Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Judge will allow NBC's camera in civil case

2 posters

Go down

Judge will allow NBC's camera in civil case Empty Judge will allow NBC''s camera in civil case

Post by mom_in_il Fri May 22, 2009 6:10 pm

Judge will allow NBC's camera in civil case

posted by halboedeker on May 22, 2009 11:40:28 AM

NBC's Kerry Sanders has a message: Thank you, Judge Jose Rodriguez.

Earlier this week, the judge in the defamation suit against Casey Anthony had said that it was unacceptable for NBC to bring its camera into the courtroom.

Sanders had what he called "a spirited discussion" with the judge after a hearing Tuesday. The judge didn't want camera operators disrupting the hearing, and somebody heard the judge tell Sanders, "I'm not going to let this turn into another Lindbergh kidnapping case." Rodriguez simply wanted a camera in the hearing left on a wide shot.

"My concern was that as he was telling us we couldn't zoom in or pan, he was effectively climbing into the camera and making editorial decisions," Sanders said."I told him we see the camera as no different from someone in the court. They can look to the left or right."

To make his case, Sanders brought in the least-intrusive equipment and a veteran NBC cameraman.

The judge sent word Thursday, via the court administrator, that NBC can have its camera in the courtroom.

Sanders said, "I'm very happy the judge was willing to think this through and see we're here to inform people and not get in the way of court proceedings."

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/05/casey-anthony-judge-will-allow-nbcs-camera-in-civil-case.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down

Judge will allow NBC's camera in civil case Empty Re: Judge will allow NBC's camera in civil case

Post by alwaysbelieve Fri May 22, 2009 11:14 pm

Cool :bom:
alwaysbelieve
alwaysbelieve

Back to top Go down