Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KYLEIGH McDANIEL - 1 yo (2010)/ Convicted: Mother's BF; Alexander Stolte - Chelsea VT

+7
IJ_PA
yvette67
kiwimom
alwaysbelieve
admin
Ynot
TomTerrific0420
11 posters

Go down

KYLEIGH McDANIEL - 1 yo (2010)/ Convicted: Mother's BF; Alexander Stolte - Chelsea VT Empty KYLEIGH McDANIEL - 1 yo (2010)/ Convicted: Mother's BF; Alexander Stolte - Chelsea VT

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:44 pm

Chelsea VT --- A 19-year-old Vermont man has
been charged with second-degree murder in the death of his girlfriend’s
1-year-old daughter.
State police say Alexander Stolte of Chelsea was watching 1-year-old Kyleigh
McDaniel of Andover NH, on Wednesday night when she became unresponsive. She
was taken to Gifford Medical Center in Randolph, where she was pronounced
dead.
Vermont’s chief medical examiner has listed the cause of death to be from
blunt impacts of the head and the manner as homicide in the form of assault by others.State police say the baby’s mother had been dating Stolte for at least three
months.
Stolte is to be arraigned Friday in Vermont District Court in Chelsea.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

KYLEIGH McDANIEL - 1 yo (2010)/ Convicted: Mother's BF; Alexander Stolte - Chelsea VT Empty Re: KYLEIGH McDANIEL - 1 yo (2010)/ Convicted: Mother's BF; Alexander Stolte - Chelsea VT

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:38 am

MacKenzie McDaniel clutched her daughter’s Lamb Chop doll,
sobbing in the courtroom Friday as a prosecutor listed the broken bones
and brain injury that killed baby Kyleigh about a week after her first
birthday.

KYLEIGH McDANIEL - 1 yo (2010)/ Convicted: Mother's BF; Alexander Stolte - Chelsea VT Bilde?Site=CM&Date=20100319&Category=BREAK&ArtNo=100319981&Ref=AR&Profile=1030&border=0&MaxH=400&MaxW=336

Alexander Stolte, McDaniel’s 19-year-old boyfriend, is
accused of causing the Andover girl’s fatal injuries Wednesday evening
as he baby-sat Kyleigh at his mother’s house in Vermont.

He
pleaded not guilty to a charge of second-degree murder at his
arraignment Friday in Orange County District Court in Chelsea, Vt.
Stolte, a Penacook native who attended Merrimack Valley High School,
faces up to life in prison if convicted.

“This little girl didn’t
deserve this,” said Janine McDaniel, Kyleigh’s grandmother, standing on
the courthouse steps with friends and family after the hearing. “She
will have justice.”

Stolte was watching Kyleigh McDaniel at his
mother’s home, 302 Brook Road in Chelsea, after MacKenzie McDaniel, 20,
went to work Wednesday afternoon, according to the Vermont State Police.

He
called 911 at 11:22 p.m., later telling the police he checked on
Kyleigh and discovered she wasn’t breathing. Stolte told investigators
he put the girl to bed after giving her some cough medicine for a cold.

The girl, who turned 1 on March 9, was taken to Gifford
Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead, the police said in an
affidavit filed with the court.

A medical exam at the hospital
found Kyleigh suffered multiple rear-skull fractures, bleeding inside
her skull known as a subdural hematoma and a spiral facture to her right
leg, the police said. An autopsy Thursday ruled her death a homicide,
caused by “blunt impacts to the head,” the police said.

Three of
Kyleigh’s ribs had earlier been broken and were healing, the police
said.

Based on the severity of her injuries, “death would have
occurred fairly quickly,” Orange County State’s Attorney Will Porter
said yesterday, adding Stolte had “sole custody” of the child during the
hours when the injuries would have occurred.

Stolte told
investigators he was the only person at the home with Kyleigh but denied
hurting her, the police said. He did say the girl had tripped into her
walker earlier in the evening.

