Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The SEAY Children - Spotsylvania (N of Richmond) VA

+11
Susan
TomTerrific0420
Bear aka GA
inmyfloridaopinion
alwaysbelieve
MIS5229
cindmo
admin
jstar
baddrummer
kiwimom
15 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The SEAY Children - Spotsylvania (N of Richmond) VA - Page 4 Empty Re: The SEAY Children - Spotsylvania (N of Richmond) VA

Post by MIS5229 Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:54 pm

that was actually the first time I had something like that. I mean iLve had conversations on the phone in the middle of the night and not remembered them. But that's not "unusual" for me to forget a conversation I just had. I discontinued therapy but currently the only courses of treatment left to try would by a class of psycohypnotics used mostly in the 70s OR Xyrem (GHB - a date rape drug) which I have refused both but continue biofeedback therapy as I have for several years
It's odd; never been arrested before all this, got speeding tickets (never with kids in the car), I was always DD (even on my 21st birthday), used to volunteer as a coach for Spotsy Park & Rec since I was 16 (before I had kids old enough to play) and helped with the anti-drug/drinking campaign lead by my brother (the financial manager of the Fredericksburg Generals). So odd how life works sometimes lol.
MIS5229
MIS5229
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Job/hobbies : Neurodiagnostic Technician/Office Manager/Mom of amazing children

Back to top Go down

The SEAY Children - Spotsylvania (N of Richmond) VA - Page 4 Empty Re: The SEAY Children - Spotsylvania (N of Richmond) VA

Post by Bear aka GA Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:24 pm

Melissa, you did an amazing job on your daughter's bedroom. You are very talented. I'm sure she loves it. The SEAY Children - Spotsylvania (N of Richmond) VA - Page 4 412475
Bear aka GA
Bear aka GA
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Staying Single

Back to top Go down

Post by MIS5229 Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:37 am

Thank you. My roommate is amazing. My best friend and her boyfriend used to rent three bedrooms from her and then bought the house directly next door. I had 6 weeks to pack and move out of my old apartment after my son was born (up until one week prior to his birth I was engaged and supposed to move into a place with him, I had already notified my rental company and they already had new tenants waiting). I had no clue what to do and my best friend called me and told me that my now roommate was offering to rent me all three rooms for $400 a month which covers utilities too.
I was so blessed you have no idea. When I moved in she gave me the heads up that she doesn't have a decorating bone in her body and I told her, well I can do that, but I kill plants so don't ask me to help with the lawn... I've killed cacti.
I've used my insomnia to repaint the kitchen, den, my daughter's bedroom, and I'm working on my son's room. I'm still conceptualizing my room (which I had a billion sketches scattered on my bedroom floor which was why they called my house filthy).
MIS5229
MIS5229
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by baddrummer Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:27 am

I want to give an update, of sorts.

Missy had both court dates since the last post. I don't have the details on what happened exactly, she didn't want to speak about it. As far as I know it went fairly well for her, but there are subsequent hearings.

I love this woman and her children with all my heart. She is a damn good mother, and in my opinion the most wonderful woman to walk this earth. She deserves nothing but to live a good life with her children and to build a strong, supportive family.

Thank you for those that are supporting her.
baddrummer
baddrummer
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:02 pm

Thanks for the update baddrummer. Please keep us posted.
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by MIS5229 Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:11 am

Just a quick update: the judge (Judge Fines) in the Spotsylvania case came very close to dismissing the case stating that it really lacked evidence and according to the testimony of parties involved, seemed to be an event that could have happened to any parent. However, he certified it to the grand jury because the specific charge that I was charged with (child cruelty) is so broadly written and there is a lack of precedence set for the law that an attorney can easily turn not brushing your child's hair one day into a case of child cruelty. He and my attorney are quite confident the grand jury will dismiss the case without indictment.
MIS5229
MIS5229
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:13 pm

MIS5229 wrote:Just a quick update: the judge (Judge Fines) in the Spotsylvania case came very close to dismissing the case stating that it really lacked evidence and according to the testimony of parties involved, seemed to be an event that could have happened to any parent. However, he certified it to the grand jury because the specific charge that I was charged with (child cruelty) is so broadly written and there is a lack of precedence set for the law that an attorney can easily turn not brushing your child's hair one day into a case of child cruelty. He and my attorney are quite confident the grand jury will dismiss the case without indictment.
---Well now, there's some good news! Good luck going forward and the best in 2011 for you and your family.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:37 pm

Update: Melissa has missed several court dates, and has additional charges pending against her. People have filed for permanent custody of Melissa's daughter, and Melissa did not show up to court for that, either. (The people who filed for custody of Melissa's daughter are her ex-fiance's parents, who have been like grandparents and caregivers since the child was an infant.) Social Services, deputies, judges and juries in two counties, have all upheld these charges against Melissa. The doctor she works for prescribes medications to her. Further, when she was pulled over in Fredericksburg, there were sample packs of other medications in the car. Logically, is the whole world out to get this person, or is there a real problem here? Even if you love your children, if you're not in a place where you can provide the best care for them, be strong enough to admit it, be strong enough to allow your children the best opportunities for their future. Too many single parents sabotage themselves.

