Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JODI POWERS - 19 yo - Earlington (SW of Owensboro) KY

4 posters

Go down

JODI POWERS - 19 yo - Earlington (SW of Owensboro) KY Empty JODI POWERS - 19 yo - Earlington (SW of Owensboro) KY

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:09 am

Earlington KY ----The Kentucky State Police are requesting the public’s
assistance with locating a missing teen from Earlington, KY.

On September 1, 2010, Jodi Powers was reported missing by her mother
to the Earlington Police Department. Subsequently, they contacted the KSP and requested
that the KSP handle the investigation. Jodi Powers is a 19 year-old
white, female. She has brown hair and green eyes. She is 5 foot 1 inch
tall and weighs approximately 110 pounds. She has a tattoo of a lizard
behind her left ear and a tattoo of an “M” on her left wrist. She was
last seen wearing a white and blue shirt, blue jeans, and flip flops.
JODI POWERS - 19 yo - Earlington (SW of Owensboro) KY Powers_jodismall

Anyone with information concerning Jodi Powers’ whereabouts is urged to
contact the Kentucky State Police at 1-270-676-3313 or toll-free in
Kentucky at 1-800-222-5555.
JODI POWERS - 19 yo - Earlington (SW of Owensboro) KY Powers_jodi
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

JODI POWERS - 19 yo - Earlington (SW of Owensboro) KY Empty Re: JODI POWERS - 19 yo - Earlington (SW of Owensboro) KY

Post by kiwimom Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:01 pm

Family hopeful of finding missing Ky. teen

MADISONVILLE, Ky. (AP)
-- The family of a western Kentucky teenager is hopeful she'll be found
safely after being missing for a week. Kentucky State Police are
searching for 19-year-old Jodi Powers of Earlington after her family
reported her missing on Aug. 30.

Amy Powers told the Madisonville Messenger
that it's out of character for her sister to stay away from family. The
missing person case was turned over to Kentucky State Police on Friday.
State Police Detective Dan Morck said police Saturday in various places
in Hopkins County, but declined to name specific locations.

Jodi Powers is a white female, 5 feet 1 inch
tall and weighs 110 pounds. She has a tattoo of a lizard behind her left
ear and a piercing in the center of her chest.
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

JODI POWERS - 19 yo - Earlington (SW of Owensboro) KY Empty Re: JODI POWERS - 19 yo - Earlington (SW of Owensboro) KY

Post by kiwimom Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:20 am

Posters note: It's a bit confusing, but Jodi has a 2 year old and it sounds like the child was with her when she went missing. This article made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up as it sounded like Casey. Do we have a missing 2 year old as well?

story by Kimberly Barbour

EARLINGTON, KY - Kentucky State Police say
they are actively searching for 19-year-old Jodi Powers of Earlington,
Kentucky after her family says they haven't seen her in almost a week.

Belinda Powers says it's been since last
Saturday when she heard her daughter, Jodi Powers' voice. She didn't
know if she could talk about to us about it on camera until the courage
she needed landed on her shoulder.

"It just flew up when you came," Belinda Powers said.

She says butterflies have always been her
good luck charm. With that boost of encouragement, she was able to walk
us through the last six days. Saturday, her daughter told her over the
phone she'd be home that evening, but she wasn't. Sunday, her daughter's
father says he talked to her about bringing her two-year-old daughter
home, but still no sign of Jodi Powers. Friends tell the family they saw
her Monday, but Belinda Powers says no one's stories are lining up.

"I've heard so many different stories. I'm
not getting any honesty out of any of them. Tuesday is when reality
actually set in, and I realized that she wasn't coming back," Powers
said.

That's when she decided something was suspicious and needed help from police.

"She never has done this. Never. She always calls me. She calls on her daughter. She never just disappears," Powers said.

Kentucky State Police say the Earlington
Police Department handed the investigation over to them. The Powers'
family said detectives came and got some of Jodi's clothes Friday. We
caught up with investigators after they took dogs out around the Rural
King store to search for her scent.

"With missing persons cases, you never know
what quite has happened or could happen," Kentucky State Police Trooper
Stu Recke said.

Belinda Powers says it's a mother's worst nightmare and is pleading for anyone's help.