Stolte frantically called
MacKenzie McDaniel at 9:49 p.m., she told the police, saying her
daughter was making noises and “breathing funny,” according to the
affidavit. McDaniel told him it was probably due to her cold and thought
he was overreacting, she told the police.

The next time she
heard from him, she told the police, was at 11:35 p.m. when he called to
say emergency responders were performing CPR on Kyleigh.

Stolte
said he had been drinking vodka that night, after first denying he had
consumed any alcohol, the police said. His blood alcohol level was
measured at .071 percent on a breath test at the hospital, according to
the affidavit.

Stolte didn’t speak in court Friday, entering his
not-guilty plea through his public defender, Dan Sedon. Sedon said
during the arraignment that Stolte will not speak again to
investigators.

Judge Thomas Devine denied bail for Stolte, who is
being held at the Southern State Correctional Facility in Springfield,
Vt., pending a hearing to determine if bail should be granted.

Devine
also ordered, at Sedon’s request, that investigators videotape the
collection of evidence in the case, that samples be kept for independent
analysis and that investigators’ notes be preserved.

Stolte was
the goaltender on the Merrimack Valley 2007 state championship boys
lacrosse team but left the school in the fall of 2008, said Kevin
O’Brien, Merrimack Valley’s administrator for athletics. Stolte told the
Monitor in an interview last year that he had been homeless for five
years.

He and MacKenzie McDaniel had been dating since Christmas,
according to his Facebook page. She lives in Andover and was visiting
him in Chelsea, her family said.

“My daughter was my world. Our
world,” McDaniel said Friday, choking up outside the courthouse.
Kyleigh’s father, Nicholas Robinson of New London, was also there.

MacKenzie
McDaniel’s brother, Army Pfc. Juctin McDaniel, died at age 19 in 2007
of non-combat related injuries while serving in Iraq. She wore a dog
tag-style necklace with his photo to court.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

KYLEIGH McDANIEL - 1 yo (2010)/ Convicted: Mother's BF; Alexander Stolte - Chelsea VT Empty Re: KYLEIGH McDANIEL - 1 yo (2010)/ Convicted: Mother's BF; Alexander Stolte - Chelsea VT

Post by Ynot Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:53 pm

I just attended Kyleigh's wake. I wish some one in the media would talk about the real story here! Nick Robinson the bio Dad has been fighting for custody. He was failed by a lazy and incompetent lawyer and state mediator.

These incompetent "professionals" could have prevented it. Also in Tomterrific's article it stated that , "Three of Kyleigh’s ribs had earlier been broken and were healing" . Tom says this is what the police said. Why isnt the mother of this child being brought up on charges. Anyone who has ever had a child knows how 1 years olds want to be picked up all the time. How do you pick them up? Under the armpits.

That would have caused excrusiating pain with broken ribs which means this girl knew her child was being hurt and she let it happen.

Ynot
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:37 pm

Thank you, Ynot for your "first person" input on this sad case. Such a young child, dying so tragically.
If you peruse some of the other stories in this forum you will find the many failures of those who are charged with protecting children who actually wind up "throwing them to the wolves' so to speak.
Be it attorneys, mediators, judges, DCFS workers, parents, boyfriends, babysitters, family members...whatever.
We should always err on the side of caution for the sake of the health and livelihood of the children.
Welcome to J4C and your contributions are always welcome.
(Not monetary ones, of course) This isn't KidFinders...
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:37 am

