Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rumors Concerning the Evidence

4 posters

Go down

Rumors Concerning the Evidence Empty Rumors Concerning the Evidence

Post by momgot2kids Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:17 pm

To me it points to something involving someone else that maybe charged along with Casey. As in, the delay is required while the SAO builds the case against the person and prepares their indictment.
Like Dominic confessing to the SAO that Cindy (or Lee or Baez) did tell him where to find the body and sent him there to either move or destroy the corpse.
To me, that rises to the level of keeping this a secret and not much else would.
If it were prints, I can fathom no reason the Judge would allow it to be kept from the defense cuz what difference would 30 days make to that type of evidence.
I predict someone is about to be charged as an accessory after the fact.

Hearsay is regarding something from a third party. Dominic would testify to what Cindy and he discussed. If Dominic tried to say Cindy told him Casey told her that is hearsay but every other bit of communication isn’t.
For example, Dominic would testify to any plans they discussed and the directions he was given etc. all of that is admissible. He just can’t testify that casey told Cindy bcuz he doesn’t have 1st hand knowledge of that only Cindy actually does. (or whomever obviously I am using Cindy as an example)
When Cindy is called she takes the 5th.
The jury wouldn’t need to be full of rocket scientists to conclude who told Cindy where the body was located cuz obviously the killer did.

Regarding taking the 5th as a witness:
The State usually grants “use immunity” which means basically that whatever a witness may say (with exceptions) will not be used to prosecute them.
(Read the very beginning of the SAO depos with the Anthonys and you will see them explain it to them before they begin questioning)
Bcuz the State does this the witness can be compelled to answer any/ever question they ask (with exceptions).
This “use immunity” prevents a witness from pleading the 5th bcuz they’ve already been told they won’t be prosecuted for their testimony.
The same does not apply to people questioned by LE or the actual defendant in a criminal proceeding who can remain silent with no chance of being compelled. Only a court can compel and they cannot compel the defendant.
So that’s my basic understanding of how this goes down at trial which prevents people from using the 5th to keep from testifying. Also, a witness can only use the 5th to protect themselves specifically from implication in a crime not to prevent implicating someone else.
The court can & will compel testimony. For example many a reporter has gone to jail for refusing to name their source. You can’t refuse to answer questions unless you have a very specific reason to believe you are going to implicate yourself in a crime.
I’m not a lawyer but that’s my limited understanding of taking the 5th.
(another place in this case to see the 5th discussed is in the Morgan depos when they try to take the 5th)
Yes, you have to actually be charged with a crime to plead the 5th otherwise the Judge will throw you in jail for refusing to answer.

To expand upon why I don’t think they would delay an Accessory charge, let’s imagine Dominic has fingered Cindy as the person who sent him into the woods bcuz she knew where the body was.
Why would the SAO not charge Cindy now? At Casey’s trial they would call Dominic to the stand who will tell the jury Casey’s own mother knew the location of the body and wanted him to move or destroy it.
Then the SAO calls Cindy and she pleads the 5th.
Result, jury hears that Casey confessed and Cindy didn’t dispute the allegation on the stand. Casey is DEFINITELY found guilty of murder one bcuz obviously only the killer could have told Cindy where the body was at and if it wasn’t Casey then why wouldn’t Cindy tell LE and has lied about it ever since.
Or better yet they try Cindy first and already have a conviction in place and she is in prison and the jury knows that.
Hopefully that kinda clears up why I think charging someone as an Accessory now is an advantage for the SAO’s case against Casey.
Who cares if Cindy takes the 5th as long as the have Dominic’s testimony.
IMO the SAO would only delay charging the Anthonys with perjury or obstruction to keep them from pleading the 5th but Accessory After the Fact is a whole different ballgame. If the SAO has knowledge and evidence that an Anthony is guilty of Accessory they are duty bound to charge them now and it would only strengthen their case against Casey.
They would also have leverage against whomever is charged as an accessory to compel them to testify how they came to know the information about the location of the body.
Also, Dominic would be testifying at Casey’s trial detailing how the person charged with Accessory instructed him almost negating the need for their testimony.
Obviously this is all hypothetical at this point but I am just saying it’s one thing to delay a perjury charge quite another to delay a major felony charge like Accessory.

