Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion

+2
Impetuous
arkymom
6 posters

Go down

Suggestion Empty Suggestion

Post by arkymom Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:20 am

I was just thinking, we have a restaurant and a movie theatre on the blog. How about a prayer room. I've noticed as I've followed the Fox blog many bloggers have prayer request and/or personal problems in their lives.

Maybe they would like a place to share their problems and asked their blogger friends for prayer.

Then when their prayers are answered they could leave a note of praise.

Just a thought.
arkymom
arkymom
Supreme Commander of the Universe
Supreme Commander of the Universe

Back to top Go down

Suggestion Empty Re: Suggestion

Post by Impetuous Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:36 am

arkymom wrote:I was just thinking, we have a restaurant and a movie theatre on the blog. How about a prayer room. I've noticed as I've followed the Fox blog many bloggers have prayer request and/or personal problems in their lives.

Maybe they would like a place to share their problems and asked their blogger friends for prayer.

Then when their prayers are answered they could leave a note of praise.

Just a thought.

I think that is a very appropriate suggestion. I'm sure BeTheMiracle would be happy to set a special place for prayers/praise. I'll make sure to pass this along to her and the other moderators but I'm sure they will see this suggestion soon!
Impetuous
Impetuous
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : True Crime Buff & Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:41 am

I would say, "ABSOLUTELY," but that word is forever ruined for me. ;)

How about, "Sure thing!"

❤
admin
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by carlos Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:57 pm

I do not want to offend anyone but I am starting to find the blog a little frustrating so I have avoided posting relevant conversation. Several bloggers have been called down for using quote but that is necessary when a few bloggers are in conversation. The reason they were called down is that it was taking up a lot of screen for repeat postings. But, on the other hand some of the signatures are getting quite big and take up my whole screen to just read a post. I am all for signatures but can we keep the size of them in check somehow? We all know we are here for Caylee so a simply text line should be enough. Just my thoughts.

carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by petesaparte Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:54 pm

carlos1111 wrote:I do not want to offend anyone but I am starting to find the blog a little frustrating so I have avoided posting relevant conversation. Several bloggers have been called down for using quote but that is necessary when a few bloggers are in conversation. The reason they were called down is that it was taking up a lot of screen for repeat postings. But, on the other hand some of the signatures are getting quite big and take up my whole screen to just read a post. I am all for signatures but can we keep the size of them in check somehow? We all know we are here for Caylee so a simply text line should be enough. Just my thoughts.
Hi Carlos - I'm so sorry if you feel like you've been called out for using quotes too often. I agree, we need to use quotes when we are responding to something that someone in particular said. I haven't seen anyone getting upset at using quotes - the only time that I saw it brought up was when a lot of people were quoting a lot of pictures and the next person to quote would add it all again without modifying the pictures out so they just kept stacking up on top of each other.

Definitely use quotes if that's what you need to do....we're trying to be just a very lightly moderated forum and not put out too many "rules" so that everyone can express themselves however they need to. Our main focus is Caylee and the case and we are only here to intervene if/when any arguing or trolling happens. So far, we haven't had any of that!

We're here to help and hopefully we won't have to police what or how people post, we are trusting everyone's personal preference to how they respond and use the quote function appropriately. I hope you feel comfortable posting however you choose to - if you have any specific problems feel free to pm any of the mods with more details of how we can help you.
petesaparte
petesaparte
Local Celebrity (no autographs, please)
Local Celebrity (no autographs, please)

Back to top Go down

Post by Olga Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:08 pm

petesaparte wrote:
carlos1111 wrote:I do not want to offend anyone but I am starting to find the blog a little frustrating so I have avoided posting relevant conversation. Several bloggers have been called down for using quote but that is necessary when a few bloggers are in conversation. The reason they were called down is that it was taking up a lot of screen for repeat postings. But, on the other hand some of the signatures are getting quite big and take up my whole screen to just read a post. I am all for signatures but can we keep the size of them in check somehow? We all know we are here for Caylee so a simply text line should be enough. Just my thoughts.
Hi Carlos - I'm so sorry if you feel like you've been called out for using quotes too often. I agree, we need to use quotes when we are responding to something that someone in particular said. I haven't seen anyone getting upset at using quotes - the only time that I saw it brought up was when a lot of people were quoting a lot of pictures and the next person to quote would add it all again without modifying the pictures out so they just kept stacking up on top of each other. Definitely use quotes if that's what you need to do....we're trying to be just a very lightly moderated forum and not put out too many "rules" so that everyone can express themselves however they need to. Our main focus is Caylee and the case and we are only here to intervene if/when any arguing or trolling happens. So far, we haven't had any of that! We're here to help and hopefully we won't have to police what or how people post, we are trusting everyone's personal preference to how they respond and use the quote function appropriately. I hope you feel comfortable posting however you choose to - if you have any specific problems feel free to pm any of the mods with more details of how we can help you.

Carlos...I often reduce the font size of a quote if it is relevant to the conversation. You will notice that I also delete hard returns to save space. Sometimes I also delete embeded quotes if the topic changed midway and I am only responding to (say the last 2-3 people). Eventually people will get the idea.
Olga
Olga

Back to top Go down

Post by carlos Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:43 pm

Olga37 wrote:
petesaparte wrote:
Hi Carlos - I'm so sorry if you feel like you've been called out for using quotes too often. I agree, we need to use quotes when we are responding to something that someone in particular said. I haven't seen anyone getting upset at using quotes - the only time that I saw it brought up was when a lot of people were quoting a lot of pictures and the next person to quote would add it all again without modifying the pictures out so they just kept stacking up on top of each other. Definitely use quotes if that's what you need to do....we're trying to be just a very lightly moderated forum and not put out too many "rules" so that everyone can express themselves however they need to. Our main focus is Caylee and the case and we are only here to intervene if/when any arguing or trolling happens. So far, we haven't had any of that! We're here to help and hopefully we won't have to police what or how people post, we are trusting everyone's personal preference to how they respond and use the quote function appropriately. I hope you feel comfortable posting however you choose to - if you have any specific problems feel free to pm any of the mods with more details of how we can help you.

Carlos...I often reduce the font size of a quote if it is relevant to the conversation. You will notice that I also delete hard returns to save space. Sometimes I also delete embeded quotes if the topic changed midway and I am only responding to (say the last 2-3 people). Eventually people will get the idea.

Good Idea.. I will follow you lead on this. thanks ☀

carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Olga Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:29 am

carlos1111 wrote:
Olga37 wrote:Carlos...I often reduce the font size of a quote if it is relevant to the conversation. You will notice that I also delete hard returns to save space. Sometimes I also delete embeded quotes if the topic changed midway and I am only responding to (say the last 2-3 people). Eventually people will get the idea.
Good Idea.. I will follow you lead on this. thanks

No Problem. Just remember a good tip. When editing quotes just like I did on this one. Click on the Preview button (next to the send button). This will show you how your post will look. It is always a good idea to verify size of pictures, and broken quotes (when you lose the closed box around a quote that keeps them separate)

Last edited by Olga37 on Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:51 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixing my grammar and spelling)
Olga
Olga

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down