An Andover, New Hampshire family that
endured unspeakable tragedy reached out Saturday to make a statement
against child abuse.One month ago, one-year-old Kyleigh Mae
McDaniel, was in the care of her mother's boyfriend, Alexander Stolte,
when she suffered fatal injuries.Stolte is behind bars and
charged with second degree murder in Kyleigh's death.Saturday
night, the baby's family held a vigil to raise awareness of crimes
against children."The first day she rolled over, I literally
jumped out of my seat clapping and cheering," said MacKenzie McDaniel,
Kyleigh's mother.McDaniel implored other parents and caregivers
to treasure their children as she treasured Kyleigh."Don't get
upset, frustrated, or irritated, but yet take it as a lesson that they
are teaching you, not only to love but to be patient," said McDaniel.The
McDaniel family has set up the memorial fund in Kyleigh's name, which
will raise money to combat child abuse and neglect.In this way,
Kyleigh will continue to spread the blessings that she delivered
immediately upon her birth.She arrived at a time when the
McDaniels needed hope, having just lost a son, Pfc. Juctin McDaniel to
the Iraq war in 2007.Donations to the Kyleigh Mae McDaniel
Memorial Fund can be made at any branch of Lake Sunapee Bank.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynot Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:57 am

I Can not believe this!!!!In the autopsy they found prior broken ribs. Anyone who has ever had a 1 yr. old knows how you pick them up under the arms. If you do that to someone with broken ribs you are going to cause pain and they will cry. Don't tell me this mother didn't know her child was being hurt long before the murder.

It is disgraceful that she is acting like the victim here. She allowed / condoned this to happen. I also heard a local rumor that a caregiver had noticed bruising and odd behavior and did nothing to help this innocent child. She should go to jail along with the mother and anyone else who was suspicious but let it slide.

Ynot
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:25 pm

Ynot, as a mother of four, I know exactly what you are saying. There is no way Kyleigh's mom did not know what was happening. Our system of protecting children has broken down to the point where I'm not sure anything can be done. Pot smokers get more time in prison than pedophiles and child abusers. It is outrageous. I'm going to start a new section in our forum called "Child Advocacy". I'll be compiling articles pertaining to the breakdown of our system. One person cannot hope to make a difference, but together, perhaps we can get something done. Information is power...
admin
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynot Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:38 pm

I agree! I am so disturbed that the poor Bio-Dad was left out. He's a nice kid who was trying all the ways he could to get his child out of harms way and was thwarted by lazy lawyers and even lazier state paid mediators.

Mackenzie's behavior reminds me so much of Casey. She was 20 minutes late for the burial because she had to stop at Dunkin Donuts on the way to bury her child. She already has a new boyfriend.

The town has rallied around her and I can't understand why she isn't in jail. It is so frustrating

Ynot
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:52 pm

Ynot wrote:I agree! I am so disturbed that the poor Bio-Dad was left out. He's a nice kid who was trying all the ways he could to get his child out of harms way and was thwarted by lazy lawyers and even lazier state paid mediators.

Mackenzie's behavior reminds me so much of Casey. She was 20 minutes late for the burial because she had to stop at Dunkin Donuts on the way to bury her child. She already has a new boyfriend.

The town has rallied around her and I can't understand why she isn't in jail. It is so frustrating

KYLEIGH McDANIEL - 1 yo (2010)/ Convicted: Mother's BF; Alexander Stolte - Chelsea VT 389609 That is truly shocking.
admin
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaysbelieve Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:56 pm

KYLEIGH McDANIEL - 1 yo (2010)/ Convicted: Mother's BF; Alexander Stolte - Chelsea VT 847791 Ynot, I totally agree with what your saying and my heart goes out to you and the family. This mother had to know what was happening to her child because I would imagine that it didn't happen only when mommy was at work. KYLEIGH McDANIEL - 1 yo (2010)/ Convicted: Mother's BF; Alexander Stolte - Chelsea VT 719242 It might provide a little comfort for you now to realize that those responsible will pay, God will see to it. For now, we just need all the voices we can get to demand a change in the laws to protect the children. I'm a firm believer that the parent should also be held accountable as if they did the crime themselves, ultimately-the parents are suppose to keep these children from harm but, have other priorities.
KYLEIGH McDANIEL - 1 yo (2010)/ Convicted: Mother's BF; Alexander Stolte - Chelsea VT 719242 Just keep up the fight and know your not alone. God Bless!
alwaysbelieve
alwaysbelieve

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaysbelieve Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:58 pm

Admin wrote:
Ynot wrote:I agree! I am so disturbed that the poor Bio-Dad was left out. He's a nice kid who was trying all the ways he could to get his child out of harms way and was thwarted by lazy lawyers and even lazier state paid mediators.