Susan
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:47 am

Update from FredersburgPatch WITH COMMENT FROM MELISSA AT BOTTOM

http://fredericksburg.patch.com/articles/mother-faces-neglect-charges

Mother Faces Neglect Charges

Children turned over to relatives after Spotsylvania woman is twice charged with neglect
By Scott Shenk | Email the author | February 5, 2011
Add a comment (3 comments )
Email | Start Following | Print | Facebook Share on Facebook |

Melissa Linn Seay Credit Scott Shenk
Add your photos & videos
Section Sponsored By patch

"A 27-year-old mother of two faces a pair of felony child neglect charges after two disturbing incidents in Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania.

Melissa Linn Seay was arraigned Thursday in relation to an August case where Fredericksburg police say she allegedly had taken Ambien and was driving through the city at about 3:30 a.m. with her 7-year-old child.

The Spotsylvania case happened in November and Seay was the one who alerted police because she didn't know where the same 7-year-old daughter was, Lt. Col. Michael Timm said.

That incident happened on the morning of Nov. 10 and when deputies arrived Seay told them she hadn't seen her daughter since 8:45 the prior night when she put the child to bed, Lt. Col. Timm said. Detectives eventually found the girl at the home of a neighbor, who had taken the child in from the cold and fed her breakfast.

Detectives at the scene noted that Seay's home was "unkempt," Lt. Col. Timm said. He added that at one point Seay put her 18-month-old son in a highchair and poured cereal on the tray for the child to eat and left the kitchen. A deputy stayed in the kitchen with the child and noted that Seay did not return until 14 minutes later when the boy appeared to choke on the cereal.

Child Protective Services was called in and after an interview Seay was arrested and charged with child endangerment. The children were handed over to relatives, Timm said.

In the city case on Aug. 27, an officer stopped the vehicle driven by Seay on Route 1 near the Fredericksburg shopping center, across from James Monroe High School, after watching the car stop and then back up, according to department PIO Natatia Bledsoe. The car also ran into the curb before the officer stopped Seay. While being questioned by the officer, Seay allegedly said she had taken Ambien. Police believe it was Zolpidem, a prescription form of the medication, which is used to treat insomnia. Blood tests were sent to a forensics lab to determine what Seay had taken, Bledsoe said.

Zolpidem is a class of medications called "sedative-hypnotics," according to the National Center for Biotechnology Information, a branch of the National Institutes of Health. The site also noted numerous potential side effects of the drug, including that "some people who took zolpidem got out of bed and drove their cars, prepared and ate food, had sex, made phone calls, or were involved in other activities while partially asleep. After they woke up, these people were usually unable to remember what they had done. Call your doctor right away if you find out that you have been driving or doing anything else unusual while you were sleeping."

All told, Seay faces a DUI charge in the city incident and two felony charges of child neglect. The felony charges carry a sentence of up five years each. Seay's Fredericksburg trial is scheduled for April 14 and her Spotsylvania trial is slated for April 19."

COMMENTS:
"Rae Lynn Boyer
7:10pm on Saturday, February 5, 2011

Looks like you just laid her defense right out there for her...

"Call your doctor right away if you find out that you have been driving or doing anything else unusual while you were sleeping."
Comment_arrow

Melissa Seay
10:07pm on Saturday, February 19, 2011

Wow, that's amazing... they got the same facts wrong that were first reported by the Free Lance Star (and later corrected), got my trial dates wrong... amazing how only approximately 2% of that article was factually reported. Better luck next time (nice to see they neglected to mention the wide amount of community support that has been given... including donations for legal expenses from patients and an Army troop currently deployed in Kuwait).

Patch_comments_icon
Dan Telvock
11:22am on Tuesday, February 22, 2011

If she was prescribed Ambien then the DUI charge will not stand. A person cannot control the side effects of a prescribed drug, and most sleeping aids that are not over the counter can result in this type of sleep driving, cooking, talking and walking. The defense is a valid one.

Also, I am curious as to why the police needed to mention that her home was "unkempt?" Is that a crime? It's like arresting a guy for drinking and driving and saying the trunk of his car had junk all over the place. Who cares?

