Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ROLAN JAVIER - 5 yo/ Accused: Adam Laham - Lakewood CO/ Wichita KS

4 posters

Go down

ROLAN JAVIER - 5 yo/ Accused: Adam Laham - Lakewood CO/ Wichita KS Empty ROLAN JAVIER - 5 yo/ Accused: Adam Laham - Lakewood CO/ Wichita KS

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:50 pm

A Wichita father is behind bars in Colorado, after his 3-year old son shoots and kills a 5-year old boy.

23-year old Adam Laham faces charges of child abuse resulting in death and criminal negligence.

Police are still investigating the shooting that happened at a home in Lakewood,
Colorado. Initial reports from officers indicate a small caliber weapon was involved.

Laham and his son were apparently visiting friends at the home.

http://www.kwch.com/news/kwch-amm-wichita-father-arrested-3year-old-kills-boy-20111224,0,6573041.story
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

ROLAN JAVIER - 5 yo/ Accused: Adam Laham - Lakewood CO/ Wichita KS Empty Re: ROLAN JAVIER - 5 yo/ Accused: Adam Laham - Lakewood CO/ Wichita KS

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:51 pm

A 3-year-old boy accidentally shot and killed a 5-year-old friend on Friday, according to reports.

NBC station KSNW reported
that a 23-year-old Kansas man was arrested following the incident in
Lakewood, Colorado. He faces charges of child abuse resulting in death
and criminal negligence, KSNW said.

The Denver Post identified the suspect as Adam Dean Laham. It reported that he was a family friend who was staying at the apartment.

Bonnie Marin, a spokeswoman for the Lakewood Police Department, told
the newspaper that she was unable to confirm whether Laham was in the
home at the time of the fatal shooting, which occurred at 9:45 a.m.
local time Friday.

KCNC reported that the 5-year-old had been shot in the chest. It said that Laham was the 3-year-old boy's father.
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45782866/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/#.TvXY6VacySo
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

ROLAN JAVIER - 5 yo/ Accused: Adam Laham - Lakewood CO/ Wichita KS Empty Re: ROLAN JAVIER - 5 yo/ Accused: Adam Laham - Lakewood CO/ Wichita KS

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:53 pm

LAKEWOOD - A 5-year-old boy is dead after police believe he was accidentally shot on Friday morning by a 3-year-old.

Lakewood Police say officers responded to the 1600 block
of Iris Street just before 10 a.m. after they got a call that a child
had a gunshot wound to the chest.

The boy was taken to the hospital where he later died. His name was not released.

ROLAN JAVIER - 5 yo/ Accused: Adam Laham - Lakewood CO/ Wichita KS 111223100255_12-23-11-adam-laham

Police arrested 23-year-old Adam Laham on charges of child abuse
resulting in death and criminal negligence. It's believed he was a
family friend from Kansas who was watching the children.

Police are still investigating the incident and would not give details about how Laham is involved.

The people living in the apartments next door say they were shocked when they heard the shot.

"I just heard this big boom and I wasn't really sure what it was. And
I just heard one of the parents go, 'Oh my God,' and I heard the kids
screaming," Jill Johnston, a neighbor, said.

Neighbors say the police and paramedics came quickly to try and save the boy.

"He was kind of just bloody from head to toe. They just took him out
on a stretcher and that was it," Rachel Mendez, another neighbor, said.

Police believe the 3-year-old did not intend to pull the trigger. It is unclear who the gun belonged to.

Neighbors say they are still in shock.

"They're just the nicest family. You never hear any noise from them
and the kids are always happy out here playing," Johnston said.

Mendez remembers seeing the boy playing with her own child in this
neighborhood playground. She could still see the family's Christmas tree
lit up in the apartment window on Friday night.

"He can't unwrap the presents under his tree. It just breaks your heart," Mendez said.

Police say this incident serves as a warning to other families.

"At any time of the year, we need to keep guns out of the hands of children," Lakewood Police spokesperson Bonnie Martin said.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/237788/339/5-year-old-shot-and-killed-by-3-year-old?odyssey=tab|topnews|bc|large
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:48 pm

The man who was arrested in connection with the death of a 5-year-old boy who was fatally shot by a 3-year-old boy in Lakewood on Friday night appeared in court Saturday morning.

Adam Laham, 23, of Kansas was arrested on suspicion of child abuse resulting in death and criminal negligence.

Laham was visiting the family who lived in the Eagle Crest Apartments in the 1600 block of Iris Street.

Laham is not related to either boy, said Bonnie Martin, spokeswoman for the Lakewood Police Department. Both boys lived at the apartment.

The boys' names have not been released.

Martin could not confirm if Laham was at the apartment when the shooting happened.

Details about the shooting have not been released, but police say they believe it was an accident.

Laham's bail has been set at $40,000.

