Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NAOMI PARLIER - 5 Months - Conover/ Charlotte NC

4 posters

Go down

NAOMI PARLIER - 5 Months - Conover/ Charlotte NC Empty NAOMI PARLIER - 5 Months - Conover/ Charlotte NC

Post by TomTerrific0420 Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:04 am

A Conover woman is facing child abuse
charges after she is accused of injecting something into her infant
daughter's Intravenous (IV) tube.

NAOMI PARLIER - 5 Months - Conover/ Charlotte NC 16664433_BG1
According to Youth Crime Detectives with the
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department, 26-year-old Ladonna Parlier was
arrested after an investigation showed she abused her infant daughter
on multiple occasions.

Police were called to Carolinas Medical Center-Main around 2:40 a.m. Thursday morning.

Sources told WBTV that Parlier was seen
trying to inject something into her little girl's IV tube. The infant
girl remains in Carolinas Medical Center-Main and is listed in stable
condition, police told WBTV.

Police say they investigated Parlier on
allegations of abuse and charges were filed after a joint investigation
with the Department of Social Services.

Ladonna Parlier was taken into custody and
charged with five felony counts of child abuse inflicting serious
injury and five misdemeanor counts of child neglect. She's being held
in the Mecklenburg County Jail under $137,500 bond.

The assistance from CMC staff was critical in this investigation, police told WBTV.
http://www.wbtv.com/story/16664433/woman-charged-with-abusing-infant-daughter-police-say
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

NAOMI PARLIER - 5 Months - Conover/ Charlotte NC Empty Re: NAOMI PARLIER - 5 Months - Conover/ Charlotte NC

Post by twinkletoes Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:51 am

Conover woman jailed on infant abuse charges

NAOMI PARLIER - 5 Months - Conover/ Charlotte NC Parlier-arrest.
Published: February 03, 2012

CONOVER --

A 26-year-old Conover woman is in jail in Charlotte on five counts of child abuse inflicting serious injury and
five counts of child neglect after allegedly abusing her 5-month-old daughter while the infant was being treated in a children’s hospital.

LaDonna Parlier was arrested at about 3 a.m. Thursday by Youth Crimes Division detectives after “an investigation
revealed the suspect had abused her infant daughter on several occasions,” according to a media release issued by the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department.

Police said that on Wednesday, they caught Parlier on surveillance video abusing her child, Naomi. Detectives said Parlier pulled out a syringe from Naomi’s IV line, then injected an “unknown substance” back into the IV. Police are still testing the IV line and the bag.

Doctors have been suspicious for quite some time.

That’s why they moved Naomi into a new room Wednesday – one equipped with a surveillance camera, according to CMC police.

The video footage has not been released.

Naomi has been in the hospital for months. She is still a patient in CMC and is listed in stable condition.

Parlier’s bond was set at $137,500 secured. The criminal investigation is ongoing and additional charges may be forthcoming.

Parlier’s friends and family reacted with dismay when they learned of her arrest.

“I'm devastated. I love her to death. I don’t believe none of it,” Timothy Parlier said, adding that his wife is a
loving and devoted mother, concerned only about Naomi's weight and condition. “I can’t get it in my head this really happened.”

Parlier’s brother, Tim Justice, said Naomi was born with a cleft pallet, which was surgically repaired about two months
ago. Since then, the child has been in and out of the hospital.

“She'd get better, then go downhill, get better, then go downhill,” said Timothy Parlier.

Naomi is Parlier’s fourth child.

“LaDonna was a wonderful mom. She was strict – she was definitely strict,” said Parlier’s sister-in-law, April Justice.
“We’re still shocked – we don’t understand what happened.”

Parlier’s brother said Naomi’s hospitalizations put financial stress on the family because LaDonna stayed home to take care of Naomi and her other three children while her husband worked as a short-haul truck driver so he could be home at night with his family.

Friends and family collected donations in the Parlier’s neighborhood and put donation jars at local businesses to
raise money to help with their expenses. Now neighbors are rising to Parlier’s defense.

Tealisa Troutman lives across the street from the Parliers. Their children played together.

“If it’s true I’d be shocked really – I just don’t see it,” Troutman said. “I pray to God somebody got something wrong.”

Troutman’s father said he hopes people will reserve judgment about Parlier until the details come out in court.

“She’s been charged – not convicted. People need to keep an open mind,” Ron Troutman said. “I want to see the tapes before I believe anything. I just hope this doesn’t ruin their lives and their reputation.”

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2012/feb/03/conover-woman-jailed-infant-abuse-charges-ar-1890366/
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

NAOMI PARLIER - 5 Months - Conover/ Charlotte NC Empty Re: NAOMI PARLIER - 5 Months - Conover/ Charlotte NC

Post by twinkletoes Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:57 am

Tom, her name is Naomi and she is only 5 months old.

If doctors were suspicious for a long time, she should have already been in a room with cameras.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:57 am

Woman caught on camera tampering with infant daughter's IV line

Posted: 6:04 p.m. Monday, Feb. 25, 2013
By Mark Becker

NAOMI PARLIER - 5 Months - Conover/ Charlotte NC Parlie10

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A woman who was caught by surveillance cameras tampering with her infant daughter's IV line in the hospital will spend three months in jail after a plea deal on Monday.

Ladonna Parlier pleaded guilty to one count of felony child abuse a year after surveillance cameras in the Carolinas Medical Center captured her drawing blood out of her daughter's IV line.

Naomi Parlier was only 5 months old at the time and had been in the hospital for almost two months while doctors tried to find out why she was not gaining weight and growing. When nurses saw the surveillance video they notified police who charged Parlier with five counts of felony child abuse.

The prosecutor said a closer look at Parlier's mental condition factored into her decision to dismiss all but one of those counts on Monday, in exchange for her guilty plea.

"According to her statement she never to harm the child, she even told the police that it was a ompulsion, she couldn't stop," said assistant District Attorney Kelly Miller.

Miller said that Parlier has been undergoing treatment and has not had contact with Naomi or her other children since her arrest.

"We gave her probation so that she could get the medical treatment and the psychiatric treatment what she needs," Miller said.

Parlier's husband said he was aware of the deal, but did not comment further. He did not attend the plea hearing, but said that one year later Naomi is doing well.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/woman-caught-infant-daughters-iv-line-hospital/nWZLt/#sthash.OqhpXFSw.dpuf
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:59 pm

Such a gorgeous little cutie. I just don't see how any one especially a parent could harm a child. All I have to do is look into her eye's once and my heart melts. I would love her with all my soul and heart even if she was not my biological child. At least she is ok and alive. I just hope the mother NEVER has contact with that little angel again. William
willcarney
willcarney

Job/hobbies : NEVER assume your child is safe, KNOW.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down