This will be interesting.
"

No mention here of missed trials. No
ladibug
ladibug

Job/hobbies : Collecting feral cats

Back to top Go down

Post by sandra Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:16 pm

Its interesting to note that their has never been any information actually reported by a credible source about monetary donations and "wide community support" by anyone other than Ms. Seay herself and her Baddrummer boyfriend. What percent of your posting, Ms. Seay is true, 2%? I think not. Weren't you found guilty of your DWI?

sandra
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by baddrummer Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:46 am

Susan wrote:Update: Melissa has missed several court dates, and has additional charges pending against her. People have filed for permanent custody of Melissa's daughter, and Melissa did not show up to court for that, either. (The people who filed for custody of Melissa's daughter are her ex-fiance's parents, who have been like grandparents and caregivers since the child was an infant.) Social Services, deputies, judges and juries in two counties, have all upheld these charges against Melissa. The doctor she works for prescribes medications to her. Further, when she was pulled over in Fredericksburg, there were sample packs of other medications in the car. Logically, is the whole world out to get this person, or is there a real problem here? Even if you love your children, if you're not in a place where you can provide the best care for them, be strong enough to admit it, be strong enough to allow your children the best opportunities for their future. Too many single parents sabotage themselves.

Susan, are you referring to yourself in the 3rd person in the part I'm bolding? I'm just wondering because if you are you may want to state your position in this mess.

Having a grandchild visit every few weeks (remember they were visiting her ex husband, not you... just you would take care of her because he wouldn't) does not make you a caregiver.

Having grown up with a family that actually cares, it really upsets me to see Sue and Joe both using the children as tools against Melissa. Even from over here in the Middle East, I've seen and heard firsthand as the children were withheld from their mother. I've seen where the temporary guardians used the kids as pawns in adult disagreements between them. I've seen where Sue has kept her daughter from speaking on the phone or visiting. I've seen expectations that were unreasonable and that if they weren't met that the children were held back. I've heard where Sue has insulted Melissa in front of the daughter.

I've seen where Melissa's son was kept away, and custody petitions filed all because of a disagreement between the adults of the family.

I don't understand how some of you can even make a thinly veiled attempt to say you're anything but cold hearted and selfish. It disgusts me.

Missy missed a court date. She had 2 in the span of 2 days (1 custody, 2 for arraignment) and had them confused. She was present for the continuation and has it documented she was there for the show cause hearing, but didn't hear her name for the roll call.

You underestimate the amount of hearings she has to deal with, the stress and the organization and you who call yourselves "family" to her have compounded the problem! And to top it off to sit there and tell her that she needs help and to better herself (which I think she does wonderful as she is) is hypocritical.

You tell her in your opinion to set herself straight then throw in petty crap at her. What the hell is wrong with you people? Really?

She was found guilty of the DWI. She has studied and worked in law and she has never disagreed that in the definition of the law she was guilty.

As she has stated elsewhere: (she can say it much better than I)

The judge instructed the jury that if the jury found beyond a reasonable doubt that the following elements occurred; I was operating a motor vehicle, I voluntarily took a prescribed medication, and that I had been informed of the potential for side-effects - then I must be found guilty. I worked in law before going into the medical field and my legal defense was never an attempt to negate my culpability in the DUID charge, in fact, my testimony reflected my admission that I knew the side-effects as well as my admission that after brushing my teeth I took my Ambien and went to bed. I could not testify if I had been driving at that time because I have no memory of the incident until the following morning (it was nearing noon) when I woke up in a jail cell panicking over the whereabouts of my children.

She was found not guilty of Child Endangerment through a jury of her peers.

She has the support of me, patients (yes it is very true), my unit, and many friends. And as to the comment trivializing me as the "baddrummer boyfriend" you really have no idea how much Melissa and the children mean to me, and I will not have anyone questioning my honesty or my integrity. My deployment will be ending shortly, and if this is not resolved then I will devote every resource I have available to bring this family back together.

Last edited by baddrummer on Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:49 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : punctuation.)
baddrummer
baddrummer
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by baddrummer Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:55 am

sandra wrote:Its interesting to note that their has never been any information actually reported by a credible source about monetary donations and "wide community support" by anyone other than Ms. Seay herself and her Baddrummer boyfriend. What percent of your posting, Ms. Seay is true, 2%? I think not. Weren't you found guilty of your DWI?

You're right. Anytime I donate to Goodwill or give candy or money to the Afghans here I should call the local newspaper and say, "Look at me, look what I did!!"

Get over yourself. A selfless act means just that. Expecting people to run around screaming what they do is not what rational people do.

