Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casey Anthony: ‘Today’ analyst predicts acquittal - Hal

Go down

Casey Anthony: ‘Today’ analyst predicts acquittal - Hal Empty Casey Anthony: ‘Today’ analyst predicts acquittal - Hal

Post by mom_in_il Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:37 pm

Casey Anthony: ‘Today’ analyst predicts acquittal
posted by halboedeker on June, 8 2011 8:51 AM

It’s not something you hear often, but former prosecutor Wendy Murphy told “Today” this morning that she thinks Casey Anthony will be acquitted. Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

“I was hopeful there was evidence in this case that we hadn’t heard about over the past several years,” Murphy told Meredith Vieira. Murphy talked about the prosecution’s opening statement.

“I didn’t hear any evidence at all that they have that Casey Anthony actually killed her child,” Murphy said. “There’s plenty that she lied. Plenty she was a bad mother. Plenty she probably participated in burying the body, maybe even covering up the crime. But I didn’t hear one thing that put Casey Anthony at the murder scene.”

Savannah Guthrie of “Today” said that Anthony “wouldn’t know the truth if it hit her in the face,” but agreed that the evidence doesn’t give a clear idea of how 2-year-old Caylee died.

Murphy said it pained her to say it, but if the prosecution doesn’t have more evidence beyond the opening statement, she would vote to acquit Anthony.

Guthrie said the defense would have to put Anthony on the stand to prove the allegations made in the opening statement.

Murphy said that will never happen. “She will convict herself if she takes the stand,” Murphy said.

What do you think?

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/06/casey-anthony-today-analyst-predicts-acquittal.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down