KYLEIGH McDANIEL - 1 yo (2010)/ Convicted: Mother's BF; Alexander Stolte - Chelsea VT 389609 That is truly shocking.

KYLEIGH McDANIEL - 1 yo (2010)/ Convicted: Mother's BF; Alexander Stolte - Chelsea VT 422394 Sadly, it's not shocking. I've seen things like this with a family I'm very acquainted with. The only difference is, their children didn't die of abuse, they had other medical issues but, to put yourself before your childs funeral no matter what the circumstances are is criminal in itself.
alwaysbelieve
alwaysbelieve

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:05 pm

Ynot, has anyone asked Mackenzie about the prior broken ribs that were, according to the autopsy, healing? She had been dating this guy for 3 months, according to the article...First of all, I lived with my ex-fiancee for over a year, and I NEVER, EVER left my children alone with him. NEVER. It hurt his feelings, but too bad. For me, it would take a good five to ten years for someone to be trustworthy enough (for me, personally) to care for my children without me present. Part of the problem I see in many of these cases is a young girl leaving their baby alone with a boyfriend, someone they have only known for a short period of time. Maybe they are naive, or simply uneducated, or feel they have no other options...I don't know....

The caregiver you mentioned should've investigated further. I thought caregivers were mandated reporters? Not sure on that.

As to why no one is questioning the mother on the prior injuries - that is a mystery - maybe the bio dad should push the issue?
admin
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:04 pm

Welcome Ynot. I agree with everything you said. What about the father who had been fighting for custody? Did he have dual custody or weekend visits? The reason I ask is I'm wondering if he saw the pain Kyleigh was in with the broken ribs.
Admin, I am trying to bring awareness about the risk of leaving your child with a boyfriend because young men are ill equipped to care for them. They have no bond with the child so the risk is even greater.
I'm not sure it's just ignorance Admin. I'm starting to wonder if these young mothers aren't just using these guys. They want them to move in 5 minutes after they meet and they're leaving their babies and toddlers with them for hours on end 5 minutes later. I agree with Ynot. The mother is responsible for her childs wellbeing and she should at the very least be charged for neglect having left her with an unsuitable caregiver.
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:31 pm

An Andover family that endured unspeakable tragedy
reached out Saturday to make a statement against child abuse.One
month ago, 1-year-old Kyleigh Mae McDaniel, was in the care of her
mother's boyfriend, Alexander Stolte, when she suffered fatal injuries. Stolte was charged
with second-degree murder in Kyleigh's death.The McDaniel family
held a vigil Saturday night to raise awareness of crimes against
children."The first day she rolled over, I literally jumped out
of my seat clapping and cheering," said MacKenzie McDaniel, Kyleigh's
mother.MacKenzie McDaniel implored other parents and caregivers
to treasure their children, as she treasured Kyleigh."Don't get
upset, frustrated or irritated, but yet, take it as a lesson that they
are teaching you, not only to love but to be patient," MacKenzie
McDaniel said.The McDaniel family has established a memorial fund
in Kyleigh's name to raise money to combat child abuse and neglect.In
this way, Kyleigh will continue to spread the blessings that she
delivered immediately upon her birth. She arrived at a time when the
McDaniels needed hope, having just lost a son, Pfc. Justin McDaniel, in
the Iraq war in 2007.Donations to the Kyleigh Mae McDaniel
Memorial Fund can be made at any branch of Lake Sunapee Bank.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by yvette67 Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:18 pm

Nothing is being done to press charges against the mom and the dad has no justice, no one to vindicate him.
yvette67
yvette67
Squirrel Hunter
Squirrel Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by yvette67 Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:45 pm

Jujst heard that the mom is trying to get pregnant again with another new boyfriend. Disgusting!!!
yvette67
yvette67
Squirrel Hunter
Squirrel Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:03 am