And neither is running around telling people how bad someone is without being willing enough to explain their own sordid history. People in glass houses should not throw stones.
baddrummer
baddrummer
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:59 am

Susan wrote:Update: Melissa has missed several court dates, and has additional charges pending against her. People have filed for permanent custody of Melissa's daughter, and Melissa did not show up to court for that, either. (The people who filed for custody of Melissa's daughter are her ex-fiance's parents, who have been like grandparents and caregivers since the child was an infant.) Social Services, deputies, judges and juries in two counties, have all upheld these charges against Melissa. The doctor she works for prescribes medications to her. Further, when she was pulled over in Fredericksburg, there were sample packs of other medications in the car. Logically, is the whole world out to get this person, or is there a real problem here? Even if you love your children, if you're not in a place where you can provide the best care for them, be strong enough to admit it, be strong enough to allow your children the best opportunities for their future. Too many single parents sabotage themselves.
Susan, I have to disagree with you I'm sorry. Even if Melissa has done everything she has been accused of, she should not lose custody of her daughter. That would be devastating for her daughter who no doubt wants to be with her mother. If the true reason for these people filing for custody against this Mother is for the child's sake, then they should help Melissa. Why don't they offer to pay for rehab for Melissa if she actually does have a substance abuse problem, rather than pay for a lawyer to take her daughter away? While I think it's great that people who think there is a problem and are concerned for the child are stepping up, filing for custody is too soon and should be a last resort IMO.
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

The SEAY Children - Spotsylvania (N of Richmond) VA - Page 4 Empty An update from someone that is an expert on me and my kids

Post by MIS5229 Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:59 am

I am always amazed when I read the comments on these forums. It seems like there is always a distinctive split of personalities; those motivated by positive feelings (e.g. compassion, concern for others) and then there are those driven by negative feelings (e.g. spite, a need to feel empowered by rendering harsh judgement on a person but only with the protection of anonymity that the internet provides). Interestingly enough, psychology would dictate that the person speaking of compassion, empathy, and care is more likely to actually call the police if they suspected abuse. They would be more inclined to pen their real name to their written opinion as well as voice it before whomever cared to hear. Unfortunately for the second category, they are less likely to get involved usually because they are too consumed with an attitude of, "I already have enough grief in my life, I don't need to be bothered with testifying and talking to police. Besides, I'm sure someone else will call."

HAVING SAID THAT: ALLOW ME TO GIVE THE FORUM A REAL UPDATE STRAIGHT FROM THE ONLY EXPERT ON MELISSA SEAY AND HER KIDS (I apologize to Susan who, I assume was vying for that title given her mass amount of information, however inaccurate, twisted, and flat out wrong it is.... but then again, a person who does not first look at a case with an objective view will accept misinformation with open arms).

As of April 13, 2011 I have concluded the trial in which I was charged with one count of misdemeanor driving under the influence of drugs and one count of felony child endangerment/abuse held in Fredericksburg Circuit Court. I was indeed found guilty of the DUID charge (after all it met the criteria for a guilty verdict [note that I was unable to use traditional involuntary intoxication defenses since the legal definition of certain medical conditions/events/reactions are not necessarily the same as the actual medical definition], I never lied nor denied my actions (I can't deny something that I can't remember) for THAT charge, and once I did the legal research myself (prior to getting an attorney) on Virginia Intoxication Laws I knew and prepared for what was to come.

I would like to take a moment to express my gratitude and appreciation for the police officer that pulled me over. He truly is a hero. He saved numerous lives that evening and for that my children and I are very grateful.

I was found not guilty of the felony charge because my attorney was able to provide evidence that I have a very consistent pharmacy record of receiving the medicine from only my treating physician. There were no duplicate or additional prescriptions. The attending physician saw me on a daily basis (since I am employed by him) and saw no signs of addiction. I had never been suspected of abuse of a minor. I have no criminal record, just your average speeding tickets (and you'll notice in those cases that the children were never in the car and I always plead no contest and accepted the court's punishment without complaint). Lastly, when the topic of my children come up I just light up like a child being told they are going to Disney World and it's genuine enthusiasm for my kids, they are amazing.

I was sentenced to 5 days in jail (state mandatory minimum) which has been served. I have to pay a $3,500.00 fine, attend ASAP, and restrictions have been put on my driver's license.

The trial for one count of felony child cruelty as charged by Spotsylvania Circuit Court is scheduled for May 31, 2011. A significant reason the detective pressed upon the Magistrate to obtain her warrant for arrest was that I had pending charges.

As for the more personal matters before the court - I would like to point out (Susan) that I was never engaged to the son of the couple that have filed a petition in Spotsylvania JDR for "custody" of my daughter (whom they have not known since and infant since I did not start dating that gentleman until Savannah was a toddler). The purpose of this petition has nothing to do with the other court matters but actually began with the sudden death of a 28 year old seemingly healthy female friend of their son. She had a brain anuerysm and that worried us all since I did not have a will or even a plan for who would take the kids should I die (and months later the possibility of jail was raised and became a logical fear). The filed the petition not to take custody away but to make sure there is a solid legal plan on the table to further protect my kids from being released to someone that is a threat to children (namely, my biological mother). My father did the same for my son and we will probably end up in mediation, not battling it out in court.

