Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DERICK, STEVEN and ERIN PENA - 7, 8 and 12 yo/ Suspects: Mother and BF; Carrie Weingarth and Christian Coello - Jacksonville FL

Go down

DERICK, STEVEN and ERIN PENA - 7, 8 and 12 yo/ Suspects: Mother and BF; Carrie Weingarth and Christian Coello - Jacksonville FL Empty DERICK, STEVEN and ERIN PENA - 7, 8 and 12 yo/ Suspects: Mother and BF; Carrie Weingarth and Christian Coello - Jacksonville FL

Post by mom_in_il Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:38 pm

Trail of missing kids comes through Jacksonville
Police: Missing couple, kids rent vehicle at Jacksonville International Airport

Author: Dawn Brooks, Web editor
Elizabeth Berry, Evening assignment manager, beth@wjxt.com
Published On: Feb 18 2014 06:32:58 PM EST  
Updated On: Feb 18 2014 10:20:00 AM EST

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -  Police continue to search for a south Florida couple and three children, Erin Pena, 12, Steven Pena, 8, and Derick Pena, 7, and the two adults believed to have taken them from a Miama-Dade school. Police are looking for 32-year-old Carrie Weingarth and boyfriend Christian Coello.

DERICK, STEVEN and ERIN PENA - 7, 8 and 12 yo/ Suspects: Mother and BF; Carrie Weingarth and Christian Coello - Jacksonville FL Kidnapped-Pena-kids-jpg

Weingarth has custody of two of the boys, but not the third, Erin. Investigators said they are concerned about all three of the boys’ well-being. Investigators also said Weingarth and Coello have warrants out for their arrests on unrelated charges.

Carrie Channel 4 confirmed Tuesday night that the group made a stop in Jacksonville after they fled Miami. According to Miami-Dade police, Weingarth (pictured) rented a vehicle at the Jacksonville International Airport. The group was later spotted in Lake City, then in Louisiana.

“They’re tracing rental car purchases, credit card transactions, anything they can do to determine the whereabouts of these individuals,” explained Channel 4’s crime and safety expert, Ken Jefferson.

Jefferson explained that police in Miami have likely been in touch with police in Jacksonville, Lake City and Louisiana, where the group’s been spotted.

“Those agencies continue to follow up in their areas, because who’s to say they won’t double back. Even though they may be known to be in Louisiana, who's to know they won’t be backtracking through Florida?” said Jefferson.

DERICK, STEVEN and ERIN PENA - 7, 8 and 12 yo/ Suspects: Mother and BF; Carrie Weingarth and Christian Coello - Jacksonville FL Carrie-png
Coello

Police said the group is driving in a Blue Jeep Patriot, with Florida tag #476HXS.

Anyone with any information on the whereabouts of the three children, Weingarth, or Coello (pictured) is asked to contact the Miami-Dade School Police Department at 305-995-2677 or 911.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/police-continue-search-for-3-missing-children/-/475880/24546764/-/130v2dkz/-/index.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down

DERICK, STEVEN and ERIN PENA - 7, 8 and 12 yo/ Suspects: Mother and BF; Carrie Weingarth and Christian Coello - Jacksonville FL Empty Re: DERICK, STEVEN and ERIN PENA - 7, 8 and 12 yo/ Suspects: Mother and BF; Carrie Weingarth and Christian Coello - Jacksonville FL

Post by mom_in_il Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:32 pm

Mother who took son from school spotted in Louisiana

Posted: Feb 18, 2014 4:20 PM CST
Updated: Feb 19, 2014 6:21 AM CST

SOUTHWEST MIAMI-DADE, Fla. (WSVN) -- Police have received information that a mother wanted for reportedly abducting one of her three sons from his Cutler Bay school may be in Louisiana.

Police have been searching for Carrie Weingarth since Friday morning, after she took her 12-year-old son, Erin Pena, from Gulfstream Elementary School without permission from the school. He is the eldest of three brothers. She shares legal custody of the two younger sons with the boys' father, but she does not have custody of the eldest, who she took from the school. Only the father has custody of him.

Tuesday afternoon, police said the three boys and the mother are together and are believed to be outside the state of Florida. Now, investigators are working on some new leads to bring them back home. "We received information that they were traveling westbound in the Walker-Louisiana area," said Ivan Silva, spokesperson for Miami-Dade Schools Police.

All three of the brothers are believed to be with Weingarth and her boyfriend, Christian Coello. They were last seen Tuesday, on a highway in Walker-Louisiana. "Carrie Weingarth and her boyfriend, along with the three children, had switched vehicles at an Enterprise Rent-A-Car facility, located at Jacksonville Airport."