Hi yvette. I wrote about this exact thing in Karsyn Young's thread yesterday. It should be against the law to become a parent until you have become a responsible adult. Boyfriends are for dating, not to make babies with. Worlds going to hell in a handbasket.
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by yvette67 Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:50 pm

Update, Mom is engaged & rumors are she is trying to get pregnant again !
yvette67
yvette67
Squirrel Hunter
Squirrel Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by IJ_PA Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:03 pm

Is there any updates on trail?
Mom and grandmother have FB group. They claim that they have non-profit and collect donations against child abuse.
They monitor all comments and always threatening to delete anything that they do not like....
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=100136560029358

IJ_PA
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:35 pm

Offender Name: ALEXANDER D STOLTE
Offender ID: 123852 Date of Birth: 09/13/1990 Age: 20 Race: White Gender: Male
Custody Status: In Custody Location of Offender: Northern State Correctional Facility
mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:55 pm

Date/Time and Place Case Name/Type of Proceeding/Attorney(s),Guardian(s)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday, Oct. 26 State vs. Stolte, Alexander D.
at 10:00 AM in Room 1 148-3-10 Oecr/Criminal
Status Conference
Atty(s): Ultan Doyle Esq
Daniel M. Sedon
William J. Porter

http://www.state.vt.us/courts/court_cal/oed_cal.htm
mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:39 pm

Accused in child death denied bail
Judge won't review DNA evidence
KYLEIGH McDANIEL - 1 yo (2010)/ Convicted: Mother's BF; Alexander Stolte - Chelsea VT 11102710
Alexander Stolte, 21, walks out of the Vermont Superior Court in Chelsea, Vt., on Wednesday afternoon, October 26, 2011 after being denied bail as he waits for trial. A former Merrimack Valley High School student, Stolte was arrested and charged with second-degree murder in March 2010 in the death of 1-year-old Kyleigh McDaniel of Andover. Dan Sedon, his lawyer, asked that Stolte be released from prison based on new evidence as he awaits trial.

October 27, 2011

Alexander Stolte will remain in a Vermont prison awaiting trial next summer in the murder of 1-year-old Kyleigh McDaniel of Andover, a judge ruled yesterday, saying new DNA evidence in the case isn't reason to overturn an order last year that Stolte be held without bail.

Stolte, 21, a former Merrimack Valley High School student, is charged with second-degree murder in Kyleigh's death in March 2010. He was dating her mother and babysitting the girl at his mother's home in Chelsea, Vt., when she suffered injuries.

He pleaded not guilty to the charge and told investigators he didn't know how Kyleigh was hurt. And his defense attorney, Dan Sedon, asked this week that Stolte be released from custody.

In a motion filed Monday, Sedon wrote that Kyleigh was sexually assaulted, and DNA from a single hair recovered from her body doesn't match either her or Stolte, indicating that someone else was present. That, he said, undercuts the case against Stolte, which he described as circumstantial.

But at a hearing yesterday in Vermont Superior Court in Chelsea, Judge Harold Eaton said Vermont law doesn't allow him to consider the new evidence in reviewing the March 31, 2010, order from Judge Thomas Devine denying bail to Stolte.

"It is this court's view that I am not to get into a reweighing of the evidence on guilt or innocence at this point," Eaton said. "That has been done by Judge Devine."

Sedon said he was shocked by Eaton's ruling, and said he'll likely appeal the decision. He also said he may file a motion to dismiss the case entirely for lack of evidence against Stolte.
KYLEIGH McDANIEL - 1 yo (2010)/ Convicted: Mother's BF; Alexander Stolte - Chelsea VT 11102711
Eileen Blaney, second from left, sits in the Vermont Superior Court in Chelsea, Vt., surrounded by friends from the community and her daughter, Amanda, during a hearing for her son Alexander Stolte, 21. Stolte, a former Merrimack Valley High School student, was arrested and charged with second-degree murder in March 2010 in the death of 1-year-old Kyleigh McDaniel of Andover. Stolte appeared in court on Wednesday afternoon, October 26, 2011, with his lawyer, Dan Sedon. Sedon asked that Stolte be released from prison based on new evidence as he awaits trial.

