Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Parents 'Beat' Me, and Thank God They Did

2 posters

Go down

My Parents 'Beat' Me, and Thank God They Did Empty My Parents 'Beat' Me, and Thank God They Did

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:02 pm

Steven Crowder

- FoxNews.com

- July 09, 2010

Is discipline truly child abuse?My Parents 'Beat' Me, and Thank God They Did 668

It was the Fourth of July, and I was wading in my apartment’s community pool. A four-year-old with a Brock Lesnar-esque flat-top started squirting me with his water gun. Being a longtime advocate of “frolicking” myself, I lightly splashed the boy with some pool water in return.

CRAAAAACK!

Next thing I know, the little fungus had pistol-whipped me so hard that he’d broken the nozzle. Once noticing his broken toy, he started to cry. Even more surprisingly, he ran back to his all too sympathetic poolside mother to tell her about the mean man who’d broken his gun.

Naturally she coddled him. What a pansy…. And what an enabler.

In my family, things would have been handled a little bit differently. First, my father would have looked me square in the face and told me “Well, I guess that was a pretty stupid thing for you to do then, huh?”

More importantly, I would have had a firm spanking awaiting me at home later in the evening, courtesy of the wooden spoon. My hide would have been so tanned that it would look like a pioneer trader's pelt.

Not only would I have never squirted a poolside stranger again, but I’d probably have avoided assaulting strangers with any item from my Fisher-Price arsenal altogether. Some might consider this abuse, others a valuable life lesson. You say tomato… I say get the belt.

See, it’s not only the physical act of “spanking” that progressive society sees as abuse, but the negative repercussions on the child’s “self-esteem.” What a crock. A four-year-old should have no self-esteem, and for good reason. What could he have possibly accomplished in his life to justify esteeming oneself so highly?

First stop, self esteem. Next stop, reality television. Snookie would be proud.

Instead of focusing on the little brat’s self-confidence, how about teaching him to esteem others first? That’s the only way that a child’s underdeveloped, candy-centric brain can truly develop any self-worth.

Unless taught otherwise, children are the most selfish, oblivious little Philistines on the planet. They have no family, no job, no responsibilities and nothing but time to think about their gluttonous, sticky selves. Weshould be teaching them to take some focus off of themselves and onto how they can best serve/treat others. That way, they’ll begin grow through valid accomplishments, and they’ll have an actual reason for self-esteem. Say, there’s a concept that works!

At the end of the day, if you’re not spanking your child and instilling in them the ideas of selflessness, servitude and wisdom, you’re probably looking at a future P. Diddy in the making (maybe even a Keith Olbermann, take your pick).

Welcome to the age of entitlement… it all starts with being entitled to “self-esteem.” Is discipline (both mental and physical) in place of coddling, truly child abuse? I don’t know, but it sure as hell is effective. Also, it would be conducive to me not getting pistol-whipped with a Super Soaker. Isn’t that worth fighting for?

Steven Crowder is a writer/comedian and Fox News contributor.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

My Parents 'Beat' Me, and Thank God They Did Empty Re: My Parents 'Beat' Me, and Thank God They Did

Post by twinkletoes Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:42 am

Our prisons are over crowded, filled with people who were abused as children. Brutes that beat children don't know what discipline is. They are using their kids as a punching bag, a release for their hate, anger and frustration due to their own sorry lives.

Parents who don't abuse their gifts from God, their children are not "coddling" them. That is a whole different topic. Steve Crowder, who wrote this article, needs to school himself on what child abuse is and the ramifications of it.

Millions live with the scars of child abuse, both mental and physical. Many end up in prison. Many continue the practice by abusing their own children. Not too many would think the alternative was coddling.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

My Parents 'Beat' Me, and Thank God They Did Empty Re: My Parents 'Beat' Me, and Thank God They Did

Post by TomTerrific0420 Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:37 pm

There is an old saying, Spare the rod and spoil the child.
I believe there is world-apart difference from parental spanking and abuse.
In certain circumstances, in younger children, a well placed (and controlled) hand on the butt can be an invaluable tool in helping a child learn the "no's" of society and family.
The real problem exists when caregivers beat the "living daylights" out of a baby for innocuous and expected behavior. Like pooping a diaper, for instance.
If you cannot determine where the boundary line is, then you are best not approaching it at all.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:59 am

Parents Who Spank, Why Do You Do It?

October 16th, 2010
Are you guy’s identifying with the abuser? Were you spanked as kids so you grew up to also spank? What If I were to tell you that you didn’t have to spank in order to raise responsible, well mannered kids? Wouldn’t any decent human being refrain from using such a violent form of “discipline” when there are better non violent methods that are PROVEN scientifically to work BETTER in most cases?

Why were virtually ALL prisoners spanked as kids? Why do all pro-spanking people have the same attitude? They all were spanked as kids, they all have these wonderful stories of how they, their forefathers and so on were spanked yet “they all turned out fine.”

Why don’t any meta-analysis back those claims? It’s similar to pedophiles who were molested as children yet have convinced themselves that they were in consenting relationships. Then you got the Pro-Spanker who is educated and aware of the data, yet they try to justify their abuse by saying things like “Well, spanking is only bad if it’s not done right, and it should only be a last resort”.

Again similar to child molestor or “childlover” arguments which state if a Man/kid relationship is “done right” there will be no adverse effects. Did you know if you were to forcibly spank an 18 year old person it would be considered sexual abuse? Spanking is proven to be capable of sexual arousal. It can vibrate the pudenda nerve.

So sorry, if you were spanked, you WERE abused. Stop denying it. If you were in a relationship at 13 with a 21 year old YOU WERE ABUSED. Sorry. I’m not saying you have to feel you were abused or feel sorry for yourself, but ITS NOT ok to repeat the abuse on innocent children. Peace, Happiness, and Love. My Parents 'Beat' Me, and Thank God They Did Icon_smile
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down