Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ALFONSO TAPIA - 8 Weeks (2010) - Orlando FL

5 posters

Go down

ALFONSO TAPIA - 8 Weeks (2010) - Orlando FL Empty ALFONSO TAPIA - 8 Weeks - Orlando FL

Post by oviedo45 Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:58 am

Police investigate death of 8-week-old

October 07, 2010|By Bianca Prieto and Amy L. Edwards, Orlando Sentinel
Orlando police detectives are investigating the death of an 8-week-old boy, a department spokeswoman said Thursday.Officers responded to 4900 block of West Colonial Dr. on Tuesday regarding a suspicious incident involving Alfonso Tapia, police Sgt. Barbara Jones said.Alfonso, who was born Aug. 10, was taken to Arnold Palmer Hospital, where he died Wednesday.
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2010-10-07/news/os-orlando-baby-died-20101007_1_death-suspicious-incident-orlando-police-detectives
oviedo45
oviedo45
Admin

Back to top Go down

ALFONSO TAPIA - 8 Weeks (2010) - Orlando FL Empty Re: ALFONSO TAPIA - 8 Weeks (2010) - Orlando FL

Post by oviedo45 Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:59 am

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/39564591

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Police in Orlando said they are investigating the "suspicious" death of infant.Officers arrived at a home on West Colonial Drive on Wednesday, after a call about an 8-week-old infant, according to the Orlando Police Department.The baby, Alfonso Tapia, died at Arnold Palmer Hospital, police said.Mohammad Gheith, owner of Super K Food Store, recalled that the frantic mother ran into his store and told him she was trying to make it to Health Central in Ocoee but there was too much traffic. Gheith said he went to the mother's car while she called 911.“I touched him, he's cold. I picked him out of the car and I took him into the store in the air-conditioned area and put him on flat surface,” he said.
Gheith said he called 911 who told him to give the child mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.“They asked me to give him mouth-to-mouth to breathe. I gave him couple of shots and I put my ear (but) nothing came out of there,” Gheith said.
Orlando police said the infant was taken to Health Central in Ocoee but was eventually flown to Arnold Palmer Hospital where he was pronounced dead.Carrie Hoeppner of the Department of Children and Families said the baby's family has recently moved to Central Florida from Georgia. He has four siblings, ages 2 to 11, who are all with their mother.“The family does not have any history with the Florida Department of Children and Families,” Hoeppner said.”They (four children) are with their mother. We have not removed the children from the care and custody of the parent. Usually in those cases, we do so because we are satisfied with the arrangement a parent has come up with.”The medical examiner has yet to rule on a cause of death, but police said they consider the incident suspicious.
oviedo45
oviedo45
Admin

Back to top Go down

ALFONSO TAPIA - 8 Weeks (2010) - Orlando FL Empty ALFONSO TAPIA - 8 Weeks (2010) - Orlando FL

Post by twinkletoes Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:17 am

OPD Investigates Baby's Death

Police Call Death Of Infant 'Suspicious'

October 8, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Police in Orlando said they are investigating the "suspicious" death of infant.
Officers arrived at a home on West Colonial Drive on Wednesday, after a call about an 8-week-old infant, according to the Orlando Police Department.

The baby, Alfonso Tapia, died at Arnold Palmer Hospital, police said.

Mohammad Gheith, owner of Super K Food Store, recalled that the frantic mother ran into his store and told him she was trying to make it to Health Central in Ocoee but there was too much traffic. Gheith said he went to the mother's car while she called 911.

“I touched him, he's cold. I picked him out of the car and I took him into the store in the air-conditioned area and put him on flat surface,” he said.

Gheith said he called 911 who told him to give the child mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.
“They asked me to give him mouth-to-mouth to breathe. I gave him couple of shots and I put my ear (but) nothing came out of there,” Gheith said.

Orlando police said the infant was taken to Health Central in Ocoee but was eventually flown to Arnold Palmer Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Carrie Hoeppner of the Department of Children and Families said the baby's family has recently moved to Central Florida from Georgia. He has four siblings, ages 2 to 11, who are all with their mother.

“The family does not have any history with the Florida Department of Children and Families,” Hoeppner said.”They (four children) are with their mother. We have not removed the children from the care and custody of the parent. Usually in those cases, we do so because we are satisfied with the arrangement a parent has come up with.”
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

ALFONSO TAPIA - 8 Weeks (2010) - Orlando FL Empty Re: ALFONSO TAPIA - 8 Weeks (2010) - Orlando FL

Post by Watcher_of_all Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:32 pm

Father charged with murder in infant's death
Alfonso Tapia Lopez, 30, is facing a second-degree murder charge in the death of his 8-week-old son.
November 01, 2010|By Bianca Prieto, Orlando SentinelThe father of an 8-week-old baby boy who died last month has been charged with the infant's death.

Alfonso Tapia Lopez, 30, was arrested this weekend in Louisiana and is being held without bond at the Orleans Parish jail.

On Oct. 5, officers responded to the 4900 block of West Colonial Dr. regarding a suspicious incident involving the infant, Alfonso Angelo Tapia, police Sgt. Barbara Jones said.

Alfonso, who was born Aug. 10, was taken to Arnold Palmer Hospital, where he died the next day.

Jones said Tapia Lopez was stopped on a bus in Louisiana. He is in the U.S. illegally and may have been trying to flee the country, Jones said.

He is being held by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement and is also charged with second-degree murder in his son's death.

The Department of Children and Families is also investigating.

Alfonso's death was the 13th homicide in Orlando this year. So far, all of the city's homicides have been solved.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2010-11-01/news/os-orlando-homicide-infant-20101101_1_second-degree-murder-death-suspicious-incident
Watcher_of_all
Watcher_of_all

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:00 am

Posters note: Moved from Unresolved.
May 6, 2011

Alfonso Angelo Tapia, 2 months, was killed in October
2010. The infant suffered a brain injury while at home alone with his
father and 2-year-old brother. Alfonso Tapia Lopez is charged with his son's death. The trial date has not been set.
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-05-06/news/os-child-murders-orlando-orange-box-20110506_1_trial-date-jury-selection-child-murder-cases
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:30 pm

11/08/2011 Pre-Trial Conference (8:30 AM) (Judicial Officer Lubet, Marc L) T 11/21/11
http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=7447986
mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:35 am

04/03/2012 Pre-Trial Conference (8:30 AM) (Judicial Officer Lubet, Marc L)
Trial: 04/16/12

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=7447986
mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down