Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KYLAH WILLIAMS - 2 yo (2009) - Isabella (N end of Lake Michigan) MI

3 posters

Go down

KYLAH WILLIAMS - 2 yo (2009) - Isabella (N end of Lake Michigan) MI Empty KYLAH WILLIAMS - 2 yo (2009) - Isabella (N end of Lake Michigan) MI

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:17 pm

An Isabella County man charged in U.S. District Court in Bay City with attempted murder, torture, first-degree child abuse and assault with intent to commit a felony has been granted an adjournment for at least 30 days.

David Andrew Delacruz-Slavik was to enter a plea in Judge Thomas L. Ludington's courtroom Wednesday but was granted a plea cut-off and trial date to be adjourned to allow additional time to puruse plea negotiations, according to court records.

Delacruz-Slavik is accused of beating Kylah Williams last October.

Kylah, who was 2, had multiple bruises, a pulmonary contusion, damage to the white matter in her brain, a brain hemorrhage, a severe abrasion on her chin, and significant cuts to her left ear.

Her mother, who was Delacruz-Slavik's girlfriend, has lost custody of the little girl.

Delacruz-Slavik was indicted by a federal grand jury, instead of in Isabella County courts, because he is a Native American and lived on the Isabella Reservation at the time Kylah was beaten.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

KYLAH WILLIAMS - 2 yo (2009) - Isabella (N end of Lake Michigan) MI Empty Re: KYLAH WILLIAMS - 2 yo (2009) - Isabella (N end of Lake Michigan) MI

Post by Tsukai Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:56 am

I am still fairly new to how the courts work. Why are they delaying this?

Tsukai
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Job/hobbies : raising my daughter and writting

Back to top Go down

KYLAH WILLIAMS - 2 yo (2009) - Isabella (N end of Lake Michigan) MI Empty Re: KYLAH WILLIAMS - 2 yo (2009) - Isabella (N end of Lake Michigan) MI

Post by TomTerrific0420 Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:12 am

Tsukai wrote:I am still fairly new to how the courts work. Why are they delaying this?
---As I read it Tsukai. the accused (defendant) is trying to work a plea deal with the District Attorney's office. He will plead guilty to a lesser charge or less charges, this will eliminate the need for a trial, and save the expense and court time for the attorneys and the judge.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:05 am

A Michigan man will spend the next 30 years
in prison for brutally torturing a toddler that doctors called a walking
miracle for somehow managing to survive.
Prosecutors said it's one of the worst child
abuse cases ever, and doctors said little Kylah Williams should have
never lived through the beating.
"She had a spleen that was ruptured, she had
bleeding on the brain, and she had four or five different planes of
injury on her face," U.S. District Attorney Roy Kranz said.
Kylah was the victim of severe child abuse at the hands of her mother's boyfriend David Delacruz-Slavik.
He was sentenced to 30 years after he admitted he tried to kill Kylah last October.
Police said the attacks happened on more than
one occasion and he was convicted of child abuse in the second degree
in Bay County and sentenced 11 days before the most brutal attack.
Today, Kylah is learning to sit-up, walk and talk all over again after undergoing six open skull surgeries.
She wears a helmet to protect her brain after a portion of her skull had to be removed.
"She wouldn't have lived if she wasn't
strong, and she brings that on all the time, bring it on, she can handle
it," foster mother Shelley Campbell said.
Shelley and Mark Campbell are Kylah's foster parents.
They said despite the torture she's endured, she's still an affectionate little girl.
"She just loves people, particularly men, which surprised us," she said.
Besides her abuser, Mark Campbell is the only father figure she's had, and he said he loves her unconditionally.
"Hugs and kisses, tuck her in and make sure she's safe at night," he said.
Kylah is learning to use her right arm again and understand basic sign language.
"I want her to be able to tell her story, I
want her to be able to for herself say, you know what this is what
happened to me and this is how far I've come," Shelley Campbell said.
The Campbell's have four children of their own but said their family won't be complete unless they adopt Kylah.
"We just can't imagine life without her," Shelley said.
http://www.wfie.com/story/14460449/tortured-toddler-makes-miraculous-recovery-attacker-sentenced
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:18 am

30 years. I can live with that IF he doesn't get out early. POS scumbag, may he be gang raped daily and beaten to a pulp on a regular basis for the full 30 years.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:58 am

Was the mother prosecuted?

Another POS mother with a POS boyfriend who cared more about sex and/or a paycheck than her precious baby.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down