As for them raising her, no ma'am. I raised her. For the first year I had my ex-husband's help. Three years during her toddler years I had an ex-boyfriend help as much as he could since he traveled during the weekdays. My ex-husband's parents and my ex-boyfriend's parents have remained active in her life (even though I could have chose to dissolve those relationships and get odd looks for not having done so, I believed the trauma of the break up, us moving, etc. was enough for her to get adjusted to, she shouldn't also lose her grandparents). But, I was the one that managed to work full-time, go to college full-time, and raise that angel reading her my text books in the format of a fairytale at bedtime.

I have missed only one court date which was held on February 1, 2011 at 11:00am in Spotsylvania JDR. I had arraignment in Fredericksburg on February 3, 2011 at 9:00am and accidentally recorded the Spotsylvania JDR hearing as being on the same day as the arraignment. I was corrected by the clerk when I contacted the court on February 2, 2011 to request a continuance. The following hearing, I was in the courthouse from about 8:45am to almost 3pm, leaving only once to check my cell phone (which was around lunchtime). I also used the restroom once. The bailiff noticed I had been there all day and approached asking what I needed. I told him I was there for the show cause of why I missed the February hearing. He informed me that he had called the case and I explained that I never heard my name called (side note: the bailiff has had a lifelong hearing impairment now controlled by hearing aids, however, he developed a common speech impediment that can make it hard to understand him... add to that my hearing impairment.
To answer Susan, no, I am not a bad mother. I make mistakes just like any other person but I not only learn from them... I strive to do better and I strive for NO OTHER REASON than those kids (regardless of what people on the outside of our family believes.... And no, I don’t think the world is out to get me. I think there are many children in the world that are suffering unimaginable pain right now. My children would not be included, they have so many people that love them and I am the first person on both those long lists. I could go through so much crap in life, there was even a time when my heart was broken, but all I ever had to do was look at my kids and see them smiling back at me, to realize, my kids have my heart.
So, if you are filled with so much contempt that you have to say rude, offensive, untrue, unkind, or uncivilized remarks and attempt to spread rumors or exploit someone else's pain because it makes you feel superior, I implore you to take that energy and do something positive. Tell a funny joke to the next person you see that looks like they could use a laugh, deliver a compliment to someone to make their day, or thank a Veteran for their service... anything to contribute to society. Don’t spend the time you have bashing a person you don’t know a thing about, it might feel rewarding to be so bitter if I were to be found guilty – but how is it going to feel when I am found innocent?
[b]
MIS5229
MIS5229
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by Diego Mon May 23, 2011 3:20 pm

I find it interesting that, for every person that offers an opinion on here, Melissa's only response is attack-mode. My dear, you did miss more than one court date, as Susan stated. You missed one when you had 2 scheduled two days in a row, and you missed 1 regarding custody of your son, which was rescheduled and you attended - I know because all that information is public and I decided to see where someone got that information from. And leave it to glorious Fredericksburg to help with that by scheduling both your charges the way they did - even Superwoman would have had difficulty trying to keep that schedule! But enough wittering about that - who cares how many court dates were missed?

What Susan said was that "Even if you love your children, if you're not in a place where you can provide the best care for them, be strong enough to admit it, be strong enough to allow your children the best opportunities for their future." I would be devastated if someone took my children from me, but if I had driven that way with one of my children in the car, the first thing I'd do is ditch that medication - Ambien, right? - and get on something that doesn't have record of these types of behaviours. Certainly, your profession allows you to explore other options; that Ambien has had reports of weird behaviours for years. I hope you've kicked that stuff to the curb.

There are people who would gladly pay for Melissa to go into some type of program for rehab if she wanted that, but I've seen no indication from her that she thinks she wants or needs that. Melissa is the expert on Melissa, and she can present herself here any way she wishes to be perceived, as can anyone else. I have no doubt that Joe thinks she's the greatest thing since sliced bread, as I have thought that of all my girlfriends. She portrays here a woman who has the greatest love and devotion for her children and would do anything to ensure their well-being, and I'm sure that includes making sure any medications she's taking don't have bad side effects, right? Any loving parent would take whatever steps necessary for their children to be safe and happy and it sounds to me like she wants to take steps to ensure that she never puts herself or her children in this position again.