Read more: Kansas man held in fatal shooting of boy by another tot appears in court - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_19616505#ixzz1hZ94ZHNq

Last edited by TomTerrific0420 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:11 am; edited 1 time in total
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

ROLAN JAVIER - 5 yo/ Accused: Adam Laham - Lakewood CO/ Wichita KS Empty Adam Laham heads back to court in case of five-year-old killing three-year-old with his gun

Post by Rainydaysend Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:17 pm

By Michael Roberts Tue., Jan. 3 2012 at 7:57 AM

​It was a bloody holiday season, but there's little doubt which crime was the most startling -- the death of Rolyn Javier, age five, at the hands of a three-year-old wielding a loaded gun allegedly left out by Adam Laham, 23. Laham's slated to be back in court tomorrow for a bond hearing supported by an affidavit, on view below, that contains one shock after another.

According to the document, Lakewood Police officers were dispatched to the Eagle Crest Apartments, at 1614 Iris Street, just shy of 10 a.m. on December 23. At the residence in question, they found Rolyn, who was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital within the hour, and a slew of others: Rolyn's father, Donald Javier; his roomate, Aubry Rosenburg; Laham and his fiancée, Stacy Ward; plus friend Paul Manger and two of Rolyn's siblings (including a sister and the three-year-old boy).

Sorting out this mass of humanity took some time -- but police eventually learned that Laham, Ward and Manger had traveled to Colorado from Kansas on December 19, with Laham and Ward staying at a hotel for a couple of days before relocating to Javier's place. There, they bunked in a bedroom shared by the boys.

On the morning in question, the adults were gathered in the main room of the house while the kids were in the bedroom. Everything seemed fine until the sound of a shot rang out. Donald sprinted into the bedroom, then told the others to phone 911. Rosenburg entered the room shortly thereafter to find Rolyn down and seriously wounded. She tried to perform CPR on the boy, but to no avail.

As for the weapon that did the damage, it was identified as a Kel-Tech .32 caliber automatic handgun. Ward said it was Laham's, while Rosenburg described the pistol as being tiny and looking like a toy. According to Rolyn's sister, the kids found it in the room, and she told the boys not to touch it before heading to the living room. Shortly thereafter, she heard a "pop" -- one that turned out to be fatal.

What happened? The three-year-old told officers that the gun had been on a bucket and "I just wanted to show him the gun." When he did, he accidentally "shooted" Rolyn.

Other details emerged from an interview with Laham, who admitted that the gun was his; he said he typically sleeps with it under his pillow.

That day, he lingered in bed for about half an hour before emerging from the bedroom. "The kids' parents told them, you know, that we're staying in their game room or whatever -- don't go in there, you know," he's quoted as saying. "And, you know, I seen him wanting to go in the room to play his Xbox, you know, 'cause he's always on it. And I said, 'Okay,' you know -- 'Go ahead.' And, you know, we're up, you know -- I'd got up and then I seen Stacy. You know, she left the room also, so I was like, 'Okay.'"

Wasn't he concerned about the kids being totally unsupervised in a room with a loaded gun -- one that lacked a safety? His response: "I'm not used to having kids in the house. You know, I just leave [the gun] out and, you know, I don't ever have to worry about it.

"It was my fault," he continued. "You know, that I left it out, pretty much."

The kids, for their part, were apparently growing comfortable around firearms. Despite their tender ages, Donald was teaching them about guns, Laham told police. He said the group had gone out shooting that week.

At this point, only Laham has been accused of a crime -- on December 30, he was formally advised about a charge of reckless child abuse resulting in death, a class-two felony that carries a possible sixteen to 48 years in prison. A hearing on his bond, currently at $40,000, has been set for 9 a.m. tomorrow at the Jefferson County courthouse, with a preliminary hearing scheduled for January 24.

Look below to get a better look at Laham's mug shot, followed by the complaint and affidavit outlining the tragic events that ended Rolyn Javier'slife.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/77021306/Adam-Laham-Affidavit

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2012/01/adam_laham_five_year_old_shoots_three_year_old.php
Rainydaysend
Rainydaysend
Serial Blogger
Serial Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by babyjustice Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:09 pm

You know...what an idiot. I don't think there's much help for this guy...you know he just doesn't have any sense and probably never will...you know.

babyjustice
Supreme Commander of the Universe
Supreme Commander of the Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:13 pm

Charges filed against Kansas man held in fatal shooting of Lakewood boy by brother

Posted: 01/11/2012 10:52:27 AM MST
Updated: 01/11/2012 10:58:22 AM MST
By The Denver Post

The Kansas man arrested in connection with the death of a 5-year-old, who was accidentally shot and killed by his 3-year-old sibling, was officially charged.

Adam Dean Laham, 23, was charged with child abuse resulting in death and criminal negligence, according to state court records.

On Dec. 23, Laham was a friend staying with the family at the Eagle Crest Apartments in Lakewood when the 5-year-old was shot in the chest by his 3-year-old brother.

The boy was taken to a nearby hospital where he later died.

Laham, of Wichita, Kansas, was not related to the boys.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_19720119
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down