Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ANTHONY JONES III - 9 Months and SHA'RAILYN WRIGHT - 3yo -(2009) Cincinnati OH

2 posters

Go down

ANTHONY JONES III - 9 Months and SHA'RAILYN WRIGHT - 3yo -(2009) Cincinnati OH Empty ANTHONY JONES III - 9 Months and SHA'RAILYN WRIGHT - 3yo -(2009) Cincinnati OH

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:40 pm

At first, Crystal Lewis thought her good friend Noelle Washington was
sleeping in a chair when she walked into Washington's Pendleton apartment just
after midnight June 1."The baby was in her arms and her head was like this," Lewis said, putting
her hand down to her chest and then to one side, "and her phone was in her right hand."
Washington held her 9-month-old son, Anthony Jones III, in her arms. Lewis'
3-year-old daughter, Sha'Railyn Wright, was on the floor on the other side of the room.
"I looked down to the baby and seen a bullet hole right here," Lewis said of
Anthony, touching her forehead and beginning to cry.
"That's when I said, 'My baby's dead. He killed my baby. My baby's dead.'"
Lewis, 20, is one of the prosecution's star witnesses in their case against
Mark Pickens, who is accused of three counts of murder and weapons charges.
Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty in the case being tried with a
jury before Hamilton County Common Pleas Court Judge Steve Martin.
Lewis and Washington met at Newport Middle School in Kentucky and became good
friends. Washington was Sha'Railyn's godmother and watched her often for Lewis.
Sha'Railyn was at Washington's 13th Street apartment the night of
May 31 when Washington and Lewis sent each other a series of text messages.
"She said she was done with him. She wanted to move on," Lewis said of Washington.
"She told me, 'Mark raped me. I got bruises all over because he beat me,' " Lewis testified Thursday.
Another Washington text to Lewis about Pickens read: "He crazy as hell. He might kill me."
Prosecutors believe Pickens was mad at Washington, one of his
several girlfriends, because she told police he raped her. He got even, they
believe, by killing her and her infant. Sha'Railyn was killed, they believe,
because she could identify Pickens. All three were shot in the head at point-blank range.
Lewis said she grew suspicious of Pickens on May 31
because he called her from Washington's phone looking for her. She said she knew
Washington was planning to move to Tennessee to get away from Pickens and she was worried for her friend.
Later that night, Lewis received a text from Washington that noted Pickens was at her house minutes before the three people
were killed. "She said, 'Mark just walked through my kitchen,' " Lewis said of Washington's text message.
Earlier, three other witnesses gave testimony that was damning to Pickens.
A man testified that just before midnight on May 31, he walked past Washington's home and saw her outside the building
arguing with Pickens. He said he was so worried he asked her if she needed help.
Another witness, a woman who attended church nearby, said she saw
Pickens go into Washington's building, heard music turned way up and then heard
what she thought at the time were firecrackers. Moments later, she added, she
saw what prosecutors say was Pickens quickly ride his bicycle from the scene.
Another Pickens girlfriend, Jonda Palmer, also testified against
him - but not before she initially refused. She only relented after the judge
told her if she didn't testify he would cite her for contempt and throw her in jail.
After a brief break, she agreed to testify. She said she saw
Pickens with a gun May 31 hours before the three were killed, and heard him say
he was in a murderous rage. "He said, 'I feel like killing someone,' " Palmer testified.
When she saw Pickens that night, she hugged him and
felt a gun she then saw when she lifted up her shirt, she said. Palmer also said
Pickens asked her to get other girls and beat up Washington because Washington
told police Pickens raped her.
On Friday, Lewis will be questioned by Pickens' attorneys. Another prosecution witness, Montez Lee, also will be called
to testify that Pickens confessed the killings to him when both were at the Justice Center at the same time.
Lee is a convicted killer. The judge told the jurors - seven men, five women and four alternates - they could
get the case Tuesday or Wednesday and should prepare to be sequestered.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

ANTHONY JONES III - 9 Months and SHA'RAILYN WRIGHT - 3yo -(2009) Cincinnati OH Empty Re: ANTHONY JONES III - 9 Months and SHA'RAILYN WRIGHT - 3yo -(2009) Cincinnati OH

Post by mermaid55 Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:23 pm

Jury recommends death for Mark Pickens

8:42 PM, May. 4, 2010

Mark Pickens will become the 34th Hamilton County murderer on Ohio’s Death Row after a jury recommended Tuesday he receive the death penalty for each of the three murders he was convicted of last week.
• Death for the murder and rape of Noelle Washington, 19, his sometime girlfriend.

• Death for the murder of her 9-month-old son, Anthony Jones III.

• Death for the murder of her 3-year-old godchild, Sha’Railyn Wright.
Pickens showed no emotion when the jury’s recommendation was announced except to bite his lip as he has done throughout the four-week trial. Last week, the jury took most of two days before agreeing that Pickens was guilty of weapons charges, rape and three counts of aggravated murder but deliberated just 2½ hours before making Tuesday’s unanimous recommendation for death.

“I’m glad justice has been served because my daughter will never see another day in life and now neither will he,” Crystal Lewis said immediately after the jury’s recommendation.
Lewis is the mother of Sha’Railyn, the 3-year-old Pickens shot and killed June 1. She also was the best friend of Washington, the woman Pickens shot in the back of the head after she told police he raped her May 31. Pickens also shot both of the children in the head – Anthony in the forehead and Sha’Railyn as she was covering her head with her hands.
Pickens would be the second Hamilton County murderer to be sentenced to death this year; serial killer Anthony Kirkland was sentenced March 31. But before that, Hamilton County juries had gone seven years without recommending a death sentence.

Lewis was exchanging text messages with Washington the night of June 1 when Washington told her Pickens somehow was in her house. Lewis raced to Washington’s apartment in the 400 block of 13th Street in Pendleton where she found the trio dead.

Lewis was particularly upset at Pickens’ Tuesday statement to jurors. Pickens begged them to spare his life and insisted he never would hurt anyone “especially children,” adding he knew Sha’Railyn.

“He didn’t know my daughter. He knew of her. He knew of her because of what he did to her,” Lewis said.
She also mocked the manhood of Pickens, who bragged to police he had sex with two to three women daily.

“That’s not a man. That’s a monster. That’s an animal,” Lewis said. “That’s an ignorant person, not a man.”

Pickens killed her daughter, Lewis is sure, because Sha’Railyn could identify him to police. “She was a smart 3-year-old,” she said.

Pickens’ attorneys, Perry Ancona and Norm Aubin, wouldn’t comment after the recommendation. They asked jurors to sentence Pickens to life in prison after the triple murderer pleaded with the jury for his life and denied the crimes.

“I beg you, please don’t take my life,” Pickens asked jurors.

“I did not do it. I wouldn’t hurt anyone like that, especially children …“I’m so scared.”

Assistant Hamilton County Prosecutor Seth Tieger said his office will continue to take such heinous crimes seriously.

“Shooting babies in the head is unheard of,” Tieger said.

Pickens’ official sentencing is June 4 before Common Pleas Court Judge Steve Martin. He will set an execution date at that time, but that will be an artificial date. Pickens won’t be executed for years, perhaps more than a decade, as his case is appealed.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20100504/NEWS010702/305040038/Jury-recommends-death-Mark-Pickens

mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down