"She's a good girl and we miss her. If anybody knows anything please contact state police," Powers said.

KSP says to call them if you have seen Jodi
Powers in the last week, or know anything that may help in this
investigation. We will continue to follow this story.

NEWS 25 Story Tracker
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:30 am

if (PLATFORM.EventMan) PLATFORM.EventMan.triggerEvent('WNStoryRelatedBoxdone');

HOPKINS CO, KY (WFIE) - Kentucky State Police continue to investigate the disappearance of a young Hopkins County mother.

Police say 19-year-old Jodi Powers of Earlington has been missing since last Saturday. She has a two year old daughter.

Jodi's mother, Belinda, tells 14 News her
daughter was last seen with Richard Cates Jr, who was arrested this week
on drug charges.

Cates told police Jodi jumped out of his truck near Rural King in Madisonville.Police say her purse was found in his truck.

Family and friends have been trying to gather
any information that might bring Jodi home. They are offering a
reward for her safe return.

If you have any information please call Kentucky State Police, that number is (270) 676-3313.
Even more confused after reading this article. Where is Jodi's daughter?
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaysbelieve Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:41 am

Ok, this is creepy. Where is the baby? They don't really specify if the child is with her mom or not, strange for sure.
alwaysbelieve
alwaysbelieve

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:34 am

"She never has done this. Never. She always calls me. She calls on her daughter. She never just disappears," Powers said.
---I may be reading between the lines but I am extrapolating that the grandmom has legal/informal custody and Jodi "calls on her daughter", as in telephones or visits... I think.
My guess: the boyfriend is the main person of interest.
Of course, he being the last to see her.
Cates told police Jodi jumped out of his truck near Rural King in Madisonville.Police say her purse was found in his truck.
So, she jumped out of his truck, without her purse. What would you say ladies to that being a planned or unplanned jump???
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear aka GA Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:38 pm

TomTerrific0420 wrote:
---I may be reading between the lines but I am extrapolating that the grandmom has legal/informal custody and Jodi "calls on her daughter", as in telephones or visits... I think.
My guess: the boyfriend is the main person of interest.
Of course, he being the last to see her.
So, she jumped out of his truck, without her purse. What would you say ladies to that being a planned or unplanned jump???

I'm guessing he was the last one to see her and he knows exactly where she now is, as he most likely killed her. Sad to always assume the worst in cases like these...... But do the Math......The odds are against her. JODI POWERS - 19 yo - Earlington (SW of Owensboro) KY 719242 I'm wrong and she is found and bought home safe!
Bear aka GA
Bear aka GA

Job/hobbies : Staying Single

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:03 pm

This article makes it clear Jodi's daughter is safe with her grandmother thankfully.
Police say they are following leads and actively searching for the young woman.
A week ago Jodi Powers' told her mom to save her some BBQ ribs-- because she'd be home for dinner.
But Jodi never came home-- and now her family hopes someone will come forward with information leading them to her.
Amy Powers says her family has been sitting outside their Earlington apartment- and sitting by the phone-- hoping to hear from 19 year old Jodi Powers, who has been missing since Saturday.
"We've cried, we've been upset we've talked to a bunch of people it's been crazy," Amy said.
Jodi's family says she recently began hanging out with a different set of friends-- and may have fallen in with the wrong crowd.
Her sister says Jodi has never been away from home this long and has never gone more than a day without calling to check in.
"We love you we miss you there's no reason why we wouldn't come get you from wherever you're at Jacyee wants you she's been crying for you..we just love you."
Amy says the family is keeping hope alive-- and they have faith police will find Jodi..
"She has nothing to be scared of she knows her daughter loves her and misses her we want her no matter where she is what she's doing we want her to come home we don't care we just want Jodi home."
The family hopes a $5,000 dollar reward will help find Jodi.
They are offering the cash to any information that helps find her.
If you have information call state police at 270-676-3313 or 800-222-5555PREVIOUS:Police are asking for the public's help in finding a missing Hopkins County teenager.
19 year old Jodi Powers of Earlington was last seen August 30th by a friend.
Powers is described as a white female. She's 5'1" and about 110 pounds.
She has a tattoo behind her ear and on her wrist.
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:04 pm

