Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casey Anthony: Will it be a challenge to find a jury? - Hal

Go down

Casey Anthony: Will it be a challenge to find a jury? - Hal Empty Casey Anthony: Will it be a challenge to find a jury? - Hal

Post by mom_in_il Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:40 pm

Casey Anthony: Will it be a challenge to find a jury?
posted by halboedeker on April, 24 2011 1:44 PM

I try to take breaks from the Casey Anthony case, but it follows me.

It followed me to the barbershop in Orlando yesterday. When a report came on NBC’s “Today,” I listened to a barber and his customer marvel that the case was receiving more coverage. “On national television?” one man asked in surprise.

Well, yes, and more is coming with jury selection starting May 9. The “48 Hours Mystery” last weekend on CBS was a start, and you’ll hear increased coverage on HLN (home of Nancy Grace and Jane Velez-Mitchell), on “In Session,” on other cable news channels, on national morning programs and on national news magazines.

Viewers in the Orlando TV market have heard Anthony stories for nearly — think about this — three years. The Sentinel published its first story — “Where Is Caylee Marie?” — on July 17, 2008. It began: “She’s 3 feet tall, loves her teddy bear and hosts tea parties with her stuffed pig and Elmo doll at a toddler’s picnic table.”

The men in the barbershop were used to hearing local news reports about Casey Anthony, who is charged with first-degree murder in her daughter’s death. But the men were incredulous at the national attention, and that makes me think there won’t be a problem finding a jury for this case.

We discuss it in Orlando. It’s a recurring topic on local newscasts, where legal strategies are analyzed. It’s a big deal on the blogs and in media circles.

But for millions of other people, Casey Anthony isn’t big news. The latest “48 Hours Mystery” drew just 5.5 million viewers. Nancy Grace attracts a small but devoted audience in the TV universe. In other TV markets in Florida, the Anthony case hasn’t registered as major news, and that should make it easy to find a jury.

What do you think?

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/04/casey-anthony-will-it-be-a-challenge-to-find-a-jury.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down