Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FREDDY MARTIN - 9 yo - / Charged: Casmine Aska, 17 - Bronx, NY

Go down

FREDDY MARTIN - 9 yo - / Charged: Casmine Aska, 17 - Bronx, NY Empty FREDDY MARTIN - 9 yo - / Charged: Casmine Aska, 17 - Bronx, NY

Post by twinkletoes Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:07 pm

Teen accused of throwing 9-year-old from a roof in the Bronx says it's an accident

Casmine Aska, 17, admitted he did not seek help or check on the victim after
what his attorney calls 'a tragic accident.' Freddy Martin remains on
life support, but his family says he's expected to live.

By NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Sunday, February 3, 2013, 8:50 PM

FREDDY MARTIN - 9 yo - / Charged: Casmine Aska, 17 - Bronx, NY Fall4n-5-web
Norman Y. Lono for New York Daily News

Casmine Aska, 17, was ordered held without bail Sunday.

The twisted teen accused of pushing his 9-year-old neighbor off the roof of their five-story Bronx apartment building told cops it was an accident — but admitted he didn’t go for help.

“I grabbed Freddy around the legs,” Casmine Aska, 17, said, referring to victim Freddy Martin, according to court papers.

RELATED: 9-YEAR-OLD BRONX BOY FIGHTS FOR HIS LIFE AFTER BEING THROWN FROM A BUILDING ROOF

“His feet were off the ground. I turned around. I slipped and Freddy fell. I did not call 911. I did not tell my mother. I did not check to see if Freddy was okay.”

Bizarrely, Aska said, “I did not hear the thud until I went into the apartment.”

FREDDY MARTIN - 9 yo - / Charged: Casmine Aska, 17 - Bronx, NY Fall4n-4-web
Joe Marino for New York Daily News

Freddy Martin fell five stories from the roof of 1545 Nelson Ave. in the
Bronx. His father, Fred Martin, said, "My son is very strong — he will
survive.”

Prosecutors say Aska dragged Martin up the stairs of their building on Nelson Ave. in Morris Heights on Friday, picked the boy up and threw him off the roof.

Before losing consciousness, Freddy managed to tell EMTs, “Cas dragged me to the roof and threw me off — I don’t know why,” according to court papers.

Aska’s lawyer, Katherine Dyer, insisted in Bronx Criminal court Sunday that the plunge was “a tragic accident.” She described the
teen as a dedicated high school student and church volunteer.

Aska has four prior arrests related to robbery, assault, harassment and menacing, law enforcement sources said.

Aska was ordered held without bail. He asked to speak to his teary-eyed mother as he was led from the courtroom.

FREDDY MARTIN - 9 yo - / Charged: Casmine Aska, 17 - Bronx, NY Fall4n-2-web
Joe Marino for New York Daily News

Freddy remains in a medically induced coma with collapsed lungs and a broken
leg, arm and ribs. He told EMTs before losing consciousness that Aska
threw him from the roof.

Martin, who loves baseball and painting, remains on life support and in a medically induced coma with collapsed lungs and a broken leg, arm and ribs.

He is expected to live, according to his family.

“My son is very strong — he will survive,” said the boy’s father, Fred Martin, who spent Sunday at his son’s side at New York Presbyterian-Columbia Medical Center.

“It is a miracle.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/bronx/teen-accused-boy-tragic-fall-calls-accident-article-1.1254471#ixzz2Jw0n5rsi
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down