Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"JOHN" BEAGLEY - 7 yo - Anchorage AK

Go down

"JOHN" BEAGLEY - 7 yo - Anchorage AK Empty "JOHN" BEAGLEY - 7 yo - Anchorage AK

Post by twinkletoes Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:33 am

Lawyer denies that Alaska mom on 'Dr Phil' abused kids

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — The lawyer for an Alaska woman -- who's facing child abuse charges because of a "Dr. Phil" TV show appearance -- says authorities are intruding into a family matter.

The audience saw video of Jessica Beagley disciplining her 7-year-old son by putting hot sauce in his mouth, and by forcing him into a cold shower.

Beagley's lawyer says she's done nothing that would warrant a charge of child abuse. He says she'll plead not guilty at today's arraignment.

In the video, Beagley is punishing the boy for receiving three reports of bad behavior from his school. She says earlier methods of discipline -- including spankings and forced exercise -- didn't stop him from acting out and lying.

Municipal law includes examples of unreasonable discipline, including the scalding, branding or burning of a child. Prosecutors say that would apply to hot sauce.

But the defense lawyer says the children haven't had physical injuries.

The case has attracted attention in Russia because the boy and his twin brother were adopted from Russia when they were 5.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

"JOHN" BEAGLEY - 7 yo - Anchorage AK Empty Re: "JOHN" BEAGLEY - 7 yo - Anchorage AK

Post by twinkletoes Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:38 am

I saw a tape of this. It made me cry and enraged me. I attempted to learn the name of the woman in order to report her. I was not successful.

No one can witness this without knowing this woman is an abuser aided and abetted by her husband who has made no attempt to prevent the abuse. They both belong in prison.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down