Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Jane" BEALL - 2 mos - Wilmington NC

Go down

"Jane" BEALL - 2 mos - Wilmington NC Empty "Jane" BEALL - 2 mos - Wilmington NC

Post by twinkletoes Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:53 am

New Hanover man accused of abusing 2-month-old daughter

"Jane" BEALL - 2 mos - Wilmington NC Bilde?Site=WM&Date=20101025&Category=ARTICLES&ArtNo=101029739&Ref=AR&Profile=1037&MaxW=600&border=0
James Matthew Beall

Wilmington

A man accused of abusing his 2-month-old daughter is being held in the New Hanover County jail in lieu of a $2 million bond.

James Matthew Beall, 48, was arrested at 8:11 a.m. Sunday at his apartment in North Chase Apartments on Enterprise Drive. He was charged with felony child abuse, according to the New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office.
The baby appeared to have been strangled or choked and had marks around her neck, said Cpl. Jerry Brewer, public information officer for the sheriff’s office. He said the baby was taken to the hospital, where she is recovering from the injury.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

"Jane" BEALL - 2 mos - Wilmington NC Empty Re: "Jane" BEALL - 2 mos - Wilmington NC

Post by twinkletoes Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:59 am

NEW HANOVER COUNTY, NC

A man from New Hanover County is behind bars under a $2 million secured bond for child abuse, according to the New Hanover County Sheriff's Office.

James Matthew Beall, 48, lives in the apartments at Northchase. He was charged with felony child abuse.

His family members say he choked his baby daughter.Monday afternoon, Beall appeared via camera from jail and asked for a court-appointed attorney.

Beall's mother, as well as his oldest brother, Rev. Andrew Beall, were both in the courthouse as James Beall made his appearance.

Judge Sandra Criner allowed Beall's family to speak to him briefly.His mother told him she loved him and that the baby was ok. Then his brother spoke.

"Do you recognize that you need help?" asked Rev. Andrew Beall.James Beall answered, "Yes."

"All right. Then you let them help you. Love you," said Rev. Beall.

Detectives say they began their investigation into James Beall early Sunday morning, and it appears a 2-month-old baby was choked. According to Beall's brother, his wife has been on maternity leave since giving birth to Beall's only child, Olivia.

Last weekend was the first time Beall's wife went back to work, so she asked Beall's mother to stay with the family to ease the load on Beall.

Beall's brother said his mother awoke on Sunday to Beall yelling that he had hurt the baby.

"My mother asked him to call 911 and he was just unable to function. He was tearing at his hair and wringing his hands, and muttering to himself, not making much sense other than saying something about the baby and 'hurt,'" said Rev. Beall.

Beall's mother called 911, and Olivia was rushed to the hospital. Rev. Beall said he saw the baby in the intensive care unit Sunday night and she appeared to have bruises on her neck, but it was hard to tell in the dim light.

In an exclusive interview, Rev. Beall said his brother had never hurt anyone before, but that he had been mentally ill for years.

"We are here because we're concerned about my brother. He's been sick for awhile and has refused all of the family's attempts to seek help," said Rev. Beall.

Lillian Salcines-Bright is prosecuting the case.

Beall's next court appearance is scheduled for November 4.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

"Jane" BEALL - 2 mos - Wilmington NC Empty Re: "Jane" BEALL - 2 mos - Wilmington NC

Post by twinkletoes Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:03 am

His family knew he was mentally ill. Yet, this woman still made a baby with him!!!
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down