Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UNNAMED INFANT GIRL - 4 mo/ Accused: Gavin Sola - Melbourne FL

5 posters

Go down

UNNAMED INFANT GIRL - 4 mo/ Accused: Gavin Sola - Melbourne FL Empty UNNAMED INFANT GIRL - 4 mo/ Accused: Gavin Sola - Melbourne FL

Post by mom_in_il Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:21 pm

Man held in death of West Melbourne baby

9:08 AM, Aug 1, 2012
Written by J.D. Gallop

UNNAMED INFANT GIRL - 4 mo/ Accused: Gavin Sola - Melbourne FL Bilde?Site=A9&Date=20120801&Category=NEWS01&ArtNo=120801005&Ref=AR&MaxW=300&Border=0&Man-held-death-West-Melbourne-baby
Brevard County Sheriff’s investigators arrested Gavin Sola about 2 a.m. today on homicide and cruelty to a child charges following an autopsy into the child’s death, records show. / Brevard County Sheriff's Office mugshot

A 20-year-old West Melbourne man was arrested overnight on charges he fatally injured his girlfriend’s four-month old baby girl.

Brevard County Sheriff’s investigators arrested Gavin Sola about 2 a.m. today on homicide and cruelty to a child charges following an autopsy into the child’s death, records show. He is being held without bond at the Brevard County Jail Complex in Sharpes.

The child’s death is the 22nd reported Brevard County homicide to take place this year and the third to happen this week.

Investigators said Sola was caring for the toddler Sunday at a West Melbourne apartment complex at 105 San Paulo Circle when the child suffered an unexplained head injury.

It was not immediately known if Sola or the mother – who had been out shopping – called 9-1-1 but the child was rushed in a private vehicle to Holmes Regional Medical Center in Melbourne on Sunday night.

Doctors told investigators that the girl arrived unresponsive.

The injuries were so severe that the child was airlifted to Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children in Orlando where she died Monday morning.

Sola was taken into custody late Tuesday in West Melbourne late and booked into the Brevard County Jail Complex. He will go before a judge later today for a first appearance on the charges.

A search of court records also shows Sola was charged with battery In May. The state attorney’s office was working on a plea deal and later decided not to file any formal charges in the case.

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20120801/NEWS01/120801005/Man-held-death-West-Melbourne-baby?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Crime&nclick_check=1
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down

UNNAMED INFANT GIRL - 4 mo/ Accused: Gavin Sola - Melbourne FL Empty Re: UNNAMED INFANT GIRL - 4 mo/ Accused: Gavin Sola - Melbourne FL

Post by mom_in_il Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:01 pm

Arrest made in death of 4-month-old

Last Updated: Wednesday, August 01, 2012 @ 01:31PM

BREVARD COUNTY -- Deputies in Brevard County made an arrest in the death of a 4-month-old infant Sunday.

The Brevard County Sheriff’s Office has charged 22-year-old Gavin Sola with first-degree murder and aggravated child abuse.

An autopsy found the child died from a skull fracture that resulted from blunt force trauma, according to the sheriff’s office.

Investigators said Sola was taking care of the baby girl while her mother went to the store, and when she returned a half hour later, the baby was unresponsive.

The child was taken to the hospital, and then airlifted to Arnold Palmer Children’s Hospital where she later died.

Sola is being held without bond at the Brevard County Jail.

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2012/8/1/arrest_made_in_death.html?cmpid=twitter
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

UNNAMED INFANT GIRL - 4 mo/ Accused: Gavin Sola - Melbourne FL Empty Re: UNNAMED INFANT GIRL - 4 mo/ Accused: Gavin Sola - Melbourne FL

Post by babyjustice Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:04 am

Another POS boyfriend kills a baby while the mother was out shopping. And he was arrested May for battery so it appears he had a history of violence. Poor baby.

babyjustice
Supreme Commander of the Universe
Supreme Commander of the Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by flash0115 Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:38 pm

charges for the mother too, i hope

flash0115
Local Celebrity (no autographs, please)

Job/hobbies : Pretending to maintain my sanity

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:43 pm

Man charged with murder after baby girl with fractured skull dies
10:54 a.m. EST, August 1, 2012|

By Arelis R. Hernández, Orlando Sentinel

A Brevard County mother stepped out for a brief trip to the store Sunday and when she returned, there was something horribly wrong with her 4-month-old baby girl.