What really confused me in this whole thing that should be about the children is why Melissa wrote, "You know, I still have every single NUDE photo Mr. William Ray Bush sent not only me but to four other women. I still have every single e-mail he wrote to all five of us. Free speech... be careful what you ask for. Not only do I have dirt on him, I have it on you too." What does that have to do with the kids? Why does Melissa feel like she needs to hold on to nude photos of an ex-boyfriend, or dirt on the other person she mentioned? I haven't figured out why she feels that it is necessary to do that - or how that is helping her kids case in some way. Did the police find those when they searched the house - and that's what part of the charge came from? I can't imagine how awful that would be, to feel like you're stuck hanging on to rubbish from an ex who has no blood ties to the family. Badrummer is very understanding about that, and that can't be easy. But why is this girl in a position where she is forced to keep the nude photography?

Susan never called you a bad mother in her post from what I can see - I don't see anywhere in her post where she said that, yet you said, "To answer Susan, no, I am not a bad mother" as if she had used those words or asked that question - that's a cheap lawyer tactic and you should be above that Melissa, don't say those things about yourself when no one else did. And why do you care if people know your true relationship status with Russ when you were with him - he's a great bud and you two were good together and he even helped you financially after you split up for your daughter. Stop caring so much about what other people think, or feeling like you have to fight with everyone who posts on here. If someone posts something that makes it sound like they care - and you go on the attack - it raises a red flag, because there is no other knowledge other than who writes the most convincing words. You are a balls-up girl, you don't need to push so hard against people as you may end up pushing away people who truly love you and want to help you.

The court system in this country is a joke. Innocent people go to jail, guilty people go free, "if the glove doesn't fit - you must acquit" and all that. Melissa thinks these other people treat her kids as pawns, other people think Melissa uses the kids as pawns - and you can fill the pews with people on either side of it and it just shows what views people take, it is nothing more concrete than that.

Melissa's mother acts like it's her own victory when Melissa cuts people out of her life and out of her kids lives. If you analyse it, you can already see that Melissa is taking a "me against the world" approach and will likely cut people out of her and her kids lives. And her Mother will sit back and smile, because that's how she made Melissa to act in times like these, and it's a hard thing to break free from. Melissa cannot reach out, she doesn't know how, and she feels that she is stronger somehow if she does not. She doesn't want Melissa to have anyone - not a family, not people who are close and care about her and the kids - not anyone who would want the best interests of the children. I have no doubt her mother is keeping tabs on the situation and laughing every time Melissa is at odds with the people who care about her and the kids. That is the real tragedy in all of this, that it will drive so many people apart; even if Melissa is found innocent, she will go her own way and say goodbye to many people who care about her and the children.
Diego
Diego
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by baddrummer Wed May 25, 2011 11:28 am

Hey Diego,

In many ways you are right- she has become very defensive but from a standpoint of someone who knows quite a bit of her history, I feel that her attitude in it all is justified. To touch on her court dates and throw in what has caused confusion, even I have become confused.

The issue of her having pictures of her exes, I have known for a long time. I don't see it as a huge issue. It's not as if she ever looks at them or reminisces.

For an update, Spotsylvania will be dropping the charges against her. Out of this entire mess, Melissa has been found guilty of DUID (which she never contested), found not guilty on child endangerment, and will have the child cruelty charges dropped.

She has voluntarily taken parenting classes. She stopped taking Ambien right after this whole thing started. she has continued to work, and to spend as much time with the children as the temporary guardians have allowed. Yes, they have used their own drama and personal feelings come in the way.

Both sides are still fighting to try to get custody even in light of this whole mess being over. Why? Because it's not about the welfare of the children. To these people it's a like a game.

I'm not going to give details on what's going on but I'll see if she wants to post an update with better information.
baddrummer
baddrummer
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Wed May 25, 2011 9:56 pm

So pleased the charges were dropped. Hope the rest of it goes well. It's hard raising children by yourself, and working, and keeping the house perfect but kids need their mom and a bit of "unkempt" never hurt a child.
And if the neighbor had taken the little girl right home none of this other drama would have happened.
ladibug
ladibug

Job/hobbies : Collecting feral cats

Back to top Go down

Post by Diego Thu May 26, 2011 7:57 pm

With all due respect to baddrummer, the custody issues to the other members of her family are not about a game, and are completely about the welfare of the children; to suggest otherwise when you have not even met those others, and only know Melissa, is unfortunate. Keep in mind that Melissa herself has praised those very same people. Joe, I truly believe that all the individuals involved in this (except perhaps Melissa's Mother), care about and love those children. It is ridiculous for you to draw that conclusion without having ever spoken or met most of the family members involved in their situation. Care about and love Melissa - despite the troubles you two have had you are back together - and it is understandable that you can only base your decisions off what information you have. Melissa entrusted certain people into the care of those children during this time; do not insult her good judgment in choosing good people to look after those children, as I believe there is some overlap between temporary caretakers and some of those who sought custody.

