Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Jane Doe" - 12 yo/ Accused: Duewa Lee - Sacramento CA

2 posters

Go down

"Jane Doe" - 12 yo/ Accused: Duewa Lee - Sacramento CA Empty "Jane Doe" - 12 yo/ Accused: Duewa Lee - Sacramento CA

Post by TomTerrific0420 Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:28 pm

SACRAMENTO—
Sacramento County Sheriff Investigators say this
case was so heinous, they charged 35-year-old Duewa Lee with 10 counts
of child abuse, and 1 count of torture for what she did to a 12-year-old
girl. But that girl turned-out to be quite resourceful.

“She was separated from the suspect in a public place, and showed the
initiative to reach out to an individual, a stranger to her,” said
Sheriff Department Spokesman Jason Ramos.

Lee had taken the girl to a
Department of Motor Vehicles office. When she went to the bathroom,
that’s when the 12-year-old make a plea for help.

The story she reportedly told was chilling- that Lee had taken a stapler to her ear and burned her with a hot iron.

Sacramento County Sheriff’s deputies couldn’t comment on the reports of those specific injuries.

“Suffice it to say that there are some very disturbing allegations,” Ramos said.

On the South Sacramento street where Lee was arrested, neighbors say
they were glad that the girl was able to get help, but they wish they
had known earlier what was happening.

“It’s beyond imagination,” said neighbor Dave Knepp.

Knepp grew up in an abusive home himself.

“My Dad used to beat me, a lot of times for no reason. So I can feel
for the young girl. And man… it’s going to be hard for her to get over a
thing like that,” Knepp said.

Lee is being held on 1 million dollars bail.

The girl has been in protective custody since she got help from a DMV
employee. Investigators took her to a get medical treatment for her
injuries. They believe it’s the first time her wounds had been attended to.
http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/ktxl-south-sacramento-woman-arrested-for-torturing-12yearold-girl-20111005,0,3304415.story
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

"Jane Doe" - 12 yo/ Accused: Duewa Lee - Sacramento CA Empty Re: "Jane Doe" - 12 yo/ Accused: Duewa Lee - Sacramento CA

Post by TomTerrific0420 Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:57 am

Investigators say they are looking into the possibility that a
California woman, accused of abusing her boyfriend's daughter, may have
harmed her six children.
Duewa Abeana Lee, 36, has a court hearing Thursday to determine
whether her $2 million bail should be reduced, The Sacramento (Calif.)
Bee reported Wednesday.

Lee is charged with 12 counts of felony child abuse, torture and
aggravated mayhem for allegedly burning the 12-year-old girl with a
clothes iron, stomping on her and stapling her ear. The girl's father,
whose name was not released to protect the victim, was incarcerated in
August for second-degree robbery.

The girl said she was abused between July 28 and Sept. 30, at which
point she sought help. Her grandmother, Ella McQuater, said the girl is
hospitalized but her condition was not unknown.

Sacramento Child Protective Services took Lee's six biological
children into custody, but would not comment on their condition, the
newspaper said.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011/10/12/Calif-woman-may-have-abused-6-kids/UPI-71251318465812/#ixzz1adAjCH5j
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

"Jane Doe" - 12 yo/ Accused: Duewa Lee - Sacramento CA Empty Re: "Jane Doe" - 12 yo/ Accused: Duewa Lee - Sacramento CA

Post by mermaid55 Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:20 pm

Sacramento judge raises bail to $3 million for suspect in child torture case
"Jane Doe" - 12 yo/ Accused: Duewa Lee - Sacramento CA 1qe0yw10
Published: Friday, Oct. 14, 2011 - 12:00 am | Page 1B
The details of child abuse alleged in the case are so sickening even the judge was shocked by what he heard.

The 12-year-old Sacramento girl allegedly was beaten, burned with a clothing iron, starved for a week at a time and forced to stand on one leg for hours.

Her accused tormenter, Duewa Abeana Lee, 35, made her second appearance in Sacramento Superior Court on Thursday in what is emerging as one of the region's worst nonfatal child abuse cases in recent memory.

Lee is accused of systematically torturing her boyfriend's daughter between July 28 and Sept. 30, a period during which the girl's father was in jail and ultimately was sent to state prison.

"It was at that point that Ms. Lee began her reign of terror on this little girl," prosecutor Nancy Cochrane said during a bail hearing before Judge Lawrence G. Brown.

Lee had been ordered held on $2 million bail last week, but returned to court in hope of getting bail reduced to $500,000. Her attorney, John Casey, said that was all the family could afford.

Lee has yet to enter a plea, but documents show she has denied the abuse allegations to detectives.

"I appreciate the extraordinary and unusual circumstances of this case," Casey told the judge as he explained why Lee is not a flight risk or a danger to anyone.

The girl and the other children with whom she lived – acquaintances say Lee has six kids of her own and is pregnant with another – are in protective custody, and Lee would have no access to them, Casey noted.

"My client is 35 years old, and she has no convictions for crimes of violence that I'm aware of, or even arrests that I'm aware of for crimes of violence," Casey said.

He said Lee's sister in Southern California is an attorney in good standing with the State Bar of California.
The prosecutor was having none of it.

In a precise recitation of the injuries the girl allegedly suffered, Cochrane described Lee heating a spatula on the stove, then pressing it on the girl's buttocks.

As the girl's aunt and other family members wept in the courtroom, Cochrane said Lee used a clothing iron to burn the girl's back and stapled her left ear to her head, then ripped the staple out to permanently disfigure her with a "cauliflower ear."

Cochrane said the girl suffered a broken tooth, was forced to stand in a corner on one leg while holding her hands above her head until she collapsed, and was forced to sleep naked on a bare wooden floor.

Lee allowed the girl to have food only once a week, Cochrane said, adding that when she begged for nourishment, Lee's response was, "You can starve."

The girl was saved, the prosecutor said, when she broke away from Lee at a DMV office last month and told a stranger, "I am being abused."

She was taken to UC Davis Medical Center, Cochrane said, where she had severe internal injuries and bruises all over her body.

"She was so hungry she couldn't stop eating at the hospital," the prosecutor said.

She asked Brown to increase Lee's bail to $3 million.

Cochrane was taking no chances on the outcome. Before the hearing, Brown was given crime scene photos of the girl's injuries to review in his chambers, which he said were "photos I won't soon forget."

"This case involves allegations of incomprehensible cruelty to an innocent little girl," the judge said as he agreed to the $3 million bail amount.

For most of the hearing, Lee, dressed in orange-and-white jail garb, stood in a corner of the steel cell inside the courtroom, looking downward.

The next court hearing was set for Nov. 14, but other legal wheels already are in motion. The girl's grandmother, Ella McQuater, said she is seeking custody of the child, whom she says she raised for about 10 years.

"It just hurts my heart. I can't believe it; it's like a nightmare," McQuater said. "I can't believe someone can do a child so cruel."

The girl's uncle, Melvin Smith, said the family derived some satisfaction from Thursday's bail increase. But the allegations in the case haunt him.

"It's terrible, it's terrible. You don't do a dog like that," he said. "That's a child, a child comes first. It's always supposed to be that way."

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/10/14/3979538/sacramento-judge-raises-bail-to.html#ixzz1alIoUka9
mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down