Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeff Ashton says he'll be watching Lifetime's Casey Anthony movie - CFNews 13

Go down

Jeff Ashton says he'll be watching Lifetime's Casey Anthony movie - CFNews 13 Empty Jeff Ashton says he'll be watching Lifetime's Casey Anthony movie - CFNews 13

Post by mom_in_il Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:28 pm

Jeff Ashton says he'll be watching Lifetime's Casey Anthony movie

By Scott McDonnell, Reporter
Last Updated: Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 4:39 PM

ORLANDO -- After making headlines worldwide in 2011, the Casey Anthony murder trial is set to play out again on the small screen.

The made-for-TV movie "Prosecuting Casey Anthony" airs Saturday at 8 p.m. on Lifetime.

The Lifetime movie is based on the book "Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony," by Jeff Ashton, now the sitting state attorney for Orange and Osceola counties.

But Ashton told us he's waiting until Saturday to watch the movie.

"I understood that my publisher has a copy of it. I thought about asking for it, but I was, like, 'You know what? I'll just see it like everybody else,'" said Ashton.

Playing the role of Ashton is veteran actor Rob Lowe.

"It's going to be interesting," the real Ashton said. "I am going to watch it with friends. My wife and I went to Winnipeg and watched a day of filming, and met most of the principal actors."

He also said he understands that, for dramatic effect, the movie may stray from the facts and lean toward the sensational.

"I know there are parts of it that I am not going to like," he said. "There's a preview out there right now, where Mr. Lowe has a line playing me where he says something like, 'When I'm finished with her, she'll be the most hated woman in America.' And when I saw that, I thought, 'I never would say that.' So I'm sure there are going to be moments when I go, 'Oh, my God.'"

But not everyone will be breaking out the popcorn this Saturday night, including Lawson Lamar, who was state attorney during the trial but lost his bid for re-election last year to Ashton in a heated primary race.

"No, I don't plan to watch it," said Lamar. "I know the actual facts of the case, and I don't plan to watch the movie.

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/on-the-town/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2013/1/15/casey_anthony_movie_.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down