I can completely understand why you are in complete and 100% support of Melissa. The fact is, you don't actually know any of the other individuals that are seeking custody, nor are you stateside and trying to be around these other people first-hand to aide in your evaluation. That puts your opinion at a disadvantage, and the assumption you make does not help her rise above.

I know, based on my earlier post, that you can also tell that I have long and intimate knowledge of the family. The custody issues are going to reveal some things in court that are completely separate from the child and DUID charges. If you knew some of these other factors, you would no doubt be aware that the issue of getting custody from Melissa came up long before year 2010. Before 2009. Before 2008. And et cetera. It is only in light of the legal troubles that we're seeing the activity that has so long been considered.

Just because two people have differing opinions on where a child should be raised - or with whom - does not suggest that either are game-players. All parties need to put on their adult britches and step away from all that nonsense and focus on the real issues. The Melissa I know doesn't need to behave in such a manner, and you would show her much respect to stop such recrimination.

Melissa's charges in Spotsylvania will be dismissed when she appears 31/5/11. The neighbour helped create a scenario where she ended up with multiple charges - instead of just child charges in one county - when she was trying to do the right thing by calling authorities. If anything, it is a disservice to other hardworking parents.

Diego
Diego
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyfloridaopinion Fri May 27, 2011 10:43 pm

Diego wrote:With all due respect to baddrummer, the custody issues to the other members of her family are not about a game, and are completely about the welfare of the children; to suggest otherwise when you have not even met those others, and only know Melissa, is unfortunate. Keep in mind that Melissa herself has praised those very same people. Joe, I truly believe that all the individuals involved in this (except perhaps Melissa's Mother), care about and love those children. It is ridiculous for you to draw that conclusion without having ever spoken or met most of the family members involved in their situation. Care about and love Melissa - despite the troubles you two have had you are back together - and it is understandable that you can only base your decisions off what information you have. Melissa entrusted certain people into the care of those children during this time; do not insult her good judgment in choosing good people to look after those children, as I believe there is some overlap between temporary caretakers and some of those who sought custody.

I can completely understand why you are in complete and 100% support of Melissa. The fact is, you don't actually know any of the other individuals that are seeking custody, nor are you stateside and trying to be around these other people first-hand to aide in your evaluation. That puts your opinion at a disadvantage, and the assumption you make does not help her rise above.

I know, based on my earlier post, that you can also tell that I have long and intimate knowledge of the family. The custody issues are going to reveal some things in court that are completely separate from the child and DUID charges. If you knew some of these other factors, you would no doubt be aware that the issue of getting custody from Melissa came up long before year 2010. Before 2009. Before 2008. And et cetera. It is only in light of the legal troubles that we're seeing the activity that has so long been considered.

Just because two people have differing opinions on where a child should be raised - or with whom - does not suggest that either are game-players. All parties need to put on their adult britches and step away from all that nonsense and focus on the real issues. The Melissa I know doesn't need to behave in such a manner, and you would show her much respect to stop such recrimination.

Melissa's charges in Spotsylvania will be dismissed when she appears 31/5/11. The neighbour helped create a scenario where she ended up with multiple charges - instead of just child charges in one county - when she was trying to do the right thing by calling authorities. If anything, it is a disservice to other hardworking parents.

Could you please share with us why it would not be in the best interests/welfare for the children to stay with their mother? If these people love and support Melissa and her children, why not allow her to do her best? Why pursue something as drastic as to try and remove the children to make her (and the children) more stressed? If she did something negative years ago, why wouldn't she be permitted to grow, change, and be given a good chance to succeed now? I'm just very curious.
inmyfloridaopinion
inmyfloridaopinion

Job/hobbies : Family (and Zoo) Keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by baddrummer Sat May 28, 2011 10:39 am

Diego,

Thank you for your response. It is true that I have a bias and of course support her 100%. I also support the initial actions and reasoning for the temporary guardianship.

I've read the petitions and the reasons submitted to the courts for custody as well. I understand that in many ways that those family members might percieve it as doing so for the children, but none of them justify removing the children from her care. It is a very complicated history that you're referring to and I think we share the same idea that much of the information should not be discussed here.

My stance is that regardless of what has happened in the past- and this involves adult interaction and nothing concerning the children- it is futile and still the wrong course of action.

There are a lot of bridges being mended, some that will stay burned (i.e. her mother), and others that are questionable. I may even understand some of these motivations or maybe even agree with them myself, but the things I do not agree with are the timing of the actions, the manner in which they are being done, and the complete lack or trust and respect that I have witnessed- I am not talking about secondhand knowledge but things I have seen written down, actions I have been present for.

