Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Jane Doe" - Age withheld - Durham NC / Convicted - Alan Harrison

Go down

"Jane Doe" - Age withheld - Durham NC / Convicted - Alan Harrison  Empty "Jane Doe" - Age withheld - Durham NC / Convicted - Alan Harrison

Post by twinkletoes Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:00 am

Pervert who abused girl jailed for seven years

9:20am Monday 14th March 2011

• "Jane Doe" - Age withheld - Durham NC / Convicted - Alan Harrison  178749
  • By Bruce Unwin
    Chief Reporter (Durham)
A GRANDFATHER who regularly sexually abused a girl causing long-standing psychological harm has been jailed for seven years.

Alan Harrison, 65, made immediate admissions after the allegations emerged last October, since when he has remained in custody.

"I just get the devil in me. I've been ashamed all my life," he told police, Durham Crown Court heard.

Harrison, formerly of Hawthorn Close, Kimblesworth, near Chester-le-Street, admitted five specimen counts of indecent assault.

A further three similar matters were left to 'lie on the file'.

Paul Abrahams, prosecuting, said it appeared the victim was given money by Harrison, but that no physical harm was caused.

Jamie Adams, for Harrison, told the court: "He fully accepts the wrong of what he has done, and the psychological harm caused.

"He is a man who stands here in complete ignominy and utter shame in admitting fully to this kind of thing. "His future is a bleak one. He's 65 and not in good health, having suffered cancer of the throat, high blood pressure, a heart and an asthmatic condition."

Mr Adams said Harrison, a grandfather married for 36 years, is now shunned by his family.

"He is completely alone, with nothing to look forward to and no visits from anyone. It's a situation which is unlikely to change."

Jailing Harrison, Recorder Eric Elliott told him: "It's always sad to see someone at the age of 65 with, other than these matters, hitherto good character in a situation you find yourself in.

"As we have heard there was no physical pain inflicted but the psychological pain has been inexorable.

"It's said you now have nothing, well some would say you deserve that."

Harrison must sign the Sex Offenders' Register for life, and was disqualified from ever working with children.

An unlimited Sexual Offences' Prevention Order was also imposed limiting future contact with children.

Speaking afterwatds, PC Rachael Austin, of Durham Police, said: "Alan Harrison has carried out systematic child abuse over an extended period of time, with no thought given to the impact of his actions."
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

"Jane Doe" - Age withheld - Durham NC / Convicted - Alan Harrison  Empty Re: "Jane Doe" - Age withheld - Durham NC / Convicted - Alan Harrison

Post by twinkletoes Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:07 am

This POS has abused children all of his life. Hard to believe he wasn't caught until now. This child is obviously his granddaughter thus the withholding of her age.

7 years is a disgusting amount of time. He should never be a free man again. Never.

He probably abused his own children. Why was this child allowed to be alone with him?
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down