Family still searching for Earlington teen

Posted: Sep 18, 2010 8:08 AM Friday, September 17, 2010 4:08 PM ESTUpdated: Sep 18, 2010 8:08 AM Friday, September 17, 2010 4:08 PM EST
JODI POWERS - 19 yo - Earlington (SW of Owensboro) KY 13174296_BG1
JODI POWERS - 19 yo - Earlington (SW of Owensboro) KY 13174296_BG2Richard Cates/Kentucky State Police

EARLINGTON, KY (WFIE) - In Hopkins County, the search continues for a missing Earlington woman.Family and friends of 19-year-old Jodi Powers are hoping you'll join their search party.Powers has been missing for three weeks and was last seen with her boyfriend, Richard Cates Jr., who is in jail on drug charges.He told police the last time he saw her was when she jumped out of his truck. Search crews are meeting each day at 8:00 a.m. and at 3:00 p.m. at Quail Run apartments.If you have any information, about Powers whereabouts, you're asked to call Kentucky State Police.http://www.14wfie.com/global/story.asp?s=13174296
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:03 am

It's been nearly 3 weeks since anyone has seen 19-year-old Jodi powers. And the search for her is getting even more intense.
Authorities are looking at several areas of interest in Hopkins county.
It's not just police who are looking for her, several volunteers have stepped forward to help officials find Jodi Powers.
Police have received several tips and interviewed dozens of people in an attempt to find her.
Police have turned to an area near route 41 and 2171 in Earlington.
The case's lead detective says it is one of several areas of interest police are focusing on.
But as police and other agencies continue their search, a group of volunteers is conducting their own.
"I just want everybody to get out and look," said Tracy Lewis.
Lewis is one of dozens of volunteers helping to expand the search for Jodi.
"We need the whole community and surrounding communities."
Kentucky state police began a search near the rural king in Madisonville-- but they've since expanded that search. Now volunteers are helping because they would want others to do the same if their child was missing.
"These are parents we all have children and we'll do what we can at any time to protect and find our children," Lewis said.
Jodi is also a mother. She has a soon-to-be 3 year old daughter.
And while the search for Jodi continues her family is trying to stay positive.
Jodi's parents say they are thankful to everyone who is dedicated to finding her.
Her parents are offering a $5,000 reward for information that helps locate her.
If you have any information you're urged to contact Kentucky state police.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:47 am

It's been nearly a month since anyone has seen 19-year-old Jodi Powers of Madisonville, KY. Family members say, the hope of finding her alive is diminishing as the weeks go by but they're not giving up.
According to Kentucky State Police, Powers was last seen on August 30th hanging out with friends near Rural King. Witnesses claim she got into the back of a friend's truck then jumped out and ran into the woods. Now, the family is asking for your help finding her.
This weekend there's going to be a massive search for Powers. The family is asking for several hundred volunteers to search the woods where she was last seen. Anyone with horses, ATV's or large trucks is especially encouraged to come.
"I just want her to come home. No matter what the outcome is I just want to know where my baby is," said Belinda Powers Jodi's mother. Belinda Powers says she will not turn off her porch light until her daughter 19-year-old Jodi Powers is found. Jodi Powers' daughter Jaycee celebrated her third birthday Wednesday. The little girl says she misses her mother very much. "There is no way Jodi would miss her daughter's birthday party,” said Belinda Powers. Everyday, Jaycee's number one question is, 'Where's mommy?' The truth is, no one knows. "I don't know what to tell her. What do you tell a three year old?"

Family, friends and community members are doing everything they can think of to find Powers. There's a Facebook page, posters and a nationwide search. "We're working with state, county and local and the Texas group to bring an army to find her," said Scott Heltsley the family pastor. That 'army' will come together Saturday. Texas Equusearch an organization that specializes in finding missing persons is joining in. They are known for their participation in the search for Natalee Holloway. “They've found more than a hundred missing persons," he said.
Belinda Powers is praying anyone who can answer Jaycee's question, "Where is mommy?" will come forward.
"I've thought of every possible thing that could have happened," said Belinda Powers. Until she's found, the family is keeping the porch light lit. They tell Jaycee it will help your mommy find her way home.
Volunteers able to walk in the woods can meet the search team Saturday 7 a. m., at Jesse Stuart Elementary school. Wear long jeans and long sleeve shirts and bring plenty of water.

