts expire after five hours, but can be extended.
4:15 PM UPDATE
The search of an underground storage tank yielded no information about a missing 6-week-old boy, and searchers have finished work for the day and are gathering to go over where the case stands.
IMPD Sgt. Kendale Adams said a weekend grid search like Friday's is unlikely. He estimated about 90 percent of the neighborhood where the baby was reported missing — including buildings, wooded areas, waterways and nooks and crannies — have been searched.
Delano Wilson was reported abducted around noon Wednesday.
3:29 PM UPDATE
Police recruits enlisted to help in the ongoing search for 6-week-old Delano Wilson have disbanded for the day, but police were preparing to drain an underground storage tank that had been found in the search area.
IMPD Sgt. Kendale Adams told the Associated Press that officers had found the spot during their search on Friday. He said police intend to use a snake camera to search the tank once it's partially drained.
12:19 AM UPDATE
Dozens of police recruits backed up by search dogs probed a wooded area on the Westside today for a missing 6-week-old baby.
By noon, there was still no sign of Delano Wilson, who has been missing since Wednesday, when his father said armed robbers grabbed the baby. In a Facebook post, a relative offered a $10,000 reward.
The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department focused on an area around the railroad tracks, near the Harding Street ramp to I-70. Later, searchers moved east of the tracks.
About 45 IMPD recruits in bright green vests joined the search.
IMPD spokesman Sgt. Kendale Adams said the search of woods was based on their proximity to the reported crime scene, not a specific tip.
Adams said finding the baby remains the No. 1 priority and mission, which is still in a search-and-rescue phase, rather than recovery.
"Right now, we are just hopeful we will find the baby," he said.
The FBI is assisting along with the Midwest K9 group, which has multiple search dogs on scene.
Police also are canvassing the neighborhood where the family lives.
A mobile command unit is set up about 200 yards north of Oliver Street on a gravel access road that parallels the railroad track. The search area is very overgrown. Trash, debris and weeds line the gravel access road.
Police are expected to continue the search for the rest of the day.
A cousin of the missing baby's mother posted a message on Facebook saying he is offering a $10,000 reward for information that leads to the child's return.
"Anyone in Indianapolis can help out my cousin in her time of need," said the message posted on the Facebook page of a man identified as Marlon Perkins. "This is real, and she needs all the help and assistance possible in the safe return of her son. I'm personally offering $10,000 for any information that leads to his safe return. Contact IMPD immediately with any information!!!!"
While searchers combed the woods, a dozen or more fanned out through the neighborhood two blocks to the northeast where the missing child's family lives. Some officers were going door-to-door, while other manned roadblocks. At those checkpoints, police asked drivers if they had been in the neighborhood previously and if they had any information that could help in the search for the child. They took down license plate numbers, names and birth dates of the people they interviewed.
A relative outside the family's home said the child's mother and father were out putting up posters seeking information in the child's disappearance. She declined to comment.
A half-block south, Dan Segner was standing outside an auto repair shop building and storage lot that he owns. Segner said he was working there at the time the child was reported to have been kidnapped Wednesday, but said he did not see the man or child. He said if anyone had come around the business, his watchdog would have alerted him.
Segner said he did see a woman, who he later realized was the child's mother, walking south on Chase Street, which is one block east of Harding, a little before 1 p.m. The family's home is on Chase.
He said she walked to the corner of Oliver and Chase, but he never saw her return. She did not appear to be walking casually, he said. She was pacing at the intersection, "like she was looking for someone."
Segner said he was interviewed by police and told them what he had observed. Specifically, he said they asked if he had seen a man and baby.
"I told them no," he said.
PREVIOUS STORY
Efforts to find 6-week-old Delano Wilson concentrated locally and spread nationally, as fears, frustrations and questions about what happened to the Indianapolis baby grew in number and intensity.....(continues)

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/2014/08/27/amber-alert-issued-month-old-boy-abducted-indianapolis/14717055/

Last edited by ladibug on Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Have to do this in bits and pieces-add link)
ladibug
ladibug

Job/hobbies : Collecting feral cats

Back to top Go down

DELANO WILSON - 6 weeks (8/2014) - Indianapolis IN Empty Re: DELANO WILSON - 6 weeks (8/2014) - Indianapolis IN

Post by ladibug Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:50 pm

After reading Segner's account of not seeing a man with a baby I'm really concerned about the outcome of this.  pray