"At this point, the kid is plainly innocent. . . . You can hide behind procedure and pretend the evidence doesn't exist, but you're whistling past the graveyard," Sedon said outside the courthouse.

Stolte's mother, Eileen Blaney, blasted the ruling.

"Our family believes that the court hearing today was unfair in light of the new evidence submitted to my son's attorney from the state. . . . Our family, including Alexander, want Kyleigh's murderer brought to justice. We all loved her," she said. "Although we understand the process, we also have put our faith in the system. We feel, at this time, that the system is failing my son."

Orange County State's Attorney William Porter said after yesterday's hearing that he'll "absolutely" continue to prosecute Stolte in the killing.

"There's no question," Porter said.

'Modifying evidence'

Stolte was arrested March 18, 2010, in Kyleigh's death. The previous night, he had been babysitting her at the house in Chelsea, and called 911 about 11:22 p.m. to report Kyleigh needed help. She was taken to a nearby hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

Stolte repeatedly told investigators that he was alone in the house at the time when an autopsy determined Kyleigh apparently received fatal blows to the head, the police said. She also had a broken right leg and three previously broken ribs that were healing. The autopsy also revealed evidence of a sexual assault.

"There's only one person who was in that home with Kyleigh when she sustained these injuries, and the evidence clearly establishes that it was Mr. Stolte," Porter said at a March 30, 2010 bail hearing. Devine, the judge then overseeing the case, issued an order the next day denying bail for Stolte.

But Sedon's 17-page motion this week said DNA testing was completed this summer on a single hair recovered from Kyleigh's vagina, and that the hair didn't match her or Stolte.

That, he said, shows someone else was in the house that night, and effectively exonerates Stolte.

"There is a complete and total lack of forensic evidence connecting Alex Stolte to the crime," Sedon wrote, adding that "the only piece of tangible evidence recovered implicates an unidentified person and is proof of Mr. Stolte's actual innocence."

In an 11-page written response, Porter reviewed evidence in the case but didn't directly address the DNA evidence. He did say, however, that Sedon's motion "does not challenge or dispute the factual findings made by Judge Devine by his order of March 31, 2010."

That order determined that there was enough evidence against Stolte to hold him without bail. Porter wrote that "the effects of any modifying evidence are excluded from this determination" and that "the question of actual guilt or innocence" isn't a relevant issue.

"Conflicts between inculpatory and exculpatory facts cannot be resolved at bail review hearings as they are matters that await the jury's determination," Porter wrote, adding, "In essence, the defendant is now asking the court to resolve such conflicts in connection with this review."

Eaton agreed in court yesterday, saying he couldn't consider new evidence as a basis for overturning the original bail order.

"Isn't the standard that applies here the same, and that is taking the evidence in the light most favorable to the state and excluding any modifying evidence?" Eaton asked Sedon. "Isn't everything you're presenting in your motion all modifying evidence that's been developed through discovery?"

Try, try again

Sedon also tried to persuade Eaton to release Stolte by arguing that the young man didn't pose a flight risk, had support in the community and would find housing and work if released.

Blaney, Stolte's mother, took the stand and testified that she and Stolte's father would help pay for an apartment in Burlington where Stolte and his sister, Amanda, could live. Stolte would be able to find work there, she said. She also said a woman in Tunbridge was willing to let Stolte live at her house pending trial.

But Eaton wasn't convinced. He noted that the living arrangements and employment weren't finalized, and ordered Stolte to continue being held without bail.

Stolte appeared relaxed in court yesterday, smiling and laughing with Sedon and looking back at a group of his supporters in the audience, including his mother. After he was denied bail, though, he lowered his face as he was led out of the courtroom.