Anyone with information should call the Kentucky State Police at 270-676-3313
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:49 pm

Expert search team to help find Hopkins Co. missing mother

Posted: Sep 24, 2010 1:51 PM
JODI POWERS - 19 yo - Earlington (SW of Owensboro) KY 13209393_BG2JODI POWERS - 19 yo - Earlington (SW of Owensboro) KY Icon_enlarge

HOPKINS CO., KY (WFIE) - The search team that looked for Natalie Holloway in Aruba is coming to Hopkins County to look for a missing mother.19-year-old Jodi Powers has been missing for nearly a month from her Earlington, KY home.Her family's pleading for help.And there's a massive search planned this weekend.More than a dozen experts from Texas Equusearch are on their way to Earlington to try to find Jodi Powers.Organizers said Thursday that Texas members will begin mapping out potential search areas first thing Friday.The team is bringing sonar equipment, dogs, and other devices for the search.Jodi's mother says it might just be the kind of help they need to find Jodi.Belinda Powers, Jodi's mother says, "Just search I got to find her I got to bring her home whatever the outcome is I got to bring her home. I have to have something I can't live everyday of my life like this."The search team also needs as many as 300 volunteers. You must be at least 18 years old to participate.Anyone who's interested should meet at Jesse Stuart Elementary School in Madisonville, Saturday, by 7 a.m.The Equusearch members say they will stay, indefinitely, until Jodi Powers is found.
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:11 am

Yayy! Tim Miller ridin' into town wearin' his ten gallon white hat JODI POWERS - 19 yo - Earlington (SW of Owensboro) KY 824197
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:23 pm

MISSING TEENS BODY HAS BEEN FOUND
HOPKINS COUNTY, KY—After several extensive searchs for 19 year-old Earlington, KY resident, Jodi Powers, a team of over 100 volunteers found the body of the missing girl around 9:30am this morning, September 25th. After the group of volunteers met at Jesse Stuart Elementary School around 7am, they separated into groups and searched several different areas.According to current reports, an organization that specializes in finding missing persons, Texas Equusearch, offered their help in the search as well. The group has found more than a hundred missing persons since their inception. This group is more commonly known for their participation in the search for Natalee Holloway. At the current time, Powers’ family says that they are grateful to all the volunteers and supporters who helped to find their daughter. iSurf News will bring you more information on the situation as it becomes available.
http://isurfhopkins.com/local-news/7971-missing-teens-body-has-been-found.html
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:47 pm

Search team finds body of Jodi Powers

HOPKINS CO, KY (WFIE) - The body of missing Hopkins County teenager, Jodi Powers, was found Saturday morning.A massive search led by Equusearch, an expert search team from Texas, began around 7 a.m. in Madisonville. Several volunteers joined the search as well.Authorities say the body was found around 9:30 a.m. Officials aren't releasing the exact location.Powers was reported missing last month from her home in Earlington. Kentucky State Police has been investigating her disappearance.Jodi had been missing since late August.http://www.14wfie.com/Global/story.asp?S=13216673
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:02 pm

According to a Kentucky State Police press release, a hunter looking for a place to set up a tree-stand happened to come upon the remains of a human being in the vicinity of South Highland Avenue in Earlington yesterday morning, September 26th.

Though the KSP has yet to confirm the body’s identity, Tim Miller of the search and rescue group, Texas EquuSearch, announced that what the hunter found was, in fact, the remains of missing teen, Jodi Powers.

The last time the 19 year-old Earlington resident was seen, she was reported to have been in the vicinity of 34 year-old Madisonville resident, Richard Cates’ truck at Rural King on August 30th. Cates was arrested on charges of possession of methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia two days later, which was also the day Powers’ family reported her missing.

As of right now, though, the cause and time of death have not been released. However, according to other local reports, a complete autopsy is scheduled for Monday morning.

If you would like to offer your support to the family and friends of Jodi Powers, you can contribute toward search expenses and potential funeral costs by donating to the “Belinda Powers for Jodi Powers Fund” at any First United Bank Location.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:46 pm

Monday, 27 September 2010 17:00

HOPKINS COUNTY, KY – The remains found in a wooded area Saturday morning by a hunter in Earlington have been positively identified.

