Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GABRIEL GOSHORN - 15 Months (9/2010)/ Convicted: Mother's BF; Micah Troy Duncan - Sherman TX

2 posters

Go down

GABRIEL GOSHORN - 15 Months (9/2010)/ Convicted: Mother's BF; Micah Troy Duncan - Sherman TX Empty GABRIEL GOSHORN - 15 Months (9/2010)/ Convicted: Mother's BF; Micah Troy Duncan - Sherman TX

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:07 pm

Sherman Police have made an arrest in a child abuse investigation that's left a 15-month-old boy fighting for his life in a DallasGABRIEL GOSHORN - 15 Months (9/2010)/ Convicted: Mother's BF; Micah Troy Duncan - Sherman TX Mag-glass_10x10 hospital. According to police 23-year-old Micah Troy Duncan was booked into the Grayson County Jail Thursday morning after an officer responded to a disturbance involving an injured child at an apartment in the 2300 block of West Taylor.
Family members report the babyGABRIEL GOSHORN - 15 Months (9/2010)/ Convicted: Mother's BF; Micah Troy Duncan - Sherman TX Mag-glass_10x10 boy was flown to Parkland Hospital yesterday and is now on life support. Duncan has been charged with injury to a child. His bond was set at $500,000.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

GABRIEL GOSHORN - 15 Months (9/2010)/ Convicted: Mother's BF; Micah Troy Duncan - Sherman TX Empty Re: GABRIEL GOSHORN - 15 Months (9/2010)/ Convicted: Mother's BF; Micah Troy Duncan - Sherman TX

Post by mom_in_il Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:30 pm

Life without parole - Mother's boyfriend convicted of 15-month-old's murder

Updated: Wed 11:32 AM, Nov 02, 2011
By: Jalah Gray

GABRIEL GOSHORN - 15 Months (9/2010)/ Convicted: Mother's BF; Micah Troy Duncan - Sherman TX Micah-10

SHERMAN, TX - The week long trial of a man accused of murdering a Texoma toddler came to an end today. You could hear a pin drop in the courtroom this morning at Grayson County Justice Center. Friends and family waited anxiously for the verdict. Micah Troy Duncan was found guilty in the murder of 15 month old Gabriel Goshorn.

"The most difficult thing we've ever gone through. You're not supposed to bury your own children," said mother Meagan Goshorn.

After two days of deliberations, a Grayson County jury found 24 year old Micah Troy Duncan guilty for the death of 15-month-old Gabriel Goshorn. Gabriel's mom, Meagan, says it's been an extremely emotional year.

"I feel a tremendous relief. Everything was kind of hinging on trial, so I'm not sure what to do with myself now, but tremendously relieved that it's over," said Goshorn.

"The evidence I believe to be clear, and I think that justice was done in this case," said Grayson County Assistant District Attorney Kerye Ashmore.

Sherman Police filed charges after Gabriel was seriously injured while in Duncan's care in September of last year. The child was later pronounced dead at a Dallas hospital. Ashmore says medical examiners determined the cause of death was blunt force trauma to the head.

"We all gave them hypotheticals on falling over, the different stories the defendant gave, they all said it couldn't have happened that way. In fact, Dr. Rhee said well you might get this from a fall from 2 or 3 stories up," said Ashmore.

Ashmore says because there was no evidence at the scene they could not seek the death penalty.

"The crime scene, the lack of physical evidence there that would contradict anything the defendant might have said was non-existent, so in light of that we decided that we would seek life without parole," Ashmore said.

Grandfather and local preacher Harold Wagoner says while he's pleased with the verdict, nothing can bring Gabriel back.

"First time I ever had to preach a funeral was my grand baby, and working at a cemetery, I actually buried my own grand baby."

http://www.kxii.com/home/headlines/Life_without_parole_133017763.html?site=mobile
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down