Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JAMES WILBURN - 18 months - / Accused: Mother, Amanda Saltzman - Lexington, IL

2 posters

Go down

JAMES WILBURN - 18 months - / Accused: Mother, Amanda Saltzman - Lexington, IL Empty JAMES WILBURN - 18 months - / Accused: Mother, Amanda Saltzman - Lexington, IL

Post by willcarney Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:32 pm

Coroner: 18-month-old Lexington boy apparently drowned

5:49PM Wednesday October 23, 2013 By Stephanie Pawlowski

BLOOMINGTON - McLean County Coroner Beth Kimmerling said an 18-month-old Lexington boy apparently drowned Wednesday morning in his home's bathtub.

She said James Wilburn, who was living with his mother and an adult male in Hilltop, was pulled from the bathtub around 9:30 a.m. and was pronounced dead at Advocate BroMenn Hospital almost an hour later.

She said preliminary findings from an autopsy performed Wednesday indicate that James drowned. She said his mother told authorities that she put James in the tub and found him face down in the water 20 minutes later.

State Police and the McLean County Sheriff's Department are investigating.

http://www.wjbc.com/common/page.php?pt=Coroner%3A+18-month-old+Lexington+boy+apparently+drowned&id=91173&is_corp=0

No charges yet but there should be.  You don't let even a three year old alone in a bath for even one minute.  I drive thru Lexington every time I go out telescope observing so this is local for me.  It's outrageous that a mother would leave a baby in the bath tub for 20 minutes alone.  William

Last edited by twinkletoes on Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add mother's name)
willcarney
willcarney
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : NEVER assume your child is safe, KNOW.

Back to top Go down

JAMES WILBURN - 18 months - / Accused: Mother, Amanda Saltzman - Lexington, IL Empty Re: JAMES WILBURN - 18 months - / Accused: Mother, Amanda Saltzman - Lexington, IL

Post by twinkletoes Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:08 am

Investigation continues into infant's apparent drowning

8 hours ago

LEXINGTON — State and local authorities are continuing their investigation into the apparent drowning death of an infant boy Wednesday at his Lexington home.

McLean County Sheriff’s Department Lieutenant Jon Sandage said 18-month-old James R. Wilburn was at a home in the Hilltop Trailer Court about 9:30 a.m. when he was found unresponsive by his mother, Amanda Saltzman. The child was pronounced dead about an hour later at Advocate BroMenn Medical Center.

Results of an autopsy conducted Wednesday indicate the child’s death is consistent with drowning, said McLean County Coroner Beth Kimmerling, adding the coroner’s office has ordered additional forensic tests.

Police responding to the home were told by Saltzman that she placed the child in the tub and found him about 20 minutes later, said Sandage, head of the county’s Criminal Investigations Division.

The state Department of Children and Family Services also has opened an investigation into allegations of neglect in the case, said agency spokeswoman Karen Hawkins. The agency has no prior reports of abuse related to the 19-year-old mother and the deceased child, said Hawkins.

The Illinois State Police also is working with the sheriff’s department and coroner’s office on the investigation.

http://www.pantagraph.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/investigation-continues-into-infant-s-apparent-drowning/article_e9fbc0fe-3ccf-11e3-ba64-0019bb2963f4.html?comment_form=true
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

JAMES WILBURN - 18 months - / Accused: Mother, Amanda Saltzman - Lexington, IL Empty Re: JAMES WILBURN - 18 months - / Accused: Mother, Amanda Saltzman - Lexington, IL

Post by twinkletoes Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:21 am

Why hasn't this mother been arrested?
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down