Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JAXEN JONES - 2 months - / Charged: Father, Jonathan Michael Jones - Smithfield, NC

2 posters

Go down

JAXEN JONES - 2 months - / Charged: Father, Jonathan Michael Jones - Smithfield, NC Empty JAXEN JONES - 2 months - / Charged: Father, Jonathan Michael Jones - Smithfield, NC

Post by twinkletoes Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:17 am

Posted: 12:38 p.m. today
Updated: 6:17 p.m. today

Infant remains on life-support as father faces abuse charges

JAXEN JONES - 2 months - / Charged: Father, Jonathan Michael Jones - Smithfield, NC 13257136-1388443509-220x165

Smithfield, N.C. — A two-month-old infant remained on life-support Monday as his father, accused of abusing the baby, had his bond doubled by a judge.

Jonathan Michael Jones is charged with intentional child abuse inflicting serious injury after his son, Jaxen, was found unresponsive in their Smithfield home on Friday.

Jones’ bond was increased to $400,000 during his first court appearance Monday. Prosecutors asked to raise the bond due to the possibility of more charges being filed based on the baby’s condition. Jones also asked for a court-appointed attorney. His next court date is Jan. 16.

Sarah Aponte, who lives next door to Jones, was babysitting the infant when his father picked him up.

"When I handed him the baby he wined 'oh here we go again, this kid hates me,'" she said.

He was back at her door less than five minutes later. The infant was not breathing.

"I told him 'what did you do, what did you do to him,'" she said. "He said 'I was just feeding him and he choked.'"

She called him a liar.

Smithfield police officers had to conduct life-saving measures until paramedics arrived.

Doctors found dried blood behind the infant's eyes, said prosecutors, who added that such is an indicator of previous abuse.

The baby's mother, Brandi Carthen, was at the hospital with flu-like symptoms when the incident happened. She was too upset to talk after Jones' court appearance and has been at Jaxen's side since.

http://www.wral.com/bond-doubled-for-father-accused-of-abusing-infant-son/13256779/
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

JAXEN JONES - 2 months - / Charged: Father, Jonathan Michael Jones - Smithfield, NC Empty Re: JAXEN JONES - 2 months - / Charged: Father, Jonathan Michael Jones - Smithfield, NC

Post by ladibug Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:35 am

Please pray for little Jaxen and his Mom  pray 
ladibug
ladibug

Job/hobbies : Collecting feral cats

Back to top Go down

JAXEN JONES - 2 months - / Charged: Father, Jonathan Michael Jones - Smithfield, NC Empty Re: JAXEN JONES - 2 months - / Charged: Father, Jonathan Michael Jones - Smithfield, NC

Post by ladibug Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:18 pm

pray Yes Posted: 8:47 a.m. today
Updated: 16 minutes ago
Johnston County infant taken off ventilator, 'doing wonderful'

Smithfield, N.C. — A two-month-old infant found unresponsive by Johnston County authorities more than a week ago has been taken off of life-support and is showing signs of improvement, according to his mother.

Jaxen Jones was rushed to WakeMed Dec. 27 after Smithfield police officers were called to his home. Authorities say Jonathan Michael Jones, Jaxen's father, abused his son.

Brandy Carthen said Saturday that Jaxen is "doing amazing" and was taken off of a ventilator Friday.

"I even got to hold him for the first time Friday afternoon. I haven't held him in a week, and I usually hold him all day, every day. It was amazing," Carthen said. "He is definitely a fighter, and he's fighting his way back to be with mommy."

Carthen said doctors told her that Jaxen's brain was bleeding when he came to the hospital. He is also dealing with symptoms from shaken baby syndrome, doctors said.

"I was thinking of the worst. I never expected anything to get better. Based on everything that happened, I didn't really see him making it through," Carthen said. "He came a long way in a week. He's going to have a long road, but he can do it."

Sarah Aponte, who lives next door to Jones, was babysitting the infant when his father picked him up.

"When I handed him the baby he whined 'oh here we go again, this kid hates me,'" she said Monday.

He was back at her door less than five minutes later. The infant was not breathing.

"I told him 'what did you do, what did you do to him,'" she said. "He said 'I was just feeding him and he choked.'"

Smithfield police officers had to conduct life-saving measures until paramedics arrived.

Doctors found dried blood behind the infant's eyes, said prosecutors, who added that such is an indicator of previous abuse.

Although Carthen said Saturday that she isn't aware of any previous abuse, she admitted that Jonathan Jones has disciplined her other two children.

"He was an excellent dad. He took care of my other two children like they were his," she said. "He's disciplined the other two children. He has been kind of rough with them. I've spoken up. But I've never seen him physically abuse them. I've never seen it or been aware of it."

Carthen said she doesn't want to believe that Jones could have hurt his own child.

"I'm going on what the doctors are telling me, and it shows me that he did do it," she said. "Jaxen always cried with him, but the second I'd get him he stopped crying. That shows me Jaxen was crying for a reason. I'm not focused on (Jonathan Jones). I'm focused on my children."

Jonathan Jones is charged with intentional child abuse inflicting serious injury, and his bond amount was increased to $400,000 on Monday.

Prosecutors asked to raise the bond due to the possibility of more charges being filed based on the baby’s condition. Jones also asked for a court-appointed attorney. His next court date is Jan. 16.

http://www.wral.com/johnston-county-infant-taken-off-ventilator-doing-wonderful-/13270487/
ladibug
ladibug

Job/hobbies : Collecting feral cats

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:42 am

Thank you Ladibug.  I was so afraid I would have to move this to the murdered child thread.  I'm so pleased that is not the case.

I think this is not the first time the father has abused this poor baby and surely the mother knew he was not fit to care for the child.  nofinger  nofinger  nofinger

Perhaps I'm too much of a cynic. pull hair  pull hair
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down