Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Note from HLN Anchor; Christy Paul

Go down

A Note from HLN Anchor; Christy Paul Empty A Note from HLN Anchor; Christy Paul

Post by TomTerrific0420 Tue May 11, 2010 8:53 pm

A Note from Christi Paul

Posted: 12:15 PM ET

Good afternoon my friends! I can’t tell you how excited I am to kick off our
“Find Our Children” segment today on In Session! This is a real
partnership between us, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
in Washington DC and you. Each week we’re introducing you to a child who’s missing. The
past couple years we’ve done this segment on CNN.com as well as HLN and
I’m so happy to report that three of the children we’ve profiled are now
home and safe with their families again! And that’s all thanks to
you! That’s what I mean by partnership – we can air it all we want but
it’s you, our viewers, who take the few minutes to really study the
picture on your screen, hear the story and then remember it as you go
about your day. It means so much to the families of these children that
you care enough to take a good look and we really CAN get results!
This segment idea was born when I sat down one night after a
particularly tough day at work covering the sentencing of John Couey who
kidnapped and murdered 9-year old Jessica Lunsford. I just couldn’t
shake what happened to that little girl and vowed that night to try and
do something that might help families and children avoid that same
fate. I was so sick of having to look into that camera and tell you,
the viewer, that another child was kidnapped or killed. We have a
unique opportunity in media to disperse vital information that can help
people and that’s what this segment is all about. Thank you so much for
your support of “Find Our Children” and I hope you get something, too,
out of the “Making You Smarter” element of the segment. That’s where
we’ll reveal key points studied by The National Center for Missing and
Exploited Children that can help you keep YOUR kids safe!

- Christi Paul, HLN Anchor
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

A Note from HLN Anchor; Christy Paul Empty Re: A Note from HLN Anchor; Christy Paul

Post by TomTerrific0420 Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:56 pm

Some nights, Christi Paul goes home from her job at HLN in tears.A mother of three, Paul gets caught up in stories of child abuse and murder, which have become regular features of cable news networks.Fed up, Paul began a series of segments called "Find Our Children," first for CNN's website, then for HLN and now TruTV. The pieces are designed to help get missing kids back to their homes."I was just sick to death of sitting at that stupid desk and having to tell viewers that there was another kid kidnapped or murdered or molested," Paul says. "These are the stories that sit with me. I thought there's got to be a way to help these kids. They're not lost causes.""Find Our Children" airs Tuesday at 1:45 p.m. and then again on Thursdays during "In Session" on TruTV. The segments will begin airing Mondays on HLN next month.In the past year, the show has led to the return of nine children, including one last month who was found a day after Paul's segment aired. "Find Our Children" is produced in cooperation with the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children."We have to tell these stories a million times," says Paul. "We've turned into a society that writes them off. The fact that some of these kids were found ... I think that's proof positive that we can't write them off."Many cases profiled on the show are parental kidnappings, which tend to be ignored, Paul says, because viewers think it's okay as long as kids are with family.But she notes that many times, such kidnappings are retaliation for a conflict between the parents.Getting the call, or an e-mail, about a successful find helps offset the bad news that she sometimes must deliver."I feel like I'm so connected to each of these cases," she says. "As a mom, I cannot figure out in my mind how I would function on a day-to-day basis if I didn't know where my child was."She praises the TruTV viewers who have phoned in tips and sightings that lead to children being returned. The exposure on HLN can only help, she says."It really does establish that people care about what you're telling them, that they're willing to do something to help, and that they can do something to help," she says.Even though she's found some success with the "Find Our Children" segments, Paul admits she continues to be shaken by brutal stories involving kids."When I'm on the air, you have to be able to put that wall up," she says. "The job is to be able to tell the viewer what's going on. Once I walk away from the set, there are some kinds of things I can't shake."The murder of little Caylee Anthony in Florida (whose mother has been charged in the 2008 case) is one, she says."It's so disturbing," she says. "Okay, we couldn't help those kids. But there are kids we can, and we have to keep moving forward. It is very important to relay there is hope and that people care."
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down