And here is STATEMENT ANALYSIS: Willie Wilson 911 call

http://statement-analysis.blogspot.com/2014/08/statement-analysis-willie-wilson-911.html
ladibug
ladibug

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:51 am

hmmm ...
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:20 am

Amber Alert: 6-Week-Old Delano Wilson Kidnapped At Gunpoint

Posted: 08/28/2014 2:04 pm EDT
The Huffington Post    | By David Lohr  

DELANO WILSON - 6 weeks (8/2014) - Indianapolis IN N-DELANO-WILSON-large
The mother of Delano Wilson, a 6-week-old baby boy who was kidnapped at gunpoint in Indianapolis Wednesday, has made an impassioned plea for his safe return.

"Please, just please bring my baby back," the boy's mother, Taniasha Perkins, told reporters on Thursday. "He's just one month old. I love my child. I just gave birth to him. He is my one and only son, my first born."

The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department issued an Amber Alert following the kidnapping, which happened around 12 p.m. Wednesday, in an alley in the 1400 block of Henry Street. The child is believed to be in extreme danger.

According to police, 23-year-old Willie Wilson was walking in the alley holding Delano when an unidentified white man and an unidentified Latino female approached him.

"The white male pointed a gun at him and struck him in the head with the handle of the gun," the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department said in a press release."

After he was pistol-whipped by the male suspect, the elder Wilson suffered a brief blackout. When he regained consciousness, he saw the couple take his son and get into a blue Ford Taurus, believed to be a 2000-2003 model year, police said.

Authorities conducted an extensive search of the area, but were unable to locate the child or his alleged abductors. However, officers did arrest the child's father on an unrelated possession of marijuana charge.

"I don't wish this on other parents," Perkins said Thursday. "I'm too young to be going through this. I just got my job two days ago. I was going to provide for my baby. He means the world to me and his dad. We are good parents. We work hard. We work really hard to provide for a child."

Delano is described as an African American male, about 16 inches long, weighing 12 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a dark blue onesie.

The male suspect is described as 25-30 years old, 5'6"-5'9" tall, with a medium build and short brown hair. He was wearing a red t-shirt, blue jean shorts, red, blue and black tennis shoes and a black "do rag."

Authorities say the female suspect is 25-30 years old, with a thin build and long brown hair. She was wearing a green shirt and matching green hoop earrings.
"[This] is just tearing a hole in my family and in my heart," said Perkins. "He doesn't deserve this. Please, please let my son go."

Anyone with information should call the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department at (317) 327-6540 or Crime Stoppers at (317) 262-8477.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/28/delano-wilson-kidnapped_n_5731052.html
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:07 am

Family Searches For Missing Infant Despite AMBER Alert Cancellation

Sep 1, 2014

DELANO WILSON - 6 weeks (8/2014) - Indianapolis IN Delano-wilson-amber-alert-abducted-baby
An Indianapolis family is still searching for the youngest of their clan. The search for six-week-old Delano Wilson continues.  The infant was reportedly snatched from his father after a couple pistol whipped him on Wednesday.

The AMBER Alert for Wilson was canceled on Friday, but Indianapolis Metro Police say they are still pursuing leads and the FBI is still involved. Family members gathered on Sunday to search the near-west side of the city for the baby.

Police ask anyone with any information about this missing infant to call 911 or text 888777 with keyword “IMPD” and give details.

http://tlcnaptown.com/2218183/family-searches-for-missing-infant-despite-amber-alert-cancellation/

twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:44 am

TheIndyChannel.com Staff , Jack Rinehart
5:39 PM, Sep 2, 2014
1 hour ago

INDIANAPOLIS - Police have explored a creek for clues in the disappearance of a 6-week-old Indianapolis boy hours after they finished searching his family's home.
The investigation surrounding Delano Wilson moved Tuesday to Little Eagle Creek, a couple miles from the home on the city's west side.
Police said there was no strong evidence that the baby might be near the creek, but they were searching for clues and following up on all leads.
Police pulled a late-night surprise on Wilson’s parents when theyserved a search warrant around 10 p.m. Monday.
Given the magnitude of the case, the search warrant could only be described as routine, but the timing of its execution was at best unusual.
On Tuesday, police downplayed the presence of more than one mobile crime lab and the several hours that investigators spent searching the residence.
"We just want to make sure we've vetted every area that we know of, that we've done everything to find the baby," Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department Sgt. Kendale Adams said.
The search for the baby started after Wilson's dad, 23-year-old Willie Wilson, told police his son was abducted last Wednesday by a man and woman who knocked him out in an alley near his home just west of downtown Indianapolis.
The revelation kicked off an Amber Alert and a massive two-day search that included IMPD, the FBI, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and an urban search and rescue team.
The fact that the baby remains missing has unnerved the neighborhood.
"It's a little on edge. A lot of the neighbors are worried because there's a lot of kids over here. They're just hoping the baby comes home safely, which I am too," area resident Christina Richey said.
The parents of the infant, Taniasha Perkins and Willie Wilson, have posted fliers throughout the neighborhood. But so far, the baby has seemingly disappeared without a trace, with no demands for ransom and no contact with the kidnappers.
Police said they have no plans to conduct any further organized searches unless they get a phone tip on a possible sighting of the baby or his kidnappers.
Authorities said they have high expectations that the evidence collected from the home late Monday night and early Tuesday morning will tell them where the case will go next.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/police-search-big-eagle-creek-for-missing-baby
ladibug
ladibug

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:15 am

This is another one that sounds strange to me.  I fear it will end badly.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:08 am

Parents of Delano Wilson say they have nothing to hide
Posted: Sep 03, 2014 11:18 PM EST Updated: Sep 03, 2014 11:18 PM EST

INDIANAPOLIS - 6-week-old Delano Wilson's parents have not been named as suspects or even persons of interests in this case.

Police have been very open about saying, though, that the couple's story about what happened to the baby has left them with some questions.

The couple told Eyewitness News they're very aware fingers are starting to point at them.

“We're not trying to hide from nothing,” Taniasha Perkins said from the Chase Street home she shares with her mother, boyfriend and two siblings.

That's the way Perkins and Willie Wilson, the baby's father, said it's been since last week when Wilson told police a couple kidnapped his 6-week-old son in broad daylight as he was walking with him around the block.

“I remember exactly what they look like. It was a white man. He had to be no younger than 30. He was bloodshot red eyes, aggressive. It looked like he was on drugs,” said Wilson.

“He was just looking like if he didn't get what he wanted he was going to kill,” he explained. “He was outta his mind. I mean, he hit me with my son in my arms."

Wilson told police he was knocked out, but came to - only to see the man and woman taking off with his son in a Blue Ford Taurus.

Sources told Eyewitness News a nearby security camera recorded Wilson walking without his baby before he called 911 to report the alleged kidnapping.

“The camera doesn't see towards the alley, but there's witnesses out there saying that they seen this blue car and that they seen a young lady. That's more than enough proof right there,” Wilson explained.

Whatever investigators have been looking for beyond the missing infant, their search brought them back to the couple's home this week.

“Delano's not here. Delano's just not here and he's out there somewhere and for you guys to be here, it just made me think like my son is out there somewhere and you guys are here, but why, we don't understand. You're supposed to be out there finding our son,” Perkins cried.

“They took carpet,” explained Perkins of what investigators removed from the home. “They took some of our items, the baby bassinet or the baby rocker. All that stuff. They took it."

Both parents said they've given police DNA and been questioned separately for hours.

“Seeing them throw my baby's picture in my face, calling me a killer saying that his, his own father would do that to him. It just. It hurts,” Perkins cried.

“They threw my son's picture in my face and they kept calling me a horrible dad,” Wilson cried.

“I understand you're doing your job. But we don't have anything to hide. We don't have anything to hide,” said Perkins.

That's why the couple said they'll continue to search for their son and do whatever they can to bring him home.

“As parents we owe him,” said Wilson. “He deserve everything we got to go out there and find him."

This case drew statewide attention when police issued an amber alert. It's also a hot topic on Amos Brown's local radio talk show on 1310AM The Light.

"I think there's a lot of confusion. There is compassion and a feeling that here's another tragedy, a tragedy involving a youngster in the city and wanting to see justice done, wanting hopefully the safe return of that young baby."

A family member told Eyewitness News FBI investigators visited the home Wednesday night and questioned Taniasha Perkins.

http://www.wthr.com/story/26443471/2014/09/03/parents-of-delano-wilson-say-they-have-nothing-to-hide
ladibug
ladibug

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down