To me it points to something involving someone else that maybe charged along with Casey. As in, the delay is required while the SAO builds the case against the person and prepares their indictment.
Like Dominic confessing to the SAO that Cindy (or Lee or Baez) did tell him where to find the body and sent him there to either move or destroy the corpse.
To me, that rises to the level of keeping this a secret and not much else would.
If it were prints, I can fathom no reason the Judge would allow it to be kept from the defense cuz what difference would 30 days make to that type of evidence.
I predict someone is about to be charged as an accessory after the fact.

John & Dawn, there may be a correlation in the extended trial date if the DC theory involves any implied defense team improprieties. The State would readily agree to an extended trial date if they expect a change in the defense team.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/02/casey-anthony-state-can-keep-evidence-from-defense-for-30-days.html#comments

Last edited by momgot2kids on Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
momgot2kids
momgot2kids
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Mom/Ring Master

Back to top Go down

Rumors Concerning the Evidence Empty Re: Rumors Concerning the Evidence

Post by The_Thinker Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:52 pm

Very very interesting and intelligent thinking ...... we shall see .....
Blink believes there must be a change in counsel (as in Baez will be out) ......
And we know that Dominic hastily left his rented office space and gave no physical address that he moved his office to, and no office phone, and no office email address.
We know that Dominic was due to sit for an investigational interview with the Prosecutors ......
We know that Cindy told LE that SHE had someone walk that area in November.
Dominic and Hoover walked that area on Nov 15th and 16th and other days, with apparently specific instructions exactly where to go, and what to look for.
I believe it will be JUSTICE SERVED if Cindy is charged with accessory after the fact!!!!
The_Thinker
The_Thinker

Job/hobbies : Dear Caylee**gone but not forgotten**

Back to top Go down

Post by momgot2kids Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:59 pm

The_Thinker wrote:Very very interesting and intelligent thinking ...... we shall see .....
Blink believes there must be a change in counsel (as in Baez will be out) ......
And we know that Dominic hastily left his rented office space and gave no physical address that he moved his office to, and no office phone, and no office email address.
We know that Dominic was due to sit for an investigational interview with the Prosecutors ......
We know that Cindy told LE that SHE had someone walk that area in November.
Dominic and Hoover walked that area on Nov 15th and 16th and other days, with apparently specific instructions exactly where to go, and what to look for.
I believe it will be JUSTICE SERVED if Cindy is charged with accessory after the fact!!!!
It all seems to point in that direction Blink just posted this

westsidehudson says:
February 25, 2010 at 9:40 am
Joan (Canada) says:
February 24, 2010 at 10:39 pm
Also, as the founation’s headquarters is the Anthony’s address, how does this affect the foundation? Anyone…..

Joan
I brought this up on HM. Since it is the headquarters, my thought was that a portion of the mortgage could have legitimately been paid for by the nonprofit, if there was any money in it.
Who knows what will happen with the nonprofit. Maybe since Mallory is one of the ? directors they could use her address?

One more point, I have seen others speculating that the delay may have to do with George, but I’m kind of doubting that since it appears that Conway is still speaking for the both of the Anthonys. If it were George, I would think another lawyer might be involved. I can’t imagine him embarking on this odyssey alone, and still living under the same roof as Cindy.

I think D Casey or Lee. Your thoughts Blink? I guess it could be someone or something that we don’t even know of yet though

Dominic Casey.
B

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/02/16/cayleecasey-anthony-case-macaluso-out-new-discovery-released/#comments

IMO if there is any merit to any of these rumors we will see something very soon hence the 30 days from the Judge

Last edited by momgot2kids on Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
momgot2kids
momgot2kids

Back to top Go down

Post by momgot2kids Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:12 pm

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/11239565/Casey-Anthony-Declaration-of-D-Casey
Okay found the declaration of Dominic Casey finally..if no one seen this, I believe this is what he sent to the bar against Jose
momgot2kids
momgot2kids

Back to top Go down

Post by momgot2kids Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:48 pm

It really could be slick-dick Dom. Blink has been saying for some time that she believes DC is going to rock somebody’s world. He may have done it.
Of course, I have no more of a clue than any of you what it really is, but its either that they have had some type of confession (if you will) by DC that the Anthonys or Baez or Casey told him where the body was in November, or they have found a fingerprint on something that belongs to a known person not by the name of “Casey Anthony”, OR – they have found something electronic (i.e. online) that they are scrambling to get subpoenaed data on.
Those would be my guesses.

Valhalls opinions on what the new evidence is. Red by me.
posted by KY

more from ValHall
Could it be that a member of the defense team is implicated?

Valhall said: { Feb 25, 2010 - 07:02:42 }
eddie,

Yep…it could be.