Eaton also admonished the lawyers in the case to avoid making public statements that could prejudice the judicial process ahead of trial, which he said is scheduled for next summer.

Sedon, who has spoken to news outlets including the Monitor about the case, objected to Eaton's remarks. He noted the Vermont State Police issued a news release about Stolte's arrest, and said law enforcement officials had Stolte appear in court yesterday in prison clothes instead of a shirt and tie as he wished.

"In that context, judge, I do not see my representation as limited to issues of guilt and innocence. I represent his legal interests in connection with this case," Sedon said. "And to that end, I will exercise my First Amendment right to speak about this case, unless I am ordered by a court of competent jurisdiction not to."

Eaton replied, "We are going to try this case in court and not in the press."

http://www.concordmonitor.com/article/288355/accused-in-child-death-denied-bail?page=0,1&CSAuthResp=1319812694%3Adphtkcbis80gpoa9tfm9dlsdp3%3ACSUserId|CSGroupId%3Aapproved%3AF297F86021A4C9D11374A8257A2E1112&CSUserId=94&CSGroupId=1
mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by flash0115 Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:24 pm

why cant something b done to these nutjobs for hurting these babies? their stories are all the same! im so upset about this mess, i cant even put into words how i feel! sorry for the rant. pull hair

flash0115
Local Celebrity (no autographs, please)
Local Celebrity (no autographs, please)

Job/hobbies : Pretending to maintain my sanity

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:47 pm

Infant killer gets 15-30 years
Stolte: 'I am a horrible person'

By BEN LEUBSDORF, Monitor staff
Thursday, August 30, 2012

Alexander Stolte was called a monster and a liar yesterday as he was sentenced to spend 15-30 years in prison for killing his girlfriend's 1-year-old daughter. His victim's grandmother said she would make it her mission to never let him escape his crime.

More harsh words came from Stolte himself, as the former Merrimack Valley High School student stood in a Vermont courtroom and apologized for fatally injuring Kyleigh McDaniel of Andover while he was baby-sitting her the night of March 17, 2010.

"I am a horrible person to have taken a child away from her family and friends," said Stolte, 21.

Yesterday's sentencing came more than 29 months after Kyleigh was pronounced dead just after midnight March 18, 2010, the victim of head trauma that Stolte later admitted he caused by drunkenly slamming her head to the ground when she wouldn't stop crying.

He pleaded guilty in June to manslaughter, avoiding the possibility of a life sentence had he gone to trial this summer on the original charge of second-degree murder. He also pleaded guilty to a charge of aggravated assault for causing injuries to Kyleigh in February 2010 that left the girl with several broken bones.

One issue wasn't resolved: Last year, Stolte's lawyer, Dan Sedon, said an autopsy revealed signs that Kyleigh had been sexually assaulted, and a hair recovered from her vagina didn't match Stolte's DNA.

Orange County State's Attorney William Porter said yesterday there are many possible explanations for how the hair could have been transferred to Kyleigh's body, with little hard evidence as to how and when it got there.

"There is no one else that will be charged as a result of what happened that night," Porter said outside the courthouse.

'I will be your shadow'

Stolte was the goaltender on Merrimack Valley's 2007 state-championship lacrosse team, but in 2008 dropped out of school and became homeless in Concord.

By early 2010, he was dating Kyleigh's mother, MacKenzie McDaniel of Andover, and was watching the girl the night of March 17 at his mother's home in Chelsea, Vt.

He was drinking that night, he later admitted, and had been playing with Kyleigh, intending to throw her up into the air but miscalculating and throwing her into a pile of toys instead. She started crying, and he couldn't get her to calm down.

"As the crying became worse and the defendant was unable to quiet her, he became more and more frustrated," Porter said June 14, when Stolte entered his guilty pleas. "The defendant grabbed Kyleigh and he slammed her down on the ground several times to stop her from crying. When he did so, Kyleigh's head hit the floor," causing fatal injuries.