Police said they ditched a newer model, white Nissan Altima and are now believed to be in a dark blue 2014 Jeep Patriot with Florida tag 476-HXS.

According to investigators, Weingarth and Coello both have criminal histories and active warrants for their arrests, which are unrelated to this case.

Police are looking into how she was able to take the boy out of school. They are calling this an isolated incident, and the children are not believed to be in danger.

If you have any information on the whereabouts of Erin and/or his brothers, call Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at 305-471-TIPS. Remember, you can always remain anonymous, and you may be eligible for a reward.

http://www.wsvn.com/story/24756961/mother-who-took-son-from-school-spotted-in-louisiana

mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

DERICK, STEVEN and ERIN PENA - 7, 8 and 12 yo/ Suspects: Mother and BF; Carrie Weingarth and Christian Coello - Jacksonville FL Empty Re: DERICK, STEVEN and ERIN PENA - 7, 8 and 12 yo/ Suspects: Mother and BF; Carrie Weingarth and Christian Coello - Jacksonville FL

Post by mom_in_il Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:54 pm

Father Given Sole Custody Of Formerly Missing Children

February 21, 2014 6:08 PM

MIAMI (CBSMiami) — The father of three children who went missing on February 14 after their mother took them out of the state, was granted sole custody Friday morning.

“Give them a big hug and a big kiss,”said the children’s father Steven Pena, referring to what he would do when he saw them.

The mother is not allowed to see the children or go to their school.

On Thursday, the children were found safe–all the way across the country.

Their mother, Carrie Weingarth, and her boyfriend, Christian Coello, were placed in custody, according to Miami Dade Schools police.

“I can’t wait, I can’t wait to just grab my kids and give them a big hug,” said Pena.

Nearly a week after his children disappeared, Pena received the phone call he’d been hoping to get.

“They told me they have good news for me that they got her in custody and they were bringing my kids home,” said Pena.  “I cried didn’t even know how to express it just it was very exciting news.”

Last Friday, police said Carrie Weingarth tried to remove her son 12-year-old Erin Pena from Gulfstream Elementary without authorization.

The school denied her, but police said she sneaked back into the school and took Erin out of the cafeteria.

Then, police say Weingarth and Coello took Erin, and his two younger brothers, Derrick and Steven Pena out of the state.

Thursday, Police tracked them to California where they said Weingarth and Coello were taken into custody.

“It’s been devastating just not knowing where they were,” added Pena.  “It’s just been driving me crazy, I wanted to know if they were safe and now I know, so I can’t wait until they come home.”

Weingarth’s family is also thankful the kids were found and they’re okay.

“They’re safe you have to thank God how everything’s alright,” said Lillian Weingarth, Carrie Weingarth’s grandmother.

Weingarth’s grandmother said she hasn’t talked to her granddaughter since she disappeared and can only guess why she left.

“She’s probably sorry that she did it, but she loved the kids and she was just tired of all the hassle.  She was just plain tired of it all. She wanted to get out and get away,” said Lillian Weingarth.

Before the children disappeared, Pena said Erin lived with him, but the parents shared custody of the other two children.

“Once they come back I’m going to put them back in school and maybe see how they are and put them in some counseling – hopefully to forget all this nightmare they’ve gone through,” said Pena. “I love them and I missed them and I’m excited to see them again.”

It’s not clear when the children will return to South Florida.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2014/02/21/father-given-sole-custody-of-formerly-missing-children/
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:47 pm

Mom accused of abducting 3 sons back in South Fla.
Carrie Weingarth being held at Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center

Author: Glenna Milberg, Reporter, gmilberg@Local10.com
Elsa Bolt, Producer, EBolt@wplg.com
Published On: Mar 13 2014 07:45:22 AM EDT  
Updated On: Mar 13 2014 09:36:13 PM EDT

MIAMI -  A woman accused of abducting her three sons and driving them across the country is back in South Florida.

Carrie Weingarth was booked into the Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center in Miami early Thursday morning.

Police said she picked up her 12-year-old son from school on Valentine's Day and, with her two younger sons and boyfriend, drove to California.

A week later, Weingarth was taken into custody and held at a California jail.

Meanwhile, her children -- Erin Pena, 12, Steven Pena, 8, and Derick Pena, 7 -- were reunited with their father.

Weingarth did not have legal custody of one the boys.

A judge set her bond at $1 million and ordered her not to take custody.

"They're going to have to prove that a crime was actually committed," attorney Rick Yabor said.

Court documents show Weingarth signed accusations of domestic violence against the father, but they were never filed.

As well, the Florida statute under which she is charged provides 10 days for a parent to explain why he or she took a child.

http://www.local10.com/news/mom-accused-of-abducting-3-sons-back-in-so-florida/24953332
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down