She dropped her grocery bags when she found her live-in boyfriend Gavin Sola performing CPR on her child inside their apartment.

They rushed the unresponsive infant to the hospital Sunday and she was pronounced dead a day later, the Brevard County Sheriff's Office said today.

Sola, 22, of West Melbourne now faces felony murder and aggravated child-abuse charges after doctors discovered a fracture in the baby's skull that was caused by blunt-force trauma, Sheriff's Lt. Tod Goodyear said Wednesday.

Sola said the baby hit her head on the crib as he was picking her up but hospital officials decided to call authorities, Goodyear said.

He is being held without bond at the Brevard County Jail Complex.

Goodyear did not identify the victim or the mother.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-08-01/news/os-man-charged-killing-baby-brevard-20120801_1_baby-girl-child-abuse-charges-felony-murder

Poster's note: I prayed for the mother. It's not like she was out buying drugs or partying and I've experienced the indescribable horror of coming home and seeing a note taped to the door by my husband "Do not alarm! At hospital". I'd gone to the laundromat to wash diapers and was delayed by icy roads. He didn't expect a 4 week old baby to roll off the layette (he'd never changed a diaper before). Thankfully my son must have been caught by his angel!
While I generally believe children should be with their moms, the guys should be the ones going to work.....and so forth, I don't believe this woman thought she was leaving her precious infant in a dangerous situation. JMHO. The fine details of this tragedy haven't been reported yet and I could be wrong (not for the 1st time) but right now my heart breaks for this mother who has lost her baby.
ladibug
ladibug

Job/hobbies : Collecting feral cats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernlw Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:35 pm

ladibug wrote:
Poster's note: I prayed for the mother. It's not like she was out buying drugs or partying and I've experienced the indescribable horror of coming home and seeing a note taped to the door by my husband "Do not alarm! At hospital". I'd gone to the laundromat to wash diapers and was delayed by icy roads. He didn't expect a 4 week old baby to roll off the layette (he'd never changed a diaper before). Thankfully my son must have been caught by his angel!
While I generally believe children should be with their moms, the guys should be the ones going to work.....and so forth, I don't believe this woman thought she was leaving her precious infant in a dangerous situation. JMHO. The fine details of this tragedy haven't been reported yet and I could be wrong (not for the 1st time) but right now my heart breaks for this mother who has lost her baby.

Based on the current available information, I agree with you.

Gingernlw

Back to top Go down

Post by flash0115 Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:38 pm

u gals r better ppl than i am because she was aware he was charged with battery in may and she still left her precious baby in his "care". anyone with violent behavior doesnt even need to b in the home with children much less b left to watch after them. although i feel some sympathy for this woman because she lost her child, i dont feel that she is blameless in all of this because she left the baby with him.

flash0115

Back to top Go down

Post by flash0115 Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:48 pm

i read on another site about his arrest and his own family was concerned about his anger issues and about something happening because of it.

flash0115

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernlw Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:58 pm

Flash, based on this information here where does it say she was aware of his battery charge? I doubt she checked court records or did a background check. Based on the information provided here there is nothing that suggests she should have been worried about him. I refuse to pass judgement without enough evidence. Furthermore, simply having a battery charge doesn't mean one is violent. I have 2 really good girl friends, 1 I have know since I was 11 and the other I met when I was 22 (I'm 32 now) who have been charged with assualt in the last couple years. Both were bogus charges and they were arrested after they had called 911 because of being mistreated by their husbands. Neither of these women are violent, and after the courts got to hear all of the evidence both were ultimately dismissed (1 girl now has sole custody of her child and the other has joint custody and is about to go back to court to get sole custody). My point is, simply having a charge on record doesn't mean that A. the mom should have known about it, B. Even if she did know about it, that the circumstances may not indicate true violence. Now if what you say is true about his family fearing his violent temper then I would agree, I'm not sure how she wouldn't have know about it and why she would have her kid around him... he certainly looks like a loser to me. But I will still reserve judgement without further information. There is no indication, at this point, that the mother should have known her child was in danger and as a mom, I couldn't imagine walking in to someone performing CPR on my baby. My life would come crashing down around me.

Gingernlw

Back to top Go down

Post by flash0115 Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:02 pm

google his name. they were living together.

flash0115

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down