He then wrapped her in a blanket and put her to bed, only later calling 911 for an ambulance.

Under a plea agreement, Stolte will serve consecutive sentences of 14 to 15 years for manslaughter and 1 to15 years for assault, with credit for time served since his arrest. That means he could be eligible for parole as early as March 2025.

The deal was reached after prosecutors revealed they had recordings of phone calls Stolte made from prison, as well as a letter he sent to a family friend, in which he indicated that he had hurt Kyleigh. Porter said in court yesterday that Kyleigh's family generally supports the deal, which he said allowed them to learn how and why Stolte killed the girl.

But Janine McDaniel, Kyleigh's grandmother, said in court she wished Stolte would face a harsher punishment.

"The justice today that he faces is nothing compared to what we want. What I personally would want (is) for him (to) be in prison for the rest of his life, without parole, in the worst prison condition possible," McDaniel said.

Stolte showed little expression but met McDaniel's gaze several times as she spoke.

"You're a monster, not worthy to breathe air that we breathe," she said. "I will be your shadow. I will be there at every parole hearing. I will be there if you are released, and I will do everything legally possible to make sure that everybody knows who you are and what you have done.

"I curse you, Alex," she continued. "Alexander David Stolte, I curse you to live through Kyleigh Mae McDaniel's pain, day in and day out. . . . Daymares, nightmares. Every day of your life, I want you to feel that pain."

Kyleigh's parents, MacKenzie McDaniel and Nicholas Robinson, were in court yesterday but didn't speak.

Eileen Blaney, Stolte's mother, last year proclaimed her son's innocence. Yesterday, she said that she agreed with his sentence.

"For 2½ years, we have always said, 'Justice for Kyleigh first,' and for 2½ years, we did not know what that justice was. We were led down a path clouded by smoke and paved with mirrors," she said. "We are very thankful that Alexander told us all the truth back in June. Now, justice has been done for Kyleigh. And tomorrow, we move on."

'The best that can be done'

Stolte, in a sometimes-halting statement to the court, said he was sorry for what he did to Kyleigh.

"I realize the immense pain that I have caused, not only to the families involved, but to the community and myself," he said. "I have taken a child's life away from her mother. . . . I hope, at some point in your life, you will forgive me for my actions."

But Judge Harold Eaton said he wasn't convinced Stolte's regret is real.

Eaton noted Stolte's father, mother and sister "all said that you lie to suit your purposes, so why should anyone believe you now?" Eaton also said Stolte has incurred 39 disciplinary reports while awaiting trial in prison, including an assault and an attempt to have a friend smuggle drugs to him.

"Now, as you face a lengthy incarceration, you tell us how sorry you are about what happened," Eaton told Stolte. "But this is not the time to be sorry. The time for that was when you hurt Kyleigh the first time, or when you got drunk and hurt her again. But then you weren't sorry. Instead, you slammed her to the floor, killing her."

Eaton also noted the serious nature of Stolte's offense.

"It's difficult to imagine a crime which involves a greater breach of trust than that which resulted in Kyleigh's death," he said. "She was a little girl, entrusted to you by her mother, whom you claim to have loved and who believed you would look after Kyleigh and keep her safe. Instead, you got drunk, hurt her when you played too rough with her and then fatally injured her when she cried."

Toward the close of yesterday's 29-minute hearing, Eaton accepted the plea deal and formally sentenced Stolte to spend 15 to 30 years in prison.

"In a perfect world, I could impose a sentence which would give Kyleigh back the life that you robbed from her," Eaton said. "She will not get to experience going to school, playing with friends, learning to drive, going on a date, getting married, having children or any of the other things that life offers. She has lost those things forever, and no one can give them back to her."

But, he said, a prison sentence will punish Stolte, and in time give him a chance for rehabilitation.

"It is the best that can be done," Eaton said.

http://www.concordmonitor.com/article/351430/infant-killer-put-away-for-15-30-years
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:34 am

Another POS mother.  Another POS man.  Another dead baby. Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down