At approximately 9:00 a.m. this morning, Monday September 27, KSP Post 2 detectives attended the autopsy of the remains located Saturday morning in Hopkins County. As a result of the autopsy, the victim has been positively identified as missing Earlington teen, Jodie Powers. The preliminary autopsy results did not indicate any trauma and foul play is not suspected at this time. Toxicology results are pending and will take approximately 6-8 weeks before final.

The investigation is still on going. The autopsy was conducted at the Western Kentucky Medical Examiners Office located in Madisonville Kentucky.

Information provided to iSurf News by the Kentucky State Police Post 2.
Posted by Karen Klay Orange - iSurf News
This whole thing seems odd to me. What was she doing in the woods?????
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:37 am

Funeral Held For Jodi Powers
Print Article
Reported by: Sarah Fortune
watch video

Two mothers brought together by tragedy. Belinda Powers and Sarah Teague's daughters disappeared years apart. Powers held a funeral for her daughter, 19-year-old Jodi, after her body was found in a wooded area near Earlington, Kentucky on Saturday. Teague is still holding on to hope her daughter, Heather, is alive after being missing for 15 years.

Glass angels, flowers and pictures fill the aisles of the Victory Church in Madisonville, but the family doesn't know what took the life of their loved one. She was last seen alive on August 30th.

"As a mother, I know that they will want to know what happened to her. Only part of the nightmare is over they're going to want to find out exactly what happened,” said Sarah Teague of Madisonville. She reached out to the Powers family just days after Jodi went missing. After all, Teague knows how difficult it is to lose a daughter. "Heather has been missing for 15 years since Aug 26th and Jodi went missing August 30th," she said. Teague was with Jodi's mother Belinda Powers when Jodi's body was found. "She wrapped her arms around me and told me I want Heather to come home now."

The Powers family is thankful for the support the community has given them and for the friends they've made during this difficult time. Family members say Powers' spirit will live on in their hearts and through her 3-year-old daughter Jaycee.

Investigators say there was no evidence of foul play and no criminal charges are expected. The coroner is expecting toxicology reports within three weeks. Once those results are in, he may be able to determine a cause of death.
http://tristatehomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=202635
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:11 pm

It wasn't the answer many were hoping for, following a month-long search of a missing Western Kentucky teen. Now, two months later, those close to 19-year-old Jodi Powers are doing their part to prevent other searches from ending in the same way.

The body of Jodi Powers was found in late September, after that month-long search. Those close to powers have now formed a Madisonville search and rescue team. Today, that group held its first meeting and training session.

About twenty-five volunteers came together, each with their own connection to Jodi or personal reasons for wanting to be a part of this new search and rescue team. They're hoping to be able to bring other missing people home before its too late.

They are calling it Jodi Powers Search and Rescue Technologies. Power's former pastor, Scott Heltsley, has been the driving force behind the new team. He noticed a lack of manpower during his time helping to search for Jodi.

"We realized that law enforcement as hard as they were working did not have the capabilities to cover the investigation as well as search and rescue," said Scott Heltsley.

Scott got the inspiration for the organization while volunteering in Jodi's search with Texas Equusearch, a Texas based search and rescue team that travels all over the country to aid in missng persons cases.

"After they left we realized we need that for our region," said Heltsley.

The team is working to develop an affiliation with the state's Emergency Management Team. Once the group is trained they plan to volunteer in search efforts with in an 80 to 90 mile radius. They also hope to aid law enforcement in more than just missing persons cases.

Heltsley added, "This is not just about missing people, primarily thats why we started, but its also about helping in natural disasters."

The main focus now is gathering volunteers and raising money for equipment. Equipment that Scott says is desperately needed in this area for the next time a person goes missing.

It's not if this thing happens, its when it happens and we as a community, our state, our region needs to be prepared," said Heltsley.

If you would like to donate to Jodi Powers Search and Rescue Technologies you can do so at Old National Bank under 'The Jodi Powers Search Fund'. They are currently developing a website where you can learn about volunteer opportunities. The next training session is set for December.

For more information on volunteering you can email Scott Heltsley at ScottHeltsley@yahoo.com.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down