Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casey Anthony Defense Says It Will Rest Thursday - WKMG

Go down

Casey Anthony Defense Says It Will Rest Thursday - WKMG Empty Casey Anthony Defense Says It Will Rest Thursday - WKMG

Post by oviedo45 Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:20 pm

Casey Anthony, 25, Could Face Death Penalty If Convicted

POSTED: Wednesday, June 29, 2011
UPDATED: 5:56 pm EDT June 29, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Casey Anthony jury could be deliberating her fate over the holiday weekend.

Casey Anthony's defense team said Wednesday evening it will rest on Thursday.

Judge Belvin Perry said closing arguments could be held Saturday, and it is up to the jury if they would want to hear closing arguments on Sunday or on Independence Day on Monday.

On day 31 of the Casey Anthony murder trial George Anthony broke down on the stand when asked about learning that his granddaughter was dead and his subsequent suicide attempt.
Lead defense attorney Jose Baez said that George Anthony's suicide attempt in January 2009, one month after the remains of his granddaughter, Caylee Anthony, were found, was the result of guilt of his role in Caylee's death as well as for molesting his daughter, Casey Anthony.

The defense has claimed that George Anthony found Caylee dead in the family swimming pool on June 16, 2008 and helped try to cover up the toddler's death.

During cross-examination, prosecutor Jeff Ashton asked George Anthony about his suicide note. George Anthony said he wanted to be with Caylee, and he would be dead had law enforcement not intervened.

George Anthony began to cry again as he reviewed his suicide note on the stand.

"My emotional state, even through today, is very hard to accept that I don't have a granddaughter anymore, but for that particular day, it just felt like the right time to go and be with Caylee," George Anthony said.

George Anthony said that in his suicide note, he acknowledged questions he had about what had happened to Caylee.

"There was numerous pages I wrote ... I probably repeated myself numerous times. I had to express what I was feeling," George Anthony said.

snipped from http://www.clickorlando.com/news/28392742/detail.html
oviedo45
oviedo45
Admin

Back to top Go down