I don't know many of the family. Those that I have met I think are great people and have a very positive view on.

My focus is on moving past the charges, giving us a chance to get our lives and families going together. I'd ask if you are a member of the family to contact me in private.

To the mods/admin of the site, I would like to ask that this topic be closed and moved to resolved. The issues in which started the thread are over and the only lingering matters are of a personal nature that should remain private, and already more "dirty laundry" has been aired that anyone would feel comfortable with.
baddrummer
baddrummer
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyfloridaopinion Sat May 28, 2011 9:13 pm

Our policy is that the topic is not fully resolved until it is adjudicated one way or the other. Since there is a court date coming up soon, we would also like to offer Melissa Seay a chance to follow-up with comments if and when she would like as she has done previously. Here is a link to our official policy:

http://www.justice4caylee.org/t9842-removing-names-from-this-website

inmyfloridaopinion
inmyfloridaopinion

Job/hobbies : Family (and Zoo) Keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by baddrummer Sun May 29, 2011 1:34 pm

I don't think it's a matter of removing names, but I will confirm she has chosen to no longer post here, as any other action is regarding custody hearings and should be handled more descreetly.

Thank you.
baddrummer
baddrummer
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Mon May 30, 2011 11:48 pm

baddrummer, you can delete your posts if you wish buy clicking on the X next to edit at the top right of your posts. Unfortunately, everything remains in cyberspace somewhere once written though.
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by baddrummer Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:34 pm

Maybe I wasn't clear- I'm not concerned about any names, posts, or replies.

This topic is in the forum "unresoved" when in fact, it is resolved and should be placed in the appropriate section.

In addition, I requested that it be locked- the reasoning is that the criminal charges have been dropped.

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2011/062011/06012011/630280

A felony charge against a Spotsylvania County woman accused of neglecting her daughter has been dropped.
The SEAY Children - Spotsylvania (N of Richmond) VA - Page 4 SeayMelissaLinn2.jpg
Melissa Linn Seay, 27, was charged with child cruelty in connection with a Nov. 10 incident in which she called police after her 7-year-old daughter left the home.
The child was fine at a neighbor's house, but Seay ended up with a child cruelty charge.
Yesterday, prosecutor Amanda Duke dropped the charge, citing a lack of evidence.
The Spotsylvania arrest came when Seay was already on bond for an Aug. 26 incident involving the same child.
A police report says Seay was driving erratically at 3 a.m., striking the curb several times. The girl was in the car.
Seay, who was barefoot and wearing pajamas, said she was having an adverse reaction to the prescribed Ambien she was taking and didn't remember anything until she woke up in jail.
Dr. Michael Cohen, Seay's employer, testified that driving while sleepwalking is a possible side effect of Ambien.
Seay was cleared of a felony child endangerment charge in Fredericksburg but was convicted of driving while under the influence of drugs, a misdemeanor. She served five days in jail.
Seay yesterday said she was happy to have her legal problems behind her and is ready to move on with her life. Her daughter returned home yesterday, and Seay is getting married in October.
But Seay said she is disillusioned with how Spotsylvania authorities handled her case and said she should never have been arrested. She said the child was gone for only about 15 minutes.
"I used to have the utmost faith in the legal system and the law," Seay said. "But [Spotsylvania authorities] put me through hell basically for nothing."

Of all charges pertaining to the children:

Child Endangerment - Not guilty
Child Cruelty - Charges dropped

She has been found guilty of the DUID, a misdomeanor, and has served her time.

We want to move on with our lives, and get past the current situations. There are custody cases going on however these hearings are private matters, it is no longer something that I feel others should be coming on here and blasting, especially when in cases of custody dirt is thrown around, accusations are made, and personal information regarding people is posted.

There is a difference between discussing a public trial, and leaving this topic open for discussion when it will now has the potential to involve private matters. Given the history and the amound of damage, slander, and ill will directed at Melissa, I am asking that this thread be closed- there is no purpose to have it open.

By law this site has the right to display all information publicly available, and also in regards to criminal cases on anyone that is displayed. However, now this is going not only into civil law but also in family court.

I would like to warn some of those who have come on here and brought out harmful allegations that posting information to damage one's character, no matter the intent, can come close to violating tort law in regards to a person's right to privacy- especially when the matter is not of public record or of relation to public record.

I thank all of you who have given support over the past few months- many who I became good aquaintences with and have become to know us fairly well. I'd like to apologize for the others.

This is my last reply on the subject, please let us move on.
baddrummer
baddrummer
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:30 pm

Thanks for the info badrummer. We can now move to adjudicated. We don't lock topics.
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next