Valhall said: { Feb 25, 2010 - 08:02:21 }
One thing that might be worth looking into (just to see if we can determine the nature of this SOMETHING) is to look at anything rumored to have happened or reported on in the 14 to 15 days prior to Ashton’s motion being filed. There’s two scenarios to keep in mind:

1. It’s a statement by a person (i.e. Dom Casey, George Anthony, Lee Anthony, Mallory, etc.). I would think the prosecution would IMMEDIATELY file the motion for delay if this is the case.
2. It’s a “tip” or new piece of evidence they are trying to obtain. It would seem to me there could be some measure of delay on this one because first they would need to establish if the tip/lead was BS or of substance and THEN when they did verify it had value, they would submit. That or they are investigating it and are coming up on their deadline and have to submit the motion to get a “shield”. Because once the motion is filed, they are operating under the shield of the motion. In other words, if you get a letter from a debt collector who says you’ve got to pay this within 30 days OR contest this debt, if you contest the debt within the 30 days you have a “shield” until the dispute is resolved and are not required to pay anything until that resolution is achieved.

With all that said – we would be looking at something that occurred anywhere from January 20 to February 3.

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/?p=1768
momgot2kids
momgot2kids

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:06 am

I think this is most likely about Dom Casey too, but if not I do think it could be about George.

Posted: 2:54 pm EDT October 6,
2009Updated: 7:14 pm EDT October 6,
2009ORLANDO, Fla. -- A judge ordered Tuesday (read order)
that the grand jury testimony George Anthony gave in October 2008 be
handed over to state prosecutors in the case against Casey Anthony.READ: Judge's Order On Grand Jury Testimony
VIDEO REPORT: Testimony Must Be Handed OverProsecutors
wanted a transcript of George Anthony's secret grand jury testimony
given on October 14, 2008 that led to the first-degree murder
indictment against his daughter Casey. Casey was arrested the very next
day. Prosecutors asked for the testimony to be used in the murder trial
of Casey set for next summer."... the original of said
transcript shall be delivered to the State Attorney," Judge Stan
Strickland wrote in the order issued Tuesday afternoon.George, a
former detective, told investigators he recognized the unmistakable
odor of a dead body in the trunk of Casey's car when he picked it up at
a wrecker service.Prosecutors presented the grand jury case and
George is working with the defense team, so both sides likely already
know a lot about the testimony, which is supposed to be secret.

Now that it has been unsealed and given to both the prosecution and defense can someone tell me if this should now be public record?
What would the prosecution do with this once they got it and ascertained that George had indeed subsequently made false statements under oath at other depositions? I would think they would go and interview him about it. George may have lied during the Morgan depo but if challenged by LE about it he would not lie to them IMO. He had been totally honest with them and the FBI in prior interviews and didn't seem to be protecting Casey. George may have spilled his gutts about what the A's and DC and Baez have all been up to. He may have had another "I'm not going to live this lie" moment. I've always felt that in the end, George would do right by Caylee. The timing could fit. By November the A's were on a cruise, Thanksgiving, and then Christmas may have meant it took a while to get the GJ statement and then interview George. LE may have had to get subpeona's for phone records(the bat phones?) or computers, interview others or whatever. OT but one thing that bothers me is the clothes George said Caylee was wearing, which of course were not the ones she was found in, and a statement by Bill Shaeffer. BS said that a damning piece of evidence that ties Casey to Caylee's death is that she was found in the clothes that she was last seen in by George when caylee left with Casey. When it was pointed out to him that he had made a mistake(by about 20 people) his response was that he hadn't made a mistake and we should trust that he wouldn't print a fact if it wasn't true. There are only three possible conclusions to his bombshell. George has at some stage recanted his earlier testimony about what she was wearing to tie in with what she was found in, or someone else has come forward who was the last person to see Caylee, or Casey herself has recanted her testimony about what Caylee was wearing when she saw her last.
Anyway, I can't stand the waiting! Justice for Caylee!
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:44 pm

My best guess is that it's info from DCasey. I bet he has some other info, emails, texts, etc., (hopefully from Sindy or Bozo) telling him where to look for the remains, and he's finally turned it over to LE/prosecutors. It would take some time to verify the info . . . and prevent the A's from interfering. Heck, maybe he even turned over his bat phone!!
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by momgot2kids Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:45 pm

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2010/02/26/ng.tot.evidence.cnn

If you listen to Kathy at the end around 3:10 interesting how she words it
momgot2kids
momgot2kids