Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Baby John" SHEFFIELD - 8 Months/ Convicted: Spc Daniel Sheffield - Colorado Springs CO

4 posters

Go down

"Baby John" SHEFFIELD - 8 Months/ Convicted: Spc Daniel Sheffield - Colorado Springs CO Empty "Baby John" SHEFFIELD - 8 Months/ Convicted: Spc Daniel Sheffield - Colorado Springs CO

Post by TomTerrific0420 Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:10 pm

A Fort Carson soldier with a history of child abuse pleaded guilty Monday to injuring his 8-month-old son in a fit of anger.

"Baby John" SHEFFIELD - 8 Months/ Convicted: Spc Daniel Sheffield - Colorado Springs CO Lxk3mb-lxk3losheffieldmug

Spc. Daniel Sheffield, 24, entered his guilty plea to child abuse resulting in serious bodily injury during an appearance before 4th Judicial District Judge Thomas Kennedy, according to court records.

Sheffield had faced a higher felony charge, which prosecutors lowered in exchange for his guilty plea.

The agreement came with no other promise of leniency, however, meaning Sheffield could face up to 16 years in prison when he is sentenced by Kennedy on March 12, according to court records.

Sheffield was arrested in July after providing Colorado Springs police with varying accounts of how his 8-month-old son ended up at Fort Carson’s Evans Army Community Hospital with a skull fracture and subdural hematoma.

Eventually, police said, he came clean and admitted that he hurled a bottle at the infant to get him to stop crying.

In 2009, the 43rd Sustainment Brigade soldier received a two-year deferred sentence, as well as 48 hours of community service, after leaving bruises on his 5-year-old son, according to court records.

That deferred sentence was revoked in June 2010, after he failed to attend a court-ordered class, a 4th Judicial District Attorney’s Office spokeswoman said.

In confessing, the soldier allegedly told a detective that “he needs help because he can’t control his anger,” court records show.

He said he slapped his 8-month-old son twice in the past.

He claimed he threw a half-full bottle into his son’s playpen but wasn’t immediately sure if he hit the infant.

The child, though, made a “yelp,” and 10 or 15 minutes later, Sheffield felt a large bump on the child’s head, he told police.

Read more: http://www.gazette.com/articles/guilty-131457-sheffield-carson.html#ixzz1j4lZrXFD
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

"Baby John" SHEFFIELD - 8 Months/ Convicted: Spc Daniel Sheffield - Colorado Springs CO Empty Re: "Baby John" SHEFFIELD - 8 Months/ Convicted: Spc Daniel Sheffield - Colorado Springs CO

Post by flash0115 Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:30 pm

i am so sick of ppl like this!! how hard is it to just leave the room? or call a neighbor and tell them u need a few minutes to urself? and why wasnt he punished for not going to the ordered classes? this is almost more than i can handle.

flash0115
Local Celebrity (no autographs, please)

Job/hobbies : Pretending to maintain my sanity

Back to top Go down

"Baby John" SHEFFIELD - 8 Months/ Convicted: Spc Daniel Sheffield - Colorado Springs CO Empty Re: "Baby John" SHEFFIELD - 8 Months/ Convicted: Spc Daniel Sheffield - Colorado Springs CO

Post by twinkletoes Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:00 pm

Had he done that to a dog he would have been sent to prison. Many judges don't value the life of a child. Or the childhood of a child.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:25 am

A Fort Carson soldier accused of throwing a
bottle at his 8-month-old son, fracturing the baby's skull, has been
sentenced to 90 days in jail and five years of intensive supervision.
Twenty-four-year-old
Spc. Daniel Sheffield pleaded guilty to child abuse resulting in
serious bodily injury in January. He was sentenced Monday.
The Gazette reports Sheffield had told police he threw the bottle to get his son to stop crying.
Court records show that in 2009, Sheffield received a two-year deferred
sentence, plus 48 hours of community service, after leaving bruises on
his 5-year-old son. A spokeswoman for the 4th Judicial District
Attorney's Office says the deferred sentence was revoked in June 2010
after he failed to attend a court-ordered class.
http://www.coloradoconnection.com/news/story.aspx?id=729547#.T16v5HlW2So
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:35 am

twinkletoes wrote:Had he done that to a dog he would have been sent to prison. Many judges don't value the life of a child. Or the childhood of a child.

Bumping this to reply to the sentencing post.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by flash0115 Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:47 am

i will never understand some of these sentences. where was the child's mother?

flash0115

Back to top Go down

Post by babyjustice Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:36 pm

This is unbelievable. He was charged with prior child abuse on a 5 year old child and then hurt an 8 month old baby and gets 90 days!!! It seems the military turns a blind eye to their own abusing and killing innocent babies. I'm appalled.

Twink, you are right. If this had been a dog or cat, he would have gotten a harsher sentence. This scumbag will do it again to another child because he certainly won't learn from this punishment.

babyjustice
Supreme Commander of the Universe
Supreme Commander of the Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:01 am

Next time he will probably murder his victim. This really sucks.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by flash0115 Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:07 am

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!

flash0115

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down